15:01:15 <gmcharlt> #startmeeting General IRC meeting, 7 May 2014, Part 1
15:01:15 <huginn> Meeting started Wed May  7 15:01:15 2014 UTC.  The chair is gmcharlt. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
15:01:15 <huginn> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #startvote.
15:01:15 <huginn> The meeting name has been set to 'general_irc_meeting__7_may_2014__part_1'
15:01:27 <gmcharlt> #info Agenda is http://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/General_IRC_meeting_7_May_2014
15:01:37 <gmcharlt> #topic Introductions
15:01:37 <wahanui> #info wahanui, a bot that has become sentient
15:01:58 <gmcharlt> #info gmcharlt = Galen Charlton, Equinox Software, 3.16 RM
15:02:19 <cait> #info Katrin Fischer, BSZ, Germany, QAM
15:02:30 <ColinC> #info Colin Campbell, PTFS Europe Ltd
15:02:35 <tcohen> #info Tomas Cohen Arazi, Universidad Nacional de Cordoba, Argentina
15:02:55 <slef> #info MJ Ray, software.coop, England
15:03:07 <thd> #info Thomas Dukleth, Agogme, New York City
15:03:16 <Joubu> #info Jonathan Druart, BibLibre
15:03:47 <paul_p> #info Paul Poulain, BibLibre, France
15:03:56 <rafaeltcc> Hi everyone.
15:04:32 <talljoy> #info Joy Nelson Bywater Solutions
15:04:37 <JesseM> #info Jesse Maseto, ByWater
15:04:38 <rafaeltcc> I ame experiencing an strange issue and I cant find anything in the logs. I tried reinstalling koa to no avail. I use koha 3.14 in Ubuntu (in stalled thorugh apt-get).
15:04:59 <slef> Hi rafaeltcc - I'm afraid we're in a meeting at the moment, so can we try to help after it finishes (maybe 30-60 minutes)?
15:05:04 <rafaeltcc> Whenever I try to login, as soon as I press the first key, my page is reloaded as if I have pressed enter
15:05:09 <rafaeltcc> ok
15:05:12 <rafaeltcc> sorry
15:05:18 <slef> no worries
15:05:26 <barton> #info Barton Chittenden, Bywater Solutions
15:05:46 <bag_night_night> #info Brendan Gallagher ByWater
15:06:06 <meliss> #info
15:06:19 <meliss> #info Melissa Lefebvre, ByWater Solutions
15:06:24 <gmcharlt> bag_night_night: it's no longer night where you are ;)
15:06:31 <bag_night_night> ha
15:06:37 <bag> :D
15:06:54 <gmcharlt> #topic Announcements
15:06:58 <oleonard> #info Owen Leonard, Athens County Public Libraries
15:07:13 <gmcharlt> #info Koha 3.16 beta is available for testing.  Please test!
15:08:13 <gmcharlt> any other announcements?
15:08:48 <Joubu> 2 sandboxes are available for testing 3.16beta
15:09:06 <cait> :)
15:09:20 <tcohen> Biblibre++
15:09:28 <cait> I think we already fixed a few issues, like the serial receive bug - coudl those be included?
15:09:35 <cait> Biblibre++
15:09:47 <gmcharlt> #info Jonathan Druart has put together a tool for searching submitted patches - http://splitter.koha-community.org/
15:09:50 <gmcharlt> Joubu++
15:10:43 <bag> yes cool
15:10:49 <bag> Joubu++
15:10:51 <gmcharlt> #info Two of the BibLibre sandboxes are reserved for testing the beta - http://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Sandboxes
15:10:52 <Joubu> I don't know if the data is updated every day. I should ask Chris if a cronjob is set
15:11:10 <tcohen> Joubu++
15:11:17 <Joubu> s/is/are
15:11:28 <bgkriegel> #info bgkriegel, Bernardo Gonzalez Kriegel
15:11:42 <cait> Joubu++
15:11:45 <Joubu> cait: you want me to update the 2 sandboxes with master?
