13:06:05 <tcohen> #startmeeting Development IRC meeting 25 January 2017
13:06:05 <huginn> Meeting started Wed Jan 25 13:06:05 2017 UTC.  The chair is tcohen. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
13:06:05 <huginn> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #startvote.
13:06:05 <huginn> The meeting name has been set to 'development_irc_meeting_25_january_2017'
13:06:30 <marcelr> #info Marcel de Rooy, Rijksmuseum, Netherlands
13:06:30 <tcohen> hi everyone, please introduce yourselves with #info
13:06:36 <magnuse> #info Magnus Enger, Libriotech, Norway
13:06:43 <tcohen> #info Tomás Cohen Arazi, Theke Solutions
13:06:47 <cait> #info Katrin Fischer, BSZ, Germany
13:06:50 <jajm> #info Julian Maurice, BibLibre, France
13:06:51 <LibraryClaire> #info Claire Gravely, BSZ, Germany
13:06:58 <rsantellan> #info Rodrigo Santellan, ORT, Uruguay
13:06:59 <oleonard> #info Owen Leonard, Athens County Public Libraries, USA
13:07:02 <kidclamp> #info Nick Clemens, ByWater Solutions
13:07:28 <josef_moravec_> #info Josef Moravec, Municipal Library Usti nad ORlici
13:08:04 <Joubu> #info Jonathan Druart, France
13:08:36 <tcohen> #koha, please introduce yourselves
13:08:54 <tcohen> #topic Announcements
13:09:00 <tcohen> Any announcements?
13:09:49 <tcohen> druthb: announcements?
13:09:50 <wahanui> announcements are often automatic
13:10:18 <magnuse> the rdf mailing list, perhaps`
13:10:32 <tcohen> magnuse: go ahead
13:10:39 <Joubu> [off] I will move to Argentina in about 1 month, hopefully
13:10:47 <Joubu> [off] but keep it off :p
13:10:50 <cait> [off] woohoo
13:10:54 <oleonard> [off] !!!
13:10:57 <ashimema> #info Martin Renvoize, PTFS-Europe
13:11:00 <LibraryClaire> [off] :O
13:11:03 <marcelr> [off] working on Koha?
13:11:06 <magnuse> bywater has created a mailing list for people who are interested in adding support for rdf/linked data/semantic web techniques to koha
13:11:07 <tcohen> [off] That's quite an announcement Joubu
13:11:16 <druthb> [off]  I'm getting married on March 4.   :)
13:11:29 <cait> [off] congratulations :)
13:11:32 <tcohen> [off] :)
13:11:35 <ashimema> want to link that magnuse?
13:11:40 <marcelr> [off] :)
13:11:50 <Joubu> [off] just following my girlfriend, she got her funding for a 2 years position research
13:11:53 <josef_moravec_> [off] congatulations to all ;)
13:11:54 <ashimema> [off] congrats druthb
13:12:04 <ashimema> [off] enjoy Joubu
13:12:06 <magnuse> don't know if there is a public page for signing up to the list, but get in touch with bag or khall or others at bywater and they can propbably add you
13:12:09 <Joubu> [off] nothing will change for my Koha-related job
13:12:18 <marcelr> [off] good
13:12:18 <cait> [off] congrats to K. for getting the funding :)
13:12:38 <magnuse> [off] hooray for druthb and Joubu!
13:12:42 <ashimema> [off] apart from your online hours Joubu ;)
13:13:01 <Joubu> [off] hehe yes indeed :)
13:13:02 <tcohen> #info ByWater has created an mailing list for people interested in adding support for rdf/linked data/semantic web techniques to koha
13:13:03 <ashimema> [off] lots of [off] and not much [on]
13:13:16 <kidclamp> [off]congrats to all!
13:13:17 <Joubu> [on] tcohen will can move on ;)
13:13:38 <oleonard> Do we have an agenda link?
13:13:49 <tcohen> #info Lots of off-the-record announcements, for more information ask Joubu and druthb
13:13:49 <Joubu> https://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Development_IRC_meeting_25_January_2017
13:13:57 <cait> #link https://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Development_IRC_meeting_25_January_2017 agenda
13:14:08 <tcohen> ok, moving on
13:14:31 <tcohen> #topic Update from the Release manager
13:14:37 <magnuse> (the list is very low traffic, so far)
13:14:41 <tcohen> khall? bag?
