14:02:58 <Joubu> #startmeeting Development IRC meeting 15 May 2019
14:02:58 <huginn`> Meeting started Wed May 15 14:02:58 2019 UTC.  The chair is Joubu. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
14:02:58 <huginn`> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #startvote.
14:02:58 <huginn`> The meeting name has been set to 'development_irc_meeting_15_may_2019'
14:03:04 <Joubu> #topic Introductions
14:03:10 <Joubu> #link https://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Development_IRC_meeting_15_May_2019
14:03:15 <Joubu> #info Jonathan Druart
14:03:17 <oleonard> [off] Sorry, can't stay!
14:03:24 <kidclamp> #info Nick Clemens, ByWater Solutions
14:03:36 <thd> #info Thomas Dukleth, Agogme, New York City
14:03:37 <Joubu> #chair kidclamp tcohen cait
14:03:37 <huginn`> Current chairs: Joubu cait kidclamp tcohen
14:03:49 <wizzyrea> #info Liz Rea, doer of things
14:03:54 <m23_> #info Michal Denar
14:04:27 <ashimema> #info Martin Renvoize - PTFS Europe
14:04:43 <Joubu> qa_team? rmaints?
14:04:46 <Joubu> qa_team?
14:04:46 <wahanui> i think qa_team is cait alex_a jajm khall josef_moravec ashimema Joubu marcelr tcohen rangi
14:04:48 <Joubu> rmaints?
14:04:48 <wahanui> i guess rmaints is ashimema and fridolin are the rmaints
14:04:55 <fridolin> yep
14:05:11 <fridolin> #info Fridolin Somers, Biblibre, France
14:05:29 <fridolin> under a shining sun ;)
14:05:38 <Joubu> #topic Announcements
14:05:43 <Joubu> Anyone have something?
14:06:37 * fridolin is about to release a plugin for Matomo(ex Piwik) https://git.biblibre.com/biblibre/koha-plugin-opac-matomo
14:06:59 <tcohen> \o
14:07:21 <tcohen> Theke has submitted bug 22835, to make plugins all-API driven
14:07:21 <huginn`> 04Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=22835 new feature, P5 - low, ---, agustinmoyano, Signed Off , Serve static files from plugins through the API
14:07:25 <tcohen> and self contained
14:07:50 <fridolin> \o/
14:07:52 <Joubu> #info Fridolin is going to release a plugin for Matomo(ex Piwik) https://git.biblibre.com/biblibre/koha-plugin-opac-matomo
14:08:10 <m23_> Nice work
14:08:13 <tcohen> we look forward to any feedback or ideas from people willing to work on the plugins front
14:08:27 <Joubu> #info QA needed on bug 22835, to make plugins all-API driven and self contained
14:09:09 <Joubu> something else?
14:09:22 <Joubu> #topic Update from the Release Manager (19.05)
14:09:30 <Joubu> kidclamp: floor is yours
14:09:38 <kidclamp> Working on cleaning up things, pushing bugs etc
14:09:54 <kidclamp> will make a pass on things marked for release today and decide which to push or not
14:10:10 <kidclamp> still some major bugs etc that need work. please lend a hand there
14:10:33 <kidclamp> I didn't do a specific draft of release notes, but they are rolling now, will take a crack at those before kohacon
14:10:35 <Joubu> # major bugs need attention before the release
14:10:38 <Joubu> #info major bugs need attention before the release
14:10:47 <kidclamp> any questions for me?
14:11:28 <Joubu> KohaCon's hackfest will certainly find bugs
14:11:47 <Joubu> would be good to tell people to use a given keyword if they need to be fixed for 19.05
14:12:00 <Joubu> like using the kw "regressions" for 19.05 regressions? :)
14:12:18 <tcohen> +1
14:12:50 <ashimema> +1
14:13:07 <Joubu> unanimously approved
14:13:30 <Joubu> no questions for kidclamp then?
14:13:31 <ashimema> :)
14:13:39 <kidclamp> +1
14:13:45 <ashimema> I've just gotta run out on school run.. will rejoin from phone in about 5 mins.. sorry
14:13:58 <Joubu> #topic Updates from the Release Maintainers
14:14:07 <Joubu> bad timing :)
14:14:19 <thd> :)
14:14:20 <Joubu> fridolin: something to tell us?
