14:00:50 <kidclamp> #startmeeting Development IRC meeting 19 December 2018
14:00:50 <huginn> Meeting started Wed Dec 19 14:00:50 2018 UTC.  The chair is kidclamp. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
14:00:50 <huginn> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #startvote.
14:00:50 <huginn> The meeting name has been set to 'development_irc_meeting_19_december_2018'
14:00:58 <kidclamp> #topic Introductions
14:01:10 <ashimema> #info Martin Renvoize - PTFS Europe, UK
14:01:10 <kidclamp> #info Nick Clemens, ByWaterSolutions
14:01:19 <kidclamp> HI all!  Meeting time
14:01:29 <ashimema> hi kidclamp
14:01:34 <Joubu> #info Jonathan Druart
14:01:56 <Joubu> qa_team?
14:02:04 <Joubu> huginn: qa_team?
14:02:04 <huginn> Joubu: I suck
14:02:52 <Joubu> qa_team is cait alex_a jajm khall josef_moravec ashimema Joubu marcelr tcohen rangi
14:03:24 <fridolin> #info Fridolin Somers, Biblibre, Cheeseland
14:04:05 <blou> #info Philippe Blouin, inLibro, Qu├ębec
14:05:25 <jajm> #info Julian Maurice, BibLibre
14:05:41 <kidclamp> #topic Announcements
14:06:00 <kidclamp> Anyone?
14:06:14 <ashimema> Release Day imminent
14:06:47 <ashimema> we'll be releases early this maint cycle (to give drojf a chance to package without eating into xmas)
14:06:54 <ashimema> 20th (tomorrow) is the day
14:08:31 <fridolin> dev should know about Bug 21955
14:08:31 <huginn> 04Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=21955 critical, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Pushed to Stable , Cache::Memory should not be used as L2 cache
14:09:04 <fridolin> it was a very ugly bug when enableing plack ;)
14:10:09 <ashimema> probably worth highlighting it at the top of the release notes for each maint release
14:10:19 <Joubu> devs know already, I sent an email to the list ;)
14:10:51 <ashimema> more for admins I'm thinking.. to make sure they double check their config for memcached is setup proper
14:10:54 <ashimema> :)
14:11:22 <ashimema> anywho.. moving on?
14:11:40 <kidclamp> #info Release for stable a bit early to avoid christmas rush
14:12:02 <kidclamp> #info admins should review their memcached config in light of bug 21955
14:12:17 <kidclamp> #topic Update from the Release manager (19.05)
14:12:39 <kidclamp> I will push some bugs today to give time for release, next week will begin pushing enhancements again
14:12:50 <Joubu> #info Double check the memcached config on the Koha's about page
14:13:47 <ashimema> awesome
14:13:52 <ashimema> kidclamp++
14:14:29 <kidclamp> Would like to see movement on ES bugs and Mana and other big things, but lots of work has been done and things seem good, thank you all for work on last release
14:14:34 <kidclamp> that's it for me
14:15:20 <kidclamp> #topic Updates from the Release Maintainers
14:15:43 <ashimema> do we have JesseM or Lucas?
14:15:54 <Joubu> rmaint?
14:15:55 <Joubu> rmaints?
14:15:55 <wahanui> rmaints is ashimema and fridolin are the rmaints
14:16:02 <ashimema> From me.. we're moving forward nicely.. I'm all up to date on my queue
14:16:07 <fridolin> 17.11.13 will be the 21st
14:16:08 <ashimema> oh.. we need to update that :)
14:16:14 <JesseM> I am here
14:16:17 <fridolin> nothing special
14:16:27 <JesseM> #info Jesse Maseto, BWS
14:17:01 <ashimema> anything you want to say about 18.05.x rmaint JesseM?
