14:00:02 <Joubu> #startmeeting Development IRC meeting 23 August 2017
14:00:02 <huginn> Meeting started Wed Aug 23 14:00:02 2017 UTC.  The chair is Joubu. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
14:00:02 <huginn> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #startvote.
14:00:02 <huginn> The meeting name has been set to 'development_irc_meeting_23_august_2017'
14:00:10 <Joubu> #topic Introductions
14:00:11 <wahanui> #info wahanui, a bot that has become sentient
14:00:21 <Joubu> #info Jonathan Druart
14:00:22 <mtompset> #info Mark Tompsett
14:00:24 <tcohen> #info Tomas Cohen Arazi
14:00:35 <hagud> #info Hugo Agud
14:00:48 <mveron> #info Marc Véron, Switzerland
14:01:12 <Joubu> #link https://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Development_IRC_meeting_23_August_2017
14:01:29 <Joubu> The agenda is empty, it should be a quick one
14:01:48 <mtompset> Perhaps. :)
14:02:15 <atheia> #info Alex Sassmannshausen, PTFS Europe
14:02:30 <Tylathos> Hey #koha
14:02:42 <mtompset> I was curious how to get 19040 in the next release, and perhaps hold off on 14385.
14:02:45 * atheia waves
14:02:52 <Joubu> #topic Announcements
14:02:57 <Joubu> Anyone have something?
14:03:00 <tcohen> yes
14:03:17 <tcohen> i've put some pieces together to come up with koha-testing-docker
14:03:22 <tcohen> and I need help with that
14:03:33 <thd> #info Thomas Dukleth, Aogme, New York City
14:03:38 <tcohen> #link https://github.com/tomascohen/koha-testing-docker
14:03:40 <mtompset> Sorry I haven't gotten back to the, tcohen.
14:03:48 <mtompset> ^the^that^
14:04:13 <Joubu> what kind of help do you need?
14:04:13 <tcohen> #info there's a new tiny project called koha-testing-docker aimed to ease running the test suite on jenkins, tcohen asks for help
14:04:14 <marcelr> #info Marcel de Rooy
14:04:28 <tcohen> I'm facing a weird situation in which things work on my local machine (of course)
14:04:38 <tcohen> but they fail on the debian 8 node ByWater provided
14:04:53 <tcohen> I've managed to solve some of them with some UID tricks
14:05:00 <Joubu> the zebra- related failures?
14:05:05 <tcohen> volume mounted with a different UID, etc
14:05:08 <tcohen> yes
14:05:20 <tcohen> all I ask is people familiar to docker take a look
14:05:21 <mtompset> because you didn't start zebra.
14:05:28 <mtompset> -- last I looked.
14:05:35 <tcohen> mtompset: the tests are supposed to launch zebra on their own
14:06:01 <tcohen> but yeah, might be related to that
14:06:21 <tcohen> I filed an issue on the issue tracker on github, comment in there your ideas please
14:06:34 <cait> #info Katrin Fischer, BSZ, Geramny
14:06:36 <tcohen> #link https://github.com/tomascohen/koha-testing-docker/issues/17
14:06:52 <tcohen> the next step is to branch koha-testing-docker for each stable branch
14:07:03 <tcohen> so each branch has its own context to run tests
14:07:10 <tcohen> as the RM requested :-D
14:07:13 <mtompset> continue to nag me, it is higher in my TO DO list, and I may forget, given that I don't maintain it electronically. :)
14:07:28 <tcohen> thanks mtompset, looking forward to your feedback
14:07:35 <tcohen> Joubu: that¿s all by me
14:07:42 <Joubu> anything else?
14:07:57 <mtompset> As I mentioned, I am working on 19040 and 14385.
14:08:00 <Joubu> mtompset: keep your topic for the general dev discussion later
14:08:02 <Joubu> ;)
14:08:03 <mtompset> Okay.
14:08:12 <Joubu> #topic Update from the Release Manager (17.11)
14:08:25 <Joubu> nothing to highlight, I am in holiday :D
14:08:26 <tcohen> mtompset: refactor GetMarcBiblio??????????
14:08:34 <Joubu> #topic Updates from the Release Maintainers
14:08:40 <cait> Joubu: when are you back? :)
14:08:57 <Joubu> end Thursday
14:09:00 <cait> We are about to do a security release - hopefully today or tomorrow
14:09:17 <Joubu> hard to sync Rmaints :)
14:10:01 <Joubu> frido is not around, mtj ?
