20:00:21 <ashimema> #startmeeting Development IRC meeting 20 November 2019
20:00:21 <huginn> Meeting started Wed Nov 20 20:00:21 2019 UTC.  The chair is ashimema. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
20:00:21 <huginn> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #startvote.
20:00:21 <huginn> The meeting name has been set to 'development_irc_meeting_20_november_2019'
20:00:26 <ashimema> #topic Introductions
20:00:40 <ashimema> #info please use "#info" in front of your introduction to have it show up in the automatic minutes#info
20:00:51 <ashimema> #info Martin Renvoize, PTFS Europe, UK
20:01:04 <thd> #info Thomas Dukleth, Agogme, New York City
20:01:15 <davidnind> #info David Nind, Wellington, New Zealand
20:01:34 <inlibro> blou: #info Philippe Blouin, Solutions inLibro, Qu├ębec
20:01:45 <oleonard> #info Owen Leonard, Athens County Public Libraries, Ohio, USA
20:02:32 <ashimema> #topic Announcements
20:03:10 <ashimema> #info We are nearing the next release and are currently in the string freeze period for 19.11
20:03:55 <kidclamp> #info Nick Clemens, BywaterSolutions
20:04:02 * kidclamp is half here, in meetings an dkid pickup
20:04:25 <ashimema> #info We voted on the next release team at the last general meeting, please see the wiki for details of our next team.
20:04:33 <rangi> #info Chris Cormack Catalyst IT
20:04:47 <davidnind> #info Only a few weeks left to submit, get your Kohacon20 talk proposals in https://2020.kohacon.org/posts/talksubmission/ - due by 1 December 2019
20:04:56 <ashimema> #link https://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Roles_for_20.05 Roles for 20.05
20:05:29 <ashimema> #link https://2020.kohacon.org/posts/talksubmission/ KohaCon20 Talk Submissions
20:05:45 <ashimema> #topic Update from the Release manager
20:06:37 <ashimema> #info We are currently on schedule for the release in one week (27/11/2019)
20:07:23 <oleonard> A day-before-Thanksgiving treat for Americans
20:07:46 <ashimema> #info There are still a few bugs sitting in the NSO queue marked as Major, it would be great to squeeze those through in the next few days if anyone has a moment to take a look.
20:08:07 <ashimema> ooh.. I hadn't thought about that when I set the timing
20:08:29 <ashimema> thinks thats about all I had to say really..
20:08:32 <ashimema> ooh.. one more
20:09:34 <ashimema> #info I'd like to welcome Joy Nelson to the 20.05 team as our 19.11 RMaint, thankyou for stepping into the role Joy and thankyou ByWater for supporting that :)
20:10:02 <oleonard> talljoy++
20:10:25 <ashimema> #topic Updates from the Release Maintainers
20:10:30 <ashimema> rmaints?
20:10:30 <wahanui> rmaints is fridolin, lucas and wizzyrea
20:10:34 <ashimema> I bet we don't have any here :(
20:12:01 <ashimema> #info I believe we are on schedule for a maintanence release from each of the respective release maintainers on (or around) the 22nd.
20:12:30 <ashimema> #topic Updates from the QA team
20:12:35 <ashimema> Do we have a cait?
20:12:43 <oleonard> Not even one
20:13:11 <oleonard> Do we have any of cait's loyal minions?
20:13:47 <ashimema> Seems not..
20:14:55 <ashimema> #info QA has slowed since the last meeting, but that is understandable given the part of the cycle we are in.. Important QA is still happening, many thanks to those I've approached for specific QA's and who have diligently acted :)
20:15:17 <ashimema> #topic General development discussion
20:16:39 <ashimema> #info I have been using a new keyword `rel_20_05_target` to start grouping bugs which missed the freezes this cycle but seem to be close to reaching maturity. I would like to promote focusing on pushing them over the line early next cycle.
20:17:23 <ashimema> No other general trends to report at the moment.. I hope to pick things back up again come the next cycle :)
20:17:32 <ashimema> #topic Review of coding guidelines
20:17:36 <ashimema> #info Nothing to report
20:18:02 <ashimema> anyone got anything they would like to raise, questions they'd like to ask?
20:18:43 <ashimema> [off] I now have a G&T in hand, so be quick if you do ;)
20:18:54 <ashimema> ok...
20:19:06 <ashimema> #topic Set time of next meeting
20:20:21 <oleonard> Are we looking at two weeks out? The 4th?
20:20:32 <ashimema> Lets stick to the pattern.. I have a feeling the next meeting will be a rather quiet one ;)
20:20:47 <ashimema> 4 December, 1pm
20:21:00 <ashimema> 1pm UTC that is.. I believe
20:21:21 <thd> +1
20:22:01 <ashimema> #info Next meeting: 04 December 2019, 13 UTC
20:22:09 <ashimema> ok, that was a nice quick one..
20:22:19 * thd will still be in New York and may be stuck in New York if not scrambling to find the right proofs of identity.
20:22:19 <ashimema> thanks to all those who attended :)
20:22:21 <ashimema> #endmeeting