14:01:20 <Joubu> #startmeeting Development IRC meeting 8 August 2018
14:01:20 <huginn> Meeting started Wed Aug  8 14:01:20 2018 UTC.  The chair is Joubu. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
14:01:20 <huginn> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #startvote.
14:01:20 <huginn> The meeting name has been set to 'development_irc_meeting_8_august_2018'
14:01:22 <cait> no wahanui
14:01:28 <Joubu> #chair cait kidclamp
14:01:28 <huginn> Current chairs: Joubu cait kidclamp
14:01:28 <tuxayo> wahanui: ping!
14:01:34 <cait> hey! :)
14:01:37 <Joubu> #topic Introductions
14:01:44 <Joubu> #info Jonathan Druart
14:01:44 <ashimema> dev meeting now.. I'll get back to this after
14:01:47 <cait> #info Katrin Fischer, BSZ, Germany
14:01:51 <oleonard> #info Owen Leonard, Athens County Public Libraries, USA
14:01:58 <ashimema> #info Martin Renvoize, PTFS Europe, UK
14:02:11 <cc_> #info Colin Campbell, PTFS-Europe, UK
14:02:15 <tuxayo> #info Victor Grousset, BibLibre, France
14:02:27 <Joubu> #link https://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Development_IRC_meeting_8_August_2018
14:02:29 <AndrewIsh> #info Andrew Isherwood, PTFS Europe, UK
14:02:40 <Joubu> (refresh it if opened)
14:03:37 <Joubu> kidclamp, tcohen, jajm?
14:03:49 <Joubu> #topic Announcements
14:03:52 <Joubu> Anyone have something?
14:04:02 <ashimema> they were here only a few minutes ago.. I'm sure
14:04:30 <ashimema> well.. not seen kidclamp today actually
14:04:36 <cait> nopd
14:04:38 <cait> nope
14:04:53 <Joubu> #topic Update from the Release Manager (18.05)
14:05:07 <tcohen> hi
14:05:07 <Joubu> #info RM was in holiday, back this week and will push all the things
14:05:17 <Joubu> #action kidclamp push all the things
14:05:28 <Joubu> (that's why you should attend meetings)
14:05:29 <cait> kidclamp++ ;)
14:05:30 <Joubu> #topic Updates from the Release Maintainers
14:05:34 <tcohen> #info Tomas Cohen Arazi
14:05:41 <tcohen> kidclamp++
14:05:42 <Joubu> ashimema, something?
14:05:43 <tcohen> heh
14:06:13 <ashimema> Been pushing a fair bit this week after a backlog after vacation.. I'm all up to date and awaiting kidclamps next set of pushes
14:06:33 <ashimema> #info 18.05.x: I have been pushing a fair bit this week after a backlog after vacation.. I'm all up to date and awaiting kidclamps next set of pushes
14:07:15 <ashimema> also, I caught a series of bugs that had got missed between handover.. had a good tidy up of bugzilla
14:07:18 <Joubu> I feel like 18.05.02 is finally ready for production
14:07:27 <Joubu> at least to catch the last bugs
14:07:39 * tcohen agrees
14:07:55 <cait> ashimema++
14:07:56 <Joubu> #info If you plan to use 18.05.x in production, pick 18.05.02 or later
14:07:58 <ashimema> yeah.. feels pretty stable at this point.. though there's a fair few more minor bugs already making their way into 18.05.x for 18.05.03
14:08:49 <ashimema> think that's it from me
14:08:50 <oleonard> ashimema++
14:09:07 <tcohen> ashimema++
14:09:17 <Joubu> yep ashimema++ good job on following bug fixes :)
14:09:21 <Joubu> #topic Updates from the QA team
14:09:31 <ashimema> I believe fridolin is up to date on 17.11 and 17.05 too.. though he's away imminently and will struggle to keep up this month
14:09:52 <Joubu> cait, something?
