14:04:54 <kidclamp> #startmeeting Development IRC meeting 13 March 2019
14:04:54 <huginn`> Meeting started Wed Mar 13 14:04:54 2019 UTC.  The chair is kidclamp. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
14:04:54 <huginn`> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #startvote.
14:04:54 <huginn`> The meeting name has been set to 'development_irc_meeting_13_march_2019'
14:04:59 <kidclamp> #topic Introductions
14:05:14 <kidclamp> #info Nick Clemens, ByWater Solutions
14:05:21 <ashimema> #info Martin Renvoize, PTFS-Europe
14:05:31 <kidclamp> #chair cait, ashimema
14:05:31 <huginn`> Current chairs: ashimema cait kidclamp
14:05:37 <cc_> #info Colin Campbell, PTFS-Europe
14:05:38 <calire> #info Claire Gravely, BSZ
14:05:41 <greenjimll> #info Jon Knight, Loughborough University
14:05:45 <oleonard> #info Owen Leonard, Athens County Public Libraries, Ohio, USA
14:06:37 <josef_moravec> #info Josef Moravec
14:07:46 <thd> #info Thomas Dukleth, Agogme, New York City [with a profoundly terrible case of the flu]
14:09:03 <kidclamp> #info Announcements
14:09:14 <kidclamp> #topic Announcements
14:09:21 <kidclamp> anyone?
14:09:33 <ashimema> We should welcome Javier to the world ;)
14:09:37 <oleonard> #link https://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Development_IRC_meeting_13_March_2019 Agenda
14:09:41 <wizzyrea> ahhh BABIES
14:09:42 <tallestjoy> #info Joy Nelson, ByWater Solutions
14:09:43 <wizzyrea> also hi
14:10:03 <wizzyrea> #info Liz Rea ... uhhhh idk, community person
14:10:23 <khall> #info Kyle M Hall, ByWater Solutions
14:10:34 <oleonard> #info Javier, newest Koha Baby, congratulations tcohen and family!
14:11:12 * ashimema wonders if wizzyrea should introduce herself formally with what her role is ;)
14:11:41 <oleonard> I would like to announce that I'm still looking for eyes on Bug 22318
14:11:41 <huginn`> 04Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=22318 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, Needs Signoff , Extend Koha news feature to include other content areas
14:12:42 <wizzyrea> i love it so much
14:12:51 <wizzyrea> i want to hug that bug
14:12:58 * ashimema runs to door for delivery.. brb
14:13:40 <kidclamp> moving on?
14:14:03 <cait> #info Katrin Fischer, BSZ, Germany
14:14:05 <cait> sorry
14:14:14 <kidclamp> #topic Update from the Release manager (19.05)
14:14:22 <magnuse> #info Magnus Enger, Libriotech, Norway
14:14:24 <kidclamp> that's me :-)
14:14:51 <kidclamp> um..pushing stuff, testing stuff, some major and blocker there, halp!
14:14:56 <kidclamp> but things are going well
14:15:11 <cait> #info 1 blocker, 3 criticals and 24 majors - please help!
14:15:13 <kidclamp> ILL is next in my msights
14:15:37 <cait> kidclamp: have you thought about freeze dates yet?
14:15:47 <cait> 70 days now heh
14:15:48 <kidclamp> I have not, will do for next meeting
14:15:53 <cait> thx :)
14:15:53 * ashimema write patches for the blocker last night.
14:16:52 <kidclamp> that's all that's on my head right now unless questions
14:17:34 <ashimema> moving on?
14:18:08 * cait waves at the incredible davidnind
14:18:22 <kidclamp> #topic Updates from the Release Maintainers
14:18:42 <davidnind> hi cait!
14:19:01 <ashimema> #info 18.11.x moving along nicely, nothing special to report
14:20:08 <cait> fridolin: ?
14:20:16 <cait> JesseM: ?
14:20:37 <JesseM> Hola
14:21:55 <JesseM> #info 18.05.x is moving along nicely as well. :)
14:23:21 <cait> moving on?
14:23:42 <alex_a> I see that some open bugs in bugzilla are related to Mana server and not Koha. So should we create a "Mana" project on BZ ? Should we post issues on github (need to clone the repo on community gitlab or other) ?
14:23:51 <alex_a> cc cait kidclamp Joubu
14:24:18 <wizzyrea> I think a new project would be good
14:24:22 <cait> i have actually opened a bug requesting mana as a topic for  project
14:24:27 <cait> we don't have a new project for hea
14:24:33 <wizzyrea> or a component
14:25:00 <kidclamp> changing topic, this is discussion for general maybe?
14:25:07 <cait> I thin it would fit as a component in project Project Infrastructure
14:25:14 <alex_a> cait, where are posted issues for HEA?
