19:00:29 <kidclamp> #startmeeting Development IRC meeting 24 April 2019
19:00:29 <huginn`> Meeting started Wed Apr 24 19:00:29 2019 UTC.  The chair is kidclamp. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
19:00:29 <huginn`> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #startvote.
19:00:29 <huginn`> The meeting name has been set to 'development_irc_meeting_24_april_2019'
19:00:32 <ashimema> Totally
19:00:36 <kidclamp> #topic Introductions
19:00:45 <cait> #info Katrin Fischer, BSZ, Germany
19:00:45 <kidclamp> #info Nick Clemens, ByWater Solutions
19:01:22 <cait> please introduce yourself using #info!
19:01:25 <ashimema> #info Martin Renvoize, PTFS Europe
19:01:38 <kidclamp> #chair cait ashimema
19:01:38 <huginn`> Current chairs: ashimema cait kidclamp
19:01:42 <davidnind> #info David Nind, Wellington, New Zealand
19:01:49 <ashimema> Slow phone typer extraordinair
19:01:58 <wizzyrea> #info liz rea, doer of things
19:02:57 <kidclamp> is that us?
19:03:12 <ashimema> Looks like it
19:03:16 <kidclamp> khall was here. lukeg JesseM
19:03:20 <kidclamp> qa team?
19:03:20 <wahanui> qa team are the real gatekeepers, send cookies their way
19:03:25 <kidclamp> qa_team?
19:03:25 <wahanui> qa_team is cait alex_a jajm khall josef_moravec ashimema Joubu marcelr tcohen rangi
19:03:33 <cait> oh nice, we can decide something big while noone is watching
19:03:34 <kidclamp> ah! I found the magic word
19:03:39 <cait> cheese names for releases?
19:04:04 <ashimema> Lol
19:04:07 <wizzyrea> pizza flavours
19:04:24 <kidclamp> 19.05 = camembetr sa mere
19:04:24 <ashimema> Muppets
19:04:36 <cait> muppets is a good one
19:04:46 <wizzyrea> limited number tho
19:04:47 <cait> stars?
19:04:50 <ashimema> Lol
19:05:21 <wizzyrea> lol
19:05:31 <kidclamp> #topic Announcements
19:05:50 <ashimema> Rmaint releases due end of the week
19:06:00 <thd> #info Thomas Dukleth, Agogme, New York City
19:06:08 <ashimema> We're in string freeze.. think I forgot to send the reminder emails this time.. apologies
19:06:31 <ashimema> # is hard on phone keyboard
19:06:47 <cait> #info Freeze dates have been announced http://lists.koha-community.org/pipermail/koha-devel/2019-April/045179.html - May 3 is feature slush!
19:06:54 <kidclamp> that is soon!
19:06:59 <cait> #info Maint releases are in string freeze
19:07:03 * kidclamp breathes deep calming breaths
19:07:11 <cait> you will be free soon ;)
19:07:29 * ashimema shivers
19:07:33 <kidclamp> I will miss people listening to my opinion
19:07:34 <cait> #info Elections on next IRC meeting - May 8
19:07:54 <cait> #info Still a lot of roles to fill
19:08:01 <cait> #link https://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Roles_for_19.11 Roles 19.11
19:08:19 <ashimema> Do we need a little recruitment drive?
19:08:31 <ashimema> Like we did for 18.11
19:08:37 <cait> i'd say so... especially rmaints and translation
19:09:06 <cait> what did we do for 18.11?
19:09:12 <ashimema> Roll up, roll up.. we need you
19:09:18 <wizzyrea> oh i could take a rmaint
19:09:26 <cait> I'll add the electio meeting to the page as link on top...
19:09:36 <ashimema> Sent a few extra emails to the lists and pm a few people until they signed up.
19:10:36 <kidclamp> moving on?
19:10:38 <davidnind> I can post on @kohails, along with a reminder closer  to 8 May meeting
19:10:44 <cait> davidnind: please do!
