14:00:25 <kidclamp> #startmeeting General IRC meeting 11 July 2018
14:00:25 <huginn> Meeting started Wed Jul 11 14:00:25 2018 UTC.  The chair is kidclamp. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
14:00:25 <huginn> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #startvote.
14:00:25 <huginn> The meeting name has been set to 'general_irc_meeting_11_july_2018'
14:00:31 <kidclamp> #topic Introductions
14:00:31 <ashimema> so it is..
14:00:33 * ashimema had entirely forgotten
14:00:40 <kidclamp> #info kidclamp
14:00:53 <kidclamp> #info Nick Clemens, ByWater Solutions
14:00:57 <ashimema> #info Martin Renvoize
14:01:05 <thd> #info Thomas Dukleth, Agogme, New York
14:01:11 <kidclamp> no wahanui?
14:01:23 <cc_> #info Colin Campbell, PTFS-Europe
14:01:30 <cait> #info Katrin Fischer, BSZ, Germany
14:02:11 <eythian> wahanui sends apologies
14:02:26 <thd> Who has access to  restart wahanui?
14:02:34 <kidclamp> joubu, fridolin, jajm, alex_a_ , khall
14:02:53 <fridolin> #info Fridolin Somers, Biblibre, France
14:03:11 <greenjimll> #info Jon Knight, Loughborough University
14:03:15 * fridolin waves to everybody
14:03:16 <cait> thd: have you checked the wiki?
14:03:41 <thd> cait: What do you mean?
14:03:45 <kidclamp> #topic Announcements
14:03:50 <kidclamp> anybody?
14:04:06 <georgew> #info George Williams NEKLS
14:04:13 <cait> thd: we have a list of sites/services and who cares for them
14:04:23 <jajm> #info Julian Maurice, BibLibre
14:04:30 <georgew> There is a Koha-US meeting at 10:30 US Central time this morning
14:04:46 <d_antonakis> #info Dimitris Antonakis, Greece
14:04:48 <thd> cait: I had not thought to check there, thanks.
14:05:03 <kidclamp> lets be quick then georgew :-)
14:05:04 <Joubu> #info Jonathan Druart
14:05:14 <NateC> #info Nate Curulla, ByWater
14:05:18 <kidclamp> lasty call for announcements?
14:05:23 <georgew> Sorry, I was in the other room when the meeting started
14:05:42 <kidclamp> heh, not  a complaint, just encouragement
14:05:54 <georgew> Koha-US https://kslib.zoom.us/j/450230564​, but I'm not sure of the time UTC  It's in 85 minutes
14:06:13 <georgew> Anyone is welcome
14:06:42 <kidclamp> #info Koha US meeting at 15:30 UTC - all are welcome -  https://kslib.zoom.us/j/450230564​
14:06:55 <kidclamp> #topic Update on releases
14:07:00 <kidclamp> fridolin?
14:07:28 <fridolin> for 17.11.x nothing special
14:07:44 <fridolin> lots of nice backports
14:08:10 <ashimema> I'm aiming for string freeze on the 15th as usual.. if you push anything to master before then I'll try and keep up ;)
14:08:18 <kidclamp> #info 17.11 moving along and getting  nice backports
14:08:18 <ashimema> loads of bugs fixed it feels :)
14:08:34 <kidclamp> #info 18.05 following master bug fixes, string freeze on 15th as usual
14:08:35 <fridolin> same day for string freeze
14:09:00 <kidclamp> I will push more in the next few days to allow for catching up before string freeze
14:09:16 <ashimema> barton wanted/requested a bug get backrpoted to 17.11 which wasn't trivial.. did you get back to him Frido
14:09:22 <ashimema> (or ask the original author to backport it?)
14:09:32 <kidclamp> I am pushign bugs first, and looking at features - SCSS are on my list for testing soon, will coordinate with oleonard to avoid conflict as possible
14:09:36 <ashimema> bug 20977 I tihnk
14:09:36 <huginn> 04Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=20977 major, P5 - low, ---, kyle, RESOLVED FIXED, Javascript vars used in confirm_deletion in catalog.js do not match strings in catalog-strings.inc
14:10:06 <kidclamp> #info kidclamp continuting pushing, looking at SCSS patches soon
14:10:07 <fridolin> ashimema: ah i missed this
14:10:09 <fridolin> thanks
14:10:13 <fridolin> 17.05 has got major bugs, i notices translation was nearly the same last release
14:11:30 <kidclamp> should it be avoided Fridolin? or needs attention?
14:12:31 <fridolin> kidclamp: 17.05 ?
14:12:47 <kidclamp> yup
14:12:58 <fridolin> oh no I think it means its very stable
14:13:11 <fridolin> you agree ?
14:13:13 <kidclamp> ? but it has major bugs?
14:13:16 <ashimema> You've announced an end of life for it haven't you already Fridolin?
14:13:21 <ashimema> I think we just both misread that kidclamp
14:13:22 <kidclamp> or you mean, major bugfixes
14:13:33 <fridolin> kidclamp: no I mean bugfixes indeed ;)
14:13:34 <ashimema> think he means he's been backporting all major bugs, but ntohing else :)
14:13:43 <kidclamp> hehe, I understand now
14:13:52 <ashimema> so not.. 'got major bugs' but 'backported all major bugfixes'
14:14:07 <fridolin> I think end of life for sptembre
14:14:12 <ashimema> yup
14:14:24 <fridolin> yep i have anounced that in last release
14:14:30 * ashimema steps out for the school run.. brb
14:14:33 <kidclamp> #info 17.05 has received major bugfixes and is scheduled for end of support in september
14:14:44 <ashimema> :)
14:14:46 <kidclamp> There is nothing else on the agenda
14:14:51 <fridolin> btw dont hesitate to mail me for pointing backports
14:15:04 <kidclamp> and we have dev meeting in 45 minutes
14:15:04 <fridolin> im late on reading bugzilla mails
14:15:22 <kidclamp> #info Submit any proposals for Kohacon now :-)
14:15:23 <cait> update from qa?
14:15:45 <Joubu> I use the cc field and 'xx_candidates' keyword
14:16:05 <kidclamp> cait - now or during dev?
14:16:23 <kidclamp> shoudl have just combined :-)
14:16:55 <cait> ok, just confused :)
14:17:07 <cait> just wanted to say that they are a lot of bugs, waiting for either sign-off or qa
14:17:27 <cait> i've done some sign-offs, so can't qa a lot of them now, but there are still over 50 in the queue
14:17:29 <cait> some major
14:17:45 <cait> so please all... test test test
14:18:01 <cait> especially witht he string freeze coming up again soon
14:18:53 <kidclamp> #info We need movement on the NSO queue, many bugs to be tested, including some majors
14:19:08 <kidclamp> Anyone else?
14:21:05 <kidclamp> Next meeting: August 1, 2018 20UTC?
14:22:07 <Joubu> yep
14:22:39 <thd> good
14:24:47 <ashimema> +1
14:25:21 <kidclamp> #info Next meeting: 1 August 2018, 20 UTC
14:25:31 <kidclamp> #endmeeting