14:25:15 <wizzyrea> hm that's not a bad idea
14:25:26 <cait> #link https://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/enter_bug.cgi?product=Project%20Infrastructure
14:25:39 <kidclamp> #topic Updates from the QA team
14:25:50 <kidclamp> qa_team?
14:25:50 <wahanui> it has been said that qa_team is cait alex_a jajm khall josef_moravec ashimema Joubu marcelr tcohen rangi
14:25:56 <cait> when is the next general?
14:26:00 <cait> I have already filed a bug :)
14:26:07 <cait> suggestiong a rephrase of the mana server email
14:26:30 <cait> ok qa team news then
14:26:56 <kidclamp> Next general is April 3
14:26:56 <cait> #info As kidclamp said there is a rising number of bad bugs in various states of fixing or not fixed yet, please help with those
14:27:25 <cait> #info Queue is at about 50, which is not super good, but also not bad. Things are mostly moving along nicely. Thx Team!
14:27:45 <cait> #info There are several 'new features' bugs that we should be looking at soon
14:27:54 <cait> anything to add?
14:28:07 <cait> ah
14:28:09 <greenjimll> Is there an indicator in Bugzilla we should take notice of for "bad bugs"? Importance?
14:28:18 <cait> greenjimll: if you look at the dashboard
14:28:25 <cait> click on the 'overall bug tracker health status'
14:28:38 <cait> but they are blocker, cirtical and major
14:28:43 <cait> it's filtering on those
14:28:43 <oleonard> #link https://dashboard.koha-community.org/ Dashboard
14:28:56 <cait> the dashboard gives you a good overview
14:29:03 <greenjimll> Ah, that's not linked from the bugzilla home page is it?
14:29:34 <cait> i think there is something like shared searches you can add
14:29:49 <cait> not sure if it's possible to edit the common queries on the start page
14:30:26 <cait> especially happy about the ILL patches being mostly resolved now josef_moravec++
14:30:31 <cait> AndrewIsh++ khall++
14:30:36 <cait> thx anyone who helped there
14:30:36 <oleonard> greenjimll: If you wanted to find them in Bugzilla you'd have to do an advanced search on "severity"
14:31:16 <cait> would be nice to get some more comments on bug 21824 - currently the oldest
14:31:16 <huginn`> 04Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=21824 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, kyle, Signed Off , Add ability to format dates in various formats in templates
14:31:16 <greenjimll> oleonard - OK. Its just that lots of the dev docs point to bugzilla, not to a separate dashboard.
14:32:15 <cait> the dashboard is a really helpful tool - if you think it fits in some documentation we shoudl add it probably
14:33:09 <wizzyrea> it's linked from the website
14:33:39 <oleonard> wizzyrea++
14:33:54 <wizzyrea> a link from bz might be nice
14:34:23 <ashimema> I use the dashboard all the time
14:34:26 <cait> @later tell rangi would it be possible to add a link to the dashboard from bugzilla? (start page?)
14:34:26 <huginn`> cait: The operation succeeded.
14:34:30 <ashimema> be nice to give it wider coverages in docs
14:34:48 <cait> moving on?
14:34:58 <wizzyrea> in fact it's linked from the home page
14:35:03 <wizzyrea> "project dashboard"
14:35:21 <cait> bugzilla? or wiki?
14:36:04 <oleonard> k-c.org
14:36:28 <greenjimll> "Project Dashboard" doesn't really give much away though if you don't know you need to be looking for it! :-)
14:37:01 <wizzyrea> it's on the home page of the wiki as well
14:37:15 <wizzyrea> (automatically updated overview of development activities)
14:37:31 <kidclamp> #topic General development discussion (trends, ideas, ...)
14:37:35 <greenjimll> OK, its every where and I'm just stupid. :-)
14:37:46 <wizzyrea> :) nah just didn't know and that's ok
14:37:53 <ashimema> anywhere in particular you think it would be good to mention it greenjimll
14:38:17 <kidclamp> #link https://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Checkouts_endpoint_RFC
14:38:56 <josef_moravec> I tried to reflect all comments and question on the Checkouts endpoint RFC
14:39:25 <cait> thx for taking my comments into account for checkout_date
14:39:28 <cait> checkin_date
14:39:55 <josef_moravec> changed the /renewable endpoint to /allows_renewal, as cait pointed, but I am open to disscussion, of course ;)
14:40:13 <greenjimll> ashimema: Probably in the text of https://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Developer_handbook
14:40:26 <josef_moravec> and there is now definition of allow_renewal endpoint response object
14:40:27 <cait> starting point was: Maybe instead of renewability... loanability... we should do something like: allows_renewal, allows_checkout ..