19:10:55 <ashimema> ++
19:11:30 <cait> also if you hae somoene on mind, they might just need a nudge in the right direction
19:12:26 * cait volunteers lukeG for something
19:12:57 <cait> #link https://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/General_IRC_meeting_8_May_2019 Agenda
19:13:13 <cait> wizzyrea: you could!
19:13:33 <wizzyrea> it's been a little while but I've done it before
19:13:34 <cait> hm that was the wrong agenda... someone stop me please
19:13:53 <kidclamp> #link https://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Development_IRC_meeting_24_April_2019 Agenda
19:14:00 <cait> #link https://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Development_IRC_meeting_24_April_2019 Today's agenda
19:14:10 <kidclamp> #topic Update from the Release manager (19.05)
19:14:31 <kidclamp> I have been working on chasing bugs and clean up, pushing whatever gets into my queue
19:14:48 <cait> kidclamp++
19:14:55 <kidclamp> things are coming along nicely, special thanks to liz and cait for getting some nasty circ bugs cleaned up
19:15:16 <kidclamp> reminder that release will be after KohaCon
19:15:31 <kidclamp> keep hitting the QA queue, esp any bugs that come through
19:15:39 <kidclamp> that's all I got rightnow
19:15:49 <wizzyrea> 2 blockers outstanding
19:15:59 <wizzyrea> one LDAP which are notoriously hard to test
19:16:44 <wizzyrea> the acq one should be fixed soon tho
19:17:07 <cait> 2 blockers, 1 critical and 13 major outstanding - need to get that down pre-release
19:17:44 <wizzyrea> oh i meant to look at that labels one
19:18:09 <kidclamp> #inf release coming along, thanks all, keep hitting the bugs
19:18:16 <kidclamp> #info release coming along, thanks all, keep hitting the bugs
19:18:22 <kidclamp> #topic Updates from the Release Maintainers
19:18:32 <kidclamp> ashimema: lukeG fridolin
19:19:13 <ashimema> I've got a small backlog to burn through after release
19:19:35 <ashimema> But otherwise we're doing well
19:19:45 <ashimema> Already announced next release dates, end of this week
19:19:57 <ashimema> That's it from me tonight
19:20:17 <kidclamp> #info the rmaints are working tirelessly through the nights to perfect their releases, send coffee and candy
19:20:21 <kidclamp> basically what you said
19:20:26 <cait> :)
19:20:32 <ashimema> Hehe, thanks
19:20:37 <cait> ashimema++ lukeG++ fridolin++
19:20:43 <kidclamp> #topic Updates from the QA team
19:21:15 <cait> #info Thx to the hard work of the testers (special thanks to Michal Denar and Liz) the NSO queue is way below 200 for the first time in ages
19:21:32 <kidclamp> confetti!
19:21:33 <wahanui> o/`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`
19:21:45 <ashimema> Wool, woop
19:21:48 <cait> #info QA queue goes up and down a bit, around 70 right now. Calling for all team members to get that down!
19:21:58 <lukeG> dont forget JesseM++ (also a current 18.05 RMaint) :)
19:22:12 <cait> seriously, 2 weeks pre release... let's get things done. I'd especially like to get the longer waiting ones cleaned out
19:22:34 <cait> I've listed 3 on the wiki that appear especially stuck
19:22:36 <wizzyrea> cait can't do it alone!
19:22:41 <cait> bug 21824
19:22:41 <huginn`> 04Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=21824 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, kyle, Signed Off , Add ability to format dates in various formats in templates
19:22:44 <cait> bug 20582
19:22:44 <huginn`> 04Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=20582 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, julian.maurice, Signed Off , Turn Koha into a Mojolicious application
19:22:52 <cait> bug 19821
19:22:52 <huginn`> 04Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=19821 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Signed Off , Run tests on a separate database
19:23:09 <kidclamp> 20582 is in ashimema's sights for next release I believe
19:23:13 <cait> #info Please look at bugs and longer waiting ones - dashboard and sorting by 'last changed' helps to spot them
19:24:16 <ashimema> Yup, I'm keen on that last one early next release.. aiming to collar mst in helping to QA it from a mojo expert perspective at kohacon
19:24:28 <cait> the last or the middle?