13:15:03 * ashimema wonders if we missed the POD discussion
13:15:18 <marcelr> see agenda
13:15:21 <tcohen> ashimema: i preferred to have the announcements dirst
13:15:26 <tcohen> first
13:15:48 <tcohen> it is too early for bag
13:15:55 <kidclamp> or khall
13:16:20 <tcohen> and khall seems offline
13:16:22 <tcohen> so, moving on
13:16:26 <magnuse> lazy people ;-)
13:16:29 <tcohen> #topic Updates from the Release Maintainers
13:16:44 <cait> #info 16.11.2 was released on 22nd
13:17:05 <ashimema> cait++
13:17:07 <cait> the plan is to keep with the schedule - i hope it will always work out :)
13:17:12 <marcelr> cait++
13:17:15 <tcohen> cait++
13:17:18 <cait> packages have been made available the next day this time - drojf++!
13:17:35 <jajm> #info 3.22.15 was released on 23rd
13:17:36 <ashimema> drojf++
13:17:39 <cait> and bgkriegel++ for sending me the po files on short notice too
13:17:49 <tcohen> awesome
13:17:56 <ashimema> jajm++
13:17:59 <cait> In some cases I asked for feedback or people spoke up that they'd like to have something included
13:18:12 <cait> I will try to review those the next week latest and see what I can do for the next release
13:18:20 <cait> have some patience, I have a list for those :)
13:18:28 <marcelr> great
13:18:38 <Joubu> Something about 3.22.x
13:18:39 <tcohen> cait: is there a list of outstanding bugs for the stability of 16.11?
13:18:40 <cait> jajm++
13:18:48 <Joubu> it seems that it's buggy since 3.22.14
13:18:54 <Joubu> see bug 17943
13:18:54 <huginn> 04Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=17943 critical, P2, ---, gmcharlt, NEW , "make test" failed when upgrading from koha-3.22.10 to 3-22.14 , also fresh installation of koha-3.22.14 made the same "make test" failing
13:18:59 <cait> right now I think my first list is done with - the one that Joubu had sent
13:19:00 <Joubu> mught be a critical one
13:19:14 <jajm> Joubu, yep, I just saw that, i will take a look asap
13:19:19 <cait> i think there might still be some bugs in holds - I haven't reviewed them yet
13:19:22 <tcohen> jajm++
13:19:35 <tcohen> cait: thanks
13:20:07 <tcohen> #info Katrin says there can be some minor bugs on holds, but 16.11 is stable enough
13:20:14 <tcohen> mtj: around?
13:20:30 <cait> didn't say minor
13:20:33 <cait> might be havier ones
13:21:13 <tcohen> #info holds bugs in 16.11 can be totally not-minor
13:21:26 <tcohen> :D
13:21:43 <cait> heh
13:22:13 <magnuse> cait: bug 17940 might be worth a look
13:22:13 <huginn> 04Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=17940 major, P5 - low, ---, koha-bugs, NEW , Holds not going to waiting state after having been transferred
13:22:14 <tcohen> cait: I'm sure you will make us note those bugs
13:22:58 <tcohen> ok, moving on
13:23:15 <tcohen> #topic Review of coding guidelines / New POD guidelines
13:23:29 <tcohen> kidclamp: your turn
13:23:53 <kidclamp> okay
13:24:28 * oleonard has a coding guideline item after kidclamp
13:24:32 <kidclamp> I sent out an email - got two responses, I think we can go ahead with enforcing the current rule about POD and adding that it should be inline
13:25:04 <tcohen> kidclamp: no objections so far?
13:25:05 <marcelr> and you already got responses on last meeting
13:25:18 <kidclamp> heh, there was more discussion at the meetings :-)
13:25:19 <jajm> ++ for inline POD
13:25:23 <marcelr> i go for required, inline
13:25:30 <ashimema> ++ for inline POD
13:25:49 <josef_moravec_> ++ inline
13:26:06 <tcohen> any objections? if there are, we should vote
13:26:17 <kidclamp> so I say add to guideline: When updating a module lacking POD please add coverage for existing subroutines. All POD should be inline with subroutines
13:26:20 <cait> already voted on ml - inline and required :)
13:26:21 <kidclamp> lets vote
13:26:23 <kidclamp> heh
13:26:37 <cait> do you have to do all? or just the ones you use?
