21:07:39 <cait> #startmeeting General IRC meeting 2 May 2018
21:07:39 <huginn> Meeting started Wed May  2 21:07:39 2018 UTC.  The chair is cait. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
21:07:39 <huginn> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #startvote.
21:07:39 <huginn> The meeting name has been set to 'general_irc_meeting_2_may_2018'
21:07:46 <cait> #topic Introductions
21:07:46 <wahanui> #info wahanui, a bot that has become sentient
21:07:53 <cait> please introduce yourself using #info
21:07:56 <georgew> #info George Williams, Northeast Kansas Library System
21:08:10 <cait> #link https://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/General_IRC_meeting_2_May_2018 Today's agenda
21:08:13 <caroline> #info Caroline Cyr La Rose, inLibro, Canada
21:08:17 <cait> #info Katrin Fischer, BSZ, Germany
21:08:19 <davidnind> #info David Nind, Wellington, New Zealand
21:08:24 <wizzyrea> #info liz rea Catalyst NZ
21:08:26 <ClintD> #info Clint Deckard, Anact NZ
21:08:29 <rangi> #info Chris Cormack Catalyst NZ
21:08:32 <bgkriegel_> #info Bernardo Gonzalez, Cordoba, Argentina
21:08:57 <Marti-Fuerst> #info Marti Fuerst, Huntsville-Madison County Public Library, Huntsville, Alabama, USA
21:09:02 <cait> nice :)
21:09:13 <cait> giving a little more time, then moving on
21:09:20 <tcohen> #info Tomas Cohen Arazi
21:09:37 <thd> #info Thomas Dukleth, Agogme, New York City
21:09:55 <cait> moving on
21:10:00 <cait> #topic Announcements
21:10:13 <cait> #link http://dashboard.koha-community.org/ Dashboard - 20 days until release today
21:10:40 <cait> We are really close to release day now already, we are in hard feature freeze now and will enter string freeze on Friday
21:11:08 <wizzyrea> neat
21:11:13 <caroline> Friday till when?
21:11:17 <cait> #link http://koha.1045719.n5.nabble.com/Koha-18-05-release-dates-td5971005.html Release dates 18.05
21:11:33 <cait> caroline: short before release, translations are one of the last things pushed
21:12:30 <caroline> So the 18 is still good?
21:12:38 <cait> should be
21:12:45 <caroline> The french team is having a traslation blitz
21:12:48 <cait> bgkriegel_: do you know exactly?
21:13:34 <cait> We are still looking for some roles on the next release team
21:13:49 <cait> #link https://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Roles_for_18.11 Roles for 18.11
21:13:54 <bgkriegel_> I'll will update strings a couple of times before relase
21:14:01 <cait> bgkriegel++
21:14:20 <cait> we are still short a documentation team and 2 release maintainers
21:14:43 <cait> please consider signing up! Especially documentation team needs more hands... well... than zero :) way more hands
21:14:46 <tcohen> and packaging manager
21:14:47 <caroline> what do those imply?
21:14:56 <cait> correct
21:15:13 <cait> #info Still looking for release maintainers, packaging manager and documentation team - please consider signing up!
21:15:22 <cait> caroline: the maintaines or documentation?
21:15:23 <georgew> I will pass along the need for documentation team members at the next koha-us meeting
21:15:28 <caroline> docs
21:15:30 <cait> thx georgew!
21:15:43 <cait> it basically says that you will be working on the manual
21:16:13 <caroline> I'm trying to collaborate right now, but is it something more like what Lee is doing?
21:16:33 <cait> not necessarily, it would depend on the team how they organize
21:16:45 <cait> i am willing ot help with the more technical where possible
21:17:05 <cait> davidnind++ and LeeJ++ have been adding tons of tasks to a Taiga kanban for people to work on
21:17:28 <cait> i am currently working on separating the files a bit more and reorganizing
21:17:36 <cait> next i think would be adding all the new things
21:17:37 <caroline> I'm willing to be officially on the team
21:17:39 <cait> davidnind: about right?
21:18:02 <cait> caroline: :)
21:18:02 <davidnind> I am -
21:18:40 <cait> -?
21:18:40 <wahanui> hmmm... - is nengard's brain just tired or does this site lack information on what the heck it means? http://libraryrenewal.org
21:18:56 <davidnind> lots of writing to do for the manual - tasks list feels a little overwhelming at the moment, but we'll make some progress before the release I think
21:19:10 <tcohen> step by step
21:19:16 <cait> yep, the only way to do it
21:19:34 <cait> if someone wants to write, i am willing to help making patches
21:19:40 <wizzyrea> "how do you eat a whale?" "one bite at a time"
21:19:44 <thd> Documentation should be a patch along with the code for the functionality :)
21:19:44 <cait> i am not a native speaker, so happy to pair up with one :) or have you correct my writing
21:19:59 <caroline> wizzyrea: lol!