14:14:25 <ashimema> rmaint update would be 'about to work through the queue kidclamp built up for me this morning'
14:14:30 * ashimema runs
14:14:33 <fridolin> yep
14:14:40 <Frank_Purcell> Bye everyone, thank you for all the assistance today. I will attempt to reinstall tomorrow to figure out what i did wrong. i think it was purely by not selecting a repository during Debian installation.
14:14:51 <fridolin> 17.11.x is at its last release
14:15:25 <fridolin> unless some big issue, i will set it as obsolete after 19.05.00 is released
14:15:36 <Joubu> #info 17.11.18 will be the latest of the 17.11.x branch
14:15:40 <fridolin> I have proposed for RMaint 19.05.x
14:16:01 <Joubu> and you have been elected
14:16:09 <fridolin> Oh cool ;)
14:16:41 <fridolin> (we need to tell our bot)
14:17:11 <Joubu> once 19.05.00 is released :)
14:17:14 <Joubu> #topic Updates from the QA team
14:17:23 <Joubu> qa_team?
14:17:23 <wahanui> it has been said that qa_team is cait alex_a jajm khall josef_moravec ashimema Joubu marcelr tcohen rangi
14:17:23 <fridolin> indeed
14:18:28 <Joubu> Ok, will try then
14:18:45 <cait> i am here
14:18:53 <cait> but Joubu can start :)
14:19:02 <Joubu> There are 2 failures on Jenkins during last builds, one D8, another one D9, seems random. Need to investigate
14:19:05 <cait> #info Katrin Fischer, BSZ, Germany
14:19:26 <Joubu> 1 blocker, 3 criticals that need attention
14:19:46 <cait> 11 majors as well
14:19:58 <Joubu> and if someone wants a fast headache (being sober) there is bug 22905
14:19:58 <huginn`> 04Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=22905 critical, P5 - low, ---, koha-bugs, NEW , Edit suggestions - wrong branchcode behavior
14:20:19 <Joubu> nothing else at the top of my head
14:21:23 <cait> I think that sums it up nicely - the bugs need attention most right now and everything tagged rel_19_05_release
14:21:35 <ashimema> I intend to get back to QA this week but have been lacking the last few days due to kohacon organising
14:21:39 <cait> #link https://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/buglist.cgi?cmdtype=runnamed&list_id=282201&namedcmd=rel_19_05_candidate
14:22:22 <cait> I have cleared up the qa qeue as much as I could
14:22:29 <ashimema> Are there minors you want saving for kohacon cait
14:22:36 <cait> we got mostly elastic, sip and rest left, I really need help witht hose
14:22:45 <Joubu> we (Martin and me) also noticed that the new contributor list is wrong, we are going to try & work on it to have it fixed for 19.05.00
14:23:24 <cait> ashimema: i think academy bugs would be nice to save for now
14:23:34 <cait> I plan to go through existing ones and weed a bit
14:23:39 <cait> some might be too hard for Academy anyway
14:23:43 <ashimema> +1 #commit date Vs original history dates don't match.. Joubu spotted the bug in the script but after push.. should be a quick fix
14:23:55 <ashimema> Brill cait
14:24:21 * ashimema offers to be a 'pet dev' during the bugs workshop
14:24:58 <ashimema> That's probably it for QA isn't it?
14:25:12 <Joubu> yep, moving on
14:25:24 <wizzyrea> just don't pet him too much he might fall asleep
14:25:31 <Joubu> #topic General development discussion (trends, ideas, ...)
14:25:34 <ashimema> Hehe
14:25:52 <Joubu> nothing on the wiki, but maybe I can bring the bugzilla components question we had on bug...
14:26:08 <Joubu> bug 22487
14:26:08 <huginn`> 04Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=22487 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, In Discussion , Add Mana and Bugzilla components on bugzilla
14:26:22 <ashimema> I've not got myself in order enough yet to propose much more on collaboration next cycle yet.. but expect something imminently
14:26:31 <wizzyrea> well bugzilla would be part of the project infrastructure project
14:26:31 <Joubu> So the question is: where people will open issue/ft request for Mana
14:26:43 <Joubu> we created the project on gitlab
14:26:59 <Joubu> but we also want it on bugzilla (to make it easy for people)
14:27:00 <wizzyrea> I think that's the appropriate place for issues specifically with the mana server?
