21:01:36 <kidclamp> #startmeeting Development IRC meeting 14 June 2017
21:01:36 <huginn> Meeting started Wed Jun 14 21:01:36 2017 UTC.  The chair is kidclamp. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
21:01:36 <huginn> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #startvote.
21:01:36 <huginn> The meeting name has been set to 'development_irc_meeting_14_june_2017'
21:01:42 <kidclamp> #Topic Introductions
21:01:43 <wahanui> #info wahanui, a bot that has become sentient
21:01:52 <kidclamp> #info Nick Clemens, ByWater Solutions
21:01:53 <rangi> Joubu: updated, ill update the repo now too
21:02:04 <rangi> #info Chris Cormack, Catalyst IT
21:02:17 <bag> #info Brendan Gallagher, ByWater Solutions
21:03:29 <Joubu> #info Jonathan Druart
21:03:39 <cait1> #info Katrin Fischer, BSZ, Germany
21:04:01 <thd> #info Thomas Dukleth, Agogme, New York City
21:05:03 <kidclamp> #topic Announcements
21:05:23 <kidclamp> Anyone have something?
21:06:02 <barton> #info Barton Chittenden, BWS
21:06:07 <kidclamp> should be quick meeting then :-)
21:07:09 <kidclamp> #topic Update from the Release Manager (17.11)
21:07:16 <kidclamp> psst..Joubu, that;s you man!
21:07:34 <Joubu> I just want to say that I am very happy with the answers of the poll, but I have already told it at the last meeting I think
21:07:55 <kidclamp> you can say it twice :-)
21:07:57 <Joubu> I am a bit less happy with the participation from "regulars" and especially by the QA team
21:08:02 <Joubu> not sure it is the way to tell it
21:08:26 <Joubu> but I sent an email on the list, then ping on the kanban (on the  "QAer card")
21:08:29 <caboose> #info caboose Princeton NJ
21:08:35 <Joubu> and did not get any replies
21:08:36 <cait1> I think we get you - you need more QA work to keep things flowing
21:08:40 <kidclamp> there has been a lull since the release
21:08:52 <Joubu> QA queue is growing, I am QAing all what I can, skipping QA for small patches, etc.
21:09:17 <rangi> in my opinion there's been a lull since we havent had cait doing QA Manager (and doing tons and tons of QA too)
21:09:20 <caboose> I'm getting on the QA train, with help from kidclamp, so I will be in the game
21:09:27 <Joubu> but I do not think it is good (to bypass steps) and the lack of people just make the queue growing and growing
21:09:36 <rangi> caboose++
21:09:53 <Joubu> So I may take decisions in the next weeks if nothing changes
21:10:06 <Joubu> like not pushing anything else than what I asked for
21:10:15 <Joubu> (what I really do not want to do)
21:10:17 <thd> Some people may also have some uncertainty about how Taiga is meant to work.
21:10:20 <kidclamp> Kyle and I talked about each spending one day a week on QA etc
21:10:46 <Joubu> And the happy side, we did a big jump on the tests: Jenkins is happy (for all stables and master)
21:11:00 <bag> also we have sprint weeks planned for QA time.  you’ll get 2 weeks one from nick and one from kyle
21:11:04 <Joubu> and, said just before the meeting, `prove -r` is going to pass, without warnings
21:11:13 <Joubu> what I never ever seen since I work on the project
21:11:15 <bag> every 5th week is a full week of QA time from us
21:11:17 <kidclamp> #info there is a QA lull and RM will take steps if necessary to keep things moving, please help out
21:11:21 <Joubu> not sure it has even passed once
21:11:56 <cait1> bywater++
21:12:04 <kidclamp> #info prove -r will pass without warnings on master (this is a big deal!)
21:12:05 <cait1> Joubu++
21:12:18 <Joubu> back on the first point: it is unacceptable to have checkin broken for an ILS (really men!!?)
21:12:31 <rangi> yep
21:12:37 <Joubu> bug found, fixed 2hours after, then release is done, and 3w later the patch is still waiting for a signoff
21:12:41 <Joubu> what can I do??
21:13:38 <cait1> is this the one about the issue_id problem?
21:13:41 <Joubu> the priorities are very easy to find: dashboard -> overall bug tracker status
21:13:47 <cait1> can you paste the bug number?
