21:02:09 <Joubu> #startmeeting Development IRC meeting 29 November 2017
21:02:09 <huginn> Meeting started Wed Nov 29 21:02:09 2017 UTC.  The chair is Joubu. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
21:02:09 <huginn> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #startvote.
21:02:09 <huginn> The meeting name has been set to 'development_irc_meeting_29_november_2017'
21:02:10 <edveal> I will lurk
21:02:14 <Joubu> #topic Introductions
21:02:15 <wahanui> #info wahanui, a bot that has become sentient
21:02:25 <Joubu> #info Jonathan Druart
21:02:29 <greenjimll> #info Jon Knight, Loughborough University
21:02:46 <edveal> #info Ed Veal, McKinney Public
21:03:26 <wizzyrea> #info Liz Rea, Catalyst NZ
21:03:57 <Joubu> #link https://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Development_IRC_meeting_29_November_2017
21:04:02 <Joubu> there is no agenda basically
21:04:07 <Joubu> #topic Announcements
21:04:09 <cait> meeting?
21:04:09 <wahanui> i think meeting is in two days, i thought was tomorrow. plenty of time then
21:04:10 <Joubu> Anyone have something?
21:04:13 <cait> #info Katrin Fischer, BSZ, Germany
21:04:17 <cait> sorry, just got home from a trip
21:04:20 <Joubu> cait: just in time :)
21:04:32 <rangi> #info Chris Cormack, Catalyst
21:04:53 <Joubu> #topic Update from the Release Manager (18.05)
21:05:14 <Joubu> #info Koha 17.11 has been released on November 28th
21:05:29 <wizzyrea> confetti
21:05:29 <wahanui> o/ '`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`
21:05:35 <Joubu> #info 17.12 cycle is going to start quite soon
21:05:37 <wizzyrea> more confetti
21:05:38 <wahanui> o/ '`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'
21:05:46 <cait> Joubu++!
21:05:52 <wizzyrea> joubu++
21:06:04 <greenjimll> 17.12?
21:06:21 <Joubu> See the proposal to know what is coming next https://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Proposal_for_RM_18.05_joubu
21:06:30 <cait> the big push?
21:06:31 <cait> :)
21:06:34 <Joubu> 17.12 is dev cycle and will become 18.05 when released
21:06:35 <rangi> we number it 17.12 until the release when it becomes 18.05 greenjimll
21:06:39 <wizzyrea> until it gets to 18.05, it's development version 17.12
21:06:45 <wizzyrea> ^.^
21:06:46 <greenjimll> Ah right.
21:06:55 <Joubu> guess you understood :)
21:07:19 <wizzyrea> can I just say I highly approve of this new numbering system.
21:07:27 <Joubu> I have nothing much to add to the proposal, I will certainly work a lot with Nick as he will be RMaints and RM assistant
21:07:28 <wizzyrea> it's good. Nice work everybody.
21:07:40 <Joubu> cait is back as QAM
21:07:59 <Joubu> 18.05 is promising :)
21:08:06 <cait> heh
21:08:13 <cait> I put some things i want to do in my proposal
21:08:36 <cait> I will try to get some things started the next few days
21:09:01 <Joubu> I communicated with Bernardo about the translations (manual), but not sure it has been done correctly
21:09:42 <Joubu> I think he did not retrieve the po files I updated to match the "new format"
21:09:59 <rangi> hmm yeah
21:10:28 <Joubu> so the new version of the manual is not ready to be translated yet, but should be soon (hopefully)
21:10:36 <Joubu> #topic Updates from the Release Maintainers
21:10:45 <cait> i have started a wiki page for the manual translators
21:11:09 <Joubu> rmaints is kidclamp (17.11), fridolin (17.05), rangi (16.11)
21:11:10 <Joubu> rmaints?