21:20:03 <cait> thd: we have a huge backlog from old releases, don't think that's going to happen soon :)
21:20:07 <davidnind> I think LeeJ's focus for us is on documenting the new features then working on the other tasks as we get time
21:20:41 <tcohen> cait: well, we introduced the requirement for release notes description, that shoul dhelp
21:20:42 <cait> i am splitting in order to get the translation files a bit smaller too
21:20:44 <cait> easier to handle
21:21:20 <wizzyrea> I think it will load more nicely and faster if it's split too
21:21:28 <cait> and the TOCs are shorter
21:21:35 <cait> https://tree.taiga.io/project/ldjamison-kohadocs-1805/us/22 is where i am at
21:21:42 <cait> feel free to disagree/add others
21:21:44 <cait> :)
21:22:15 <cait> #info documentation team and anyone who wants to join it will work on adding new features/enh to the manual
21:22:46 <cait> anything else to add?
21:23:17 <cait> we drifted off a little, but i'd like to suggest having a separate election meeting in 2 weeks
21:23:19 <cait> or 1 week?
21:23:19 <wahanui> i guess 1 week is a bit short ;)
21:23:26 <cait> before 22nd :)
21:25:00 <davidnind> happy with either
21:25:15 <cait> 16 may?  16 utc?
21:25:19 <davidnind> two meetings next week on same day - dev meeting + documentation
21:25:31 <caroline> next week there are already two irc meetings i think, so 2 weeks would be better
21:26:01 <cait> ok, so stick with 16th then
21:26:19 <thd> The 23rd should not be fatal
21:26:37 <thd> 13 UTC please
21:27:09 <davidnind> 16 UTC https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=Koha+General+IRC+Meeting+18-11+Election&iso=20180516T1600
21:27:30 <davidnind> 13 UTC https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=Koha+General+IRC+Meeting+18-11+Election&iso=20180516T1300
21:27:45 <cait> i hink nz is out either way
21:27:55 <cait> hard to find a good one
21:28:27 <cait> 13 UTC ok for people otherwise? for europe it would work well i think
21:28:48 <cait> and i htink for US
21:28:50 <cait> mostly
21:29:02 <thd> Would NZ be out with UTC 16?
21:29:08 <cait> yes
21:29:09 <caroline> eastern us/canada is good, its like 9am
21:29:29 <cait> basically everything that works for europe doesn't work well for NZ i think
21:29:52 <davidnind> yes - NZ = 4am, but pcan put a note on agenda or roles page I guess
21:30:04 <cait> #info A general IRC meeting will be held in 2 weeks time for elections, 16 May 2018, 13 UTC
21:30:05 <cait> yep
21:30:11 <thd> It is hardly as if there are contested seats in the election.
21:30:12 <cait> you can alway sdo that to make your opinion known for a vote
21:30:51 <cait> #info Please feel free to add comments/vote on the apologies section of the agenda wiki page if you can't attend
21:30:56 <cait> ok, moving on?
21:30:57 <thd> When we do have an issue of real contest we have had a vote over several days
21:31:22 <cait> #topic Update on releases
21:31:30 <cait> RM?
21:31:34 <cait> Joubu?
21:31:34 <wahanui> rumour has it Joubu is not sure how to fix that correctly
21:31:37 <cait> RMaints?
21:31:37 <wahanui> rumour has it RMaints is kidclamp (17.11), fridolin (17.05), rangi (16.11)
21:31:47 <cait> trying to ping them
21:31:52 <rangi> 16.11 is retired
21:32:07 <cait> what's it doing now with all the free time?
21:32:08 <davidnind> Has put in apologies - update from dev meeting is here: http://meetings.koha-community.org/2018/development_irc_meeting_25_april_2018.2018-04-25-21.02.log.html
21:32:24 <cait> thx davidnind
21:32:43 <cait> #info For update on 18.05 see http://meetings.koha-community.org/2018/development_irc_meeting_25_april_2018.2018-04-25-21.02.log.html
21:32:48 <cait> #info 16.11 is retired
21:33:06 <cait> there are no othe rtopics on the agenda, anything to add?
21:34:22 <cait> just quickly looking up how to do the ending so that the auto-creation of th enew wiki page works right
21:34:27 <davidnind> nothing to add from me...:)
21:34:54 <cait> #info Next meeting: 16 May 2018, 13 UTC
21:35:06 <cait> I don't chair so often anymore, always forget :)
21:35:12 <cait> ok, ending the meeting hten - thx for being here!
21:35:20 <cait> #endmeeting