18:02:16 <slef> #startmeeting
18:02:16 <huginn> Meeting started Wed May 23 18:02:16 2012 UTC.  The chair is slef. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
18:02:16 <huginn> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic.
18:02:17 <wahanui> if there is a meeting then Brooke must want me
18:02:18 <jcamins> JoeLib001: can we try troubleshooting after the meeting?
18:02:23 <slef> #topic Introductions
18:02:24 <wahanui> #info wahanui, a bot that has become sentient
18:02:41 <jcamins> #info Jared Camins-Esakov, C & P Bibliography Services
18:02:46 <slef> Welcome to a maybe very short KohaCon12 meeting. Please introduce yourself like wahanui just did, but putting #info at the start of a line.
18:02:47 <cait> #info Katrin Fischer, BSZ
18:02:57 <slef> Please excuse my slowness but I don't have a script handy.
18:02:59 <thd> #info Thomas Dukleth, Agogme, New York City
18:03:00 <jwagner> #info Jane Wagner, LibLime/PTFS
18:03:30 <slef> #info MJ Ray, software.coop, East Anglia... no, wait, that was last week... West Country, England
18:03:46 <slef> #topic Questions
18:03:57 <slef> jwagner: how about now?
18:03:58 <wahanui> now is probably good time with holidays coming up
18:04:08 <JoeLib001> #info
18:04:11 <jwagner> Did you get my email of May 14? I haven't gotten an answer
18:04:58 <slef> jwagner: err. I don't remember it. What was the question?
18:05:09 <slef> or I'll go look for the email if it's not suitable for the public
18:05:15 <jwagner> I am not going to be able to attend in person, but I can do my presentation remotely
18:05:38 <jwagner> Is it Skype?
18:05:45 <slef> ah, right, that's a shame but we should be able to do a remote presentation.
18:05:48 <slef> I'm hoping not Skype
18:05:55 <jcamins> jwagner: mle should be back on Monday, at which point we'll try to get ekiga/linphone working. I'm in the same boat.
18:06:08 <jwagner> I have no clue how to use any of that....
18:06:19 <jcamins> jwagner: me either, but I'm sure it'll be easy.
18:06:21 <jwagner> I was going to get a Skype tutorial from a friend, but you don't want to use that?
18:06:22 <slef> I'm hoping for something like linphone or ekiga or jitsi or something with video, or using something like Bambuser with a telephone back-channel? We may have a Grade A+ uplink so I'd prefer not trying to avoid Skype making us a backbone router :-/
18:06:45 <slef> if you see what I mean
18:06:54 <jwagner> OK, I will await the (hopefully easy) instructions :-)
18:06:58 <jwagner> Thanks
18:07:15 <slef> when I worked at a university, long ago, Skype was notorious... I don't know if it's still the same
18:07:34 <slef> We'll find a way, but it'll won't be this week.
18:08:00 <thd> Skype must be even more notorious now that Microsoft own it.
18:08:04 <slef> I'd suggest sending over slides+script and maybe getting a volunteer to agree to help deliver it if all else fails.
18:08:26 <jwagner> OK, will work on that.  The only format I can do is .ppt
18:08:43 <slef> thd: heh. Not sure universities care if Microsoft own things.
18:08:54 <cait> jcamins: you could perhaps convert to pdf then
18:08:55 <slef> jwagner: we should be able to read that, but may be using LibreOffice to display them.
18:08:58 <cait> hm jwagner
18:09:08 <jwagner> as long as you can read the file
18:09:14 <slef> jwagner: I'm 90% sure we'll have time to check all files ahead of time.
18:09:17 <jwagner> Thanks
18:09:30 <slef> jwagner: there will be an email with projector specs this week
18:09:43 <slef> #info there will be an email with projector specs this week
18:10:16 <jwagner> OK, that was my question.  Anyone else?
18:10:27 <slef> #info email kohacon12 AT software.coop with any questions for most reliable answering.
18:10:47 <thd> LibreOffice should work fine as long as you avoid some extreme features of PowerPoint.  Be careful about trying to embed videos in a Power Point presentation.
18:10:48 <slef> #info or koha AT lists.katipo.co.nz if can be made public
18:11:07 <cait> I have bad experience with graphics
18:11:17 <cait> if you use the drawing options of powerpoint
18:11:21 <thd> text rules
18:11:24 <cait> safest then might be convertig to pdf
18:11:26 <jwagner> Mine is mostly text, maybe 1-2 screenshots
18:11:27 <slef> #info or our phone numbers and international access numbers are on http://www.software.coop/contact/ but try for 9-5 UK time, please
18:11:34 <cait> screenshots should be no problem
18:11:51 <slef> any other questions?
