14:01:33 <ashimema> #startmeeting Development IRC meeting 12 June 2019
14:01:33 <huginn`> Meeting started Wed Jun 12 14:01:33 2019 UTC.  The chair is ashimema. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
14:01:33 <huginn`> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #startvote.
14:01:33 <huginn`> The meeting name has been set to 'development_irc_meeting_12_june_2019'
14:01:42 <greenjimll> #info Jon Knight, Loughborough University
14:01:47 <ashimema> #chair cait
14:01:47 <huginn`> Current chairs: ashimema cait
14:02:05 <cait> #info Katrin Fischer, BSZ, Germany
14:02:09 <ashimema> #topic Introductions
14:02:27 <ashimema> #info Martin Renvoize - PTFS Europe
14:02:35 <oleonard> #info Owen Leonard, Athens County Public Libraries, USA
14:03:35 <ashimema> no rmaint?
14:03:41 <khall> #info Kyle, ByWater Solutions
14:03:41 <wizzyrea> #info Liz Rea
14:03:49 <ashimema> no rmaints?
14:04:01 <cait> wizzyrea:
14:04:05 <cait> is an rmaint :)
14:04:06 <ashimema> #topic Announcements
14:04:09 <tcohen> #info Tomas Cohen Arazi, Theke Solutions
14:04:47 <ashimema> Has anyone got any anouncements?
14:05:00 <ashimema> #info Nick Clemens is working on testing the circulations rules rewrite
14:05:30 <ashimema> #info Nick Clemens is working through the 'In discussion' queue to bring things back to life
14:05:46 <ashimema> #info Nick Clemens sends his appologies, clash of meetings today
14:06:00 <oleonard> [off] info: Nick Clements is a necromancer
14:06:29 <ashimema> #info Martin Renvoize is getting back the the Accounts Rewrite bugs
14:06:33 <ashimema> any others
14:07:55 <ashimema> #info I will be starting to push enhancements again as of next week, but starting with the least impact ones, so please keep working through bugs as high priority
14:08:14 <wizzyrea> good plan ty
14:08:43 <ashimema> #topic Update from the release manager
14:08:46 <ashimema> sort of just did it above.. oops
14:09:21 <ashimema> #topic Updates from the release maintainers
14:09:30 <ashimema> rmaints?
14:09:30 <wahanui> it has been said that rmaints is fridolin, lucas and wizzyrea
14:09:35 <Joubu> #info Jonathan Druart
14:09:43 <wizzyrea> I'm just about ready to start pushing things for 18.05
14:09:58 <wizzyrea> probably will start seeing things today or tomorrow
14:10:15 <wizzyrea> assuming I've got all of my access in place
14:10:18 <ashimema> :)
14:10:34 <lukeG> i started pushing to 18.11 yesterday, more to come today :)
14:10:39 <cait> #info wizzyrea to start pushing to 18.05 soon
14:10:48 <fridolin> yop, I'm warming up for 19.05, started pushing
14:11:04 <fridolin> and Jenkins job for D9 exists with blue color
14:11:07 <fridolin> \o/
14:11:15 <ashimema> shout if you have any issues wizzyrea.. I have the magic keys to the kingdom to sort most permissions now.
14:11:15 <Joubu> Two majors, that must be in 19.05.01:
14:11:27 <cait> #info lukeG and fridolin started pushing to 18.11 and 19.05
14:11:31 <Joubu> bug 23095 and bug 23104
14:11:32 <huginn`> 04Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=23095 major, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Signed Off , Circulation rules not displayed (empty vs null)
14:11:33 <huginn`> 04Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=23104 major, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, ASSIGNED , Regression (18925) in circ rules - unlimited vs 0
14:11:45 <cait> yes, also a shout out to the QA team there
14:11:49 <cait> please QA
14:12:28 <ashimema> #info We made jenkins happy again for the Ubuntu builds.. not the most elegant fix but it appears to work
14:12:31 <wizzyrea> thanks ashimema
14:12:38 <ashimema> #info Two majors need to be pushed for the 19.05.01 release still.
