13:03:58 <kidclamp> #startmeeting Development IRC meeting 22 February
13:03:58 <huginn> Meeting started Wed Feb 22 13:03:58 2017 UTC.  The chair is kidclamp. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
13:03:58 <huginn> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #startvote.
13:03:58 <huginn> The meeting name has been set to 'development_irc_meeting_22_february'
13:04:07 <kidclamp> #topic Introductions
13:04:19 <oleonard> [off] Yay I'm actually here for a meeting!
13:04:22 <marcelr> #info Marcel de Rooy, Rijksmuseum
13:04:26 <kidclamp> #info Nick Clemens, ByWater Solutions
13:04:27 <cait> #info Katrin Fischer, BSZ, Germany
13:04:37 <oleonard> #info Owen Leonard, Athens County Public Libraries, USA
13:04:38 <LibraryClaire> #info Claire Gravely, BSZ, Germany
13:04:41 <jajm> #info Julian Maurice, BibLibre, France
13:04:42 <Joubu> #info Jonathan Druart
13:04:45 <drojf> #info Mirko Tietgen, Berlin, Germany
13:05:28 <benjamin> #info Benjamin Rokseth , Oslo, Norway
13:05:47 <kidclamp> #topic Announcements
13:05:59 <marcelr> I have two small 'announcements'
13:06:11 <marcelr> The first is: Three sec patches are still pending: 18010, 18019 in NSO and 18124 in SO.
13:06:24 <d_antonakis> #info Dimitris Antonakis, Athens, Greece
13:06:25 <marcelr> 18124 is from Joubu, the other two from me
13:06:39 <marcelr> and second:
13:06:46 <marcelr> On the auth merge front I am hoping for a QA of 18070 from Julian maybe today and I will submit the next patch set 9988 very soon. Will be the last fundamental change to merge in this series. After that some smaller things left.
13:06:57 <kidclamp> #info three security patches need attention: 18010, 18019, 18124
13:07:03 <marcelr> So hope for some feedback then
13:07:43 <kidclamp> #info Authority merge set needs QA on 18070 - is waiting for patch on 9988 (coming soon) and then fundamental changes will be done
13:07:51 <kidclamp> thanks marcelr
13:08:22 <kidclamp> Lets ping khall and see if we have release announcements
13:08:53 <barton> #info Barton Chittenden, BWS, Louisville KY
13:09:19 <kidclamp> skipping 17.05 for now
13:09:26 <kidclamp> #topic Updates from the Release Maintainers
13:09:30 <kidclamp> cait?
13:09:33 <cait> yes?
13:09:34 <cait> ah
13:09:42 <cait> sorry, was looking at the bugs :)
13:09:59 <cait> #info 16.011.04 was reeleased today, it includes 3 enh and 41 bugfixes
13:10:16 <cait> I think we killed a lot of bad bugs with this one, getting it nice and stable
13:10:29 <kidclamp> cait++
13:10:35 <marcelr> cait++
13:10:46 <cait> hope there is not much more to be found :)
13:10:49 <druthb> cait++
13:11:16 <cait> that's it basically
13:11:21 <druthb> #info D Ruth Bavousett, no one of consequence
13:11:22 <cait> i plan to stick to schedule for the next one as well
13:11:47 <cait> that's it from me :)
13:11:56 <kidclamp> any updates jajm or mtj?
13:12:02 <kidclamp> thanks cait
13:12:40 <kidclamp> #topic Updates from the QA team
13:12:50 <kidclamp> no Joubu today?
13:12:56 <Joubu> yep
13:13:04 <barton> [aside] /me notes that druthb *is* of consequence; he uses her scripts often ;-)
13:13:04 <kidclamp> ah, ops list :-)
13:13:05 <jajm> kidclamp, 3.22.17 was released on monday, but nothing special with this release :)
13:13:21 <Joubu> I have things to highglitht, but for next topic
13:13:28 <druthb> [aside] /me thanks barton
13:13:36 <Joubu> I need help to QA patches, nothing new, nothing else...
13:13:49 <kidclamp> #info 3.22.17 was released monday
13:14:09 <kidclamp> #info Keep QAing please and watch the queue doesn't get too big
13:14:14 <marcelr> 65 now
13:14:44 <kidclamp> #topic General development discussion (trends, ideas, ...)
