21:02:30 <Joubu> #startmeeting Documentation IRC meeting 11 April 2018
21:02:30 <huginn> Meeting started Wed Apr 11 21:02:30 2018 UTC.  The chair is Joubu. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
21:02:30 <huginn> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #startvote.
21:02:30 <huginn> The meeting name has been set to 'documentation_irc_meeting_11_april_2018'
21:02:35 <Joubu> #topic Introductions
21:02:35 <wahanui> #info wahanui, a bot that has become sentient
21:02:40 <Joubu> #chair LeeJ
21:02:40 <huginn> Current chairs: Joubu LeeJ
21:02:41 <Joubu> #chair cait
21:02:41 <huginn> Current chairs: Joubu LeeJ cait
21:02:50 <Joubu> #info Jonathan Druart
21:02:52 <LeeJ> #info LeeJ, Marywood University
21:03:00 <georgew> #info George Williams, Northeast Kansas Library System
21:03:03 <davidnind> #info David Nind, Wellington, New Zealand
21:03:05 <cait> #Katrin Fischer, BSZ, Germany
21:03:06 <caroline> #info Caroline Cyr La Rose, inLibro
21:03:22 <clintD> #Clint Deckard, Anact, New Zealand
21:03:49 <LeeJ> #topic What's been done so far
21:04:08 <Joubu> #link https://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Documentation_IRC_meeting_11_April_2018
21:04:25 <LeeJ> #info documentation (GitLab) training webinar was held as scheduled per last meeting's minutes by LeeJ
21:04:51 <indradg> #info Indranil Das Gupta, L2C2 Technologies, India.
21:05:00 <LeeJ> hello all :)
21:05:17 <LeeJ> has anyone not been added to the kohadocs Taiga who wishes to be?
21:05:48 <Joubu> #link https://tree.taiga.io/project/ldjamison-kohadocs-1805/
21:06:16 <LeeJ> I'll take the silence as a no :)
21:06:43 <LeeJ> #topic Workflows
21:07:28 <LeeJ> Joubu cait I was hoping for brief clarification..how has it been handled in the past when a docs bug has been filed for the documentation but also might apply to the code base?
21:08:09 <LeeJ> Bug 20555
21:08:09 <huginn> 04Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=20555 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, koha-bugs, NEW , usage() function in cleanup_database.pl needs refactoring
21:08:09 <LeeJ> as an example
21:08:31 <LeeJ> whoops! wrong bug xD
21:08:43 <LeeJ> actually that was right
21:09:03 <Joubu> there is a "Manual" keyword
21:09:30 <Joubu> I'd use it to tell the documentation team needs to adapt the manual
21:09:37 <LeeJ> okay
21:10:01 <LeeJ> because I'm taking the time right after the meeting to updating the edit the manual wiki with a proper procedure
21:10:44 <tcohen> Joubu: added a followup on bug 20123
21:10:44 <huginn> 04Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=20123 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, kyle, Pushed to Master , Allow multiple instances of Koha to have different timezones on the same server
21:12:10 <cait> :(
21:12:34 <LeeJ> hmm..anyone have a suggestion on how to update cleanup_database.pl per the bug/process of it?
21:12:50 <davidnind> that will be useful, just trying to work through the workflow - will try with something easy first, then get stuck in
21:13:10 * cait gets out the duct tape
21:13:22 <LeeJ> davidnind: I'm always available to assist
21:13:24 <tcohen> @seen Joubu
21:13:24 <huginn> tcohen: Joubu was last seen in #koha 3 minutes and 53 seconds ago: <Joubu> I'd use it to tell the documentation team needs to adapt the manual
21:13:27 <cait> LeeJ: i tihnk fix the script first, manual second
21:13:45 <LeeJ> cait: right
21:14:20 <davidnind> virtual duck tape, does it exist, where can I buy some?
21:15:31 <LeeJ> Joubu: I think it would be your call on how best to word the -m flag..I'll admit I'm somewhat confused how it should be updated
21:15:43 <huginn> News from kohagit: Bug 20123: (follow-up) Mock timezone in t/Auth_with_shibboleth.t <http://git.koha-community.org/gitweb/?p=koha.git;a=commitdiff;h=e5229fd68b13e69b47349e9b5c986a6243ee69c6>
21:16:04 <Joubu> LeeJ: let's talk about it on the bug report later ;)
21:16:08 <LeeJ> I want to thank barton for providing that bug..we can use it as training :)
21:16:11 <LeeJ> Joubu: sounds good
21:16:28 <LeeJ> I digress
21:17:11 <LeeJ> #info LeeJ will update the Editing the Manual wiki page with a standardized workflow for handling documentation/documentation bugs
21:18:11 <LeeJ> #info Joubu is still in need of feedback on Bug 19817
21:18:11 <huginn> 04Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=19817 new feature, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Needs Signoff , Merge local and online documentations
21:18:54 <LeeJ> anything to add from anyone before the next topic?
21:19:29 <LeeJ> #topic Next steps
21:20:48 <LeeJ> #info LeeJ will be sending out a Doodle poll to schedule a sprint day to hopefully get everyone organized..whatever day is picked he will make himself available the whole day
21:21:10 <Joubu> Where can we see the progress on documentation of the 18.05 new features?