21:13:48 <Joubu> (at the moment 6 criticals, 22 majors)
21:13:56 <Joubu> nothing else should be done
21:14:04 <kidclamp> bug 18242
21:14:04 <huginn> 04Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=18242 critical, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Pushed to Stable , Move of checkouts to old_issues is not handled correctly
21:14:08 <Joubu> bug 18651
21:14:08 <huginn> 04Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=18651 critical, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Needs Signoff , Move of checkouts is still not correctly handled
21:14:21 <kidclamp> thanks
21:14:59 <Joubu> bag: I do not think 1w of QA every 5w is best
21:15:05 <Joubu> better than nothing, heh :)
21:15:09 <kidclamp> #info bug 18651 is critical and affect stable, needs immediate attention
21:15:29 <Joubu> but I would prefer something more smooth
21:15:30 <bag> Joubu: you pay the bills ;)
21:15:39 <bag> :P
21:15:45 <Joubu> I am not asking more
21:15:50 <cait1> I think the thought was asking more regular
21:15:53 <Joubu> just regular
21:16:10 <cait1> one day a week?
21:16:13 <bag> yeah like nick said 1 day a week
21:16:17 <cait1> ah
21:16:22 <bag> and we are also doing sprints too
21:16:22 <wahanui> okay, bag.
21:16:52 <Joubu> and... the wiki please...
21:17:09 <Joubu> I am waiting for it to trigger actions for new contributors
21:17:29 <Joubu> but not sure keeping asking is the good solution :)
21:17:50 <kidclamp> I think people are getting used to the kanban and figuring out what to do
21:17:53 <LeeJ> did my message come through? I hit enter but it didn't show up in the chat log so I re-logged
21:18:00 <kidclamp> many people still want to be told: edit this page please
21:18:53 <cait1> LeeJ: hm not seeing it
21:19:28 <Joubu> about the poll: I also got very upset answers, which will lead to new discussion for sure
21:19:37 <LeeJ> thanks cait1 :) it was probably because I was inactive for a while LOL
21:19:46 <Joubu> things like: we are not focussed on librarian problems, but only techs ones
21:20:01 <Joubu> but no need to discuss that now :)
21:21:34 <Joubu> move on?
21:21:44 <kidclamp> #topic Updates from the Release Maintainers
21:22:30 * thd is testing syntax for minor wiki issues with category redirection to avoid breaking any old links.
21:22:59 <cait1> releases are on track
21:23:00 <kidclamp> fridolin prob not here, cait1?
21:23:11 <cait1> I talked to fridolin and we are both in string freeze now
21:23:19 <cait1> waiting for bgkriegel to update the po files
21:23:44 <cait1> there have been a lot of translation fixes pushed, so I expect some strings to work on
21:24:03 <cait1> I plan to release on 22nd as usual
21:24:10 <kidclamp> #info releases are on track, string freeze for 17.05 / 16.11
21:24:38 <kidclamp> #info bgkriegel working on translations
21:24:45 <kidclamp> #info release on the 22nd
21:25:36 <kidclamp> All set cait?
21:26:51 <kidclamp> #topic Updates from the QA team
21:27:12 <cait1> yep sorry
21:27:29 <kidclamp> I said my news earlier, kyle and I looking to do one day a week and a sprint every 5 weeks
21:27:42 <kidclamp> As Joubu said there are many patches eneding attention
21:27:44 <bag> We’re just getting into our summer routine and organizing some processes.  But you should see a better output from ByWater very soon on QA
21:28:07 <bag> that includes my day a week too ;)
21:28:21 <kidclamp> I would appreciate attention on 15438 - this is a critical that has been sitting a long time - kyle added a new solution this week
21:28:25 <kidclamp> bug 15438
21:28:25 <huginn> 04Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=15438 critical, P3, ---, colin.campbell, Needs Signoff , Checking out an on-hold item sends holder's borrowernumber in AF (screen message) field.
21:28:48 <kidclamp> #info ByWater is doing some reorg and will have more consistent QA output soon :-)
21:29:50 <kidclamp> #info Please look at critical and major, especially those affecting stable releases
21:30:45 <kidclamp> I am goign to be looking at some ES stuff next week and trying to get an explanation for bug 18434 - i thinkit is module version
21:30:45 <huginn> 04Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=18434 major, P5 - low, ---, nick, Failed QA , Elasticsearch indexing broken with newer catmandu version
21:30:47 <Joubu> #info QA must come from several companies
21:30:48 <cait1> you can click on the section on the dashboard to unfold it
21:30:51 * Joubu subliminal message
21:30:56 <cait1> maybe we shoudl add some visual clue there
21:31:19 <rangi> random question, how many support vendors have their own dashboard/intranet?