14:17:09 <Joubu> rmaints is ashimema (18.11), JesseM and lukeG (18.05), and fridolin (17.11) are the Release Maintainers
14:17:19 <ashimema> #info 18.11.01 due for release 20th December, packages to follow soon after
14:17:30 <JesseM> Yes. rmaint is not easy. :)
14:17:45 <ashimema> #info 17.11.13 due for release 21st December, packages to follow soon after
14:17:52 <JesseM> But we're learning. Thank you all for your help
14:18:05 <kidclamp> #chair ashimema
14:18:05 <huginn> Current chairs: ashimema kidclamp
14:18:09 <kidclamp> #chair Joubu
14:18:09 <huginn> Current chairs: Joubu ashimema kidclamp
14:18:17 <ashimema> #info 18.05.x new rmaints are learning fast :)
14:18:25 <ashimema> ops
14:18:27 <ashimema> oops
14:19:04 <ashimema> good luck on your first release guys :)
14:19:04 <kidclamp> anything else?
14:19:29 <JesseM> Thanks
14:20:02 <fridolin> i'm good
14:20:10 <ashimema> all good from me too
14:20:18 <kidclamp> #topic Updates from the QA team
14:20:35 <ashimema> cait sends her apologies.. she's out giving blood
14:20:45 <ashimema> cait++
14:21:35 <ashimema> from cait:
14:21:36 <ashimema> same team, same work... bit slow because of holidays
14:21:59 <Joubu> #info NQA queue is quite big but nothing critical
14:22:04 <ashimema> so... generally QA is going well.. the regular qa team mailer is going out weekly
14:22:07 <Joubu> lot of new ft and enh
14:22:27 <ashimema> quiet for the holidays but will pickup in the new year and we'll get back on track
14:22:27 <Joubu> 3 maj however, would be good to see them processed
14:22:59 * ashimema will try to jump on those this evening if no-one else beats him to it
14:23:45 <kidclamp> ashimema++
14:23:47 <ashimema> that's probably it for qa update
14:23:52 <ashimema> cait didn't leave me any other messages
14:23:58 <kidclamp> #topic General development discussion (trends, ideas, ...)
14:24:50 <ashimema> I'm trialing the use of a kanban view for our bugzilla.. but I've not really used it enough yet to promote it
14:25:24 <ashimema> https://bugs.koha-community.org/kanban/index.html?product=Koha&milestone=19.05&assignee=&comments=false&autorefresh=false&site=https://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3
14:25:52 <ashimema> think we may need to tidy up our bugzilla status's a bit (as proposed in a previous meeting) before itll become especially helpful
14:26:14 <ashimema> nothing else from me..
14:26:42 <koha-jenkins> Project Koha_17.11_D8 build #129: SUCCESS in 28 min: https://jenkins.koha-community.org/job/Koha_17.11_D8/129/
14:26:53 <Joubu> I told it yesterday already: IMO the big issue of that tool is that it only supports bug reports
14:27:19 <Joubu> which will limit its utility
14:27:57 <ashimema> perhaps.. but then perhaps we could start using bz to track more than just bugs..
14:28:04 <Joubu> I would be happy to help improving it if needed, but it will not answer my needs
14:28:25 <ashimema> as i said.. early thoughts at the moment.. and I wanted to catch you in particular to see what your goals are ;)
14:28:36 <Joubu> we move our side-projects to gitlab, and ask people to open issues there :)
14:28:39 <Joubu> moved*
14:29:11 <ashimema> kidclamp has some ideas for the new year too I believe
14:29:14 <ashimema> ?
14:29:26 <kidclamp> I am looking at things,  hoping to find a good path
14:29:52 <kidclamp> but nothing to share at the moment
14:30:05 <Joubu> I would like to highlight:
14:30:20 <Joubu> We need opinions, remarks, counter-patches, etc. on bug 21610. That's a big changes that need to see approved/rejected by the dev team. It also blocks the implementation of bug 21761.
14:30:20 <huginn> 04Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=21610 major, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, In Discussion , Koha::Object->store needs to handle incorrect values
14:30:21 <huginn> 04Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=21761 critical, P1 - high, ---, koha-bugs, NEW , Koha::Object supports passing through 'update' which means we can side step 'set' + 'store'
14:31:13 <ashimema> I intend to pick back up on that one over xmas when heopfully I have a bit less on my plate
14:31:38 <ashimema> need a clear head to contemplate it
14:32:18 <Joubu> #info We need opinions, remarks, counter-patches, etc. on bug 21610. That's a big changes that need to see approved/rejected by the dev team. It also blocks the implementation of bug 21761.