14:09:53 <ashimema> sorry.. that was a bit late ;).. over to you QA
14:10:00 <cait> waiting for ashimema
14:10:12 <cait> the qa queue is in an ok shape
14:10:32 <cait> #info qa queue is in an ok shape, slowly going down, below 40 now
14:10:45 <tuxayo> :D
14:10:50 <cait> problem is, we have a lot of bugs that sit there for quite a time and nothing easy left
14:11:02 * ashimema wonders if we need to promote bug 20773 for opinions
14:11:02 <huginn> 04Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=20773 major, P5 - low, ---, koha-bugs, Needs Signoff , bug 20724 follow-up - Database cleanup
14:11:11 <cait> quite a lot of elasticsearch bugs
14:11:23 <Joubu> 2 criticals and 9 majors waiting for SO
14:11:32 <cait> yes, that's the other problem
14:11:43 <cait> the only reason we are in good shape in QA is that the sign-offs are way too slow
14:11:49 <cait> tons of bugs waiting there
14:11:53 <cait> and numbers going up
14:12:12 <cait> so we really need sign-offs atm I think
14:12:32 <cait> #info Needs Signoff is way too high with lots of bugs waiting for testers - please sign-off!
14:12:47 <cait> ashimema: can you explain about the bug above?
14:13:06 <oleonard> Right now, the reason I'm not doing more signoffs is I'm not confident I know how to test properly. I don't know if it should be my job to ask or the patch-writer's job to make it easier.
14:13:18 <seafarmer> just passing by to shill for bz8000, there's already 2 SO on it
14:13:28 <cait> #info next step for Elasticsearch is Bug 18316 - Add weighting/relevancy options to ElasticSearch. Additional testing/sign offs might make it move faster!
14:13:29 <ashimema> It's a db cleanup script as a followup to bug 20724. I think it's ready for signoff but Joubu commented it needs discussion?
14:13:29 <huginn> 04Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=20724 critical, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Pushed to Stable , ReservesNeedReturns syspref breaks "Holds awaiting pickup"
14:13:51 <cait> oleonard: it's good to get feedback on the reasons
14:14:01 <cait> can you give some examples to look over?
14:14:17 <cait> i think patch writer sshould always include a test plan
14:14:24 <oleonard> seafarmer: Bug 8000 is marked "needs signoff." Is that incorrect?
14:14:24 <huginn> 04Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=8000 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, charles.farmer, Needs Signoff , Test mode for notices
14:16:30 <ashimema> sounds like it should be SO from a quick skim read
14:16:35 <cait> seafarmer: it only has one sign-off - the sandboxes one was ed himself i tihnk
14:16:42 <oleonard> Sorry cait I don't have an example off the top of my head.
14:16:57 <cait> and it had bugs fixed after the sign-off so back to get tested again i think
14:17:13 <ashimema> well sleuthed cait
14:17:56 <cait> hm also wondering how it could be tested with sandboxes
14:18:05 <cait> does email work there?
14:18:17 <ashimema> not on ptfs ones right now ;)
14:18:37 <Joubu> cait: looking at the message_queue table
14:18:44 <thd> #info Thomas Dukleth, Agogme, New York City
14:19:17 <Joubu> moving on?
14:19:24 <cait> i'd think so
14:19:30 <tcohen> moving on
14:19:32 <Joubu> #topic General development discussion (trends, ideas, ...)
14:19:41 <Joubu> I have added several ones there
14:19:48 <oleonard> In short, you all should sign off on my patches :P
14:19:54 <Joubu> so quickly, starting with
14:20:03 <Joubu> #topic Bug 13618 - Prevent XSS in the Staff Client and the OPAC
14:20:03 <huginn> 04Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=13618 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Needs Signoff , Prevent XSS in the Staff Client and the OPAC
14:20:28 <Joubu> QA team and everybody concerned by security issues (so, all of your, right?) must take a look at that one
14:20:45 <Joubu> I have been working on it for months (years?) now and we have finally a working and ready solution
14:20:54 <Joubu> this is an important one and need to be pushed ASAP
14:21:01 <ashimema> I should sign that one off.. I've commented that it looks solid.. I just wanted to get a branch setup and throw a pen test tool at it first
14:21:13 <cait> :)
14:21:13 <Joubu> I personnaly do not care that much, I have written scripts to do the rebase job
14:21:45 <ashimema> have you thrown any pen test tools against it to varify it's caught everything?
14:22:04 <Joubu> so you can wait for 2 more years if you like :) (i.e. that was my last call about it)
14:22:14 <Joubu> everything? lol :)
14:22:19 <ashimema> I'll add it back to my list.. just it's a long list ;)
14:22:27 <Joubu> I wrote a script to insert problematic data in the DB
14:22:36 <ashimema> haha.. well everything an automated pen tool may catch ;)
14:22:43 <cait> talking about security, ig to another one
14:22:48 <Joubu> to test that one, you will need time, patience, and understand the issues globally
14:23:16 <Joubu> ashimema: we will have a unit test, to parse the .tt files
14:23:21 <ashimema> indeed
14:23:23 <cait> #info input needed on how to best make Bug 15836  - Labels: Offer configuration option for splitting call numbers secure.
