14:02:14 <kidclamp> #startmeeting Development IRC meeting 24 May 2017
14:02:14 <huginn_> Meeting started Wed May 24 14:02:14 2017 UTC.  The chair is kidclamp. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
14:02:14 <huginn_> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #startvote.
14:02:14 <huginn_> The meeting name has been set to 'development_irc_meeting_24_may_2017'
14:02:20 <kidclamp> #topic Introductions
14:02:20 <wahanui> #info wahanui, a bot that has become sentient
14:02:29 <kidclamp> #info Nick Clemens, ByWater Solutions
14:02:32 <tcohen> #info Tomás Cohen Arazi
14:02:38 <oleonard> #info Owen Leonard, Athens County Public Libraries, USA
14:02:55 <jajm> #info Julian Maurice, BibLibre
14:02:56 <Joubu> #info Jonathan Druart
14:04:00 <jajm> https://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Development_IRC_meeting_24_May_2017
14:04:10 <thd> #info Thomas Dukleth, Agogme, New York City - Earlier resumption of internet service from Verizon was merely a delusion ... grrr ...
14:04:19 <kidclamp> khall barton cait
14:04:40 <kidclamp> khall1
14:04:50 <mveron> #info Marc Véron, Koha Support Schweiz, www.koha-support.ch
14:04:59 <khall1> #invo Kyle M Hall, ByWater Solutions
14:05:08 <kidclamp> #info Kyle M Hall, ByWater Solutions
14:05:14 <khall1> heh, thanks ; )
14:05:37 <kidclamp> okay, starting things
14:05:42 <kidclamp> #topic Announcements
14:05:53 <kidclamp> anyone? Joubu?
14:06:14 <Joubu> later
14:06:45 <kidclamp> kk
14:07:03 <kidclamp> #topic Update from the Release manager (17.05)
14:07:08 <kidclamp> that's you khall1
14:07:13 <marcelr> #info Marcel de Rooy
14:07:28 <khall1> No much new to report, pushing a few final bug fixes
14:07:40 <khall1> I plan on releasing Friday
14:07:55 <kidclamp> #info final bug fixes being pushed, release on Froday
14:07:58 <kidclamp> #info final bug fixes being pushed, release on Friday
14:07:59 <khall1> barring any unforseen problems with my move that will leave me without internet access
14:08:46 <Joubu> ask thd
14:09:11 <kidclamp> #topic Updates from the Release Maintainers
14:09:31 <kidclamp> mtj, jajm
14:09:52 * thd could move one building away for internet access if that would be possible ;(
14:10:00 <jajm> 3.22.21 is out and is the last 3.22.x release
14:10:19 <kidclamp> jajm++
14:10:28 <kidclamp> #info 3.22.21 is out and is the last 3.22.x release
14:10:34 <oleonard> jajm++
14:10:41 <oleonard> 3.x++
14:10:48 <Joubu> Heav2 is officialy backported into all stable releases :)
14:10:56 <Joubu> it's great to have it into 3.x :)
14:11:07 <kidclamp> #info 16.11.08 was released on 22nd
14:11:24 <kidclamp> #Hea v2 is officially backported into all stable releases
14:11:27 <kidclamp> #info Hea v2 is officially backported into all stable releases
14:11:32 <tcohen> jajm++
14:11:51 <tcohen> jajm++
14:11:53 <tcohen> :-D
14:11:57 <kidclamp> #topic Updates from the QA team
14:12:09 <Joubu> here!
14:12:13 <Joubu> 17.05 is coming very soon, do we have time for majors and criticals?
