21:02:25 <kidclamp> #startmeeting Development IRC meeting 27 September 2017
21:02:25 <huginn`> Meeting started Wed Sep 27 21:02:25 2017 UTC.  The chair is kidclamp. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
21:02:25 <huginn`> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #startvote.
21:02:25 <huginn`> The meeting name has been set to 'development_irc_meeting_27_september_2017'
21:02:37 <kidclamp> #topic Introductions
21:02:37 <wahanui> #info wahanui, a bot that has become sentient
21:02:51 <kidclamp> #info Nick Clemens,ByWater Solutions
21:03:01 <tcohen> #info Tomas Cohen Arazi
21:03:23 <mveron> #info Marc VĂ©ron, Switzerland
21:04:34 <kidclamp> joubu cait marcelr khall fridolin
21:05:10 <kidclamp> bueller?
21:05:45 <kidclamp> tcohen, mveron  - should we push this if just us?
21:06:09 <mveron> I don't think so :-)
21:06:39 <kidclamp> I mean reschedule for next week and drum up more attendees
21:06:50 <tcohen> rangi?
21:06:50 <wahanui> I LIKE ALMONDS! HAVE SOME NUTS!
21:07:12 <tcohen> I think we should re-schedule, but this doesn't look good to me :-D
21:07:25 <mveron> Let's wait some minutes and then re-schedule...
21:07:32 <tcohen> I'd say same day same time next week if no one shows up
21:07:43 <tcohen> agreed
21:07:43 <kidclamp> kk - lets give them til 21:15?
21:07:50 <mveron> +1
21:07:51 <tcohen> yup
21:07:52 <tcohen> +1
21:08:05 * kidclamp goes to youtube
21:09:17 <cait> #info Katrin Fischer, BSZ, Germany
21:09:34 <kidclamp> hi cait
21:09:42 <cait> ooops
21:11:00 <tcohen> hi cait
21:11:09 * mveron waves to cait
21:11:45 <tcohen> quorum?
21:11:46 <wahanui> i guess quorum is 4
21:11:50 <tcohen> alright
21:12:09 <cait> not sure next week would be better
21:12:19 <tcohen> cait: elaborate :-D
21:12:32 <greenjimll> #info Jon Knight, Loughborough Uni
21:12:39 <tcohen> hi Jon!
21:12:42 <cait> :)
21:12:43 <greenjimll> Hi!
21:12:49 <cait> maybe i am proven wrong
21:13:00 <tcohen> rangi, wizzyrea, dcook
21:13:15 <rangi> too busy at work sorry, and wizzyrea is on annual leave
21:13:57 <alexbuckley_> #info Alex Buckley, Wellington NZ
21:14:04 <tcohen> rangi: too bad, hope to have you around soon!
21:16:09 <alexbuckley_> Hi
21:16:29 <greenjimll> Hi!
21:16:41 <kidclamp> #topic Announcements
21:16:56 <kidclamp> Anyone have anything?
21:17:05 <greenjimll> Not from me.
21:17:10 <cait> Documentation IRC meeting tomorrow
21:17:25 <cait> #link https://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Documentation_IRC_meeting_28_September
21:17:43 <kidclamp> #info Documentation meeting tomorrow, 22UTC
21:18:40 <tcohen> There's a scheduled QA sprint next friday
21:18:56 <kidclamp> yup, on agenda
21:18:57 <tcohen> people could join and make it a GBSD
21:19:00 <tcohen> ah, sorry
21:19:02 <tcohen> agenda?
21:19:03 <wahanui> i guess agenda is a wiki
21:19:04 <kidclamp> also on agenda :-)
21:19:10 <kidclamp> #topic Update from the Release manager (17.11)
21:19:28 <kidclamp> Joubu isn't here but read 'what's on'
21:19:59 <kidclamp> #link https://koha-community.org/whats-on-in-koha-devel-15/
21:20:06 <kidclamp> tcohen can you talk jenkins?
