21:00:20 <kidclamp> #startmeeting Development IRC meeting 7 November 2018
21:00:20 <huginn> Meeting started Wed Nov  7 21:00:20 2018 UTC.  The chair is kidclamp. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
21:00:20 <huginn> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #startvote.
21:00:20 <huginn> The meeting name has been set to 'development_irc_meeting_7_november_2018'
21:00:26 <kidclamp> #topic Introductions
21:00:40 <kidclamp> #info Nick Clemens, ByWater Solutions
21:00:46 <ashimema> #info Martin Renvoize, PTFS Europe
21:01:05 <andreashm> #info Andreas Hedström Mace, Stockholm University Library
21:01:18 <alexbuckley> #info Alex Buckley, Catalyst IT NZ
21:02:03 <ashimema> quiet tonight
21:02:15 <kidclamp> dual meeting days
21:02:16 <ashimema> apologies.. this morning for alexbuckley
21:02:27 <thd> Is there not a meeting now?
21:02:45 <kidclamp> there is thd
21:02:46 <ashimema> yes, yes there is thd
21:03:11 <kidclamp> #topic Announcements
21:03:31 <oleonard> #info Owen Leonard, Athens County Public Libraries, USA
21:03:52 <thd> #info Thomas Dukleth, Agogme, New York City
21:04:06 <kidclamp> #info We are in feature slush, freeze is approaching
21:04:09 <kidclamp> Anyone else?
21:04:19 <ashimema> no Joubu?
21:04:51 <kidclamp> seems no
21:05:10 <ashimema> nothing from me for anouncements
21:05:17 <kidclamp> #topic Update from the Release manager (18.11)
21:05:26 <kidclamp> I mentioned slush/freeze
21:05:29 <kidclamp> working on pushing things
21:05:40 <kidclamp> help is appreciated for bugs and keeping jenkins happy
21:05:56 <ashimema> Hows the queue looking.. are you confident of getting through it before freeze?
21:06:07 <kidclamp> I got voted for a second term,  will continune reign of terror
21:06:20 <kidclamp> Lot in the queue, will do my best to clean it up, busy day
21:06:22 <ashimema> :)
21:06:55 <kidclamp> I think we can get it done
21:07:18 <oleonard> Agenda: https://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Development_IRC_meeting_7_November_2018
21:07:54 <ashimema> I'll try to keep more of an eye on Jenkins than usual and offer a hand
21:07:56 <kidclamp> that's all for me
21:08:19 <kidclamp> #info working on queue, keep jenkins happy, release is going to be greay
21:08:22 <kidclamp> great
21:08:26 <kidclamp> and it won't have typos
21:08:28 <greenjimll> #info Jon Knight, Loughborough University
21:08:30 <kidclamp> #topic
21:08:34 <kidclamp> #topic Updates from the Release Maintainers
21:08:50 <kidclamp> ashimema fridolin?
21:09:11 <ashimema> #info Working through my rmaint queue after a couple of weeks of concentrating on SO/QA before feature slush... slowly catching back up.
21:09:11 <kidclamp> also, looking for an 18.05 maintainer - if you ever wanted to get your hands dirty, now is a good time
21:10:08 <kidclamp> #info RMaints spoke this morning in general. things are moving along nicely, a few big bugs
21:10:13 <ashimema> it's been a great learning experience for me this cycle.. and I've been mad enough to offer stable branch rmaint again.
21:10:33 <kidclamp> stable is the hard one, lots of rebasing :-)
21:10:51 <kidclamp> especially this  release
21:11:03 <kidclamp> #topic Updates from the QA team
21:11:26 <kidclamp> I don't think we have most of the team here
21:11:34 <ashimema> #info 18.05.x is looking for an rmaint for next cycle, I'd love to pass it on to a new happy owner (and will support as best I can)
21:11:56 <ashimema> Mmm.. pretty spares on the QA team front tonight
21:12:02 <kidclamp> Joubu mentioned wanting to find an organizational tool this morning - if anyone has any thoughts it would be helpful
21:12:31 <greenjimll> what sort of organizational tool?
21:12:39 <greenjimll> project planner?
21:12:57 <kidclamp> taiga was proposed last release, but it didn't catch on
21:13:03 <ashimema> I think on the qa front cait just wanted to thank everyone for their efforts the last couple of weeks.. we've got loads done (sorry kidclamp for filling your queue to the brim)
21:13:07 <kidclamp> something to track the big things happening and who is doing what
21:13:17 <kidclamp> qateam++
21:13:27 <kidclamp> full queue = full release
21:15:02 <kidclamp> moving on?
21:15:20 <ashimema> go for it I reckon
21:15:31 <kidclamp> #topic General development discussion (trends, ideas, ...)
