20:04:57 <kidclamp> #startmeeting Development IRC meeting 23 May 2018
20:04:57 <huginn> Meeting started Wed May 23 20:04:57 2018 UTC.  The chair is kidclamp. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
20:04:57 <huginn> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #startvote.
20:04:57 <huginn> The meeting name has been set to 'development_irc_meeting_23_may_2018'
20:05:03 <kidclamp> #topic INtroductions
20:05:03 <wahanui> #info wahanui, a bot that has become sentient
20:05:13 <greenjimll> #info Jon Knight, Loughborough University
20:05:14 <kidclamp> #info Nick Clemens, ByWater Solutions
20:05:29 <bag> #info Brendan Gallagher, ByWater
20:05:33 <LeeJ> #info Lee Jamison, Marywood University
20:06:13 <cait> #info Katrin Fischer, BSZ, Germany
20:06:14 <bag> is this kidclamp_Awya east coast language?
20:06:35 <kidclamp> aw yeah boi!
20:06:49 <LeeJ> bag: hey now..no picking on east coasters :P
20:07:03 * bag is an east coaster :D
20:07:12 <kidclamp> #topic Announcements
20:07:22 <kidclamp> anybody?
20:07:22 <wahanui> The #koha IRC channel is populated by people from many timezones, sometimes even on weekends. However, if no one is here right now and you need help you should take a look at http://koha-community.org/support/
20:07:35 <kidclamp> wahanui: botsnack
20:07:35 <wahanui> thanks kidclamp :)
20:07:48 <LeeJ> documentation for 18.05 will be completed by the weekend :)
20:08:20 <kidclamp> #info documentation for 18.05 will be completed by the weekend :)
20:08:25 <greenjimll> I've been doing a spot of background bug wrangling by looking at "old" (> 5 year old) bugs
20:08:37 <kidclamp> greenjimll++
20:08:44 <LeeJ> greenjimll++
20:09:26 <greenjimll> Some of the old bugs are duplicates, some need nudging and others could probably be subsumed into more modern developments. A long term task!
20:09:29 <cait> LeeJ++
20:09:40 <cait> greenjimll++
20:09:42 <kidclamp> #info greenjimll (and a few others) have been cleanign up old bugs - thanks to all!
20:10:12 <kidclamp> #topic Update from the Release manager (18.05, 18.11)
20:10:13 <cait> I've been working on permission bugs
20:10:19 <cait> too late heh :)
20:10:27 <kidclamp> you gotta be quick!
20:10:31 <cait> go on :)
20:10:39 <kidclamp> heh, go ahead if more notes though
20:11:07 <kidclamp> No Joubu - he is awaiting stable releases with sec patches before release - they should be set tomorrow
20:11:12 <cait> not really :)
20:11:20 <LeeJ> Joubu++
20:11:24 <kidclamp> #info Release is awaiting stable releases
20:11:42 <kidclamp> #info Stable releases had an issue with a security patch, should be cleared now and releases coming shortly
20:12:21 <kidclamp> #info Future RM looks forward to making all your Koha dreams come true, let kidclamp know your concerns for this release if you have them
20:12:35 <kidclamp> I get to wear lots of hats today!
20:12:38 <LeeJ> kidclamp++
20:12:48 <kidclamp> #topic Updates from the QA team
20:12:52 <kidclamp> cait?
20:12:52 <wahanui> i heard cait was the best friend you could ever have.
20:13:03 <kidclamp> wanahanui: botsnack pizza!
20:13:13 <cait> ah oops
20:13:37 <cait> QA has been a little slow right before the release
20:13:40 <cait> but we will pick up again soon :)
20:14:07 <kidclamp> #info QA is gearing up to pass all the bugs, clean your queues now!
20:14:14 <cait> yesterday it was 70 in the queue, today is 83... so yep we will have to
20:14:29 <tcohen> #info Tomas Cohen Arazi, Theke Solutions
20:14:38 <cait> QA team is also 2 more members
20:14:38 <wahanui> okay, cait.
20:14:44 <cait> so I hope we can empty the queue out ;)
20:15:09 <greenjimll> cait: and then we'll fill it up with new patches. :-)
20:15:24 <cait> i'll call that a challenge :)
20:15:53 <kidclamp> #topic General development discussion (trends, ideas, ...)