14:23:45 <Joubu> all [% %] will need to have a filter (even if not filtered, it will do nothing)
14:24:14 <Joubu> the script I wrote to generate the patch will more or less be what we will need to write the regression tests
14:24:49 <Joubu> cait: that is another topic right?
14:25:15 <Joubu> cait: please add it to the wiki, I am processing the item 1 by 1
14:25:26 <Joubu> #topic Bug 21010 - Add a script to search for data inconsistencies
14:25:26 <huginn> 04Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=21010 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, koha-bugs, NEW , Add a script to search for data inconsistencies
14:25:27 <ashimema> OK.. I'm happy to have further discussion with Joubu after this meeting to move 13618 on.. we can move on topic in the meeting I reckon
14:25:35 <Joubu> ashimema: yep!
14:25:48 <cait> will do
14:25:57 <ashimema> #info Martin Renvoize to SO 13618 and discuss next steps with Jonathan
14:26:01 <Joubu> I think we really need a script to catch data inconsistencies (at DB level so)
14:26:22 <Joubu> I have started with authority types, item types and items.$branch
14:26:31 <cait> done
14:26:45 <Joubu> the idea is to provide a script that will catch problematic situations
14:26:46 <ashimema> :+1:
14:26:55 <oleonard> Joubu: Should it be a built-in report which can be accessed from the staff client?
14:26:59 <Joubu> then we could move it to the UI if needed
14:27:07 <oleonard> :)
14:27:09 <Joubu> oleonard: ^ :)
14:27:22 <oleonard> I think it would be very useful!
14:27:29 <Joubu> if you think about something else, just open a new bug report and link it to that one
14:27:39 <ashimema> would be nice for it to run with any/all upgrades and set a flag in about
14:27:48 <ashimema> much like some of the other warnings we have in there
14:27:54 <cait> refresh wiki if you want - all bugs linked now too
14:28:04 <Joubu> if you have ideas, please comment on bug 21010 :)
14:28:48 <Joubu> moving on in few sec
14:28:52 <thd> I presume that 21010 is intended for some fundamental DB inconsistencies.
14:29:00 <cait> #info if you have ideas for data consistencies to look out for, file a bug and link it to bug 21010
14:29:35 <Joubu> #topic Bug 20443 - Move C4::Members::Attributes to Koha namespace
14:29:35 <huginn> 04Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=20443 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, In Discussion , Move C4::Members::Attributes to Koha namespace
14:29:36 <thd> Now I understand better, a meta-bug.
14:29:59 <Joubu> yes, see linked bug reports
14:30:18 <ashimema> okies
14:30:30 <tcohen> wwhat about it
14:30:38 <Joubu> bug 20443 is quite a big refactoring one, it adds several interesting things to the Koha:: namespace
14:30:44 <Joubu> 41 files changed, 713 insertions(+), 2017 deletions(-)
14:30:53 <tcohen> Joubu: that's too much
14:31:08 <Joubu> ^ that's the interesting bit, we remove 2/3 of the code
14:31:22 <Joubu> tcohen: ?
14:31:35 <tcohen> it touches too many things, that's it
14:31:45 <Joubu> there are 10 commits
14:31:53 <Joubu> it's not a monolitic commit
14:32:08 <Joubu> when I move the code I describe what I am doing, commiting the things 1 by 1
14:32:19 <tcohen> we'll see :-P
14:32:22 <Joubu> it's easier to have only 1 bug report and test everything
14:32:34 * ashimema is working through reviewing it.. but it is indeed a pretty massive piece..
14:32:44 <Joubu> than have 10 bug reports and have to test all the features 10 times
14:32:45 <jajm> Joubu, could it be split into 10 bugs then ? testing/QAing that kind of bug can be really long
14:32:56 <Joubu> jajm: what I just said
14:33:22 <Joubu> It's safer as it. Otherwise I need to provide 10 stable states
14:33:29 <Joubu> and wait for 10 testers and 10 QAers
14:33:48 <oleonard> In that case it is in effect a monolithic commit
14:34:05 <Joubu> oleonard: for testers it's easier
14:34:05 <jajm> okay, but it's easier to miss something in a 3000 lines long diff
14:34:09 <ashimema> I was more thinking perhaps a couple of QA team could get together to review it as a set for half a day.. bit of peer coding/reviewing.