13:26:41 <cait> use/change?
13:26:51 <marcelr> only what you change
13:26:57 <magnuse> yeah
13:27:00 <kidclamp> I think all is encouraged, what you change is required
13:27:03 <tcohen> yeah, only what you change is required
13:27:10 <tcohen> yeah
13:28:11 <marcelr> you probably wont like rebasing them when we change all
13:28:18 <kidclamp> When updating a module you are required to add POD for existing subroutines, it is encouraged to add POD to all subroutines as possible
13:28:32 <kidclamp> heh - true, but full coverage would be nice
13:28:59 <cait> hm existing and all seems the same
13:29:03 <cait> for changed/added?
13:29:12 <ashimema> full coverage would be lovely.. but enforcing someone to go back and write pod for each routine when they've done a 1 character change to one routine is a bit rough ;)
13:29:32 <magnuse> yup
13:29:37 <marcelr> existing should be modified
13:29:40 <cait> When updating a module you are required to add POD for added and changed subroutines, it is encouraged to add POD to all subroutines as possible
13:29:42 <tcohen> ashimema: the QA team is good when negotiating
13:29:49 <kidclamp> I think QA judgement calls are okay
13:29:52 <marcelr> QA++
13:29:55 <ashimema> I'd say.. ensure POD is accurate and correct for the routines you are altering as the rule
13:30:03 <ashimema> true
13:30:20 <ashimema> I'd love to see some pod only bugs coming in too ;)
13:30:41 <kidclamp> barton volunteered to do some work there
13:30:47 <tcohen> barton
13:30:47 <ashimema> awesome
13:30:50 <tcohen> barton++
13:30:55 <ashimema> barton++
13:31:08 <tcohen> #info Barton volunteered to write patches fixing POD
13:31:38 <tcohen> #info Nick volunteers to update the coding guidelines text to reflect this change
13:31:49 <kidclamp> When updating a module you are required to add POD for added and changed subroutines or ensure existing POD is accurate, it is encouraged to add POD to all subroutines as possible
13:32:14 <Joubu> we need a template
13:32:34 <Joubu> what is usually done :
13:32:35 <kidclamp> For two examples, see the POD comments in the Search.pm module (perldoc Search.pm) and the Biblio.pm module.
13:32:40 <Joubu> =head3 method
13:32:51 <marcelr> head2 reads nicer for subroutines
13:32:54 <Joubu> my $return_value = $obj->method ( $params );
13:32:58 <Joubu> describe the params
13:33:03 <Joubu> what does the method
13:33:05 <Joubu> =cut
13:33:24 <tcohen> Joubu: do you think you can find a good example?
13:33:26 <Joubu> But as I already said
13:33:40 <Joubu> $patron->get_overdues
13:33:49 <Joubu> this method returns overdues for a patron
13:33:56 <Joubu> fantastically useful...
13:33:58 <marcelr> heh
13:34:12 <kidclamp> https://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Coding_Guidelines#PERL3:_Fix_warnings <- Do you think the current example needs added verbosity?
13:34:17 <tcohen> well, the object type is not useless information
13:34:26 <kidclamp> https://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Coding_Guidelines#PERL13:_POD
13:34:28 <kidclamp> wrong link
13:34:31 <Joubu> tcohen: nope, I don't think we have any
13:34:50 <marcelr> functions or methods?
13:35:13 <Joubu> any good examples
13:35:25 <tcohen> [off] khall noticed the meeting and ducked out
13:35:26 <jajm> the return type might be useful (hash, list, Koha::*)
13:36:13 <marcelr> distinction between class methods and instance methods ?
13:36:16 <Joubu> return: Koha::Overdues object
13:36:24 <Joubu> yes we could, but still think it's too verbose
13:36:30 <Joubu> it's implicit in the name of the method
13:37:53 <cait> def return type
13:37:54 <cait> please
13:38:02 <tcohen> #actions Tomas will look for a well formed and useful set of examples to vote on next meeting
13:38:03 <cait> I always find it helpful if the documentation is clear about these things
13:38:13 <marcelr> not too much duplicated info in the pod that will be outdated after a few years because it wasnt updated?
13:38:38 <marcelr> very often the params donot match
13:38:54 <marcelr> just three lines lower..