20:16:02 <kidclamp> bug 2619
20:16:02 <huginn> 04Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=2619 normal, P3, ---, gmcharlt, NEW , Turning on XSLTResultsDisplay preference turns off item detail display
20:16:21 <cait> that turned up in my old bug clean-up
20:16:32 <cait> i was wondering if we could deprecate the feature as it was never implemented for XSLt
20:16:45 <cait> and we are trying to get rid of the non-xslt (deprecated them quite a while ago)
20:17:28 <cait> https://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Coding_Guidelines#DEPR1:_non-XSLT_search_results_and_bib_display_templates_deprecated
20:18:05 <kidclamp> ~4 years of waiting? I think we can remove this
20:18:15 <kidclamp> any dissent?
20:18:19 <ashimema> #info Martin Renvoize, PTFS Europe
20:18:32 <kidclamp> or discussion?
20:18:32 <wahanui> i guess discussion is always constructive :)
20:18:33 <cait> hm
20:18:43 <LeeJ> kidclamp: let's trim the fat!
20:18:48 <ashimema> Haha.. deprecate all the things
20:18:53 <tcohen> Joubu already wrote the patches, for sure
20:19:05 <tcohen> its been deprecated for several years
20:19:22 <greenjimll> If its been deprecated for years already, nuke it from high orbit.
20:19:25 <tcohen> I'm sure someone is still using it, on an unsupported OS
20:20:08 <LeeJ> tcohen: let's not forget most likely an unsupported Koha version too
20:20:09 <kidclamp> push for this release and send out a note on the mailing lists and make sure it gets in release notes?
20:20:17 <cait> hm not sure reading again if i read the bug correctly
20:20:59 <cait> i will recheck and move it forward accordingly
20:21:14 <cait> it actually seem to do something with xslt... but not work right?
20:21:37 <LeeJ> kidclamp: speaking of release notes...the docs team would greatly appreciate release notes on new features/enhancements..just a friendly reminder :)
20:21:51 <cait> the actual issue is with OPACItemsResultsDisplay i tihnk
20:22:10 <cait> but no big push against, so let's move forward with working towards no-xslt removal :)
20:23:09 <greenjimll> If we get rid of the non-xslt output, there won't be anything to compare the output against so bug 2619 will disappear. :-)
20:23:09 <huginn> 04Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=2619 normal, P3, ---, gmcharlt, NEW , Turning on XSLTResultsDisplay preference turns off item detail display
20:23:31 <kidclamp> heh
20:23:32 <cait> greenjimll: +1 heh
20:23:34 <kidclamp> moving on?
20:23:40 <cait> yep
20:24:32 <kidclamp> #topic API: account lines RFC, possible vote.
20:24:35 <kidclamp> tcohen,
20:24:35 <wahanui> i guess tcohen, is there a bz where i can send a patch or should I create a new one ?
20:25:02 <tcohen> I just wanted to hear opinions on that RFC
20:25:10 <kidclamp> wahanui tcohen is that guy with the great hair
20:25:10 <wahanui> ...but tcohen is obsessed with packages' scripts|122|obsessed with automated testing :)|king of the lab...
20:25:16 <kidclamp> wahanui tcohen is also that guy with the great hair
20:25:16 <wahanui> okay, kidclamp.
20:25:27 <cait> tcohen++ for moving on with REST API
20:25:30 * ashimema feels bad he's not read the RFC yet
20:25:40 <cait> i made a small comment below and a small correction with on eof the db fields
20:25:45 <tcohen> I've basically worked with bug 15165 as a basis
20:25:45 <huginn> 04Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=15165 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, alex.arnaud, In Discussion , REST API routes to list, edit and pay borrower's accountlines
20:25:45 <LeeJ> RFC link?
20:25:45 <cait> but have to think about it properly still
20:25:58 <tcohen> trying to make it REST-ish
20:26:07 <kidclamp> #link https://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Patrons_account_lines_endpoint_RFC Accounts API proposal
20:26:15 <LeeJ> thanks kidclamp
20:26:42 <tcohen> i'm missing to add the object definitions for
20:26:51 <tcohen> the /credits and /debits endpoints
20:26:56 <cait> are there 2 or just both linked to the same page?
20:27:02 <cait> https://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/REST_api_RFCs
20:27:13 <tcohen> which will of course resemble the /account/lines endpoint objects
20:27:14 <tcohen> he
20:27:19 <tcohen> there's only one page
20:27:20 <cait> there is also /acount and account/lines
20:27:24 <cait> in the table
20:27:34 <tcohen> all point to the same place
20:27:44 <tcohen> I wanted to put it all together for context
20:28:25 <tcohen> so
20:28:33 <tcohen> there's a discussion I proposed on the RFC
20:28:44 <tcohen> because we *could* prefer to have
20:28:58 <ashimema> At first glance looks solid to me.. will have a more in depth read tomorrow when I'm more awake
20:29:01 <tcohen> - …/payments and …/writeoffs
20:29:14 <tcohen> - …/fees and …/fines
20:29:34 <tcohen> I picked debits and credits to avoid constraining it
20:29:49 <kidclamp> is a writeoff not a void?
