21:05:45 <Joubu> #startmeeting Development IRC meeting 25 October 2017
21:05:45 <huginn`> Meeting started Wed Oct 25 21:05:45 2017 UTC.  The chair is Joubu. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
21:05:45 <huginn`> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #startvote.
21:05:45 <huginn`> The meeting name has been set to 'development_irc_meeting_25_october_2017'
21:05:55 <Joubu> #topic Introductions
21:05:55 <wahanui> #info wahanui, a bot that has become sentient
21:05:55 <kidclamp> beat me to it
21:06:01 <Joubu> do like the bot
21:06:06 <Joubu> #info Jonathan Druart
21:06:09 <greenjimll> #info Jon Knight, Loughborough University
21:06:10 <kidclamp> #info Nick Clemens, ByWater Solutions
21:06:39 <andreashm> #info Andreas Hedström Mace, Stockholm University Library
21:06:44 <wizzyrea> #info Liz Rea Catalyst IT
21:06:54 <Joubu> #link https://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Development_IRC_meeting_25_October_2017
21:07:29 <Joubu> #topic Announcements
21:07:37 <Joubu> anyone?
21:07:37 <wahanui> anyone is free to organize one at any time :-)
21:07:46 <Joubu> or to announce something
21:07:58 <cait> #info Katrin Fischer, BSZ, Germany
21:08:12 <cait> Joubu: roles for 18.05?
21:08:26 <Joubu> I sent an email to the list today
21:08:32 <cait> ah, didn't see yet
21:09:05 <Joubu> #topic Update from the Release Manager (17.11)
21:09:23 <Joubu> same as the last meeting, the feature freeze is coming soon
21:09:34 <Joubu> A tone of bugs are in the NQA queue
21:09:40 <wizzyrea> Catalyst (aleisha really) is looking at a proof of concept for Recalls in Koha
21:09:57 <wizzyrea> that was an announcement.
21:10:09 <kidclamp> bug 17509 wizzyrea
21:10:09 <huginn`> 04Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=17509 new feature, P5 - low, ---, rbit, Patch doesn't apply , Notify patrons to return items requested on hold by another person
21:10:12 <Joubu> I may pick some bugs and bypass the QA step
21:10:23 <wizzyrea> that's not really recalls.
21:10:26 <wizzyrea> it's part of it
21:10:28 <kidclamp> yeah, but is part
21:11:01 <wizzyrea> The feature we're thinking of is a bit more robust than that. :)
21:12:34 <Joubu> did you see my email about the 18.05 roles?
21:12:48 <kidclamp> i do not see it
21:13:03 <cait> not in the archive afaikt
21:13:23 <Joubu> awesome... resending it then
21:13:46 <Joubu> I do not have anything else to tell
21:13:51 <Joubu> #topic Updates from the Release Maintainers
21:14:08 <Joubu> cait, mtj ?
21:14:37 <cait> hm not much
21:14:58 <cait> #info 16.11.13 and 17.05.05 were releases - packages are timed with the releases now
21:15:15 <cait> and I only have one more release ahead :)
21:15:26 <Joubu> tag for 17.05.05 is missing, fridolin has been notified
21:15:36 <Joubu> #topic Updates from the QA team
21:15:46 <Joubu> kidclamp: ? :)
21:16:01 <kidclamp> just hitting what I can in the queue and hope everyone does too :-)
21:16:16 <kidclamp> make sure to have good commit messages (self)
21:16:39 <kidclamp> if someone could look at 18904 would be nice to have
21:16:40 <wizzyrea> test plans in your commit messages please and thank you
21:16:40 <cait> there is a lot of really cool stuff wiating for qa
21:16:42 <cait> keeping fingers crossed
21:16:48 <kidclamp> bug 18904
21:16:48 <huginn`> 04Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=18904 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, nick, Signed Off , Advanced editor - Rancor - Add authority support
21:17:09 <kidclamp> cait is right, there is lots of cool stuff
21:17:25 <kidclamp> that's all form me
21:17:40 <Joubu> #topic General development discussion (trends, ideas, ...)
21:18:00 <Joubu> I told last time: I wrote a script to update the meetings wiki pages
21:18:25 <Joubu> it update the current one, with the minutes and "next meeting" entry (parsing the minutes)
21:18:50 <Joubu> so it should be correctly formatted, something like "July 26, 14 UTC"
21:19:03 <kidclamp> does it create next meeting page? or we need to do that? next general meeting is not listed yet
21:19:04 <Joubu> or "26th July 14UTC" works too
21:19:09 <Joubu> just do not be too exotic
21:19:37 <Joubu> yes, it creates the next wiki page. There are 3 templates (general, dev, documentation)
21:20:01 <kidclamp> ah page exists, but not in list here https://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/IRC_Meetings
21:20:02 <Joubu> anyway, not important.
21:20:13 <kidclamp> Joubu++
21:20:16 <Joubu> https://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Next_General_IRC_meeting
21:20:24 <Joubu> this page will be updated as well, automatically
21:20:29 <Joubu> + the event in the koha agenda
21:20:58 <Joubu> Today I worked I the translation for the manual
21:21:13 <greenjimll> The Google Calendar is really useful - especially as it means I don't have to worry about timezone conversions for meetings.
21:21:20 <cait> Joubu++
21:21:23 <Joubu> rangi just merged the PR. It adds the po files for the different languages we had in 16.11
21:21:42 <Joubu> so it should be possible to generate the manual for ar, cs, fr, it, and few others
21:21:50 <Joubu> please tests
21:21:52 <Joubu> please test
21:22:11 <Joubu> I sent an email to Bernardo to know what I need to do to make it works with translate.k-c.org
21:22:19 <Joubu> and then it will be ready
21:22:40 <Joubu> questions? another discussion?
21:23:17 <cait> won't have time to test probably the next 2 weeks
21:23:23 <cait> so please, take a look!
21:23:36 <cait> a lot of people have asked about transations
21:23:41 <greenjimll> I assume you need to speak one of the languages to test it?
21:23:46 <Joubu> there are too many fuzzy strings I think, not sure they have been marked as it
21:24:00 <Joubu> not sure why* they
21:24:41 <Joubu> I think I will send an email to the list, Zeno will be interested
21:24:56 <Joubu> nothing else?
21:24:56 <wahanui> i guess nothing else is priority
21:25:13 <Joubu> #topic Set time of next meeting
21:25:37 <Joubu> November 8, 14 UTC?
21:26:08 <Joubu> or 13? DST soon right?
21:26:13 <Joubu> #info Next meeting: November 8, 14 UTC
21:26:37 <Joubu> #endmeeting