14:34:10 <tcohen> we need to coordinate this testing I think
14:34:16 <Joubu> for QAer I have split the commits, to make them easy to read
14:34:18 <ashimema> +1
14:34:26 <tcohen> 2 QA members take on it together
14:34:39 <cait> i like the idea
14:34:42 <Joubu> jajm: read the log, it's not a 3000 lines diff ;)
14:34:42 <tcohen> to make it move faster
14:34:48 <tcohen> I volunteer
14:34:51 <ashimema> tcohen.. feel like you've got the time/inclination to take it on with me at some point?
14:34:53 <cait> would it help to schedule a qa day again?
14:35:04 <tcohen> ashimema: absolutely
14:35:04 <ashimema> I can try and dedicate a monday or tuesday afternoon (to overlap with your morning?)
14:35:07 <cait> but also can be outside, just asking :)
14:35:13 <tcohen> ashimema++
14:35:18 <cait> tcohen++ too
14:35:37 <ashimema> done.. we'll hit it together.. will grab you out of meeting to schedule
14:35:45 <Joubu> moving on, there are 5 more
14:35:55 <Joubu> #topic Bug 18252 - Move C4::Items code to the Koha namespace
14:35:55 <huginn> 04Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=18252 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, ASSIGNED , Move C4::Items code to the Koha namespace
14:36:10 <ashimema> #info Martin and Tomas are going to schedule a paired QA for bug 20443
14:36:10 <huginn> 04Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=20443 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, In Discussion , Move C4::Members::Attributes to Koha namespace
14:36:10 <cait> #action ashimea and tcohen to review bug 20443 together
14:36:17 <cait> ah typo...
14:36:24 <cait> but info is good
14:36:31 <tcohen> its ok
14:36:47 <Joubu> I am going to submit the same kind of changes for C4::Items, I have local patches to replace GetItem with Koha::Items->find, like we did for Koha::Patron the idea is to use Koha::Item objects everywhere and simplify the code
14:36:58 <Joubu> at least for CRUD in a first step
14:37:11 <cait> sounds good to me
14:37:17 <cait> but it should be done really soon
14:37:29 <cait> we had some side effects last time, so should have some time to hunt them down
14:37:37 <Joubu> and then I will open a discussion after the meeting about that patches :)
14:37:59 <cait> maybe if done before kohacon, we could try and get people on it there
14:38:03 <Joubu> yes, side effects are expected with that changes, they usually highlight issues with the current code. So it's good
14:38:08 <Joubu> (not for the end user)
14:38:29 <Joubu> #info Bug 15836 - Labels: Offer configuration option for splitting call numbers
14:38:29 <huginn> 04Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=15836 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Needs Signoff , Labels: Offer configuration option for splitting call numbers
14:38:42 <Joubu> cait: ^
14:39:04 <cait> Joubu has written this very nice feature, but we are a little stuck on the best way to handle the regex in a secure way
14:39:36 <cait> so it would be cool if people could take a look
14:39:47 <cait> i think it's a really cool feature for libraries not using DDC/LOC
14:40:03 <cait> because at the moment only those break nicely on multiple lines on labels
14:40:37 <cait> i already #info'd earlier, so leaving it at that now if there are no questions
14:40:42 <tcohen> cait: can you explain the problem?
14:40:48 <Joubu> So basically the issue is: we using stored regexs to split on the callnumber
14:40:56 <cait> handing over to joubu ;)
14:40:58 <Joubu> like we store "s/foo/bar/g"
14:41:18 <Joubu> of even better: "s/(foo)bar/$1pouet/g"
14:41:49 <cait> btw... example on the bug is a real life example from the sponsoring libraries
14:42:01 <Joubu> to evaluate it, we will need to use eval { $callnumber =~ $regex };
14:42:10 <Joubu> something like that, cannot remember the exact syntax
14:42:57 <Joubu> if the $regex contain something else than a regex, perl will evaluate it anyway (rm, ls, etc.)
14:43:07 <Joubu> read the commit message for more info ;)
14:43:36 <Joubu> I have described several solutions, I do not think they are acceptable
14:44:09 <Joubu> we need to know how we can trust on data in the DB
14:44:58 <Joubu> tcohen told me that we already have this problem: letter.content can contain TT directives and so execute whatever commands
14:45:21 <ashimema> ouch.