15:12:26 <cait> I think ti would be good for the serials patch, but not sure what others think
15:12:32 <gmcharlt> not a bad idea, but if it's time consuming, you may want to hold off until 11843 is in
15:12:33 <thd> Joubu++
15:13:01 <cait> bug 11843
15:13:01 <huginn> 04Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=11843 blocker, P5 - low, ---, julian.maurice, Needs Signoff , Manual subscription history doesn't seem to work as expected
15:13:04 <cait> ah
15:13:24 <cait> maybe hold off unti l next week or so?
15:13:27 <gmcharlt> #topic Update on 3.8, 3.10, 3.12, and 3.14
15:13:29 <cait> we might turn up more bugs :)
15:13:42 <gmcharlt> cait: might?
15:13:43 <gmcharlt> ;)
15:14:00 <gmcharlt> OK, RMaints, please update us on the maintenance releases
15:14:39 <reiveune> bye
15:15:39 <Joubu> Note that bug 11290 is not yet in 3.14.x. I asked Fridolin to get it for the next release
15:15:40 <huginn> 04Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=11290 major, P5 - low, ---, koha-bugs, Pushed to Master , members-home.pl displays badly if using non english templates and have a utf8 char in categorycode description
15:16:23 <tcohen> I'll do a last push on 3.12.x to catch up with 3.14.x maintenance pushes
15:17:58 <khall> #info Kyle M Hall, ByWater Solutions
15:19:02 <gmcharlt> khall: we're talking about the maint releases
15:19:07 <gmcharlt> do you have an update on 3.8.x?
15:19:17 <khall> just one commit
15:19:56 <khall> two commits actually, one bug
15:20:47 <khall> Bug 9046
15:20:48 <huginn> 04Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=9046 critical, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Pushed to Stable , Items are not exported with the tools/export.pl
15:21:41 <gmcharlt> then, I suppose one last announcement regarding 3.10.x and 3.8.x
15:22:14 <gmcharlt> #info 3.10.x and 3.8.x are expected to go out of support after the release of 3.16.0
15:22:25 <gmcharlt> ... due to lack of RMaints
15:22:47 <gmcharlt> saying this now in case somebody decides that they have a burning desire for this not to be the case
15:23:19 <gmcharlt> #topic Update on 3.16
15:23:32 <gmcharlt> #info 3.16 beta released on 5 May 2014
15:24:00 <gmcharlt> #info 3.16 RC will be released on (or before) 19 May 2014; it may be as early as 15 May
15:24:12 <gmcharlt> #info 3.16.0 general release will be on 22 May 2014
15:24:25 <gmcharlt> #info The master branch is now in string freeze
15:25:21 <gmcharlt> any questions?
15:25:54 <tcohen> gmcharlt: when do u plan to branch 3.16.x?
15:26:13 <bag> bug 11703
15:26:14 <wahanui> somebody said bug 11703 was waiting for an answer, I started QA on it :)
15:26:14 <huginn> 04Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=11703 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, kyle, Passed QA , Convert checkouts table to ajax datatable
15:26:32 <gmcharlt> I'm not sure yet; it will depend on how many feature patches pass QA over the next two weeks
15:27:34 <bag> ah thanks for the quick followup on those QA comments khall
15:27:46 <khall> np!