21:15:53 <kidclamp> #info      Internationalization, plural forms, context, and more RFC, Framavox
21:16:04 <kidclamp> #link https://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Internationalization,_plural_forms,_context,_and_more_RFC
21:16:37 <ashimema> what did anyone want to say about it>
21:16:55 <kidclamp> #link https://framavox.org/d/2juWqIMz/internationalization-plural-forms-context-and-more
21:17:18 <kidclamp> the frama is closed - I don't htink anyone objected, I believe he wants help in testing/implementing?
21:18:08 <kidclamp> I have not been involved enough in the translation work to know what is needed, but perhaps we should table as is light meeting tonight?
21:18:16 <ashimema> I'll admit I don't follow translation closely enough to understand that one
21:18:41 <ashimema> yeah.. lets shift it to the next meeting
21:18:45 <thd> The wiki page for the bug appears to show good research.
21:19:11 <kidclamp> #info tabled for next meeting
21:19:16 <kidclamp> #topic Review of coding guidelines
21:19:20 <kidclamp> oleonard?
21:19:20 <wahanui> oleonard is seeing some buggy stuff though
21:19:31 <oleonard> Present
21:19:51 <kidclamp> you have some suggestions?
21:20:13 <oleonard> I just wanted to highlight some new things in the HTML & JS coding guidelines. I don't know if these require a vote
21:20:32 <oleonard> I'm cleaning up the "type" attribute from <script> tags any time I update a template.
21:20:36 <oleonard> New templates shouldn't include it.
21:20:48 <cait> oops
21:20:48 <oleonard> Same for the "CDATA" markers in <script>
21:20:59 <cait> #info Katrin Fischer, BSZ, Germany
21:21:03 <cait> ashimema++ th
21:21:03 <cait> x
21:21:22 <ashimema> hehe
21:21:55 <oleonard> Also: New templates shouldn't use any YUI grid markup
21:22:09 <oleonard> I'd love to get an addition to the QA tools checking for that.
21:22:17 <kidclamp> I think those are all sensible
21:22:18 <ashimema> do we need anything in the qa script to help catch that oleonard?
21:22:31 <ashimema> haha
21:22:33 <ashimema> you beat me
21:23:00 <cait> sounds both good
21:23:06 <cait> especially additions to qa script
21:23:11 <cait> it's hard to keep everything in mind
21:23:24 <andreashm> sounds good
21:23:39 <oleonard> I think a check for classes containing "yui-" would be good
21:24:03 <kidclamp> oleonard++
21:24:10 <ashimema> that should be simple nough to add i think
21:24:18 <oleonard> Lastly I wanted to remind everyone about this: https://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Coding_Guidelines#JS12:_Include_javascript_at_the_end_of_template
21:24:19 <cait> someone volunteering? :)
21:24:35 <oleonard> New templates shouldn't be added with JS in the <head>
21:25:10 <ashimema> that could probably also be added to the qa script maybe..
21:25:28 <ashimema> less sure how on that one
21:25:34 <kidclamp> people who don't attend are signifying willingness to volunteer, no?
21:25:59 <cait> sensible
21:26:13 <ashimema> hehe
21:26:36 <cait> no js in head should be testable
21:26:53 <ashimema> indeed
21:27:25 <cait> #idea add checks for javascript in head, yui- grid classes and no type for javascript to QA script
21:27:46 <kidclamp> @later tell joubu #idea add checks for javascript in head, yui- grid classes and no type for javascript to QA script
21:27:46 <huginn> kidclamp: The operation succeeded.
21:28:39 <ashimema> we should record those as issues against the qa-tools repo in gitlab really..
21:29:01 <ashimema> then we can pick them off.. rather than just adding to joubu's list
21:29:10 * ashimema will go add them as issues now
21:29:21 <kidclamp> ashimema++
21:29:26 <oleonard> That's it from me unless someone has objections
21:29:32 <oleonard_> Somehow I lost my connection without realizing it... sorry if I missed any questions directed at me
21:29:48 <kidclamp> moving on?
21:30:41 <kidclamp> just time of next meeting unless anyone has anything else
21:31:13 <ashimema> I think that's our lot
21:31:28 <ashimema> bit earlier in the day next meeting..
21:31:32 <kidclamp> #topic Set time of next meeting
21:31:50 <kidclamp> 21 November 2018, 14 UTC?
21:32:51 <ashimema> sounds good to me.. you didn't want anything more regular with release looming.
21:32:53 <ashimema> probably not.. you've got enough on your plate so can just catch people directly as needed ;)
21:33:29 <kidclamp> we have a general next week if I need to grab anyone, and we have email, hopefully I will survive my first release :-D
21:33:49 <kidclamp> #info Next meeting: 21 November 2018, 14UTC
21:33:53 <kidclamp> #endmeeting