14:12:14 <jajm> :)
14:12:21 * kidclamp sees a light agenda so moving fast, poke me if you have things to say
14:12:24 <Joubu> We have 4 majors and 2 criticals in the NQA queue
14:12:40 <Joubu> Majors: Bug 18663, bug 18662, bug 18131, bug 16295 ; criticals: bug 17717, bug 10382
14:12:40 <huginn_> 04Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=18663 major, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Signed Off , Missing db update for ExportRemoveFields
14:12:41 <huginn_> 04Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=18662 major, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Signed Off , Can not delete currencies
14:12:41 <Joubu> (I have plenty of things to say)
14:12:42 <huginn_> 04Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=18131 major, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Signed Off , Matching staged records when using elastic search fails
14:12:43 <huginn_> 04Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=16295 major, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Signed Off , marc_modification_templates permission doesn't allow access to modify template
14:12:44 <huginn_> 04Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=17717 critical, P4, ---, gmcharlt, Signed Off , process_message_queue.pl: Can't locate Authen/CAS/Client/Response/Failure.pm
14:12:45 <huginn_> 04Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=10382 critical, P5 - low, ---, alex.arnaud, Signed Off , collection not returning to null when removed from course reserves
14:12:50 <marcelr> NQA = SO
14:12:53 <Joubu> Sounds like some of them should go into 17.05
14:12:54 * kidclamp budgets most of the time for that :-)
14:13:24 <marcelr> 10382 looks like a failed qa to me
14:13:25 <Joubu> I prefer "NQA" because there is a "Need" in it :)
14:13:42 <Joubu> but yes NQA==SO (and not an assignment marcelr  ;)
14:13:53 <kidclamp> #info some majors and criticals awaiting QA for 17.05
14:14:08 <kidclamp> #info Majors: Bug18663, bug18662, bug18131, bug16295 ; criticals: bug17717, bug10382
14:14:32 <Joubu> So either we lower the severity, or you take care
14:14:48 <Joubu> I cannot as I wrote 4/6 of them, I am against 1 and cannot test the last one
14:15:10 <jajm> i'll do some QA after the meeting
14:15:17 <marcelr> i will look at what remains on friday
14:15:45 <Joubu> 18663 18662 16295 are trivial
14:15:46 <barton> #info barton, BWS
14:16:07 <Joubu> 17717 should be too, if you recreate
14:16:13 <Joubu> the 2 others are tricky
14:16:34 <Joubu> move on?
14:16:46 <kidclamp> #topic General development discussion (trends, ideas, ...)
14:17:16 <Joubu> here! :)
14:17:43 <kidclamp> :-)
14:17:44 <Joubu> I would like to share with all of you what I shared with few of you last week
14:17:57 <Joubu> I created a kanban board on the taiga website, it's https://tree.taiga.io/project/joubu-koha-rm-1711/kanban (start by reading the README card)
14:18:04 <Joubu> It is how I'd like to coordinate and assign tasks for the next release (17.11)
14:18:21 <Joubu> I did not shared it widely, to test it first
14:18:25 <Joubu> If you want to join us, feel free to come
14:18:35 <tcohen> Joubu++
14:18:40 <Joubu> Then I wanted to tell that I received quite a lot of answers from the poll, 29! (2 dup IIRC)
14:18:48 <Joubu> (and some answers are a bit surprising)
14:19:05 <Joubu> If I sum the number of hours they will have to help the community, I get ....
14:19:08 <Joubu> want to guess?
14:19:32 <Joubu> well, not "they will have to" ;)
14:19:37 <tcohen> 100
14:19:38 <tcohen> ?
14:19:39 <Joubu> "they said they will"
14:19:42 <khall1> 500
14:19:46 <kidclamp> 32
14:19:49 <Joubu> 683h!
14:19:57 <Joubu> And some big companies did not answer yet.
14:20:12 <Joubu> I need to contact some of the "surprising" answers to make sure they correctly understood the question :)
14:20:13 <marcelr> how realistic are these numbers..
14:20:23 <Joubu> no idea, some are, some are not
14:20:28 <kidclamp> #info Joubu has received good response from survey, 683 possible volunteer hours!!
14:20:45 <Joubu> that's why I will contact the ones that seems too high
14:21:18 <Joubu> Regarding these big numbers (and what they said they were expecting: contribute, getting involved!) my priority for now is to build descend "entry points" for beginners.
14:21:29 <Joubu> I'd like to make clear the information that are useful on our wiki, refresh and update them.
14:21:31 <kidclamp> #link https://tree.taiga.io/project/joubu-koha-rm-1711/kanban Kanban for 17.11 release
14:21:49 <Joubu> To get help from you and centralize the efforts about "help new contributors", I created a card on the kanban: https://tree.taiga.io/project/joubu-koha-rm-1711/us/21?kanban-status=1156859
14:22:22 <Joubu> This card contains 3 subtasks: 1. koha-howto (I announced it a week ago, it's ready for testing and getting feedbacks), 2. find new ideas for koha-howto and 3. Create the entry points
14:22:50 <Joubu> This last task points to a pad which aims to be the tool to discuss together on how to get these entry points
14:22:52 <tcohen> Joubu: do you think we should bake how-to into kohadevbox?
14:23:01 <Joubu> How do we to welcome new contributors? Which pages are important? What could have helped you when you started?
14:23:22 <Joubu> tcohen: not yet, but we should later, yes
14:23:27 <Joubu> See https://annuel2.framapad.org/p/Koha_Create_entry_points and improve it.