14:12:52 <ashimema> shall we move onto updates from qa then
14:12:59 <ashimema> #topic Updates from the QA team
14:13:31 <ashimema> #info bug 23095 is in dire need of SO and QA
14:13:38 <ashimema> #info bug 23104 is in dire need of SO and QA
14:14:18 <greenjimll> 23095 is already signed off
14:15:01 * ashimema misread
14:15:05 <ashimema> needs QA though :)
14:16:01 <ashimema> any more cait?
14:16:07 <cait> oh sorry, missed the topic change
14:16:21 <cait> just focus on the bugs (vs enh) - they have piled up quite a bit with majors
14:16:40 <tuxayo> > Nick Clemens is working on testing the circulations rules rewrite
14:16:41 <tuxayo> :D
14:16:42 <tuxayo> kidclamp++
14:16:52 <cait> #info Please focus on bugs, 25 out of the 54 waiting, including majors
14:17:19 <cait> also... pay attention to weekly emails ;)
14:17:39 <cait> there are some patche related to Mana that I'd like to see pushed
14:17:40 <ashimema> #topic General development discussion
14:17:46 <cait> and... signed off QA'd before that
14:17:47 <cait> oh
14:17:57 <cait> just: 8 majors!
14:18:03 * ashimema runs for school run.. 5 mins and I'll be back to continue
14:18:13 <cait> i will take over until then ;)
14:18:22 <cait> did someone bring a topic?
14:19:05 <cait> so I suggest moving on
14:19:09 <oleonard> I have what I think is a pretty nice enhancement ready for testing: Bug 23013
14:19:09 <huginn`> 04Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=23013 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, Needs Signoff , Upgrade DataTables in the staff client
14:19:13 <cait> ah :)
14:19:27 <cait> can you tell us a bit more?
14:19:31 <oleonard> Too big to post a patch to Bugzilla, unfortunately, which makes testing more difficult
14:19:54 <oleonard> it's an upgrade to Datatables which combines and minifies the various scripts we use
14:20:13 <oleonard> It includes a style update for the Datatables toolbar (info, pagination, buttons)
14:20:47 <cait> oleonard++
14:20:59 <cait> i did training recently and the datatables especiallywith the new export options were a big hit
14:21:19 <cait> #info bug 21013 waits for some attention - update to datatables, test with a remote branch
14:21:19 <huginn`> 04Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=21013 normal, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, RESOLVED FIXED, Missing itemtype for checkut makes patron summary print explode
14:21:25 <cait> ugh
14:21:29 <cait> i can't be trusted with numbers
14:21:41 <cait> #info Correction: Bug 23013 - sorry!
14:21:54 <cait> moving on then?
14:22:08 <cait> #topic Review of coding guidelines
14:22:12 <cait> anyone?
14:23:25 <ashimema> You were to quick.. lol
14:24:04 <cait> you can take over again :)
14:24:09 <ashimema> I have reached out to some support company directors as part of my commitment to trying to improve Dev practices a bit
14:24:20 <ashimema> Positive responses from paul_p and bag so far
14:25:26 <ashimema> I hope to start getting use collaborating a little better on some of the more challenging Devs... Getting commitment to the SO/QA flow up front for some of them and having it scheduled into their own internal management processes a bit
14:25:36 <ashimema> Will report more as soon as I have more..
14:26:26 <ashimema> Next step is to find a couple of developments to concentrate on as a trial for this slightly more formal collaboration
14:26:55 <Joubu> I can provide patches for that :D
14:27:01 <ashimema> Back to you for a minute Cait.. kids being thrown out  into the rain now
14:28:19 <ashimema> Will catch you about that later today if that's ok Joubu.. I was thinking we could probably put a few out there
14:28:43 <cait> i can't add to that
14:28:51 <cait> should we set the date for next meeting?