14:45:35 <jajm> [% PERL %] is allowed ?
14:45:43 <Joubu> everything is allowed
14:46:11 <cait> double ouch
14:46:20 <cait> maybe we should move that discussion out of th emeeting
14:46:25 <thd> Is there no standard Perl module for limiting such input?
14:46:28 <cait> like into a security bug
14:46:28 <Joubu> yes, moving on
14:46:43 <Joubu> #info ILS-DI GetRecords (see ML)
14:47:17 <Joubu> working on removing GetItem (using in ILS-DI subs) I realize that it's not clear to me what this service is supposed to return
14:47:50 <Joubu> we have an example in the opac/ilsdi.pl view, but for instance GetRecords does not have anything in the <issues> tag
14:47:58 <Joubu> whereas it returns a lot of stuffs
14:48:22 <cait> the ils-di is supposed to allow you to link Koha to a discovery interface (DI)
14:48:27 <Joubu> git log told me it's historical and should not be there, but... who knows?
14:48:28 <cait> and i don't see any use there for issues
14:48:48 <cait> actually, i'd rather say it's unnecessary and could be a privacy issue
14:49:28 <Joubu> ok, it can be an answer for that one, but for the other info?
14:49:49 <Joubu> can I contact someone using it heavily to know which are the info they need?
14:50:03 <Joubu> the specs are not clear
14:50:08 <cait> what is the other info?
14:50:14 <tcohen> I think this is a shortcut someone took
14:50:20 <tcohen> and not part of the spec
14:50:26 <ashimema> whose using it heavily thouhg ;)
14:50:34 <tcohen> biblibre
14:50:43 <tcohen> they use a Drupal <-> Koha connector
14:50:50 <Joubu> cait: if we add columns in some tables, it will be added to the xml
14:50:51 <tcohen> that at some point was implemented on this I think
14:51:04 <tcohen> but I think they moved to koha-restful
14:51:20 <cait> we could check if the vufind driver uses it for something
14:51:28 <cait> that might cover some other cases
14:51:34 <ashimema> I would vote to push it closer to the spec if there was a vote
14:51:36 <jajm> tcohen, the koha connector still use some parts of ils-di
14:51:58 <ashimema> but yeah.. would be worth askin users
14:52:45 <Joubu> "A list of record objects that represents the bibliographic record, as well as
14:52:45 <Joubu> associated holdings and item information for each requested bibliographic
14:52:45 <Joubu> identifier (unless the specified return schema does not support it). If a hash is
14:52:46 <Joubu> returned, the bibliographic identifier would be the key."
14:52:53 <Joubu> https://old.diglib.org/architectures/ilsdi/DLF_ILS_Discovery_1.0.pdf
14:53:18 <Joubu> ok, moving on, will see later if I need more info
14:53:22 <jajm> ILS-DI allows basically anything to be returned
14:53:38 <ashimema> fair enough
14:53:59 <cait> i think record and items
14:54:05 <cait> from what you cited
14:54:05 <tuxayo> tcohen: «biblibre they use a Drupal <-> Koha connector»
14:54:06 <tuxayo> And not only. Also Bokeh (http://bokeh-library-portal.org) uses it.
14:54:14 <ashimema> reading that for a second or third time it does look more open to opinion than I thought it did first time
14:54:53 <ashimema> record, holdings and item information.. does 'issues' constitute item information is the question I suppose
14:54:59 <tuxayo> tcohen: «but I think they moved to koha-restful» For some things, ILS-DI is still use IIRC
14:55:14 <ashimema> I read issues as 'historical loan information' when i read the first email.. is that right
14:55:15 <cait> is koha-restful still a thing?
14:56:01 <tuxayo> cait: yes https://git.biblibre.com/biblibre/koha-restful
14:56:23 <jajm> ashimema, i think the question should be "do we want backward compatibility ?" and i think the answer is yes and we should not remove anything for the ils-di responses
14:56:25 <tuxayo> We still have to maintain it
14:57:04 <tuxayo> With hope that the official API will make it useless someday
14:57:14 <Joubu> jajm: seen the callnumberX for the last 3 checkouts in the answer?
14:57:22 <cait> interesting, thx tuxayo
14:57:38 <jajm> Joubu, no
14:58:08 <Joubu> it comes from a commit of 2005 that added a sub, then this sub has been used for ILS-DI GetRecords
14:58:16 <cait> i still feel checkout history doesn't belong there
14:58:33 <Joubu> and we ended up with these fieldsX (not callnumber actually, cardnumber!)