21:20:12 <tcohen> ok
21:20:37 <tcohen> The Mojolicious version change and new deps for the REST api
21:20:48 <tcohen> made our jenkins setup unsustainable
21:21:00 <tcohen> in order to avoid breaking the testing env for stable branches
21:21:15 <tcohen> the infrastructure has been dockerized
21:21:27 <tcohen> this means the tests run on a docker container
21:21:42 <tcohen> which is quite similar to what happens in kohadevbox
21:21:59 <kidclamp> #info jenkins got borked, joubu and tcohen dockerized it and made it more awesome, you should thank them
21:22:02 <tcohen> we went even further, and created dockerized images tasks for the stable branches
21:22:17 <cait> tcohen++ Joubu++
21:22:19 <greenjimll> Thank you! :-)
21:22:26 <tcohen> so everything is running in docker and while there are some issues
21:22:33 <tcohen> we've learned quite a lot
21:22:40 <kidclamp> tcohen++
21:22:41 <tcohen> and things look great right now
21:22:43 <kidclamp> joubu++
21:22:50 <mveron> tcohen++ Joubu++
21:23:05 <kidclamp> #link https://lists.katipo.co.nz/pipermail/koha/2017-September/049092.html Release date published
21:23:14 <tcohen> done
21:23:25 <kidclamp> thank you
21:23:46 <tcohen> ah
21:23:51 <kidclamp> #info SO queue is growing and there are majors, please give attention
21:24:01 <tcohen> #link https://github.com/tomascohen/koha-testing-docker
21:24:06 <cait> there are some cool things in signed off... hope qa will be able to qa on time :)
21:24:28 <kidclamp> #topic Updates from the Release Maintainers
21:24:36 <kidclamp> cait, the floor is yours
21:24:57 <cait> we are trying to refine the process a bit
21:25:04 <cait> being more coordinated :)
21:25:13 <cait> otherwise nothing new, releases will happen
21:26:10 <kidclamp> #info cait and maintainer are refining processes, distilling awesomeness, expect releases to keep happening
21:26:34 <kidclamp> #topic Updates from the QA team
21:27:00 <kidclamp> #info QA Sprint Day Friday, September 29
21:27:13 <kidclamp> All hands on deck to help out and test and move things along
21:27:20 <kidclamp> make sure to read your bug notifications
21:27:41 <kidclamp> set QA contact when reviewing bugs to prevent duplication
21:27:42 * mveron will be travelling, sorry
21:27:53 <tcohen> mveron: you can do it in advance :-D
21:27:59 <mveron> :-)
21:28:00 * kidclamp is at a training but will do his best
21:28:18 <kidclamp> Anyone else to add?
21:28:45 <greenjimll> Good to see the ILL stuff coming along.
21:29:51 <kidclamp> #info bug 7347 is of interest
21:29:51 <huginn`> 04Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=7347 normal, P5 - low, ---, gmcharlt, CLOSED FIXED, dontmerge preference description wrong
21:29:57 <kidclamp> #info bug 7317 is of interest
21:29:57 <huginn`> 04Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=7317 new feature, P5 - low, ---, alex.sassmannshausen, Signed Off , Add an Interlibrary Loan Module to Circulation and OPAC
21:30:00 <kidclamp> oops
21:30:05 <kidclamp> #topic General development discussion (trends, ideas, ...)
21:30:10 <alexbuckley_> In an article I've written for this months newsletter about a research project of automated regression testing tools, I asked developers to please test a whole bunch of selenium tests I have written to extend the Koha selenium test suite from just basic_workflow.t to testing most of the core Koha functionality I'd just like to re-iterate that it would be awesome if any of you can please test those, so I can make alterations (if
21:30:11 <alexbuckley_> necessary)and hopefully get them into Koha 17.11
21:30:24 <kidclamp> heh, sorry alex
21:31:06 <tcohen> alexbuckley: bug number?
21:31:06 <kidclamp> #info read the latest koha newletter for added selenium tests and see if we can get them moving
21:31:10 <tcohen> ah
21:31:11 <tcohen> ok
21:31:42 <tcohen> maybe it is time to integrate Selenium to kohadevbox
21:31:42 <kidclamp> who wants to volunteer to organize gbsd?
21:31:46 <cait> alexbuckley++
21:31:51 <tcohen> alexbuckley++
21:31:57 <kidclamp> alexbuckley++
21:32:12 <mveron> alexbuckley++
21:32:41 <alexbuckley_> bugs 18974, 19181, 19182, 19183, 19184, 19185, 19189, 19243, 19330, 19330 and more to come :)
21:32:52 <kidclamp> GBSD? volunteer someone who isn't here?:-D
21:33:03 <cait> we are probably going to do a documentation sprint too at some point
21:33:19 <tcohen> kidclamp: can u explain what it involves?
21:33:38 <cait> tcohen: making a wiki page, announcing it
21:33:46 <cait> running the gbsd account for th eday
21:33:49 <kidclamp> sending emails, wiki page, tweeting if you want to be realy excited
21:33:53 <cait> being around :)
21:34:00 <kidclamp> banging the koha drum
21:34:23 <mveron> playing Koha Piano Concerto No. 1  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1jAOMfyY2Q
21:34:24 <kidclamp> usually good to poke the sandbox providers as well
21:34:56 <tcohen> I'll be around to help anyone organizing
21:35:01 <kidclamp> eating the koha dog food? https://jet.com/product/detail/525506c48b7c421c87d543871eb43944?jcmp=pla:ggl:nj_cons_gen_pet_supplies_a2:pet_supplies_dog_supplies_dog_food_a2:na:PLA_751164444_37510663857_pla-326056159867:na:na:na:2&code=PLA15&pid=kenshoo_int&c=751164444&is_retargeting=true&clickid=79bb301a-0487-44c1-81f2-317b248bbcf8
21:35:23 <cait> playing the koha ice hockey?