21:21:14 <davidnind> excellent idea!
21:21:31 <cait1> :)
21:21:40 <cait1> if you pick a day after 20th i will try to join
21:21:58 <caroline> it would be before the 18,05 release?
21:22:18 <LeeJ> Joubu: I'll bang out the details of that when I get home from work because I needed to pick your brain on that very topic
21:22:21 <LeeJ> caroline: yes :)
21:22:46 <LeeJ> the goal of the sprint day is to catch the documentation up to the current status of the 18.05 code base
21:23:04 <LeeJ> dotting our i's and crossing our t's so to speak
21:23:51 <davidnind> I guess it should be in Taiga, I can go through and add all the bugs from Bugzilla for 18.05 commits
21:24:14 <caroline> +1
21:24:15 <cait1> davidnind++
21:24:16 <LeeJ> davidnind that would be a big help
21:24:19 <LeeJ> davidnind++
21:24:23 <davidnind> then we can make sure the release notes are covered off for each item
21:24:32 <davidnind> will start on this this evening
21:24:33 <cait1> davidnind: i think there are some preliminary release notes you could use as base
21:24:34 <LeeJ> I like the way you think :)
21:25:01 <cait1> Joubu: does the page still exist?
21:25:19 <Joubu> since the beginning of the release cycle, yes
21:25:20 <barton> #info Barton Chittenden, BWS
21:25:22 <Joubu> release notse?
21:25:25 <Joubu> release notes?
21:25:25 <wahanui> release notes are in misc/release_notes
21:25:25 <davidnind> they are always a good starting point, will probably need some tweaking to reflect how people use Koha
21:25:29 <LeeJ> :O
21:25:33 <barton> (better late than never)
21:25:38 <Joubu> release notes is https://gitlab.com/koha-community/koha-release-notes/blob/master/release_notes_17_12_00.md
21:25:53 <cait1> Joubu: lost the link :(
21:26:14 <davidnind> the new features and enhancements will probably require the most work :)
21:26:26 <LeeJ> agreed davidnind
21:26:28 <Joubu> release notes is https://gitlab.com/joubu/koha-release-notes/blob/master/release_notes_17_12_00.md
21:26:48 <caroline> they're the most useful, they should be priority
21:26:49 <Joubu> (I have forced pushed and it seems it has not been synced)
21:27:04 <davidnind> although sometimes bug fixes can take up time as you try and work out what the problem is..was...
21:27:07 <LeeJ> Joubu++ # for the link
21:27:46 <LeeJ> davidnind: I'll hop on IRC when I'm home later and see how much we can get done
21:28:22 <davidnind> home time for me will be in about 8-9 hours
21:28:31 <LeeJ> #info LeeJ will be working with davidnind to update kohadocs with new 18.05 features
21:28:45 <LeeJ> davidnind: ahh right. timezones :)
21:29:22 <davidnind> I should probably do some work while I'm a work today
21:29:26 <LeeJ> anyway..I'll hammer out those details with you later davidnind
21:29:31 <davidnind> ;-)
21:29:49 <LeeJ> anyone else have anything to add? anything I missed?
21:29:51 <davidnind> a.. should be at!
21:30:35 <cait1> i've added something about moving interesting things from the help files to th emanual
21:30:43 <cait1> reconciling them before the help files get removed
21:30:54 <cait1> but as git has it all, that is not as urgent as the new things i think
21:31:54 <LeeJ> #idea cait mentioned moving interesting things from help files to the manual
21:32:44 <davidnind> I guess it comes down to priorities in the time available to 18.05 - release notes, new features and enhancements documented, manual brought as up-to-date as possible (with sprint day)
21:32:52 <barton> I like that idea.
21:33:14 <davidnind> cait always has excellent ideas!
21:33:24 <caroline> hear hear! :)
21:33:28 <LeeJ> davidnind: I think the order should be new features then release notes..minor but still :)
21:33:31 <LeeJ> cait1++
21:33:59 <LeeJ> #info kohadocs updates will be handled with the priority of new features, release notes, enhancements, etc.
21:34:13 <davidnind> that's fine too... better to have a plan than no plan at all
21:34:24 <LeeJ> well if no one has anything else, let's figure next meeting time
21:35:08 <LeeJ> Joubu: is the 18.05 release around May 28th?
21:35:18 <Joubu> May 22th
21:35:18 <cait1> 22
21:35:22 <LeeJ> ah ok
21:35:45 <LeeJ> so then how about next meeting same day same time next month?
21:36:10 <Joubu> It will be a Friday
21:36:15 <LeeJ> oh dear
21:36:18 <LeeJ> hmm
21:36:32 <LeeJ> May 9th then?
21:36:58 <Joubu> will be a dev meeting
21:37:13 <Joubu> but before, like today actually
21:37:21 <Joubu> so that's fine
21:37:22 <caroline> may 9 works for me
21:37:36 <LeeJ> so it'll be 14 UTC for dev?
21:37:42 <Joubu> yes
21:37:44 <LeeJ> okay
21:37:57 <LeeJ> #topic Set time of next meeting
21:38:14 <Joubu> #info Next meeting: 9 May 2018, 21 UTC
21:38:23 <LeeJ> thank you Joubu :)
21:38:31 <LeeJ> #endmeeting