14:10:07 <cait> yes a bit, espeically during vacation time
14:10:10 <Joubu> certainly too late/early for him
14:10:24 <cait> you never know with mtj
14:10:32 <cait> otherwise nothing much new - trying to stick to schedule :)
14:10:58 <Joubu> #info stable releases should be done in the next few days
14:11:13 <Joubu> cait: something else?
14:11:13 <wahanui> something else is doing that, before you ran my rebuild
14:11:30 <cait> we are still finding some bad bugs, please all keep an eye on the project health on the dashboard
14:11:36 <cait> and sign off / test etc
14:12:06 * mtompset is away from keyboard 60 seconds.
14:12:19 <Joubu> #info Pick bugs to SO/QAfrom the dashboard
14:12:29 <Joubu> #topic Updates from the QA team
14:12:39 <marcelr> huge queue !
14:12:40 <Joubu> marcelr, tcohen ?
14:12:53 <Joubu> jajm: ?
14:13:00 <marcelr> what about  the xss patches , Joubu ?
14:13:04 <jajm> Joubu, !
14:13:28 <marcelr> do we adjust templates or take another road ?
14:13:30 <Joubu> marcelr: they are pushed to the security repo, we are syncing with Rmaints to push the branch to this repo, then release all together
14:13:43 <Joubu> you can considered the PQA ones as pushed to master
14:14:00 <marcelr> we still have a number in the SO queue
14:14:03 <jajm> Joubu, i haven't done much QA lately, so no updates
14:14:58 <tcohen> Joubu: I'm trying to split my daily hours between devs and QA, I'm trying to focus on some big devs now
14:15:06 <Joubu> marcelr: I do not know what could be a better approach than the one-by-one fixes
14:15:07 <tcohen> while taking care of urgent ones
14:15:10 <tcohen> bbl
14:15:17 <marcelr> ok
14:16:21 <Joubu> Then, are we aiming 200 bugs waiting for QA before end of August?
14:16:36 <marcelr> should be possible :)
14:16:58 <Joubu> ok, let's try that
14:17:01 <Joubu> #topic General development discussion (trends, ideas, ...)
14:17:09 <Joubu> mtompset: ?
14:17:10 <mtompset> Now? :)
14:17:31 <mtompset> Bug 19040 and bug 14385
14:17:31 <huginn> 04Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=19040 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, mtompset, Signed Off , Refactor C4::Biblio::GetMarcBiblio
14:17:32 <huginn> 04Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=14385 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, mtompset, Needs Signoff , Extend OpacHiddenItems to allow specifying exempt borrower categories
14:17:43 <mtompset> I'm still working on 14385... it's huge.
14:17:54 <mtompset> bug 19040 is a refactor of the parameters to GetMarcBiblio
14:18:29 <mtompset> I'd like to see it in the November Release... because it is hard to keep checking to make sure people don't add the old style of parameters.
14:18:43 <Joubu> I'd call that "change prototype of GetMarcBiblio", instead of refactoring :)
14:18:56 <mtompset> Good idea, less scary.
14:19:00 <Joubu> but anyway, why do we need that?
14:19:09 <mtompset> OpacHiddenItemsExceptions
14:19:13 <Joubu> there is only 2 parameters
14:19:15 <Joubu> are
14:19:28 <mtompset> 14385 needs the borrower category.
14:19:53 <mtompset> GetMarcBiblio can call GetHiddenItemnumbers
14:20:06 <Joubu> getmarcbiblio will take a patron category parameter?
14:20:21 <cait> Joubu: so are more patches to XSS welcome?
14:20:23 <mtompset> Yes, in order to pass it to GetHiddenItemnumbers
14:20:33 <mtompset> Hence the change to a hash.
14:21:37 <Joubu> mtompset: I will not have time to check 14385 but I am ok to push 19040, that should not hurt
14:21:53 <mtompset> I don't expect 14385 to make November.
14:22:08 <mtompset> It is too huge and changes lots, so it needs thorough testing.