13:14:56 <kidclamp> go for it Joubu
13:15:13 <Joubu> So, 5 things to highlight:
13:15:19 <Joubu> 1. As we now have marcxml out of bibitems, we need bug 17898, which is really easy to test
13:15:19 <huginn> 04Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=17898 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Needs Signoff , Add a way to automatically convert SQL reports
13:15:20 * drojf queues in line
13:15:28 <Joubu> 2. Bug 17961 should be very easy to test and QA, it just adds tests. Please make it move forward quickly
13:15:28 <huginn> 04Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=17961 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, ASSIGNED , TT syntax for notices - Prove we have an equivalent for our historical custom syntax
13:15:36 * kidclamp queues behind drojf
13:15:41 <marcelr> still assigned
13:15:51 <Joubu> see deps
13:15:52 <magnuse> #info Magnus Enger, Libriotech, Norway
13:15:55 <Joubu> it's an omnibus
13:15:59 <Joubu> 3. bug 16846 is a big one, but should be interesting to get it in. We will manipulate patron object (almost) everywhere
13:15:59 <huginn> 04Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=16846 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, ASSIGNED , Move patron related code to Koha::Patron
13:16:02 <kidclamp> #info please test 17898, convertin greports after marcxml move
13:16:15 <Joubu> still assigned, no patches, too  many deps, but there is a remote branch with evrything on it
13:16:16 <kidclamp> #info bug 17961 adds test, please test and qa
13:16:24 <Joubu> 4. Hea has been moved to another server, I will be able to access it to clean the DB and upgrade the code. It would be great to get somebody involves on bug 18066
13:16:24 <huginn> 04Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=18066 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Needs Signoff , Hea - Version 2
13:16:40 <Joubu> And finally, 5. We need testers from different countries for the onboarding tool ft (bug 17855 and bug 18039). I provided patches for 18039 and will QA 17855. Cannot test 18039
13:16:41 <huginn> 04Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=17855 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, alexbuckley, Signed Off , Updated Koha web installer and new onboarding tool feature to guide users through setting up Koha
13:16:42 <huginn> 04Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=18039 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Needs Signoff , Move the mandatory and optional files for non-english languages into 'default' directory so bug 17855 permits use of other languages
13:16:56 <kidclamp> #info bug 16846 move to Koha::Patron - dependency tree needs help
13:16:57 <marcelr> bug 18039
13:17:12 <oleonard> I started to test 18066 Joubu, but ran out of time. I hope to take another crack at it
13:17:25 <cait> i will try to test the german installer for the onboarding tool
13:17:26 <magnuse> oleonard++
13:17:27 <Joubu> Nothing really, I highlight these things in the last 2 "what's on in koha-devel" email, but do not get help
13:17:34 <cait> but bit short of time for the next 2 weeks
13:17:37 <kidclamp> #info bug 17855 and 18039 Onboarding tool needs broad testing from different countries
13:18:10 <LibraryClaire> I can take a look at the 17898
13:18:31 <Joubu> About the lang isntaller, we may need to discuss about removing ru-RU and uk-UA...
13:18:52 <marcelr> they seem unsupported
13:19:15 <marcelr> send a mail to the list?
13:19:22 <marcelr> and remove them?
13:19:45 <marcelr> you can still find them in git, update them and get them back in later
13:19:58 <Joubu> yep
13:20:19 <cait> i think maybe send an email to the translate list
13:20:24 <cait> the translations I think are maintained
13:20:30 <cait> i tmight lack someone comfortable with git
13:20:37 <cait> would not be nice to break it for them - what's he problem?
13:20:45 <cait> coudl we restructure to bring it in line with the other installers?
13:20:51 <Joubu> #info bug 14302 has a patch, to kick GRS-1 related code
13:20:51 <huginn> 04Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=14302 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Needs Signoff , Remove GRS1 indexing related code
13:21:02 <marcelr> cait: if they are half english, why keep them?
13:21:08 <cait> why not keep them?
13:21:18 <kidclamp> #info discussion on maintenance/removal of ru-RU and uk-UA as they seem unsupported
13:21:19 <marcelr> because no one maintains them
13:21:20 <cait> if there is a bit translated, it's still helping
13:21:47 <cait> i can read a bit of russian
13:21:52 <cait> i can try to take a look
13:22:05 <Joubu> IIRC They were broken for a while, and nobody complained (ok it's not a valid reason)
13:23:33 <Joubu> The other way around is to push the onboarding patches and test the feature after it's in...