13:39:03 <tcohen> now we are moving to Koha::Object(s) that are passed around, things will be simpler
13:40:36 <tcohen> #koha: I volunteered to look for good sample PODs to be used as templates so we vote on that next meeting. Right now we need to either vote or accept unanimously the changes Nick proposed
13:41:00 <tcohen> does anyone disagrees with the proposed changes?
13:41:06 <ashimema> nope
13:41:09 <kidclamp> not me
13:41:12 <marcelr> vote now
13:41:51 <cait> or just do #agreed :)
13:42:02 <tcohen> #startvote Should we add "When updating a module you are required to add POD for added and changed subroutines or ensure existing POD is accurate, it is encouraged to add POD to all subroutines as possible" to the coding guidelines? (yes,no)
13:42:02 <huginn> Begin voting on:  Should we add "When updating a module you are required to add POD for added and changed subroutines or ensure existing POD is accurate, it is encouraged to add POD to all subroutines as possible" to the coding guidelines? Valid vote options are , yes, no, .
13:42:02 <huginn> Vote using '#vote OPTION'. Only your last vote counts.
13:42:16 <tcohen> #vote yes
13:42:17 <kidclamp> #vote yes
13:42:19 <oleonard> #vote yes
13:42:21 <ashimema> #vote yes
13:42:28 <jajm> #vote yes
13:42:28 <cait> #vote yes
13:42:30 <Joubu> #vote no
13:42:38 <Joubu> would have prefered the pod at the end
13:42:39 <tcohen> :-P
13:42:44 <marcelr> #vote yes
13:42:51 <kidclamp> Joubu++
13:42:58 <rsantellan> #vote yes
13:43:07 <tcohen> anyone else?
13:43:35 <tcohen> #endvote
13:43:35 <huginn> Voted on " Should we add "When updating a module you are required to add POD for added and changed subroutines or ensure existing POD is accurate, it is encouraged to add POD to all subroutines as possible" to the coding guidelines?" Results are
13:43:35 <huginn> yes (8): cait, oleonard, ashimema, jajm, marcelr, kidclamp, tcohen, rsantellan
13:43:35 <huginn> no (1): Joubu
13:43:44 <tcohen> sorry, Joubu
13:43:51 <ashimema> 'perl best practice' suggests after the __END__ block.. but I personally prefer inline ;)
13:43:51 <tcohen> khall: around?
13:43:56 <ashimema> but can see where Joubu is coming from
13:43:57 <Joubu> I can live with that :)
13:44:09 <Joubu> I am from Belgium man! :p
13:44:15 <ashimema> haha
13:44:33 <tcohen> ok, next topic then
13:45:52 <tcohen> #topic Plans for bug 17908
13:45:52 <huginn> 04Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=17908 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, m.de.rooy, ASSIGNED , Authority merge omnibus
13:46:02 <marcelr> ok, have been working on some older authority merge bugs
13:46:16 <marcelr> reorganizing them in a omnibus bug
13:46:25 <marcelr> a merge test has been pushed as well as the sub merge fixes on bug 17913; we are in "stage 3" now
13:46:25 <huginn> 04Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=17913 normal, P5 - low, ---, m.de.rooy, Pushed to Master , Merge three authority merge fixes
13:46:41 <khall> #info Kyle Hall, ByWater Solutions
13:46:42 <marcelr> but we need to some more, and would appreciate support on that
13:46:51 <magnuse> marcelr++
13:46:54 <marcelr> some more ideas:
13:47:00 <marcelr> auth_header should be autoincrement / remove the max(authid) logic
13:47:09 <marcelr> move zebra stuff outside of sub merge, use/extend CountUsage, add a GetBiblionumbers sub/method
13:47:18 <marcelr> restructure need_merge_authorities (perhaps rename it) : include old authno, old authtype and contents of old reporting field
13:47:31 <marcelr> distinction between migration tool and cron job
13:47:43 <marcelr> the table on 14769 should facilitate adjusting indicators when remerging authorities (via a script)
13:47:52 <marcelr> it is quite a lot actually
13:48:29 <marcelr> would be nice to keep some pace in that regard
13:48:32 <Joubu> sounds easy
13:48:33 <Joubu> :D
13:48:56 <marcelr> well thats easy qa too ;)
13:49:05 <barton|away> #info Barton Chittenden, BWS, Louisville KY USA.