20:29:58 <tcohen> i.e. /credits implies some credit_type => 'payment' needed
20:30:08 <tcohen> a writeoff is a writeoff
20:30:09 <tcohen> he
20:30:11 <cait> kidclamp: i tihnk void is a mistake, writeoff is forgiving
20:30:16 <tcohen> as I understand it, you are right
20:30:16 <kidclamp> ah so /credits type=>writeoff
20:30:25 <tcohen> but Koha stores it as a credit, yes
20:30:28 <cait> i think the intention is different
20:30:31 <kidclamp> kk, too much sun today
20:30:51 <greenjimll> I've been thinking about some of the GDPR stuff (bug 20028 for example) and this REST API may be useful for grabbing patron account information for that.
20:30:51 <huginn> 04Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=20028 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, koha-bugs, NEW , Export all patron related personal data in one package
20:30:51 <tcohen> void is DELETE /account/lines/{account_line_id}
20:31:13 <kidclamp> admittedly, I don't like to delete anything, too many questions :-) but the logs should cover that case
20:31:20 <cait> having rest apis for everything would make it much easier to do the 'download all data you have stored about me' button
20:31:30 <tcohen> the DELETE action doesn't delete anything actually
20:31:31 <greenjimll> cait++
20:31:50 <tcohen> it calls $accountline->void which sets everything to zero and stamps a 'VOID' type in some places
20:32:04 <tcohen> then GET /account/lines won't show them by default
20:32:11 <cait> i tihnk a writeoff is: we don't take the money, but it was a real fine and it's counted as such
20:32:11 <tcohen> as they didn't exist
20:32:27 <cait> while voiding would be used to correct a mistake
20:32:28 <tcohen> writeoff is forgiving
20:32:41 <tcohen> making void is cancelling a credit (payment)
20:33:01 <cait> i think you will be able to void a writeoff too?
20:33:02 <greenjimll> So a writeoff is a 100% discount on a fine?
20:33:02 <kidclamp> didn't mean to derail
20:33:09 <cait> ok, it's complicated
20:33:10 <tcohen> cait: yes
20:33:23 <tcohen> greenjimll: in the code, yes
20:33:27 <tcohen> so
20:33:38 <ashimema> All sounds sensible to me
20:33:45 <tcohen> please comment on the wiki about the /debits /credits discussion
20:34:03 <tcohen> I will finish the object definitions during the week, to schedule a vote for next meeting
20:34:03 <kidclamp> so no vote today?
20:34:14 <kidclamp> #info please follow the link and read and comment on the rfc
20:34:14 <tcohen> no need to, I am already working on this anywya hhe
20:34:23 <kidclamp> do we want to vote for next meeting?
20:35:31 <tcohen> next friday so I have my RFC voted
20:35:34 <tcohen> #keeding
20:35:42 <cait> +1
20:35:59 <LeeJ> +1
20:36:03 <greenjimll> +1
20:36:14 <ashimema> +1
20:36:33 <kidclamp> +1
20:36:54 <kidclamp> okay, work ahead and add to next meeting tomas
20:37:28 <kidclamp> #topic Review of coding guidelines
20:37:35 <kidclamp> Anything here?
20:37:51 <cait> not from me
20:37:55 <LeeJ> nor me
20:38:04 <kidclamp> #topic Set time of next meeting
20:38:09 <kidclamp> 2 weeks?
20:38:09 <wahanui> i guess 2 weeks is not good nor bad, but thinking makes it so.
20:38:29 <kidclamp> would be same day as general
20:38:39 <cait> yep
20:39:04 <kidclamp> June 13th - 14 UTC?
20:39:26 <LeeJ> either day is good for me
20:39:34 <LeeJ> whoops
20:39:38 <cait> library conf here
20:39:38 <LeeJ> read it wrong
20:39:43 <LeeJ> that works for me
20:39:44 * kidclamp prefers less meetings per day
20:39:45 <cait> but i will leave notes on the wiki if necessary
20:39:49 <kidclamp> cait++
20:39:57 <kidclamp> going once...twice...
20:40:12 <LeeJ> sold! *slams gavel*
20:40:13 <greenjimll> tcohen: For GET /account/lines (and maybe other endpoints) is there a way of limiting the responses to a date range?
20:40:19 <kidclamp> #info Next meeting: 13 June 2018, 14 UTC
20:40:30 <kidclamp> #endmeeting