21:11:11 <wahanui> well, rmaints is kidclamp (17.11), fridolin (17.05), rangi (16.11)
21:11:16 <Joubu> great :D
21:11:20 <cait> #link https://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Translating_the_Koha_Manual
21:11:29 <Joubu> #topic Updates from the Release Maintainers
21:12:00 <Joubu> sorry cait
21:12:18 <Joubu> no, the point is that I updated the po files to remove all the weird stuffs from the old manual
21:12:46 <Joubu> ok
21:12:50 <Joubu> (I am tired)
21:12:57 <Joubu> the example is correct indeed
21:13:10 <cait> phew
21:13:33 <cait> I've updated the release maintenance page a bit
21:13:57 <cait> https://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Release_maintenance
21:14:15 <cait> and will send an email to rangi with bugs I was still hoping for a rebase or reply :)
21:14:22 <Joubu> yes, we may need to update RMaints with the new workflows we put in place during the last release
21:15:18 <Joubu> And I need to share some of the stuffs I wrote that could be useful for RMaints as well (pre-push git hook for instance)
21:15:21 <cait> and pleaaaase do string freezes
21:15:40 <Joubu> #info RMaints please do string freezes!
21:16:07 <cait> thx :)
21:17:00 <Joubu> cait: could you sent an email to RMaints with the link to the wiki + highligh the small changes we did + STRING FREEZE! ?
21:17:08 <Joubu> (and cc me)
21:17:17 <cait> i can do that
21:17:22 <cait> and also the link to the update po files form
21:17:28 <cait> i didn't put it on the wiki to not make spammers find it
21:18:02 <Joubu> thx
21:18:07 <cait> rangi: keys should be sent to you?
21:18:24 <cait> well i guess you only need kidclamp's
21:18:27 <cait> :)
21:18:30 <Joubu> he sent it
21:18:33 <Joubu> already
21:18:40 <Joubu> #topic Updates from the QA team
21:18:54 <cait> no update from me yet :)
21:19:00 <cait> have to catch up with things first, someone else here?
21:19:25 <Joubu> QA team is quite small, but we have 2 new guys, alex_a and josef_moravec
21:19:29 <rangi> yep i have them
21:20:07 <Joubu> #info QA team is quite small, but we have 2 new guys, alex_a and josef_moravec
21:20:08 <Joubu> #topic General development discussion (trends, ideas, ...)
21:20:13 <Joubu> something?
21:20:14 <wahanui> something is sketchy
21:20:17 <greenjimll> Would people be adverse to me nudging some of the old bugs in Bugzilla to see if they are still needed/wanted/workable on? As part of "bug wrangling"?
21:20:57 <wizzyrea> that's a great thing to do.
21:21:12 <greenjimll> For example I've been looking at old REOPENED cases recently.
21:21:15 <cait> it might be good to always add some info or a question, to trigger things
21:21:18 <cait> not just a ping :)
21:21:35 <cait> greenjimll++
21:21:48 <greenjimll> Yes, good point. In some cases I might be able to even slip a patch in. :-)
21:21:53 <Joubu> yes definitely useful
21:22:08 <greenjimll> OK, consider them ripe for wrangling. :-)
21:22:12 <Joubu> and group them, mark as duplicate, etc.
21:23:18 <Joubu> We have 2 days of hackfest in Buenos Aires (tomorrow and Friday)
21:23:36 <Joubu> Around 15 people will attend, mostly librarians
21:23:46 <rangi> cool!
21:24:16 <cait> awesome :)
21:24:34 <cait> is ther esomething specific you want to work on?
21:25:01 <cait> mark Academy bugs?
21:25:09 <rangi> that would be great
21:25:30 <rangi> aleisha is looking after the students next academy, in late january
21:25:32 <Joubu> I will present the 9 new features of 17.11 (shortly) and then we certainly present how to signoff patches
21:25:33 <Joubu> (I have no idea what we are going to do actually!)
21:25:33 <Joubu> we=tcohen and me
21:25:33 <Joubu> of course all of that is just an excuse to share some beers
21:25:44 <Joubu> yes please!
21:26:21 <rangi> :)
21:26:30 <Joubu> #topic Set time of next meeting
21:27:38 <Joubu> 13 December 2017, 13 UTC?
21:27:44 <Joubu> 14?
21:27:45 <wahanui> 14 is fine by me
21:27:54 <rangi> i wont be there but fine by me :)
21:28:10 <cait> i tihnk it's ok for me
21:28:11 <greenjimll> 14th December or 14:00UTC?
21:28:21 <Joubu> 14UTC
21:28:28 <greenjimll> Fine for me.
21:28:55 <Joubu> #info Next meeting: 13 December 2017, 14 UTC
21:29:01 <Joubu> #endmeeting