13:49:27 <barton> I saw that I got volunteered ;-) ;-)
13:49:36 <marcelr> Joubu: solve one bug, find two new ones
13:49:48 <tcohen> #info Marcel has been working on resurrecting old authority merge patches, needs help and feedback
13:49:51 <Joubu> I think we need very good tests coverage for that change
13:50:18 <marcelr> i started with writing merge tests
13:50:25 <marcelr> and that helped i guess
13:50:39 <cait> marcelr++
13:50:53 <tcohen> marcelr: have you seen jcamins work on the authority de-duplication tool?
13:51:00 <marcelr> yeah
13:51:01 <Joubu> could we reuse bib merging code?
13:51:22 <marcelr> in a later stage probably yes
13:51:26 <tcohen> marcelr: I think there was good stuff in there
13:51:45 <marcelr> will come there one day..
13:53:19 <tcohen> marcelr++ # great work on old under-tested code
13:53:21 <tcohen> #topic Updates on bug 17196
13:53:21 <huginn> 04Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=17196 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, RESOLVED FIXED, Move marcxml out of the biblioitems table
13:54:09 <tcohen> Joubu: anything to say about it?
13:54:32 <Joubu> nope
13:54:41 <Joubu> I did not add it
13:54:56 <tcohen> I know, but anything would be your fault :-P
13:55:03 <marcelr> i did not too, but have a tiny remark
13:55:16 <Joubu> There is the patch to automgically convert the SQL
13:55:19 <Joubu> that will need testing
13:55:24 <barton> I just had a thought about changes to the wiki the marcxml queries...
13:55:29 <marcelr> had some weird problems with indexing until i restarted koha-indexer after upgrading
13:55:42 <tcohen> Joubu: #?
13:55:42 <wahanui> i think # is for root
13:56:09 <Joubu> bug 17898
13:56:09 <huginn> 04Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=17898 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Needs Signoff , Add a way to automatically convert SQL reports
13:56:10 <tcohen> marcelr: it makes sense :-D
13:56:25 <barton> the wiki itself is internally version controlled ... we could put a note at the top of the wiki pointing to the old version.
13:56:30 <tcohen> marcelr: that reminds me that we need to make the packages restart koha-common on upgrade
13:57:00 <marcelr> ok
13:57:25 <Joubu> marcelr: that should be fixed by 16733, right?
13:57:31 <Joubu> bug 1673
13:57:31 <huginn> 04Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=1673 blocker, P3, ---, gmcharlt, CLOSED FIXED, Error Fields Need Highlighted
13:57:35 <Joubu> bug 16733
13:57:35 <huginn> 04Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=16733 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, m.de.rooy, RESOLVED FIXED, More flexible paths in debian scripts (for dev installs)
13:57:36 <marcelr> no Joubu
13:57:52 <marcelr> not related to that bug
13:58:02 <tcohen> #info Now that removing marcxml from 'biblioitems' is pushed, it is urgent that people test bug 17898 so it can be pushed and tested A LOT before the release
13:58:42 <tcohen> koha-indexer launches rebuild_zebra.pl -d
13:59:30 <tcohen> from a fixed location
13:59:46 <tcohen> anything else?