14:58:45 <Joubu> ok moving on, 2 minutes to go
14:58:52 <Joubu> #info Last projects to move to gitlab/k-c (should contrib be split?)
14:58:57 <Joubu> ashimema: for you
14:59:16 <ashimema> :)
14:59:18 <Joubu> there are some projects not moved to gitlab yet: release-tools, contrib and maybe more
14:59:43 <Joubu> release-tools: nobody really uses it, so I did not
15:00:00 <Joubu> but can be done, maybe just a mirror of the git.k-c.org
15:00:06 <cait> sandboxes?
15:00:16 <jajm> sandbox is used, but maybe it could be extracted into its own repo ?
15:00:18 <Joubu> ho, I actually created
15:00:19 <Joubu> https://gitlab.com/koha-community/release-tools
15:00:26 <Joubu> that's the one
15:00:29 <Joubu> 1 sec :)
15:00:31 <ashimema> I think splitting out sandboxes could be useful indeed
15:00:34 <cait> ah yes, it makes sense, we could split up the contrib one
15:00:39 <ashimema> I use release-tools now ;)
15:00:40 <tuxayo> +1 for moving sandboxes
15:00:46 <ashimema> and submitted fixes too recently ;)
15:00:52 <Joubu> the problem with release-tools and contrib is: we have it on git.k-c.org and what about issues, patches, sync?
15:01:02 <ashimema> indeed
15:01:20 <ashimema> I imagine a cleanup could happen on contrib..
15:01:21 <Joubu> either we remove them from git.k-c.org, or we need to think and setup something that fit our needs
15:01:36 <ashimema> is koha-plack on there ever used now for example
15:01:36 <Joubu> and, that was my second point, contrib should be split before moved
15:02:06 <cait> hm how do we handle qa-test-tools?
15:02:14 <cait> they are also there...
15:02:19 <cait> hea etc.
15:02:19 <Joubu> (I am not voluntering)
15:02:31 <cait> what's the master repo?
15:02:33 <tcohen> cait: https://gitlab.com/koha-community
15:02:45 <cait> i know, was looking at kc
15:02:59 <cait> so we actually have to repos already for qa-test-tools
15:03:02 <cait> and hea
15:03:29 <tcohen> I think we should consider contrib abandnware, and use whatever we need, on gitlab
15:03:43 <ashimema> at the moment there's really not a clear aproach on how to contribute to those..
15:03:52 <ashimema> that's where this question came from really
15:03:55 <cait> i feel like maybe make gitlab the main one... and mirror on kc?
15:04:17 <Joubu> people who contributes know how to contribute, and nobody else will contribute to contrib. So not a big deal
15:04:18 <ashimema> at some point i was submitting stuff to Joubu directly for sandboxes improvments I think
15:04:21 <cait> maybe more a question of how to handle access too? who can push etc
15:04:35 <ashimema> fair enough
15:04:54 * ashimema uses contrib solely for sandboxes
15:05:09 <Joubu> actions?
15:05:17 <ashimema> and working on them today highlighted at least documentation issues if not others (still digging)
15:05:31 <cait> i thnk we need someone to work out a votable suggestion maybe?
15:05:40 <tcohen> I think we should vote this on a general meeting
15:05:49 <tcohen> how we handle satellite repos
15:05:49 <ashimema> yeah.. agreed
15:05:50 <Joubu> vote what?
15:05:50 <cait> agreed
15:06:00 <ashimema> defer to a general meeting
15:06:10 <Joubu> I moved all of them to gitlab/k-c, it has been voted already
15:06:20 <Joubu> or at least done, 90% of them
15:06:35 <Joubu> ok, see later
15:06:40 <Joubu> #topic Set time of next meeting
15:06:43 * ashimema would like to see bywaters docker based sandboxes invested in a bit more.. they feel like the next logical step
15:06:54 <tcohen> ashimema: indeed!
15:07:24 <Joubu> Next meeting: 22 August 2018, 20 UTC?
15:07:25 <ashimema> okies
15:08:00 <ashimema> works for me
15:08:04 <Joubu> #info Next meeting: 22 August 2018, 20 UTC
15:08:04 <tcohen> works for me
15:08:06 <Joubu> #endmeeting