14:32:30 <thd> #info Thomas Dukleth, Agogme, visiting California
14:33:32 <ashimema> I also seek agreement to bug 22026
14:33:32 <huginn> 04Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=22026 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, koha-bugs, NEW , Remove `use  Modern::Perl` from Koha::REST::classes
14:34:01 <ashimema> and adding a corresponding guidline to allow through qa in this case (as right now we require Modern::Perl I believe)
14:35:26 <Joubu> "we limit ourselves to supporting perl 5.10" hum?
14:35:45 <ashimema> it's right there on the about page
14:36:03 <ashimema> we require 5.10.. with conversely means we're commited to supporting back to 5.10
14:36:18 <ashimema> and as such we can't use any features introduced since 5.10 ;)
14:36:22 <Joubu> 5.20 since 2 y
14:36:26 * ashimema would love that to change too
14:36:46 <cait> meeting over?
14:36:56 <ashimema> hi cait
14:36:56 <kidclamp> not yet :-)
14:37:01 <ashimema> nope.. still on
14:37:03 <cait> sorry for being late
14:37:10 <cait> #info Katrin Fischer, BSZ, Germany
14:37:35 <cait> Release notes state Perl 5.10 is required
14:37:46 <ashimema> that's where I saw it
14:37:48 <ashimema> not the about page
14:37:55 <ashimema> I knew I'd picked it out from somewhere
14:38:09 <ashimema> so you say we made the decision to up to 5.20 2y back did we Joubu
14:38:20 <cait> #link https://koha-community.org/koha-18-11-release/ Perl version requirement
14:38:24 <ashimema> we should update the release-tools template to state that :)
14:39:19 <Joubu> ashimema: actually we did not, the patch has been reverted
14:39:35 <ashimema> [off] poo
14:39:38 <Joubu> I was refering to bug 20104
14:39:38 <huginn> 04Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=20104 trivial, P5 - low, ---, mtompset, CLOSED INVALID, Update minimum version of Perl to 5.20 because of caller()
14:40:00 <ashimema> 5.20 is a safe bet these days.. don't know of any distros older than that
14:40:01 <Joubu> and koha-devel topic "Koha now requires Perl 5.20" from April 2018
14:41:22 <thd> What version of Perl is in Long Term Stable?
14:41:55 <Joubu> all the info is on the koha-devel topic
14:42:12 <ashimema> so.. 5.20.2
14:42:21 <ashimema> for LTS thd
14:42:41 <thd> Good :)
14:42:45 <Joubu> we can move on and continue the discussion on the bug report, or ML thread
14:42:45 <ashimema> so yeah.. if we decided that we should update the release tools (I can do that)
14:43:24 <ashimema> but either way.. as we're using Mojo::Base in all REST classes then we don't need the extra noise of Modern::Perl as Mojo::Base turns on all the same pragmas
14:43:52 <kidclamp> okay, moving on, will you send an email ashimema ?
14:43:59 <ashimema> sure
14:44:15 <kidclamp> #topic Review of coding guidelines
14:44:17 <ashimema> moing on
14:44:23 <kidclamp> moo
14:46:01 <kidclamp> :-)
14:46:12 <kidclamp> I don't think we have anything in guidelines to review?
14:46:26 <ashimema> :)
14:47:53 <kidclamp> #topic Set time of next meeting
14:48:38 <kidclamp> January 9 2019, 20 UTC?
14:48:44 <kidclamp> three weeks because of new year
14:48:57 <kidclamp> oh, that is general meeting
14:49:01 <kidclamp> 16th?
14:49:02 <ashimema> +1
14:49:11 <cait> works for me
14:49:50 <ashimema> before or after works for me
14:50:01 <ashimema> before would work better
14:50:07 <kidclamp> #info Next meeting: 16 January 2019, 20 UTC
14:50:11 <ashimema> do 19 UTC?
14:50:18 <kidclamp> heh, sorry
14:50:55 <ashimema> sory..
14:50:55 * ashimema got confused
14:52:47 <Joubu> #info Next meeting: 16 January 2019, 19 UTC
14:52:48 <Joubu> end?
14:52:58 <kidclamp> #endmeeting