13:59:47 <wahanui> somebody said anything else was just being crap
14:00:04 <tcohen> #topic REST api / Bug 17932
14:00:04 <huginn> 04Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=17932 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, tomascohen, Needs Signoff , Koha::Object should provide a TO_JSON method
14:00:45 <tcohen> I wanted to mention that I'm working on a couple new endpoints and I found that our API data types where incorrect
14:01:38 <tcohen> they are fixed by bug 17927 (which resurrects a porting of bug 17008's patches)
14:01:38 <huginn> 04Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=17927 normal, P5 - low, ---, tomascohen, Passed QA , REST API: /holds and /patrons attributes have wrong types
14:01:39 <huginn> 04Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=17008 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, lari.taskula, RESOLVED WONTFIX, REST API: Correct data types in Swagger
14:02:31 <tcohen> so I put together some ideas an wrote 17932
14:02:52 <tcohen> which basically adds a TO_JSON method that handles data types correctly
14:02:58 <cait> sorry, have to leave early
14:03:08 <LibraryClaire> me too
14:03:32 <tcohen> the main problem where integers and DBD::mysql which is explained on the first commit message
14:03:38 <tcohen> but also Boolean values
14:03:48 <tcohen> we have a situation with booleans
14:04:05 <tcohen> we store them on the DB as TINYINT(1)
14:04:27 <Joubu> Yes that's a known issue, that can contain only 2 values
14:04:28 <tcohen> but we also store other tinyint values which are not booleans
14:04:47 <tcohen> TINYINT(4)
14:04:59 <tcohen> you just grep -i tinyint on kohastructure.sql and you will notice
14:06:54 <tcohen> so, we cannot deduce from the code if something is a boolean
14:06:54 <tcohen> (i.e. lokking up on the schema)
14:07:09 <tcohen> because (1) is just a mask to tell the DB how do we want to have the 8-bit value sent
14:09:15 <tcohen> DBIC doesn't know about it
14:09:15 <tcohen> so, the subject I wanted to raise
14:09:15 <tcohen> is on the 'Fix /patrons endpoint' patch
14:11:08 * ashimema thinks we shouldn't be dbicdumping any more.. and booleans should be marked as booleans in dbic result classes
14:13:30 <ashimema> noone else still around?
14:13:51 <tcohen> I added a syntax for explicitly stating on the schema files that a field is a boolean value
14:13:51 <tcohen> basically, we need to add __PACKAGES__->add_columns( '+column_name' => { is_boolean => 1 } );
14:13:52 * oleonard is but is sitting this one out
14:13:53 <khall> I'm not opposed to the idea
14:13:54 <gmcharlt_> @quote random
14:13:54 <huginn> gmcharlt_: Quote #264: "<druthb> Grokking someone else's code is still trying to reverse-engineer someone else's brain." (added by wizzyrea at 11:50 PM, June 26, 2013)
14:13:55 <wahanui> i already had it that way, huginn.
14:13:55 <tcohen> a proper solution could involve moving all boolean values into (say) BIT column type
14:13:57 <tcohen> which is supported by Postgres as well
14:14:40 <ashimema> hmm
14:14:49 * druthb perks up, smiles, and returns to her hacking.
14:14:51 <ashimema> I hadn't considered that one
14:14:54 <tcohen> this is only useful for the TO_JSON function
14:14:54 <tcohen> and once we figure a better way, we just need to change the implementation on TO_JSON
14:15:00 <tcohen> I added bug 17992, to highlight the consequences of the change on our reference implementation
14:15:00 <huginn> 04Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=17992 minor, P5 - low, ---, tomascohen, Needs Signoff , REST api: Cities controller should not use ->unblessed
14:15:01 <tcohen> I encourage everyone interested on the REST api implementation to comment and/or tests those bugs
14:15:01 <tcohen> and also contact me so we can coordinate and maybe solve issues together
14:15:29 <Joubu> BIT sounds like what we should pick
14:15:36 <marcelr> the title does not really reveal this topic
14:15:49 <jajm> BIT can store more than true/false value
14:16:22 <Joubu> not BIT(1)
14:16:49 <tcohen> ashimema, I agree, but there's some work to be done so that becomes real
14:16:50 <jajm> ok
14:17:08 <tcohen> #info Tomas requests comments on bug 17932 and the way it handles booleans, until we figure a DB structure change to ease it
14:17:08 <huginn> 04Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=17932 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, tomascohen, Needs Signoff , Koha::Object should provide a TO_JSON method
14:18:01 <tcohen> #actions Tomas volunteers to write a patch to move boolean values into BIT
14:18:26 <kidclamp> tcoehn++
14:18:29 <kidclamp> tcohen++
14:18:40 <barton> tcoehn++
14:18:50 <josef_moravec_> restapi++
14:20:30 <tcohen> ok, i'm waiting for the flooding emails and comments about the REST api
14:20:30 <tcohen> the other part of the topic
14:20:30 <tcohen> was
14:21:23 <tcohen> do we have an indentation coding guildeline for JSON?
14:21:23 <tcohen> I added it lat minute and don't have DNS resolution right now to check myself
14:22:46 <ashimema> not that i can see
14:23:16 <ashimema> I would ++ some though ;)
14:23:21 * ashimema likes tidy code
14:24:54 * Joubu votes for 2 tabs + 3 spaces
14:25:22 <marcelr> the best discussion go about tabs and spaces :)
14:25:35 <tcohen1> am i online now?
