21:01:04 <kidclamp> #startmeeting General IRC meeting 5 July 2017
21:01:04 <huginn> Meeting started Wed Jul  5 21:01:04 2017 UTC.  The chair is kidclamp. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
21:01:04 <huginn> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #startvote.
21:01:04 <huginn> The meeting name has been set to 'general_irc_meeting_5_july_2017'
21:01:10 <kidclamp> #topic Introductions
21:01:11 <wahanui> #info wahanui, a bot that has become sentient
21:01:22 <kidclamp> #info Nick Clemens, ByWater Solutions
21:01:27 <Joubu> #info Jonathan Druart
21:01:50 <kidclamp> I need to leave in about 40 minutes, so be quikc or someone can take chair at that time :-D
21:02:02 <MichaelKuhn> #info Michael Kuhn, Switzerland
21:02:35 <Manny> #info Manny Tamayao, Philippines
21:04:29 <kidclamp> any NZers?
21:05:34 <kidclamp> seems to be a light meeting, not a lot on agenda, do we want to continue?
21:05:55 <thd> Is anyone here awake enough to conduct a meeting?
21:06:52 <kidclamp> Let's start and just go quick :-) since I see kohacon folks and they can report :-)
21:07:06 <kidclamp> #topic Announcements
21:07:09 <Manny> Yes:)
21:07:26 <kidclamp> anyone?
21:07:26 <wahanui> Anyone? Anyone? Bueller? Bueller?
21:07:29 <thd> kidclamp: You forgot
21:07:32 <Joubu> Nothing from me, just back from holidays. I am processing my emails
21:07:38 <thd> kidclamp: startmeeting
21:07:53 <kidclamp> I got it at 17:01
21:08:20 <thd> I see :)
21:08:51 <kidclamp> I will just mention I have seen cait and LeeJ talking manual and wiki updates so things seem to be going well there
21:08:53 <kidclamp> cait++
21:08:56 <kidclamp> LeeJ++
21:08:59 <thd> #info Thomas Dukleth, Agogme, New York City
21:09:08 <kidclamp> everyoneelseinvolvedbutIambadatremembering++
21:09:12 * LeeJ just noticed there was a meeting
21:10:07 <kidclamp> #topic Update on releases
21:10:51 <kidclamp> 16.11.09 and 17.05.01 were both released, upcoming on track afaik
21:11:00 <kidclamp> Joubu: anything to mention?
21:11:10 <Joubu> nope
21:11:21 <kidclamp> #topic KohaCon
21:11:35 <kidclamp> Manny, the floor is yours :-)
21:11:55 <Manny> We wiuld like to thank you guys
21:12:04 <rangi> #info Chris Cormack (sorta here)
21:12:26 <Manny> We have at least 180+ participants for the KohaCon and hackfest
21:12:41 <LeeJ> #info Lee Jamison, Marywood University
21:13:28 <kidclamp> #info KohaCon 2017 had 180+ participants!
21:13:33 <Manny> Most of the presentations are now in internet archive
21:13:37 <kidclamp> link?
21:13:38 <wahanui> link is both helpful/unhelpful
21:14:09 <kidclamp> link https://archive.org/search.php?query=kohacon%202017 KohaCon presentations
21:14:14 <kidclamp> #link https://archive.org/search.php?query=kohacon%202017 KohaCon presentations
21:14:21 <MichaelKuhn> Ihttps://aslpwiki.wikispaces.com/Forums%2C+Seminars%2C+Conferences+and+Other+Activities
21:14:32 <MichaelKuhn> sorry
21:14:35 <MichaelKuhn> https://aslpwiki.wikispaces.com/Forums%2C+Seminars%2C+Conferences+and+Other+Activities
21:15:01 <Manny> https://archive.org/details/@kohacon17
21:15:04 <kidclamp> #link https://aslpwiki.wikispaces.com/Forums%2C+Seminars%2C+Conferences+and+Other+Activities KohaCon2017
21:15:17 <kidclamp> #link https://archive.org/details/@kohacon17 KohaCon on Archive.org
21:15:43 <kidclamp> that ought to satisfy the masses :-)
21:15:54 <kidclamp> Manny++
21:16:12 <kidclamp> anything to highlight Manny?