21:36:31 <kidclamp> presumably we want itsoon? so qa can catch up?
21:37:09 <kidclamp> maybe Oct 11 or that week?
21:37:43 <kidclamp> #info kidclamp will send an email to lists to start organizing GBSD in october
21:38:04 <kidclamp> #topic Review of coding guidelines
21:38:16 <greenjimll> I'm happy to do any tweeting required.
21:38:51 <kidclamp> To add to Commit messages:
21:38:51 <kidclamp> Commit messages must start with "Bug XXXXX: "
21:38:51 <kidclamp> Commit messages must be a short explanation of what the patch does (not what the bug is)
21:38:51 <kidclamp> follow-up patches could start with "Bug XXXXX: (follow-up)" or "Bug XXXXX: (QA follow-up)" (if written by QA team)
21:38:53 <kidclamp> follow-up patches must be squashed if not signed-off yet, and the history is not needed
21:38:55 <kidclamp> Commit messages must not refer to bug tracker comment numbers
21:38:57 <kidclamp> bug report title must be a short explanation of what the bug is
21:39:29 <kidclamp> thanks greenjimll
21:39:52 <kidclamp> Jonathan proposed standardizing commit messages as pasted in above
21:40:02 <kidclamp> any comments or would people like to vote?
21:40:07 <cait> just want to remind that these changes will only affect git
21:40:16 <cait> for nice release notes, titles in bugzilla have to be nice
21:40:33 <greenjimll> Why does the commit message need to start with "Bug XXXX"?
21:40:43 <cait> so that the tools pick them up right
21:40:54 <cait> git bz, release notes tool etc
21:41:03 <kidclamp> makes git log nice too, so you know where to find info
21:41:03 <tcohen> it starts with the bug number, greenjimll
21:41:39 <greenjimll> OK
21:42:14 <kidclamp> gonna call for vote
21:42:47 <tcohen> lets vote!
21:42:57 <kidclamp> #startvote Should we adopt the commit message guidelines as outlined in the agenda?
21:42:57 <huginn`> Begin voting on: Should we adopt the commit message guidelines as outlined in the agenda? Valid vote options are Yes, No.
21:42:57 <huginn`> Vote using '#vote OPTION'. Only your last vote counts.
21:43:03 <kidclamp> #vote YES
21:43:08 <tcohen> #vote Ye
21:43:13 <tcohen> #vote Yes
21:43:14 <greenjimll> #vote Yes
21:43:25 <mveron> #vote Yes
21:43:28 <tcohen> too late thd, you cannot vote :-P
21:43:48 <kidclamp> tcohen is not chair, ignore him
21:43:53 <cait> #vote abstain
21:43:53 <tcohen> hahaha
21:43:54 <kidclamp> :-b
21:45:07 <thd> #info Thomas Dukleth, Agogme, New York City - [babysitting and mostly missing the meeting]
21:45:58 <kidclamp> #endvote
21:45:58 <huginn`> Voted on "Should we adopt the commit message guidelines as outlined in the agenda?" Results are
21:46:27 <kidclamp> i broke huginn
21:46:35 <greenjimll> This is like waiting for Eurovision results.
21:46:52 <kidclamp> #info results are 3 yes, 1 abstain
21:47:11 <cait> i count 4 yes i tihnk :)
21:47:24 <cait> kidclamp: tcohen greenjimll mveron
21:47:27 <kidclamp> #info results are 4 yes, 1 abstain
21:47:38 <greenjimll> We broke kidclamp too. ;-)
21:47:41 * kidclamp didn't count kidclamp
21:48:00 <kidclamp> #topic Set time of next meeting
21:48:08 <kidclamp> not hard to do greenjimll
21:49:04 <kidclamp> two weeks is Oct 11 - 14utc
21:49:05 <tcohen> can we do it in 3 weeks?
21:49:12 <kidclamp> works for me
21:49:13 <tcohen> ah, better 2 weeks
21:49:24 <tcohen> I was trying to remember when the release is
21:50:24 <greenjimll> When is GBSD? Is that on Oct 11th too?
21:50:38 <kidclamp> could be
21:50:53 <kidclamp> no harm in having on same day (may get us more attendees) :-)
21:51:08 <kidclamp> meetings are always weds - gbsd canbe any day
21:51:08 * mveron agrees
21:51:16 <cait> make it a gbsd attraction
21:51:27 <kidclamp> sounds good to me
21:51:30 <greenjimll> May as well have them on the same day - promote both at the same time.
21:51:37 <aleisha_> hey all
21:51:38 <kidclamp> #info Next meeting: 11 October 2017, 14 UTC
21:51:41 <kidclamp> hi aleisha_
21:52:19 <aleisha_> oops did i just jump in on a meeting
21:52:32 <kidclamp> just barely :-)
21:52:44 <kidclamp> last call before i close it :-)
21:53:55 <kidclamp> #endmeeting