18:12:21 <cait> slef: I haven't updated the wiki with the new info from your mail
18:12:37 <cait> travelling this week
18:12:44 <slef> cait: it wasn't meant f... oh wrong mail
18:12:57 <slef> ok, let's move to this
18:13:03 <slef> #topic Roadmap to KohaCon12
18:13:25 <slef> I emailed a roadmap update to volunteers about an hour ago.
18:13:26 <cait> slef?
18:13:27 <wahanui> slef is an avid cyclist
18:13:47 <slef> Does anyone who hasn't seen it want to see it?
18:15:01 <thd> Is there anything of general note on the roadmap?
18:15:06 <slef> And relatedly, is anyone not on the volunteers email list who wants to be?
18:15:26 <slef> thd: yeah, "*** Katrin is a hero!"
18:15:33 * cait is not
18:15:48 <wizzyrea> cait is also a hero
18:15:50 <wahanui> okay, wizzyrea.
18:15:57 <wizzyrea> cait?
18:15:58 <wahanui> That's Ms. Cait to you! or in a very good mood today :) or a librarian, you will get wahanui's information or a hero
18:16:07 <wizzyrea> mhm.
18:16:50 <slef> thd: I think the main thing is I think we now have just enough sponsorship to avoid being absurdly spartan, following the mail-emailing of support companies.
18:17:38 <slef> thd: registrations are now about 70 and we're finally seeing more UK registrations and we've only just now had our first failed registration
18:17:55 <thd> What is a failed registration?
18:18:05 <slef> in that case, they didn't tick any boxes
18:18:14 <slef> so sent us their info, but aren't attending anything
18:18:28 <slef> I queried it and they've not replied. Not sure what was going on there.
18:18:39 <cait> I think you can't do more
18:18:43 <slef> hrm, I should be noting this
18:18:52 <slef> #info now about 70 registrations
18:19:26 <slef> #info now barely enough sponsorship, following mass-emailing of support companies and some anonymous donations - thanks to everyone who has chipped in
18:19:47 <slef> #info mle is sorting the network out, but we may need an extra access point
18:20:07 <slef> And two questions:
18:20:26 <slef> Do we want to meet up on Monday 4 June, 6pm, Library bar?
18:20:44 <slef> actually, I'll only ask that one... other one can be skipped
18:21:15 <thd> What is the Library bar?
18:21:15 <wahanui> the Library bar is the first branch created and foo is the second
18:21:41 <slef> the Library bar is also a bar next to the conference venue, at the front of Teviot
18:21:42 <wahanui> okay, slef.
18:22:12 <thd> Is that the name of the bar, Library Bar?
18:22:19 <slef> yes
18:22:22 <wizzyrea> apparently they have those all over the world. :)
18:22:29 <jcamins> thd: anyone in the area will know where it is.
18:22:40 <slef> it's in Teviot
18:22:57 <jcamins> slef: I know. I was clarifying that it's a good place to meet, even if you forget that.
18:23:04 <slef> #idea meet up on Monday 4 June, 6pm, Library bar
18:23:53 <Oak> night guys.
18:24:14 <slef> Any more questions?
18:24:29 <slef> before cait and me pass out? :)
18:24:48 * thd is already passed out :)
18:25:05 <cait> slef: perhaps we should add a page to the wiki with where people are staying and when arriving
18:25:12 <slef> cait: good idea!
18:25:13 <cait> I mean people can add their dates and hotels themselves
18:25:28 <cait> so easier to meet
18:25:41 <slef> a page, or a section on the Volunteers page?
18:25:50 <cait> I think I arrive at the airport around 4pm, not sure about the exact time right now
18:26:10 <cait> hm, might be interesting for all, but volunteers would be ok too I think
18:26:46 <slef> trying to add it now
18:27:03 <cait> slef++
18:28:05 <slef> grrr how do I do a table?
18:28:36 <slef> http://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Help:Tables
18:28:51 <cait> slef: steal an existing one? ;)
18:29:05 <oleonard> Use the wysiwyg editor?
18:29:21 <cait> {| at beginning, closing at end
18:29:26 <jcamins> Delegate to someone who is not me?
18:30:13 <cait> slef: point me to the table, I can do it
18:30:16 <cait> hm page
18:30:23 <thd> Always steal an existing one :)
18:30:24 <cait> ok, not sure I can, but will try
18:30:30 <slef> nah got it now
18:32:33 <thd> Tables had been problematically on one line in the source code when we had started using MediaWiki until I started reformatting them on multiple lines following good MediaWiki examples.
18:32:34 <slef> http://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/KohaCon12_Volunteers#Sign_up_here
18:32:39 <slef> #link http://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/KohaCon12_Volunteers#Sign_up_here
18:33:01 <slef> #topic Next Meeting
18:33:13 <slef> #info Next Meeting Wed 30 May 18:00 UTC in #koha
18:33:24 <cait> only few days before kohacon then :)
18:33:25 <slef> Thank you all for taking part!
18:33:34 <slef> #endmeeting