14:13:22 <Joubu> #startmeeting IRC meeting 2 August 2017
14:13:22 <huginn> Meeting started Wed Aug  2 14:13:22 2017 UTC.  The chair is Joubu. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
14:13:22 <huginn> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #startvote.
14:13:22 <huginn> The meeting name has been set to 'irc_meeting_2_august_2017'
14:13:32 <TGoat> :P
14:13:38 <oleonard> Oh hey a meeting?
14:13:45 <Joubu> #link https://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/General_IRC_meeting_2_August_2017
14:13:48 <TGoat> hey lookie there
14:13:49 <Joubu> #info Jonathan Druart
14:14:03 <oleonard> #info Owen Leonard, Athens County Public Libraries, USA
14:14:04 <TGoat> @info Todd Goatley
14:14:04 <huginn> TGoat: Error: The command "info" is available in the Factoids and RSS plugins.  Please specify the plugin whose command you wish to call by using its name as a command before "info".
14:14:05 <wahanui> i already had it that way, huginn.
14:14:10 <Joubu> (I guess it will be expeditive)
14:14:25 <TGoat> #info Todd Goatley
14:14:34 <thd> #info Thomas Dukleth, Agogme, New York City
14:14:44 <cc_> #info Colin Campbell, PTFS Europe
14:14:57 <TGoat> hey, I don't show up.. do I use my nickname
14:15:12 <TGoat> #info tgoat
14:15:24 <lisettelatah> #info Lisette Scheer, Latah County Library District, Moscow Idaho
14:15:33 <oleonard> You're good TGoat
14:15:42 <TGoat> thanks owen
14:15:49 <Joubu> #topic Announcement
14:16:01 <Joubu> something?
14:16:01 <wahanui> i think something is sketchy
14:16:26 <Joubu> I published the answers of the poll
14:16:29 <Joubu> #link https://koha-community.org/answers-of-the-poll-ready-to-help-the-koha-community/
14:17:26 <Joubu> #topic Update from the Release Manager (17.11)
14:17:49 <Joubu> I sent several emails to the list last week
14:17:50 <edveal> #info Ed Veal
14:18:12 <Joubu> #info Read the emails from the mailing lists
14:18:33 <Joubu> #info read email "Reminder: dev meetings are essential"
14:18:48 <Joubu> #info read email "Where is the BIG RED WARNING button?"
14:19:04 <oleonard> I am grateful that you are cracking the whip Joubu
14:19:07 <Joubu> This one will block the push of enhancement, as explained in the email
14:19:08 <edveal> Joubu the results of the survey were interesting
14:19:25 <Joubu> #info read email "Carrots or sticks"
14:19:30 <oleonard> Sometimes a good whip-crack is just what you need.
14:19:39 <Joubu> and the last one
14:19:39 <wahanui> somebody said the last one was the first one if you look backwards.
14:19:40 <TGoat> I haven't seen this survey in the past is this something new?
14:19:45 <Joubu> #info "[Important] Update your MySQL|MariaDB configuration to avoid data loss"
14:19:57 <Joubu> I do not know what I can tell more
14:20:48 <thd> I have contemplated replying about sticks and whips.
14:21:06 <Joubu> Any Rmaints around?
14:21:37 <Joubu> #topic Update from Release Maintainers
14:21:39 <thd> Joubu: I think you found carrots correctly, in your answer for your own carrots.
14:21:56 <Joubu> cait, mtj, jajm: around?
14:22:30 <jajm> Joubu, yes
14:22:53 <Joubu> awesome, something to add? #meetingtime
14:23:13 <jajm> ah, I'm not RMaint anymore, sorry :)
14:23:50 <Joubu> it is fridolin!
14:23:51 <Joubu> fridolin1: ?
14:24:17 <Joubu> #topic Update from QA team
14:24:24 <Joubu> QAers around?
14:24:53 <fridolin1> Joubu: all good, 17.05.02 was released
14:24:53 <jajm> i'm here, but i didn't really have time to do qa recently... :/
14:25:09 <Joubu> marcelr++
14:25:14 <Joubu> other_qaers--
14:25:19 <Joubu> basically
14:25:22 <marcelr> heh
14:25:31 <marcelr> meeting?
14:25:32 <wahanui> well, meeting is in two days, i thought was tomorrow. plenty of time then
14:25:33 <Joubu> #QA queue is stuck around ~100 bug reports
14:25:38 <Joubu> #info QA queue is stuck around ~100 bug reports
14:25:39 <marcelr> #info Marcel
14:25:59 <nuentoter> good morning koha world!
14:26:15 <TGoat> good morning
14:26:15 <wahanui> the only good morning is a dead one
14:26:26 <Joubu> marcelr: something to add for the QA team?
14:26:46 <marcelr> no sorry only the usual status ;)
14:26:55 <Joubu> There is a "KohaCon" topic, but I guess it's an old one
14:27:14 <Joubu> #topic Discuss the need and potential of reinstating Koha Community Fundraising
14:27:18 <Joubu> TGoat: ?
14:27:21 <TGoat> here we go
14:27:42 <TGoat> Bag has reassigned me to work on fundraising
14:27:57 <edveal> TGoat ++
14:28:01 <TGoat> and I'd like to get the Koha fundraising reinstated
14:28:29 <cait> oh oops
14:28:57 <TGoat> this is from 2016 when they were getting the writeups and forming the committee: https://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Fundraising#Fundraising_Committee
14:30:08 <TGoat> I'm not sure exactly how to approach this but I know that I'll receive plenty of guidance from bag and I cna query the Koha channel leads
14:31:13 <Joubu> #info TGoat is going to work on fundraising
14:31:16 <Joubu> more info?