15:29:41 <gmcharlt> moving on
15:29:46 <gmcharlt> #topic KohaCon14
15:29:52 <gmcharlt> tcohen: bgkriegel: you're up
15:31:03 <tcohen> we have set the location for the conference and will be updating the kohacon14 page with that info
15:31:28 <tcohen> briefly, the conference itself will be held in the downtown
15:31:42 <tcohen> in a nice old building
15:31:57 <tcohen> and the hackfest will take place in the university campus
15:32:09 <tcohen> everything is close
15:32:22 <cait> tcohen++ :)
15:32:26 <tcohen> close to the city centre
15:32:31 <gmcharlt> tcohen++
15:33:00 <tcohen> note: we will start rejecting presentations about "Weight loss"
15:33:22 <gmcharlt> oh good
15:33:24 <talljoy> unless it relates to loss of Marc tags
15:33:31 <tcohen> we are now in talks to get some funding
15:33:32 <gmcharlt> :)
15:34:02 <tcohen> and sending invitation to major Koha users (mostly universities, and official institutions)
15:34:39 <tcohen> We have few registered people, from colombia, chile and argentina (and Jonathan :-D)
15:34:57 <Joubu> \o/
15:35:04 <cait> yay!
15:35:07 <tcohen> but we are about to send a new call for registration on the spanish speaking lists
15:35:21 <tcohen> once our designers send us the banners
15:35:56 <tcohen> bgkriegel: news about that?
15:36:17 <bgkriegel> yep, soon... they promise
15:36:26 <tcohen> heh
15:36:40 <cait> :)
15:36:55 <tcohen> that's it, we are waiting for people's confirmation to choose our pre-KohaCon activity
15:37:02 <tcohen> (sunday 5th)
15:37:42 <cait> ooh
15:37:52 <cait> :)
15:38:14 <tcohen> maybe some tango saturday night, we'll see
15:38:37 <tcohen> we need to talk with vendors who would like to sponsor the event too
15:38:55 <tcohen> once we figure what we do need, we'll send a call-for-sponsorship
15:39:39 <tcohen> and that's ir
15:39:40 <tcohen> it
15:40:30 <gmcharlt> thanks~
15:40:31 <gmcharlt> thanks!
15:40:36 <gmcharlt> #topic KohaCon15
15:40:49 <gmcharlt> thd: you will be sending out a call for site proposals, right?
15:41:17 * thd IS creating that at the moment
15:41:37 <thd> The announcement may not go out until tomorrow.
15:41:46 <cait> thd++
15:42:03 <tcohen> thd++
15:42:10 <gmcharlt> thd++
15:42:11 <gmcharlt> thanks
15:42:41 <thd> The failed baclight on my laptop has left me less productive when I have to change locations during the day.
15:43:49 <bag> magnuse: HI
15:44:40 <gmcharlt> #topics Action items from previous meetings
15:44:58 <gmcharlt> well, we've discussed both the status of the older maintenance releases and the module maintainers
15:45:07 <magnuse> bag: HI
15:45:27 <gmcharlt> any other topics folks would like to discuss?
15:45:44 <magnuse> um, meeting?
15:46:05 <gmcharlt> yep, it's still going
15:46:26 <magnuse> yay ;-)
15:46:54 <magnuse> #info Magnus Enger, currently at Oslo Public Library
15:47:35 <gmcharlt> #topic Setting date of next meeting
15:47:42 <tcohen> gmcharlt: is there anything big that needs all our attention this days for the .16 release?
15:47:56 <gmcharlt> tcohen: just thorough testing
15:48:28 <tcohen> great
15:49:01 <gmcharlt> I suggest Wednesday, 4 June 2014 at 15:00 and 22:00 UTC for the next general meeting
15:50:12 <oleonard> +1
15:50:20 <thd> +1
15:50:47 <talljoy> +1
15:50:56 <magnuse> 1
15:50:56 <talljoy> dude.
15:51:05 <magnuse> +1
15:51:09 <gmcharlt> lol
15:51:12 <talljoy> sorry...wrong window.
15:51:16 * talljoy blames bag
15:51:22 * magnuse too
15:51:31 <gmcharlt> seems right to me ;)
15:51:41 <tcohen> +1
15:51:49 <ColinC> +1
15:52:08 <gmcharlt> #agreed (provisionally) the next general meeting is scheduled for 4 June 2014 at 15:00 and 22:00 UTC
15:52:13 <gmcharlt> #endmeeting