14:29:15 <wizzyrea> oh good was about to say I have to leave this meeting early <3 thank you all for your hard work
14:29:28 <Joubu> wait a min, a quick thought
14:29:33 <ashimema> I also have notes form kohacon of things companies are working on.. so should be able to pick a couple from that where I can already see there's overlap
14:29:49 <ashimema> Can't or can Cait?
14:29:57 <ashimema> Raining.. my typing is getting bad
14:29:58 <Joubu> could we imagine removing the ability to update a bug report status once it has been set to resolved?
14:30:22 <Joubu> (that can be problematic in few cases however)
14:30:32 <ashimema> Yes.. ltd set next date
14:30:33 <ashimema> Go Joubu
14:32:42 <Joubu> well I... asked already
14:32:57 <Joubu> set the next meeting date, will ask later
14:33:15 <ashimema> Rain is making it near impossible for me to type.. sorry
14:33:51 <cait> #chair Joubu
14:33:51 <huginn`> Current chairs: Joubu ashimema cait
14:33:52 <cait> could you?
14:33:58 <ashimema> Would be an interesting idea Joubu.. I like it
14:34:02 <cait> sorry, distracted as well
14:34:03 <ashimema> I have other Bugzilla things I want to bring up again.. next meeting
14:34:26 <cait> Joubu: can you explain the use case?
14:34:56 <ashimema> Two weeks again.. later time slot
14:35:34 <ashimema> That ok with everyone.. can't remember the alternate. Time slot off the top of head
14:36:27 <Joubu> We should push people to open new bug report, not reopening them
14:36:49 <cait> Joubu: ok, but sometiems it's useful :)
14:36:58 <oleonard> Joubu: I don't think it happens often enough to warrant that change
14:37:00 <cait> if someone closes because they think fixed but it isn'
14:37:00 <Joubu> the problematic case: someone close it as "fixed" but they did not understand the real issue
14:37:00 <greenjimll> 26th July at 19:00 UTC?
14:37:00 <cait> t
14:37:07 <Joubu> ok
14:37:21 <Joubu> it happens quite a lot :) At least once a week
14:38:15 <greenjimll> Maybe make it impossible to reopen resolved cases after a "cooling off period". We do similar with our internal ticketing system.
14:39:39 <ashimema> I would like a 'new dependant bug' option myself
14:40:05 <ashimema> Then it would be easy to open a new bug and get back to the original e contexte
14:41:13 <oleonard> ashimema: That's what the "clone" option is for isn't it?
14:43:54 <ashimema> I got told not to use clone by Joubu
14:44:27 <ashimema> I think
14:44:29 <ashimema> Shall we continue this discussion out of the meeting and bring a proposal to the next meeting
14:44:44 <oleonard> Fine with me
14:44:46 <Joubu> yes
14:48:08 <oleonard> Is everyone already gone? :)
14:49:13 <oleonard> I think July 17 at 19:00 UTC would be one month out and in line with the time rotation
14:49:41 <oleonard> Or are we sticking with every two weeks?
14:54:06 <ashimema> I'm happy with two weeks if people are able to make it.. keeps things moving.. even if it's a short meeting it provokes conversations
14:54:15 <ashimema> Especially as we have Bugzilla ideas the raise after this meeting brought some thoughts
14:54:49 <oleonard> 26 June at 19:00 UTC
14:55:44 <ashimema> Perfect
14:56:31 <tcohen> sorry, technical issues on my end
14:56:38 <tcohen> just got the OS back :-D
14:57:22 <oleonard> While you were gone we elected you permanent chair for all future meetings tcohen
14:57:36 <tcohen> oh noes!
14:57:46 <ashimema> #info Next meeting: 26 June 2019, 19:00 UTC
14:58:45 <ashimema> my irc client is stuffed
14:58:46 <ashimema> `
14:59:31 <ashimema> #info Next meeting: 26 Jun 2019, 19:00 UTC
14:59:42 <ashimema> #endmeeting