14:22:17 <Joubu> cait: yes, if you like, but I would prefer someone to focus on a more general approach, or at least with a real plan to get rid of them completely
14:22:47 <cait> I'd try to do it page by page
14:23:08 <Joubu> mtompset: so I guess the next step will be to send cookies to QAers
14:24:03 <mtompset> QAers, If you'd like gifts, please give me addresses. ;)
14:24:26 <Joubu> cait: yes, but it is a huge work, and we need to agree on a plan. And you will need help as well, it is not a work for just one person
14:24:46 <blou> mtompset: change makes sense, but isn't it less stressful to just create new function (copy of GetMarcBiblio), and change them and test them one by one?
14:24:46 <wahanui> blou: that doesn't look right
14:24:47 <Joubu> #info mtompset is willing to send gifts to QAers
14:24:47 <mtompset> Joubu: As for cait's inquiry about the XSS stuff, is that related to the bug you posted?
14:24:59 <blou> thanks wahanui
14:25:09 <marcelr> mtompset: the queue is full of those
14:25:18 <marcelr> sec patches
14:25:35 <mtompset> No, no... Joubu created a CGI wrapper.
14:25:41 <mtompset> for a params call.
14:25:58 <marcelr> and obsoleted it already ?
14:26:02 <Joubu> I obsoleted the patch
14:26:29 <Joubu> especially because I do not have time to focus on that currently
14:26:59 <Joubu> I tried 2 years ago and had to rebase a huge patch for months. I really do not want to try it again
14:27:11 <Joubu> (bug 13816)
14:27:11 <huginn> 04Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=13816 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, koha-bugs, In Discussion , Set Overdue letter fine to the overduerules
14:27:26 <Joubu> bug 13618
14:27:26 <huginn> 04Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=13618 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, ASSIGNED , Prevent XSS in the Staff Client and the OPAC
14:28:27 <Joubu> xss: I still think that the solution is 13618 (escape everything by default), then remove the filter when it is not needed.
14:28:40 <Joubu> And also focus on some scripts that display thousand of variables
14:29:00 <Joubu> another discussion?
14:29:25 <marcelr> just mentioning bug 19096
14:29:25 <huginn> 04Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=19096 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, m.de.rooy, Needs Signoff , Koha to MARC mappings (Part 2): Make Default authoritative
14:29:50 <mtompset> Related to that, I'd love to see OPAC pages refactors to have the filtered record passed to it, and the page grab the information from the record, rather than thousands of variables.
14:30:36 <marcelr> we just need to go thru a few templates ;)
14:31:38 <mtompset> marcelr: ha ha... not the behinds the scene mess I've seen with 14385. :)
14:32:19 <cait> i am a little late
14:32:30 <cait> but can I make a late announcement? :)
14:32:33 <mtompset> BTW, marcelr -- when you hit a false positive, why not increase the POD coverage elsewhere? :)
14:32:37 <mtompset> cait: sure. :)
14:32:51 <cait> We are planning a Documentation Meeting to talk about all things manual
14:33:06 <thd> mtompset: We need a more abstracted form of a record or set of assertions.
14:33:07 <cait> thx to Joubu there is a patch that will fix the help files in Koha to make them point to the new 17.11 manual
14:33:21 <cait> and there is also patches arleady pushed from him to fix the inter-manual links in the manual
14:33:32 <cait> so Joubu++
14:33:41 <mtompset> thd: True, but just one extractable data set, not thousands of variables. :)
14:33:55 <cait> #info Documentation IRC Meeting is planned for August 31, 21 UTC - email to the mailing list will be sent soon
14:34:17 <Joubu> and bug 18817
14:34:17 <huginn> 04Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=18817 minor, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Signed Off , Screenshots not appearing in the manual linked to the Help tab
14:34:29 <Joubu> bug's title is wrong
14:34:34 <cait> yes, I think we need to change the title :)
14:34:36 <Joubu> but here is the one
14:34:43 <cait> it just means fixing to point to the new sphinx manual
14:34:49 <cait> QA plese qa
14:35:13 <Joubu> #info bug 18817 (fix manual links) needs QA
14:35:16 <cait> more at the meeting
14:35:20 <Joubu> thx
14:35:28 <Joubu> anything else?
14:35:41 <Joubu> 5 more sec
14:35:45 <Joubu> #topic Set time of next meeting
14:36:15 <Joubu> should be september 6, 22 UTC, right?
14:36:34 <Joubu> #info Next meeting: September 6, 22 UTC
14:36:39 <thd> mtompset: The trend for replacing records by a set of RDF statements for bibliographic exchange standard is moving  is moving closer to the direction of thousands of variables.
14:36:44 <Joubu> #endmeeting