13:01:08 <ashimema> #startmeeting Development IRC meeting 11 September 2019
13:01:08 <huginn> Meeting started Wed Sep 11 13:01:08 2019 UTC.  The chair is ashimema. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
13:01:08 <huginn> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #startvote.
13:01:08 <huginn> The meeting name has been set to 'development_irc_meeting_11_september_2019'
13:01:13 <ashimema> #topic Introductions
13:01:43 <ashimema> #info Please introduce yourselves with your name preceeded by #info to have your precense noted in the minutes
13:01:48 <oleonard> #info Owen Leonard, Athens County Public Libraries, Ohio, USA
13:01:49 <thd> #info Thomas Dukleth, Agogme, New York City
13:01:51 <ashimema> #info Martin Renvoize, PTFS Europe
13:02:00 <marcelr> #info Marcel de Rooy, Netherlands
13:02:23 <ashimema> typo's  already
13:02:39 <marcelr> presence
13:02:50 <ashimema> indeed
13:03:01 * oleonard pokes bag, khall, lukeG1, any ByWater folks
13:03:05 <ashimema> grr... /me should learn not to multi-task
13:03:32 <davidnind> #info David Nind, New Zealand
13:03:45 <ashimema> we'll wait a minute or two.. I think a few of them added things ot the agenda
13:04:21 <oleonard> I see tcohen did
13:05:01 <inlibro> blou: #info, Philippe Blouin, Montréal
13:10:19 <oleonard> So...
13:10:35 <ashimema> #topic Announcements
13:11:26 <ashimema> #info We are nearing the end of the RM's 'Adventurous pushing window'.. two weeks to go, after which I want to re-focus the team on bugfixes and polishing of existing pushed features.
13:11:29 <ashimema> anyone else?
13:13:13 <magnuse> #info Magnus Enger, Libriotech, Norway
13:13:40 <ashimema> #topic Update from the Release manager
13:14:06 <ashimema> #info Things have been ticking along, all be it slowly the last month during that deadly summer period.
13:14:41 <ashimema> #info I'm hoping QA will pickup again now we're nearing the end of the summer break in europe..
13:14:59 <ashimema> #topic Updates from the Release Maintainers
13:15:02 <ashimema> rmaints?
13:16:59 <ashimema> :(
13:17:18 <ashimema> so.. we don't have any rmaints around it seems
13:17:52 <ashimema> I think they're managing the load reasonably at the moment.. the bz queues look reasonably low
13:18:14 <ashimema> #info Looking at BZ, rmaints seem to be keeping up.. no report from them directly due to absence today.
13:18:37 <ashimema> cait
13:18:42 <ashimema> you around?
13:18:46 <ashimema> #topic Updates from the QA team
13:19:59 <marcelr> no updates?
13:20:11 <ashimema> no cait :(
13:20:22 <ashimema> fancy having a go marcelr?
13:20:32 <ashimema> you're on the team after all...
13:20:41 <marcelr> nothing special, queue looks normal
13:20:53 <ashimema> cait tells me bywater are trying to get back to 'SO/QA Fridays' which will be nice
13:21:12 <marcelr> bywater++
13:22:12 <ashimema> #info QA is as ever.. always more to do.
13:22:26 <ashimema> #info Bywater are trying to get back to 'SO/QA Fridays'
13:23:01 <magnuse> bywater++
13:24:26 <ashimema> moving on
13:24:29 <ashimema> #topic General development discussion
13:24:45 <ashimema> tcohen.. I think you added all the topics here...
13:27:11 <ashimema> #topic API: Bug 16825 Get an item endpoint
13:27:11 <huginn> 04Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=16825 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, johanna.raisa, Passed QA , Add API route for getting an item
13:27:47 <ashimema> #info We need to vote on the endpoints as implimented, just to be consistent with prior API guidlines.
13:28:13 <ashimema> #info Katrin, Tomas and I have all looked at it and don't see anything standing out as incorrectly termed.
13:28:23 <ashimema> do we think we're corate for a vote on this?
13:28:34 * magnuse gotta run
13:28:46 <marcelr> i assume not many looked at the details ?
13:29:21 <ashimema> indeed.. it got caught late in QA that there was never a proper RFC submitted for it.
13:29:24 * thd looked at all the details found.
13:29:39 <marcelr> great thd
13:30:07 <marcelr> ashimema: i would just follow your recommendations here
13:30:18 <marcelr> in the absence of looking at the details myself ;)
13:30:51 <ashimema> I'll grab tcohen to discus as a final check and then give a yeay or neigh
13:31:18 <ashimema> #info RM will discus with tcohen, as closest to the API's currently, and will likely push soon.
13:31:41 <ashimema> #topic API: Public patron's privacy settings
13:32:38 <ashimema> this one looks sane to me, and easily digestable if people want to take a quick 30s look before taking a vote..
13:35:29 <ashimema> I feel like I'm talking to myself at this point.
13:35:59 <marcelr> same for all api proposals..
13:36:08 <ashimema> indeed
13:36:23 <marcelr> only last one looks a bit more out of the ordinary
13:36:35 <ashimema> #info RM will discus with tcohen and make a decision as we're not corrate for a vote
13:36:51 <oleonard> I'm getting more up to speed on the api but still not able to give constructive criticism
13:36:53 <ashimema> #topic API: Bug 23517 Holds priorities
13:36:53 <huginn> 04Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=23517 normal, P5 - low, ---, tomascohen, Needs Signoff , Add /holds/{hold_id}/priority route (PUT)
13:37:06 * oleonard was just about to test that one
13:37:16 <ashimema> #info RM will discus with tcohen and make a decision as we're not corrate for a vote
13:37:44 <marcelr> we might need some more info on HAL too; how widely accepted etc ?
13:38:54 <ashimema> #topic API: Proposal for related resources, or objects that need to embed others: use Accept application/hal+json and follow the draft spec for HAL
13:39:31 * oleonard is lost on this one
13:39:35 <ashimema> #info I'm going to use this one as a 'set homework'.. can anyone who has a stake in the API come back to the next meeting with an opinion on HAL
13:39:58 <ashimema> A little bit of research for peeps.. I'm also not up to date enough on my knowledge there.
13:40:25 <ashimema> #topic Review of coding guidelines
13:40:30 <ashimema> #info Nothing to review at this time
13:40:43 <ashimema> #topic Set time of next meeting
13:40:47 <ashimema> Right.. always fun..
13:40:57 <ashimema> my apolgies for his one being thrown in and having missed the last one..
13:41:33 <ashimema> I imagine many are busy with the 'back to school' period for academic customers and things.. so two weeks seems a reasonable gap again.
13:41:50 <ashimema> and the late time to try an catch NZ
13:41:50 * oleonard sees hackfest on the calendar and get sad
13:42:06 <thd> Much too busy with back to school customers :)
13:43:28 <ashimema> 25 ok with people.. then we can raise anyting we may want to raise at the hackfest with a few days to spare.
13:43:51 <oleonard> Fine with me
13:43:51 <davidnind> +1
13:44:00 <thd> Late announcement wiki database migration is working with warnings to check.
13:45:23 <ashimema> #info Next meeting: 25 September 2019, 21:00 UTC
13:45:27 <ashimema> sorted
13:45:32 <davidnind> great news
13:45:33 <ashimema> #endmeeting