14:25:43 <oleonard> Yes tcohen1
14:25:44 <marcelr> sure
14:25:50 <ashimema> we see you tcohen1
14:26:10 <tcohen1> ok, wifi is back, edge connection was really bad
14:26:15 <tcohen1> (nick tcohen
14:26:56 <tcohen1> ok, i cannot chair as tcohen1 I think
14:27:44 <khall> is an op around to kick tcohen?
14:27:54 <tcohen1> ?
14:27:56 <tcohen1> try
14:28:17 <khall> I'm not an op, magnuse?
14:28:53 <khall> thanks magnuse!
14:28:54 <magnuse> like that?
14:28:55 <wahanui> like that is hard to vote on. :)
14:29:01 <oleonard> Let that be a lesson to you tcohen
14:29:06 <khall> lol
14:29:25 <tcohen1> ok, we have JSON with 2 and 4 spaces
14:29:35 * tcohen unhides
14:29:54 <tcohen> any preference?
14:30:02 <tcohen> we should add it to our shipped .editorconfig file
14:30:44 <Joubu> :q
14:30:53 <khall> tcohen: couldn't hurt!
14:31:11 <tcohen> Joubu: i bet there's a vim plugin for editorconfig
14:31:33 <jajm> tcohen, there is
14:31:36 <khall> https://github.com/editorconfig/editorconfig-vim
14:32:22 <tcohen> the idea is that you can have your preferred indentation config globally, but the editor picks the right one for the Koha source
14:32:24 <tcohen> anyway
14:32:32 <tcohen> moving on I guesss
14:32:49 <tcohen> #topic Bug 17981
14:32:49 <huginn> 04Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=17981 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Needs Signoff , Add the ability to preview generated notice templates
14:33:20 <Joubu> Nothing to do, just checkout the remote branch and test
14:33:38 <Joubu> it's on top of a quite big tree of patches, non-pushed yet
14:33:40 * magnuse wanders off
14:33:54 <Joubu> Everything is explained in the commit message
14:33:57 * oleonard is working on a template follow-up for it
14:34:04 <tcohen> oleonard: great
14:34:11 <Joubu> and yes, oleonard is going to make it awesome :)
14:34:20 <tcohen> #info Owen is working on a followup for 17981
14:34:36 <khall> oleonard++
14:34:40 <tcohen> oleonard++
14:35:11 <tcohen> #topic Critical bug for 3.22.x: bug 17943
14:35:11 <huginn> 04Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=17943 critical, P2, ---, gmcharlt, NEW , "make test" failed when upgrading from koha-3.22.10 to 3-22.14 , also fresh installation of koha-3.22.14 made the same "make test" failing
14:35:12 <Joubu> I could also ask on the ML for some people to send me non-standard templates
14:35:25 <Joubu> to see if the conversion works as expected for complex templates
14:35:29 <Joubu> (that's all)
14:35:52 <Joubu> about 17943, I talked about it earlier
14:36:08 <jajm> i'll look at this bug asap
14:36:33 <tcohen> #info Julian is going to work on bug 17943 ASAP
14:36:53 <tcohen> #topic Security bugs to QA
14:37:07 <Joubu> there are some security bugs in the QA queue
14:37:16 <marcelr> will look at some on friday
14:37:27 <Joubu> maybe RM and RMaints should sync to push them altogether
14:37:30 <marcelr> if they are left
14:38:17 <tcohen> #info there are 6 security bugs on the QA queue, and one in NSO
14:38:40 <khall> barring unforseen events I'll be pushing those to master Friday morning if they are pqa
14:38:44 <tcohen> I haven't had any time to do QA besides a couple small things
14:38:58 <Joubu> https://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/buglist.cgi?bug_status=Needs%20Signoff&bug_status=Signed%20Off&bug_status=Passed%20QA&bug_status=Pushed%20for%20QA&bug_status=Failed%20QA&bug_status=Patch%20doesn%27t%20apply&list_id=188810&product=Koha%20security&query_format=advanced
14:39:07 <tcohen> khall: maybe coordinate with the rmaints about them
14:39:34 <marcelr> no bugs Joubu
14:39:51 <khall> @later tell cait we should coordinate on security bugs
14:39:51 <huginn> khall: The operation succeeded.
