17:59:13 <nancyk> #startmeeting KohaCon 13 Planning June Meeting
17:59:13 <huginn> Meeting started Wed Jun 26 17:59:13 2013 UTC.  The chair is nancyk. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
17:59:13 <huginn> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #startvote.
17:59:13 <huginn> The meeting name has been set to 'kohacon_13_planning_june_meeting'
17:59:30 <nancyk> #chair nancyk
17:59:30 <huginn> Current chairs: nancyk
17:59:47 <nancyk> #topic  Who is here today?
18:01:20 <magnuse> oops no one around?
18:01:27 <bag> I'm here nancyk
18:01:38 <nancyk> good
18:01:42 <bag> #info Brendan Gallagher = bag ByWater Solutions
18:02:11 <druthb> #info D Ruth Bavousett
18:02:19 <pianohacker> #info Jesse Weaver - ByWater Solutions
18:02:20 <bag> heya druthb
18:02:49 <cait> #info Katrin Fischer, BSZ
18:02:50 <JesseM> #info Jesse Maseto - ByWater
18:03:05 <JesseM> Hi druthb
18:03:19 <druthb> howdy. :)
18:03:30 <pianohacker> magnuse, gmcharlt, mtompset?
18:03:53 <mtompset> Not part of meeting. Enjoy. :)
18:03:54 <gmcharlt> #info gmcharlt = Galen Charlton, ESI
18:04:08 <John_C> #info
18:04:23 <John_C> #info - John Crockett, Washoe County
18:04:38 <nancyk> ok, on with the show
18:04:41 * magnuse is only lurking
18:04:57 <nancyk> # topic Overall update
18:05:11 <nancyk> #info We have approx 72 people signed up for the conference, 34 signed up for Hackfest, with 44 signed up for the Saturday trip to Tahoe
18:05:23 <cait> :)
18:05:31 <nancyk> #info The schedule for presenting in finalized
18:05:46 <nancyk> #link http://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/KohaCon13_Summary
18:06:13 <nancyk> #info what parts do we want filmed?
18:06:39 <cait> hm I think presentations of the conference, but maybe not the hackfest?
18:06:53 <Brooke> I agree
18:06:54 <pianohacker> agreed
18:07:25 <nancyk> #info We will have a professional for a while, and then Todd on the ADDHD cam
18:07:29 <cait> maybe ask presenters who will be ok with getting filmed early on
18:07:34 <cait> then you can plan better
18:07:56 <nancyk> good idea
18:08:19 <nancyk> #topic Attendee email distribution list
18:08:29 <nancyk> #info I will be sending out emails to those who have registered on a regular basis with updates
18:09:05 <nancyk> #topic Vendors doing a presentation
18:09:26 <nancyk> I would like special permission to allow someone from Itiva, our telephone notification vendor to do a 30 min presentation
18:09:54 <nancyk> It is new to Koha, and I personally want to know more about what it can do.
18:09:59 <Brooke> can it maybe go after normal conference, or before?
18:10:04 <bag> well itiva does have "stuff" in koha
18:10:11 <bag> there is a system preference for it
18:10:11 <Brooke> cause there are gobs of international folks that prolly wanna speak that aren't vendors
18:10:29 <bag> Brooke: itiva is from NZ :)
18:10:29 <cait> oh sorry, lost connection
18:10:40 <talljoy> #info Joy Nelson ByWater Solutions
18:10:41 <cait> logs?
18:10:42 <wahanui> logs is http://irc.koha-community.org/koha/
18:10:43 <nancyk> #info we squeezed in everyone who asked
18:11:27 <nancyk> #info How about I work with the vendor for a joint presentation?
18:11:56 * druthb thinks that'd be awesome.  Not *just* a vender preso, but a 'how we did it."
18:11:57 <talljoy> i like that idea
18:12:03 <talljoy> jinx druthb
18:12:04 <cait> hm ok for me, but vendor only owuld be nicer not in the middle but maybe beginning or end
18:12:10 <cait> so people can decide not to attend easier
18:12:16 <cait> itiva is not available in germany I think
18:12:17 <druthb> :P talljoy
18:12:22 <nancyk> ok
18:12:29 <nancyk> #topic Volunteers, what’s coming
18:12:29 <cait> and probably illegal to call people without formal consent etc. :)
18:12:31 <cait> different
18:12:53 <nancyk> #info Jobs that need to be filled are just up on the wiki.  Please add your name where you will be able to help
18:13:04 <cait> can you give the link again maybe?
18:13:12 <nancyk> #link http://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/KohaCon13_Volunteers
18:13:16 * druthb raises her hand for a question.
18:13:25 <nancyk> ok
18:13:51 <nancyk> go druthb
18:13:59 <druthb> How are the sponsorships going?  Got enough scratch?  Because I own a non-library business, and might sponsor, if sweet-talked and if you need it.
18:14:46 <nancyk> We have 4 sponsors so far,
18:15:01 <cait> nancyk: is registration desk all day?
18:15:14 <cait> nancyk: during presentations too I mean :)
18:15:27 <nancyk> enough money if we get all the hotel res I was expecting. They bring freebies
18:15:43 <nancyk> Reservations will be until we start the pres
18:15:52 <druthb> My only gripe with the sponsorship structure is the big step between the two tiers; I would sponsor somewhere *between* those two numbers, if there was a small benefit to doing so.
18:15:57 * cait will probably book this weekend
18:16:26 <cait> nancyk: so you just need to show up a bit earlier and get to see who is arriving? sounds like a nice job :)
18:16:37 <nancyk> I have someone asking for sponsorship, so I'll email you later
18:17:04 <nancyk> Yes cait we need someone nice to greet people
18:17:29 <cait> ah, nice... makes it harder :)
18:17:36 <druthb> puh.
18:17:41 <nancyk> #topic Flier for distribution
18:17:51 * druthb nominates cait for that greeter position.  She's a saint.
18:17:59 <nancyk> #info We have a KohaCon 13 flier for distribution to new libraries and potential libraries.  Please send them to whomever you can think of
18:18:02 <cait> hmpf
18:18:10 * Brooke seconds druthb's motion.
18:18:12 <nancyk> #link http://koha-community.org/files/2013/06/KOHACON13finaldraft.pdf
18:18:39 <slef> #info MJ Ray, software.coop, England
18:18:48 <nancyk> #topic Are we overlooking anything?
18:19:02 <bag> hey slef
18:19:25 <slef> hey bag
18:19:38 <nancyk> #topic Next meeting
18:19:52 <nancyk> July 24th.  Is 18 UTC still ok?
18:20:35 <cait> it's perfect for europe,not sure about other places
18:20:40 <cait> maybe a little early for nz
18:20:40 <slef> it's after Europe's working day, but I guess you know that
18:21:14 <nancyk> would a couple hours earlier be better?
18:21:17 <slef> cait: it messes my dinner plans up, not that I'm much help this year ;-) :P
18:21:50 <slef> nancyk: go with whatever the active volunteers like. Don't mind me.
18:22:27 <nancyk> #info Next meeting July 24th at 81UTC
18:22:44 <nancyk> #info or 18 UTC
18:23:26 <nancyk> Did I tell you I have trouble with UTC?
18:23:39 <slef> well it's not base 100
18:23:42 <nancyk> All done?
18:24:08 <nancyk> #endmeeting