21:16:23 <Manny> Though at tge hackfest most of tge sandboxes failes
21:16:58 <kidclamp> #info sandboxes were failing during hackfest - maintainers please take a look
21:17:31 <schnydszch> #info Eugene Espinoza Philippines
21:17:34 <Manny> schnydszch: do you want to add
21:17:48 <schnydszch> wait just woke up ;)
21:17:59 <thd> :)
21:18:12 <schnydszch> 191 was the exact number for the main conference and haekfest
21:19:04 <thd> Did the same number of people stay for both?
21:19:21 <schnydszch> Thd: nope
21:19:24 <Manny> Nope
21:19:39 <schnydszch> there were attendees for hackfest that did not attend the main conference
21:19:49 <kidclamp> #inf0 191 was exact total attendance for KohaCon2017 (conference and hackfest combined)
21:20:02 <schnydszch> and there were attendees for the main conference that did not attend the hackfest
21:20:30 <Manny> Another highlight was they become aware of the new features of Koha because most of them are using 2.2.9 version
21:21:04 <schnydszch> there were those who attended only the first day, some attended second to third only. thanks manny for that
21:21:10 <kidclamp> wowza! Paul had mentioned that I think, are lots of people planning to upgrade now?
21:21:23 <Manny> Hopefully
21:21:30 <kidclamp> #info many users were on older versions so the conference showed a lot of new features
21:21:45 <schnydszch> yes kidclamp, yes they're planning to upgrade as well as the national library
21:21:47 <schnydszch> https://archive.org/details/kohacon2017_03_Gallana
21:22:45 <schnydszch> https://archive.org/details/kohacon2017_04_Quiros
21:22:53 <rangi> heh the national librarian told me that in 2010, hopefully this time :)
21:23:20 <schnydszch> those presentations was able to tackle 2.2.9 versions during the Q&As, Paul poulain's presentation was able to mentioned new features in newer versions hence the interest: https://archive.org/details/kohacon2017_01_poulain_201707
21:23:31 <Manny> rangi: "their not in a hurry" :(
21:24:36 <schnydszch> @Rangi: we (together with Manny) hopefully can handle those who really want to go newer versions through OSLS and TA.
21:24:37 <huginn> schnydszch: I'll give you the answer as soon as RDA is ready
21:25:32 <schnydszch> huginn was that there reason?
21:25:33 <huginn> schnydszch: I've exhausted my database of quotes
21:25:49 <kidclamp> the '@' symbol confuses the bot
21:25:58 <kidclamp> so it responds as well as it can :-)
21:26:13 <rangi> we shouldnt have made 2.2.9 so solid :)
21:26:57 <Manny> :)
21:27:00 * LeeJ blames rangi for such a solid product being made
21:27:04 <schnydszch> kidclamp, confusion with fb haha
21:28:05 <kidclamp> anything else guys?
21:28:18 <Manny> None
21:28:50 <kidclamp> Alright, moving on unless anyone has anythign to add?  last chance!
21:29:05 <kidclamp> thanks Manny and schnydszch>
21:29:57 <kidclamp> #topic Next meeting
21:30:01 <Manny> kidclamp: welcome, and thank you for the opportunity. You missed the fun here :)
21:30:28 <kidclamp> indeed! hopefully we'll meet at a future Kohacon
21:31:19 <schnydszch> i basically thanked all the people here: http://koha.1045719.n5.nabble.com/Maraming-salamat-from-KohaCon2017-organizers-td5938518.html. So we've got pending uploads of some edited presentations to archive.org. I also would like to create a blog post of the event ala-Chris Cormack, Manny can also probably help me. That's all! Again, from the bottom of our hearts, Maraming maraming salamat!
21:31:19 <kidclamp> August 2nd, 2017 - 14 UTC
21:31:20 <kidclamp> ?
21:31:51 <kidclamp> #info Thanks to KohaCon 2017 organizers http://koha.1045719.n5.nabble.com/Maraming-salamat-from-KohaCon2017-organizers-td5938518.html
21:31:51 <schnydszch> sorry got cut off by my internet connection
21:31:57 <LeeJ> kidclamp: that seems reasonable
21:32:22 <kidclamp> going once
21:32:37 <kidclamp> going twice
21:32:52 <schnydszch> that's all kidclamp
21:32:53 <kidclamp> #info Next Meeting: 2017, August 02, 14 UTC
21:33:10 <kidclamp> #endmeeting