13:23:37 * Joubu is hidden already
13:23:45 <cait> i can still see you! :)
13:24:10 <marcelr> yeah Joubu: why not dismiss the qa team
13:24:14 <Joubu> Yesterday Alex suggested to push it for English, then push it for other languages
13:24:25 <cait> the problem was that it breaks the ohter languages
13:24:26 <Joubu> to me it's not really acceptable to have a feature for English only
13:24:37 <cait> yeah
13:24:38 <Joubu> nobody will care for others for sure
13:24:42 <cait> so that's a big regression
13:24:51 <cait> maybe we can give it a bit more time?
13:24:53 <Joubu> if can still if else...
13:25:02 <Joubu> we can still if else...
13:25:07 <cait> if else?
13:25:20 <Joubu> if english: onboarding
13:25:24 <Joubu> else: no onboarding
13:25:33 <cait> ah
13:26:00 <cait> it hink we should offer it for all languages
13:26:07 <drojf> for all but english
13:26:10 <cait> as a goal - still time until release
13:26:13 <drojf> sorry
13:26:17 <kidclamp> need a vote or still discussion and waiting? I think maybe we should send something to list
13:26:21 <Joubu> it's on bug 17855 comment 166 (last one)
13:26:21 <huginn> 04Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=17855 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, alexbuckley, Signed Off , Updated Koha web installer and new onboarding tool feature to guide users through setting up Koha
13:26:43 <cait> can we postpone it till next meeting?
13:26:49 <kidclamp> agreed
13:26:50 <cait> and see if it gets tested until then?
13:26:59 <Joubu> I sent something on the list already...
13:27:36 <kidclamp> indded you did :-)
13:27:55 <Joubu> yes, move on
13:28:13 <kidclamp> drojf?
13:28:16 <drojf> oh
13:28:19 * drojf panics
13:28:26 <drojf> i tried to backport/build all packages related to elasticsearch in koha. that includes getting libsearch-elasticsearch-perl into debian, backporting libcatmandu-perl 1.03* from debian unstable, packaging libcatmandu-store-elasticsearch-perl (not in debian yet) and some dependencies
13:28:33 <drojf> i had to change the package dependencies for some of the backports to make them work in debian jessie. i have emailed the maintainer to check if that may have any negative consequences, i don't think it does. they were build dependencies and the build worked anyway
13:28:45 <drojf> i have not uploaded it yet and i wonder if it makes sense to put it in a separate repository first. it could break dev setups and it might be nicer to have a choice
13:29:00 <drojf> i tried a koha + ES setup with it and indexing gave an error. it may or may not have anything to do with the packages. i have not investigated a lot. http://paste.koha-community.org/323
13:29:09 <oleonard> [aside] drojf types fast when he panics
13:29:14 <drojf> i do
13:29:15 <drojf> :D
13:29:22 <kidclamp> #info discussion on onboarding tool - will table to next meeting to decide if push with english first and other langugages as they are tested or how to proceed
13:29:24 <druthb> [aside] /me chuckles
13:30:18 <drojf> that's all from me
13:30:43 <drojf> [aside] aside is the new off?
13:31:06 <oleonard> [off] Testing required.
13:31:09 <kidclamp> #info Mirko is working on packaging ES dependencies but has hit an error or two - investigating as a separeate repository until all wrinkles ironed out
13:31:28 <kidclamp> #link http://paste.koha-community.org/323 Error Mirko encountered
13:31:37 <kidclamp> thanks Joubu drojf
13:32:11 <kidclamp> I just had a quick thing, working on facets a buit with elastic and hit some snags while trying to change language codes into display values
13:32:53 <kidclamp> I wondered if anyone had any thoughts on storing the display values in elastic when indexing as opposed to feteching them from codes when displaying
13:33:19 <Joubu> You do not want to store the display values
13:33:25 <kidclamp> why?