14:40:00 <Joubu> marcelr: that means you cannot see security bugs
14:40:03 <marcelr> ok, not logged in
14:40:11 <marcelr> other browser
14:40:24 <marcelr> that still works
14:40:37 <tcohen> khall: any comments on master/17.05?
14:41:19 <khall> tcohen: nothing too noteworthy. All the patches for merging our disparate payment functions into one are complete!
14:41:32 <tcohen> khall++
14:41:33 <khall> next on the docket for me is to bring back the account offsets table
14:41:53 <khall> https://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=14826
14:41:53 <huginn> 04Bug 14826: enhancement, P5 - low, ---, kyle.m.hall, Needs Signoff , Resurrect account offsets table
14:42:11 <khall> that's about it
14:42:18 <tcohen> alright
14:42:43 <tcohen> #info Patches merging payment functions are all on master now
14:42:58 <tcohen> moving on
14:43:13 <tcohen> #topic Updates from the QA team
14:43:29 * marcelr is curious
14:43:36 <tcohen> hehe
14:43:49 <marcelr> queue is growing
14:43:50 <Joubu> too many bugs in the QA queue
14:44:27 <marcelr> if we go over 100, maybe put on your fast qa hat
14:44:46 <Joubu> need QA pov on bug 17933
14:44:46 <huginn> 04Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=17933 major, P1 - high, ---, dpavlin, Signed Off , Internal software error when searching patron without birth date
14:45:50 <tcohen> the REST api bugs on the SO queue need to be refactored a bit
14:45:53 <Joubu> Does a QAer want to be dedicated to QAing "TT syntax for notices" patches?
14:45:57 <Joubu> 2 would be great
14:46:26 <marcelr> not especially :)
14:46:31 <khall> Joubu: I'd be happy to do that if you don't need me to contribute to the coding
14:46:50 <marcelr> but wont avoid them either
14:47:01 <Joubu> khall: I think a first glance on what I did would be much appreciated
14:47:09 <Joubu> khall: at least to know if I am in the right direction
14:47:13 <khall> Joubu: Can do!
14:47:28 <jajm> i see only 2 "TT" patches in the QA queue, am i missing somthing ?
14:47:31 <khall> just ping me with bug numbers as you have them ready
14:47:44 <Joubu> jajm: nope, only 2 are QAed, but lot in the NSO
14:48:23 <tcohen> I'm going to work on QAing bug 17255
14:48:24 <Joubu> khall: I think you can checkout the remote branch with everything in it, then squash everything. To get an overview
14:48:58 <khall> Joubu: good idea, can you post the url to that branch here for posterity?
14:48:59 <Joubu> tcohen: I'd like to get an eye on it before it's pushed
14:49:26 <Joubu> https://github.com/joubu/Koha/tree/bug_17981 contains everything
14:49:43 <tcohen> Joubu: np
14:50:14 <Joubu> tcohen: we should contact Sdjan about the authorship of his patches, kivilahtio did not provide follow-ups but new patches
14:50:33 <Joubu> and half of the changes are from the first patchset
14:51:18 <tcohen> good point, I'll try to contact kivilathio on that
14:51:53 <tcohen> ok, I think we can move on
14:52:14 <tcohen> #topic Set time of next meeting
14:52:28 <marcelr> 13utc is my favorite time
14:52:31 <tcohen> Proposals?
14:52:40 <tcohen> same for me
14:52:44 <kidclamp> I think we alternate though
14:52:49 <marcelr> ok
14:52:53 <tcohen> yeah
14:52:54 <kidclamp> or was the plan, so 20UTC would be next
14:53:12 <tcohen> if we keep two meetings a month
14:53:23 <tcohen> we can have on at 20 and one at 13
14:53:40 <Joubu> feb 8 20utc
14:54:03 <tcohen> and feb 22
14:54:08 <tcohen> 13 utc
14:54:21 <tcohen> ok?
14:54:30 <barton> sounds good to me.
14:54:32 <kidclamp> +1
14:54:37 <barton> +1
14:54:44 <marcelr> one at 13utc sounds ok
14:56:06 <tcohen> #info February meetings will be on Feb 8th (20UTC) and Feb 22nd (13UTC)
14:56:31 <tcohen> #koha apologies for the connection issues
14:56:42 <tcohen> thanks for attending the meeting
14:56:46 <tcohen> #endmeeting