14:40:36 <greenjimll> ashimema: its just in there as an autogenerated external link at the moment with no explanation/context.
14:40:48 <josef_moravec> thanks cait, yes
14:42:00 <josef_moravec> any concerns? doubts? questions?
14:42:12 <ashimema> looks good to me josef
14:43:01 <cait> total_renewals
14:43:25 <cait> why not 'max_renewals'?
14:43:38 <cait> it hink total and current are not clear, could be the same
14:43:40 <josef_moravec> cait: sound good to me
14:43:59 <josef_moravec> great point, I will update it, it does make sense
14:44:01 <cait> native speakers?
14:44:24 <ashimema> max_ ++
14:44:37 <josef_moravec> wiki updated
14:44:48 <greenjimll> max_renewals makes more sense than total_renewals if it is a maximum
14:45:25 <josef_moravec> yes, it is maximum allowed renewals
14:45:28 <cait> hm used_renewals? current is ok just thinking
14:46:03 <josef_moravec> i am not sure here, i thought about used_renewals as a candidate too
14:46:19 <josef_moravec> I would be ok with both
14:46:26 <ashimema> less characters in 'used'.. which makes lazy devs happy
14:46:34 <josef_moravec> ashimema: ;)
14:47:05 <josef_moravec> ashimema: which one are you able to write down more quickly?
14:47:06 <josef_moravec> ;)
14:48:21 <ashimema> lol
14:48:29 <josef_moravec> anybody else? should we change it to used_, or stay with current_ ?
14:49:16 <kidclamp> i think either works fine
14:49:54 <cait> no strong opinion
14:50:05 <josef_moravec> ok, so are we ready to vote?
14:50:10 <cait> andreashm: current_renewals or used_renewals?
14:50:17 <cait> quick!
14:50:27 <andreashm> huh?
14:50:42 <josef_moravec> andreashm: https://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Checkouts_endpoint_RFC
14:52:12 <andreashm> current_renewals probably, I would say.
14:52:21 <andreashm> But I may have changed my mind in 5 min....
14:53:08 <ashimema> current it is then :)
14:53:45 <josef_moravec> we should start vote quickly, before we all change our minds ;)
14:54:07 * ashimema digs out how
14:54:11 <cait> current is ok
14:54:27 <cait> #start vote question? (options,options)
14:54:35 <cait> the difficult part is phrasing it as a question ):
14:54:36 <cait> :)
14:54:58 <kidclamp> shoudl we adopt the endpoints RFC as defined https://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Checkouts_endpoint_RFC?
14:55:02 <cait> and #startvote
14:55:13 <ashimema> #startvote Do we agree on the checkouts endpoint as it stands now? yes,no
14:55:13 <huginn`> Begin voting on: Do we agree on the checkouts endpoint as it stands now? Valid vote options are yes, no.
14:55:13 <huginn`> Vote using '#vote OPTION'. Only your last vote counts.
14:55:26 <cait> #yes
14:55:28 <cait> #vote yes
14:55:31 <kidclamp> #vote yes
14:55:34 <ashimema> lol
14:55:38 <josef_moravec> #vote yes
14:55:46 <cc_> #vote yes
14:55:49 <ashimema> #vote yes
14:55:51 <davidnind> #vote yes
14:55:55 <tallestjoy> #vote yes
14:56:05 <calire> #vote yes
14:56:11 <thd> #vote yes
14:56:38 <greenjimll> #vote yes
14:57:12 <ashimema> that was quick.. any more for any more?
14:57:40 <ashimema> happy...
14:57:42 <ashimema> 3...
14:57:54 <ashimema> 2...
14:58:27 <ashimema> 1...
14:58:30 <ashimema> #endvote
14:58:30 <huginn`> Voted on "Do we agree on the checkouts endpoint as it stands now?" Results are
14:58:30 <huginn`> yes (10): greenjimll, cc_, cait, calire, josef_moravec, ashimema, davidnind, kidclamp, tallestjoy, thd
14:59:39 <ashimema> so.. what's next
15:00:00 <kidclamp> #topic Review of coding guidelines
15:00:07 <kidclamp> nothign here, moving on? :-)
15:00:11 <cait> yep
15:00:19 <kidclamp> #topic Set time of next meeting
15:00:26 <cait> thx kidclamp++
15:00:37 <kidclamp> March 27, 20UTC?
15:01:04 <kidclamp> thank you cait and ashimema for keeping it going while I was in a meeting
15:01:42 <ashimema> 27th works for me
15:01:49 <josef_moravec> +1
15:02:44 <kidclamp> #info Next meeting: 27 March 2019, 20 UTC
15:02:52 <kidclamp> #endmeeting