14:27:15 <wizzyrea> if it's something to do with the koha side of it, it should be in our bugzilla
14:27:17 <Joubu> (even if I am not sure it's a good idea, but that's not question)
14:27:45 <Joubu> yes, but it's more related to the server part
14:27:59 <wizzyrea> right, server part bugs should be on the gitlab
14:28:07 <wizzyrea> imo
14:28:13 <Joubu> so we have :
14:28:14 <Joubu> https://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/enter_bug.cgi
14:28:18 <Joubu> and
14:28:19 <ashimema> I think it looks like it's in the right place on Bugzilla to me
14:28:20 <Joubu> https://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/enter_bug.cgi?product=Project%20Infrastructure
14:28:32 <ashimema> As a top level project
14:28:44 <Joubu> wondering if Mana-kb should not go to the "Project Infrastructure" instead?
14:28:51 <wizzyrea> you could put mana in the PI project
14:28:54 <ashimema> I don't think it fits with Infrastructure..
14:28:54 <wizzyrea> it's where hea is
14:28:56 <wizzyrea> I do
14:29:10 <wizzyrea> hea is in there
14:29:30 <Joubu> that's my thought as well
14:29:34 <ashimema> If my understanding is correct Mana won't be hosted by the community.. it's more something for support providers to host for their group of customers
14:29:43 <ashimema> Right
14:29:57 <Joubu> vote?
14:29:58 <wizzyrea> I think it'd be way better if there was a centralised one
14:30:12 <wizzyrea> I hate the idea that vendors silo off their customers
14:30:13 * ashimema wants to get federation working to Manas can talk to each other
14:30:44 <kidclamp> I thought biblibre was maintaining a central mana for all
14:30:44 <ashimema> So who hosts it then wizzyrea
14:30:49 <wizzyrea> doesn't that seem like a much harder problem than having one mana?
14:30:53 <ashimema> That's why I like federating it
14:30:59 <kidclamp> like bywater hosts a coce
14:31:02 <ashimema> Spreads the hosting burden..
14:31:19 <ashimema> We also host a coce
14:31:26 <kidclamp> stop doing that!
14:31:30 <kidclamp> :-)
14:31:34 <wizzyrea> so does catalyst
14:31:44 <wizzyrea> coce is different
14:31:47 <wizzyrea> imo
14:31:50 <kidclamp> the more in one instance the better results, but anyways
14:31:57 <wizzyrea> ^^^ this is SUPER KEY for mana
14:32:03 <Joubu> yes, definitely
14:32:08 <wizzyrea> coce eh
14:32:10 <wizzyrea> but mana
14:32:21 <wizzyrea> it needs to be only one, maybe 2.
14:32:30 <kidclamp> I agree with project infrastructure, seems reasonable
14:32:38 <ashimema> Ok
14:32:59 <Joubu> and what about a "Mana" component in the Koha project for Mana related code inside Koha?
14:33:05 <wizzyrea> yes
14:33:07 <Joubu> confusing maybe?
14:33:09 <wizzyrea> no
14:33:21 <wizzyrea> call the PI one Mana server
14:33:27 <Joubu> yup
14:33:27 <wizzyrea> call the koha project one Mana integration
14:33:28 <ashimema> Okies
14:33:34 <Joubu> so no vote then, great :)
14:33:36 <wizzyrea> or something
14:33:36 <wahanui> something is broken
14:33:40 <wizzyrea> no it isn't dingdong. :)
14:33:48 <wizzyrea> (the dingdong is wahanui)
14:34:05 <Joubu> Another discussion?
14:34:35 <ashimema> Nothing from me
14:34:54 <kidclamp> Mana server/integration works for me
14:35:01 <Joubu> best moment of meetings then
14:35:03 <Joubu> #topic Set time of next meeting
14:35:07 * kidclamp also promises to get it wrong at least once
14:35:14 <wizzyrea> people will get it wrong, that's fine
14:35:19 <wizzyrea> just move it to the right place :)
14:35:31 <Joubu> Next meeting: 29 May 2019, ?? UTC
14:36:24 <Joubu> can anybody tell me which slots have been picked for the last months?
14:36:32 <kidclamp> everyone just show up when they want
14:36:35 <kidclamp> 14/19?
14:36:35 <wahanui> 0.736842105263158
14:36:54 <kidclamp> i think 14 and 19, sometimes 20 as is better for NZ but is hard for many
14:37:39 * thd will read the logs for 29 May after publishing conference.
14:37:51 <Joubu> #info Next meeting: 29 May 2019, 19 UTC
14:38:08 <Joubu> #endmeeting