21:31:23 <bruce> IDENTIFY
21:31:54 <Joubu> rangi: demo you mean?
21:32:14 <cait1> no dashboard for us
21:32:17 <rangi> naw, like a company dashboard or intranet where they track what they are working on?
21:32:30 <rangi> I know we do, I can see how many wr are assigned to me etc
21:32:35 <cait1> tts redmine
21:32:49 <bag> we use RT
21:32:52 <rangi> because if they do, we can easily make the critical/blocker bugs
21:32:58 <rangi> available as a json feed
21:33:16 <bag> that’s a good thought
21:33:18 <rangi> so that people can display it on their dashbaords
21:33:26 <Joubu> that was the point of the kanban, but yes we could create a feed easily
21:33:27 <cait1> i was just thinking about a little error pic or an indicator that it's a link :) but that's a cool idea
21:33:50 <bag> yeah if we can make that available - I’d love to ingest that
21:34:07 <rangi> like that
21:34:08 <wahanui> i guess like that is hard to vote on. :)
21:34:09 <rangi> http://dashboard.koha-community.org/bug_status
21:34:25 <rangi> k
21:34:51 <kidclamp> #info ranig suggests a feed of critical/major bugs that can be used to pull info in for vendors/contributors
21:35:16 <kidclamp> shoudl we move this into General disc.?
21:35:31 <cait1> sounds good
21:35:41 <kidclamp> #topic General development discussion (trends, ideas, ...)
21:36:38 <Joubu> Yes it could be helpful, with less criticals and majors :)
21:37:00 <Joubu> because with 30 very importants, none are important...
21:37:22 <Joubu> (it starts to be late here)
21:37:51 <kidclamp> does anyone have any other topics?
21:37:57 <Joubu> yes
21:38:08 <Joubu> I have created a new Epic today
21:38:19 <Joubu> "Make our intranet interface more shiny"
21:38:38 <kidclamp> [off] it sounds so impressive I CREATED AN EPIC!
21:38:39 <Joubu> I put in contact Owen, Josef and Juan (juan_r)
21:39:00 <kidclamp> #info Epic added to the kanban: make our intranet more shiny
21:39:09 <Joubu> Juan is willing to work on the interface, to "move to bootstrap"
21:39:18 <cait1> cool
21:39:22 <kidclamp> http://www.wigucomics.com/oc/index.php?comic=225
21:39:26 <Joubu> so maybe you will see nice patches coming in the next months :)
21:40:56 <caboose> I will be happy to help
21:41:06 <caboose> I am the UX designer for ByWater, so I can lend support
21:41:58 <Joubu> caboose: add you as watcher of the epic then :)
21:42:04 <kidclamp> any more topics?
21:42:09 <Joubu> https://tree.taiga.io/project/joubu-koha-rm-1711/epic/98
21:42:09 <caboose> awesome thanks Jobu
21:42:23 * kidclamp 's tummy is rumbly
21:43:01 <kidclamp> no codign guidelines so we can set next meeting, but I will wait a minute for anyone to add thoughts :-)
21:45:03 <kidclamp> #topic Set time of next meeting
21:45:38 <kidclamp> two weeks: June 28th, 14 UTC?
21:45:39 <Joubu> #info LeeJ was the first to finish the how-to
21:45:56 <Joubu> #info Please edit/update the wiki pages to welcome new contributors (https://tree.taiga.io/project/joubu-koha-rm-1711/task/24)
21:46:07 * LeeJ pats himself on the back
21:46:08 <Joubu> (I forgot 2 things)
21:46:09 <kidclamp> LeeJ++
21:46:10 <kidclamp> LeeJ++
21:46:23 <cait1> LeeJ++
21:46:31 <LeeJ> Joubu: speaking of the how-to...
21:46:32 <Joubu> LeeJ++
21:46:45 <Joubu> wait wait, let finish the meeting :)
21:46:49 <Joubu> Yes kidclamp!
21:46:50 <wahanui> Sandwich King of the Northeast
21:46:59 <Joubu> I will miss it, holiday
21:47:01 <LeeJ> https://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Developer_handbook notice the how-to link is a redlink? :P want it updated?
21:47:27 <kidclamp> #info Next meeting: June 28, 14 UTC
21:47:35 <kidclamp> #endmeeting