13:33:32 <Joubu> if they change, you will have to reindex everything
13:33:37 <kidclamp> hmm...true
13:33:49 <kidclamp> how often do they change :-)
13:34:02 <eythian> kidclamp: you'll have to deal with multiple languages too
13:34:13 <kidclamp> ah, if they use translations, fair point
13:34:28 <Joubu> They should not change so often, but I do not think it's something to do
13:34:41 <Joubu> It's the same for other AVs
13:35:09 <kidclamp> good points all, thnak you - had only breifly thought so far
13:35:12 <Joubu> kidclamp: do you have a bug number to follow?
13:35:57 <kidclamp> will be followup to bug 17169 to add language facets
13:35:57 <huginn> 04Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=17169 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, nick, Failed QA , Add facets for ccode to elasticsearch
13:36:12 <kidclamp> but language tables are ugly
13:36:24 <Joubu> yes they are...
13:37:03 <kidclamp> that is all for me
13:37:16 <Joubu> kidclamp: last time I played with that it was for bug 17762
13:37:16 <huginn> 04Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=17762 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Signed Off , Ability to translate notices
13:37:17 <cait> how would new ones get added?
13:37:28 <cait> i mean, where do you get the descriptons to feed into elastic?
13:37:29 <Joubu> There may be some things to help you
13:37:36 <kidclamp> #info kidclamp will followup 17169 with language facets
13:37:52 <kidclamp> currently they come from language tables cait
13:37:56 <cait> ah
13:37:57 <kidclamp> thanks Joubu
13:38:05 <cait> there was a bug somewhere to move those out of the db
13:38:20 <cait> there is no way for people to add translations there easily and htey are very incomplete
13:38:27 <kidclamp> ah, I briefly remember that
13:38:45 <kidclamp> I don't think we have guidleines to review today
13:38:46 <cait> i thik i'd prefer something that stores the language display text in a translatable file
13:38:58 <Joubu> bug 12017
13:38:58 <huginn> 04Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=12017 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, bgkriegel, Patch doesn't apply , Move language description out of database
13:39:30 <kidclamp> #info bug 12017 may help with language code/display issues and solve other issues
13:40:00 <kidclamp> next meeting?
13:40:39 <kidclamp> or anyone else for discussion?
13:40:47 <Joubu> tcohen: tooooolate
13:40:47 <kidclamp> tcohen maybe :-b
13:41:02 <marcelr> tcohen: quickly introduce yourself
13:41:55 <tcohen> hi
13:42:06 <tcohen> #info Tomas Cohen Arazi
13:42:39 * tcohen is sick today, but here hehe
13:42:44 <druthb> [aside] applauds
13:43:00 <kidclamp> #topic Next meeting
13:43:38 <kidclamp> reviewing survey last meeting we think 19UTC may be better than 20, any opposition or support?
13:43:56 <tcohen> support
13:44:01 <oleonard> support
13:44:05 <marcelr> if we go to 13utc the time after
13:44:20 <LibraryClaire> marcelr they alternate :)
13:44:24 <marcelr> yes
13:44:25 <kidclamp> yes 13 works well for many of us :-)
13:44:27 <marcelr> i know
13:44:34 <khall> ack, missed everything ; )
13:45:02 <kidclamp> heh
13:45:31 <kidclamp> once we set date you can comment khall
13:45:40 <kidclamp> March 8, 19 UTC?
13:45:45 <LibraryClaire> 8th March 19 UTC?
13:45:57 * LibraryClaire is too slow
13:46:10 <kidclamp> LibraryClaire++
13:46:23 <kidclamp> +1
13:47:01 <cait> +1
13:47:08 <oleonard> +1
13:47:15 <Joubu> +1
13:47:24 <barton> +1
13:47:36 <kidclamp> #info Next meeting Wednesday, 8th March 19 UTC
13:47:53 <kidclamp> [aside] before the torrent of downvotes :-D
13:48:09 <kidclamp> #topic Update from the Release manager (17.05)
13:48:11 <kidclamp> khall?
13:48:33 <khall> Nothing too noteworthy to bring up
13:48:53 <khall> Enhanced overdrive integration has been pushed to master!
13:49:03 <kidclamp> #info Overdrive integration pushed
13:49:07 <khall> that's the only big thing I can think of
13:49:26 * oleonard is getting an error related to that... Will bring it up after the meeting
13:49:26 <kidclamp> thnaks khall
13:50:12 <kidclamp> last call?
13:50:35 <kidclamp> #endmeeting