02:04:24 <gmcharlt> #startmeeting Koha general meeting, 5 February 2013
02:04:24 <huginn> Meeting started Wed Feb  5 02:04:24 2014 UTC.  The chair is gmcharlt. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
02:04:24 <huginn> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #startvote.
02:04:24 <huginn> The meeting name has been set to 'koha_general_meeting__5_february_2013'
02:04:45 <gmcharlt> ziemore: you're fine -- just note that there's a meeting going on now, so attention may be devided for a bit
02:05:02 <gmcharlt> #info Agenda is at http://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/General_IRC_meeting_5_February_2014
02:05:07 <gmcharlt> #topic Introductions
02:05:08 <wahanui> #info wahanui, a bot that has become sentient
02:05:27 <gmcharlt> #info gmcharlt = Galen Charlton, 3.16.x release manager, Equinox Software, Seattle, USA
02:05:41 <thd> #info Thomas Dukleth, Agogme, New York City
02:05:41 <eythian> #info Robin Sheat, Catalyst IT, NZ
02:05:46 <ziemore> ok, thanks for the info. this site is cool.
02:05:56 <davidnind_> #info David Nind, Wellington, New Zealand
02:06:02 <gmcharlt> ziemore: you're welcome
02:06:04 <jwagner> #info Jane Wagner, PTFS/LibLime
02:06:15 <ziemore> thanks for everyone, it was a great help. :)
02:06:22 <JDatTeTakere_> #info JD (Joanne Dillon), Te Takere, Levin, NZ
02:07:23 <gmcharlt> the few, but the pround
02:07:27 <gmcharlt> er,
02:07:29 <gmcharlt> proud
02:07:39 <gmcharlt> #topic Announcements
02:08:15 <gmcharlt> #action gmcharlt will be calling a general developer meeting for some time in February for general planning and plotting, particularly concerning topics like DBIx::Class
02:08:22 <gmcharlt> any other announcements?
02:08:25 <jcamins> #info jcamins = Jared Camins-Esakov, C & P Bibliography Services
02:08:34 <BobB> #info Bob Birchall, Calyx, sorry I'm late, disconnected
02:10:04 <gmcharlt> OK, at the moment it looks like all of the RMaints are away, so I will skip the rmaints updates
02:10:24 <gmcharlt> if I'm mistaken and any of the rmaints are around, please speak up
02:10:33 <gmcharlt> #topic Update on 3.16
02:10:59 <gmcharlt> #info RM's goal for the end of the month is to clear the passed-QA queue
02:11:38 <gmcharlt> other than that, there's some largish stuff that's been percolating that I hope will hit Bugzilla by the end of the month as well, for review in time for beta cutoff
02:12:11 <gmcharlt> oh, also
02:12:28 <gmcharlt> #info Bugzilla has been set up to allow security bugs to be reported privately
02:12:56 <gmcharlt> #link http://koha-community.org/security/
02:12:59 <gmcharlt> any questions?
02:13:18 <BobB> no questions
02:13:31 <gmcharlt> ok
02:13:38 <gmcharlt> anybody around who can give an update on KohaCon14?
02:13:45 <thd> I had thought that the private supporting of security bugs had been set long ago.
02:14:26 <thd> Has the change merely been a change in bugzilla as opposed to the previous use of a private email address?
02:14:54 <gmcharlt> thd: not with a tracker behind it, though -- using BZ will help sure that more eyes see things, that the security team can apply the normal QA process, and that there's less of a chance for things to slip through the cracks
02:15:05 <thd> s/supporting/reporting/
02:15:27 <gmcharlt> it also makes it easier for the discussion of give issues to be made more public after a fix has been released
02:15:34 <thd> Thank you for the clarification.
02:16:13 <gmcharlt> looks like there's no update for KohaCon
02:16:34 <gmcharlt> so ... any other topics that folks wish to bring up before we set a time for the next meeting?
02:17:37 <eythian> I think it's a quiet one this time around :)
02:17:52 <davidnind_> Is this the quickest one yet?
02:18:03 <gmcharlt> good question
02:18:13 <gmcharlt> OK, so let's see about the next meeting time
02:18:25 <gmcharlt> #topic Set time for next meeting
02:18:31 <gmcharlt> so, 5 March 2014?
02:18:39 <davidnind_> The next in the sequence is 18:00 UTC
02:18:47 <gmcharlt> indeed
02:18:53 <thd> This hour has always been a difficult time to attract people.   I argued unsuccessfully in the past for choosing times differently.
02:19:40 <gmcharlt> thd: I think this question should be brought up again at the next meeting -- it's not productive to hold meetings at times that barely anybody attends
02:19:57 * dcook was on the phone
02:20:05 <gmcharlt> but for now, any objections to 5 March 2014 18:00 UTC for the next meeting?
02:20:15 <dcook> #info David Cook, Sydney, Australia
02:20:20 <davidnind_> Not from me
02:20:56 <gmcharlt> #agreed the next community meeting will be held at 18:00 UTC on 5 March 2014
02:20:57 <thd> Yes, I will propose that we consider not holding meetings when the time is optimal for people who live in the middle of the ocean.
02:20:58 <talljoy> #info Joy Nelson ByWater Solutions
02:21:15 * talljoy had her days wrong.  sigh.
02:21:29 <JDatTeTakere_> This is a great time for NZ but obviously not so good for other parts of the world
02:21:33 <BobB> that's a bit fishy, thd
02:21:34 <wizzyrea> #info Liz Rea
02:22:24 <thd> Maybe insufficiency of announcement is the more important problem.
02:22:42 <dcook> This is actually the one time I probably can do for meetings
02:22:52 <dcook> But I usually assume that it's not that time, so I don't pay too much attention to the announcements
02:22:57 <gmcharlt> another solution: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3jmdLpsK_k8
02:23:02 <dcook> By announcements, I mean reading the topic when I enter the channel
02:23:07 <BobB> I agree, and I guess we could do more to promote the meetings, to librarians esp.
02:23:20 <gmcharlt> agreed that we need more active promotion
02:23:58 <davidnind_> I tried... an email to list on Sunday, tweet about an hour beforehand
02:24:29 <dcook> I don't suppose the meetings are all that relevant for most people
02:24:39 <gmcharlt> davidnind++ # clearly the next step involves more ... drastic measures ;)
02:25:02 <gmcharlt> anyway, sufficient unto the day
02:25:05 <gmcharlt> #endmeeting