14:31:34 <cait> I think it came to a stop with changes happening at hlt
14:31:37 <TGoat> wish I had more Joubu but I needed to request reinstatement first
14:31:38 <cait> i am not srue waht the current status is there
14:31:50 <cait> someone looking into that woudl be good :)
14:32:17 <cait> and suggesting a way forward
14:32:20 <TGoat> that's part of my request cait
14:33:10 <TGoat> bag has assigned me to fundraising here at BWS to work with the community to get this rolling again
14:33:31 <thd> cait: How did HLT changes have an effect on such a practically if not formally independent committee.
14:33:38 <thd> ?
14:33:58 <TGoat> when HLT disbanned that came to a stop
14:34:15 <TGoat> and left in the breeze
14:34:42 <cait> thd: the plan was to have the funds managed at hlt i think
14:34:42 <TGoat> we need to begin again and find a way forward as cait stated
14:34:47 <cait> so the plan has to change possibly
14:35:26 <cait> it looks like the links to the mou from the wiki are broken
14:35:35 <thd> Yes, of course, there needs to be a home for the funds.
14:35:35 <TGoat> I agree cait that we need to change and adapt the plan to current
14:35:45 <cait> anyway, should we vote? but i think noone is against starting discussion again
14:36:13 <TGoat> can I ask is there an actually established home for KOha. I know that it started in NZ but with HLT where does it reside now?
14:36:26 <TGoat> in the ether?
14:36:32 <cait> I think maybe get in touch with rangi or jransom
14:36:37 <cait> about how the domains etc are handled
14:36:50 <TGoat> yes, good suggestion cait
14:37:15 <TGoat> anyone know where jransom is currently?
14:37:34 <cait> she has a new job in wellington i think
14:37:42 <thd> The legal situation is much broader than merely the issue of funding.
14:38:02 <TGoat> can we vote to begin researching to reinstate fundraising?
14:38:19 <TGoat> is this something that everyone finds as a necessity?
14:38:37 <marcelr> why would anyone oppose ?
14:38:38 <cait> +1
14:38:47 <edveal> +1
14:38:50 <TGoat> right
14:38:51 <cait> yep, see no problem
14:38:53 <oleonard> +1
14:38:54 <TGoat> +1
14:39:00 <cc_> +1
14:39:01 <thd> Should we not expand the question to a legal home for Koha assets?
14:39:04 <thd> +1
14:39:09 <cait> if it was about spending funds things would get complicated :P
14:39:12 <TGoat> thd yes!
14:39:29 <TGoat> that should be a piece of this pie so we cna figure out to establish accounts etc
14:39:40 <thd> I mean other than merely money.
14:39:53 <TGoat> yes again
14:39:59 <TGoat> any suggestions?
14:39:59 <wahanui> any suggestions are welcome.
14:40:21 <TGoat> is the best place to start with jransom?
14:41:06 <TGoat> I'll do the leg work if y'all offer me your suggestions
14:41:29 <oleonard> I think the best place to start is with jransom
14:41:41 <TGoat> if you think of something during the day you can email me as well at todd.goatley@bywatersolutions.com
14:42:01 <TGoat> oleonard I'll get in touch with her
14:42:26 <TGoat> I'll also be travelling to NZ this winter with a few days spent with family ion the north island
14:42:46 <TGoat> does anyone know if she is in the south or north island
14:42:50 <oleonard> Lucky bastard
14:43:03 <TGoat> not so much.. it's a family vacation :P
14:43:06 <TGoat> with kids
14:43:11 <edveal> LOL
14:43:14 <oleonard> :D
14:43:16 <edveal> dues will be paid.
14:43:25 <TGoat> they are even as we speak
14:43:52 <TGoat> oleonard then I'll reach jransom and see what path that takes me down and how to get things started
14:44:23 <TGoat> cait, Joubu does that sound like a god start?
14:44:26 <TGoat> good
14:44:42 <Joubu> I guess so
14:44:43 <TGoat> say you wahanui ?
14:44:52 <TGoat> thd?
14:44:53 <wahanui> well, thd is concerned that CCL, Pazpar2, and Zebra support should not be an either that or Solr/Lucene option.  We need CCL and Pazpar2 for metasearch and we currently need Zebra for a Z39.50/SRU server. or concerned that indentation styles which do not collapse in vim lead to overly long lines which cannot always be broken across multiple lines.
14:45:38 <thd> :)
14:45:38 <Joubu> moving on?
14:45:44 <TGoat> OK
14:45:48 <Joubu> #topic Set time of next meeting
14:46:22 <Joubu> September 6th, 21 UTC?
14:46:41 <TGoat> sounds good
14:47:07 <Joubu> 22? 14? 21?
14:47:26 <thd> Is it 21 or 22 for best NZ turnout?
14:47:48 <thd> #me tries to check quickly
14:48:13 <Joubu> it was 21 before DST, now I think it's 22
14:48:45 <thd> Yes, if I recall correctly.
14:49:24 <Joubu> #info Next meeting: September 2, 22 UTC
14:49:27 <Joubu> #endmeeting