14:23:38 <Joubu> TLDR; See this last link and reorder/improve/format things
14:23:52 <Joubu> And I am done :)
14:24:01 <oleonard> Joubu++
14:25:02 <kidclamp> anyone want time for responses
14:25:53 * kidclamp is giving it :-)
14:25:57 <huginn_> New commit(s) kohagit: Bug 18548: Print usage when missing instance name in koha-create script <http://git.koha-community.org/gitweb/?p=koha.git;a=commitdiff;h=d2ed4fadc59260372baedab038d16bd7cb169b1c> / Bug 18569 - Quick add patron will not copy over details from cities and towns pull... <http://git.koha-community.org/gitweb/?p=koha.git;a=commitdiff;h=e609679eb278383f573eda78048f8fa107ae159b> / Bug 18598 - Quick add form doesn't clear values when switching <http://git.koha-community.org/gitweb/?p=koha.git;a=commitdiff;h=c762cd827e0a80960f3b23513981a382025b3bee> / Bug 18596 - Quick add form duplicating password confirm <http://git.koha-community.org/gitweb/?p=koha.git;a=commitdiff;h=3e5dbef9ef18e0eaadfff9c7d7b5838aec75fb36> / Bug 18642: Remove debug messages <http://git.koha-community.org/gitweb/?p=koha.git;a=commitdiff;h=31630ab0e4898f99251222f750492dad43bc3b38> / Bug 18647: Resolve internal server error on category_type <http://git.koha-community.org/gitweb/?p=koha.git;a=commitdiff;h=87bb59304e53755d7b4565c517578a838e1f0041>
14:26:12 * cait waves
14:27:30 <oleonard> I have a question for everyone if this is a good time
14:27:57 <kidclamp> floor is yours oleonard
14:28:28 <oleonard> I've been looking at the new Hea interface (better late than never) and it occurred to me that it might be nice to make it reflect the style of koha-community.org. What do you all think?
14:28:49 <Joubu> I tried a bit
14:29:27 <Joubu> well not, I get the blue from Koha
14:29:32 <Joubu> not k-c.org
14:29:41 * mveron is called. Bye Kohy
14:29:45 <mveron> Koha..
14:30:07 * oleonard 's affectionate name for Koha is now Kohy
14:30:19 * LibraryClaire pats kohy
14:30:40 <oleonard> Did everyone get distracted by something shiny which I can't see? Or are you all nodding in agreement?
14:30:45 <thd> Stylistic integration should be an advantage.
14:31:09 * thd nods.
14:31:26 * kidclamp is both distracted and nodding
14:31:30 <tcohen> Kohy++
14:31:49 <kidclamp> I say go forth oleonard and design!
14:31:56 <marcelr> oleonard++
14:32:05 <oleonard> Alright that's enough for me.
14:32:09 <tcohen> I asked something on the list
14:32:14 <barton> *what*? oh. was distracted. nods.
14:32:17 <tcohen> about using UUID
14:32:30 <tcohen> it has its disadvantages
14:32:37 <marcelr> tcohen: as long as you do not replace all pk's
14:32:39 <tcohen> DB index size, for instance
14:33:10 <Joubu> I do not see the difference UUID and adding a column to old_issues (1 PK 'id' and 1 'issue_id')
14:33:16 <Joubu> between*
14:33:21 <kidclamp> #info oleonard will work on matching hea interface to koha community website
14:33:45 <Joubu> just merge issues and old_issues if you have time to fix the problem :)
14:33:52 <Joubu> "just"
14:35:32 <Joubu> ping?
14:35:33 <wahanui> Using deft allegory, the authors have provided an insightful and intuitive explanation of one of Unix's most venerable networking utilities. http://www.amazon.com/Story-about-Reading-Railroad-Books/dp/0448421658
14:35:45 <Joubu> why are you all so slow?
14:35:54 <oleonard> :)
14:35:56 <kidclamp> I have no strong feeling, but think I prefer table merge
14:36:03 <tcohen> https://www.percona.com/blog/2014/12/19/store-uuid-optimized-way/
14:36:04 <Joubu> if nobody has something to add, we can move on, no need to wait for nothing
14:36:11 <tcohen> true
14:36:24 * oleonard is unqualified to comment
14:36:33 <kidclamp> well, no coding guidelines, so just next meeting
14:36:38 <kidclamp> unless anyone has final thoughts
14:36:40 <tcohen> yup
14:37:17 <kidclamp> General is June 7, so 14th?
14:37:42 <kidclamp> 21UTC?
14:38:03 <tcohen> +1
14:38:29 <kidclamp> #info Next meeting: 14 June, 2017, 21 UTC
14:38:32 <Joubu> switch
14:38:35 <Joubu> yes
14:38:53 <kidclamp> #endmeeting