19:24:32 <ashimema> I will try to tackle at least one of the other ones.
19:24:46 <ashimema> Oh middle..
19:24:52 <ashimema> The mojo one
19:24:53 <ashimema> Sorry
19:24:55 <cait> ah
19:25:08 <cait> if it's too late for this, can we mark it for 19.11?
19:25:22 <kidclamp> sure
19:25:53 <ashimema> kidclamp is welcome to grab it if he wants it.. I just don't have the time this cycle to look at it properly from a QA perspective
19:25:58 <cait> clean queue = happy cait
19:26:04 <tcohen> hi
19:26:04 <wahanui> privet, tcohen
19:26:09 <ashimema> And I got the feeling no-one else felt they had the expertise there?
19:26:15 <cait> not me :(
19:26:19 <ashimema> Hehe
19:26:25 <ashimema> I like happy cait
19:26:26 <davidnind> we all want a happy cait!
19:26:35 <cait> aaw :)
19:26:44 <tcohen> wasn't the Mojo one a working POC
19:27:00 <cait> I really need help with that kind of stuff
19:27:14 <wizzyrea> i shy away from those ones too, sorry
19:27:15 <cait> please jump in, ask if you are ot sure where to start, I will find you something :)
19:27:35 * cait points tcohen to API patches ;)
19:27:46 <cait> nothing more helpful from me, any one else from the team?
19:27:47 <ashimema> tcohen yes I think it is
19:28:16 <tcohen> cait: I'll take a look at the patches for checkouts
19:28:19 <ashimema> I need to get to grips with it and whether we want to introduce 'yet another way to run koha', encourage a switch or what
19:28:48 <kidclamp> moving ahead?
19:29:11 <cait> bug 18206 is on the old list too
19:29:11 <huginn`> 04Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=18206 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, lari.taskula, Signed Off , REST API: Default exception handling
19:29:26 <ashimema> I like the idea of switching from plack to hypnotoad but would like some good clear reasons to do so rather than 'a feeling'
19:29:44 <cait> i didn't realize the change was that big
19:29:47 <cait> so definitely late for this one
19:29:57 <cait> this release
19:29:59 <ashimema> I'm sort of on that one cait , I need to get back to it
19:30:06 <cait> great
19:30:13 <cait> move on :)
19:30:19 <ashimema> Go for it
19:30:42 <kidclamp> #topic General development discussion (trends, ideas, ...)
19:31:21 <kidclamp> #info More code golf is encouraged
19:31:26 <tcohen> +1
19:31:40 <wizzyrea> golf?
19:31:58 <cait> can you explain that a bit?
19:32:05 <cait> i've seen the term used, but have no clear picture
19:32:08 * wizzyrea highfives cait
19:32:15 <kidclamp> alternate patches, updated patches, more than just a comment, show people what you mean
19:32:26 <kidclamp> or fix small issues and ask for return sign off
19:32:40 <ashimema> ,😊
19:32:45 <wizzyrea> oh, be generous
19:32:48 <kidclamp> just a convo ashimema and I had
19:33:02 <wizzyrea> yes that's a nice thing
19:33:04 <ashimema> Learning from each other by coding on bugs together
19:33:27 <wizzyrea> well it's not an adversarial sport
19:33:32 <wizzyrea> more like curling.
19:33:49 <wizzyrea> one person pushes it off and everyone else scrubs it to the finish line :P
19:33:53 <ashimema> So if your doing SO or QA and spot a minor change you can make to improve to code.. go ahead and do it as a follow-up.. that way we all r so the rewards
19:34:09 <cait> aaah
19:34:11 <cait> cool
19:34:12 <ashimema> Exactly.. I love that.. curling
19:34:19 * ashimema adopts that term
19:34:36 <cait> wizzyrea: thx for the picture :)
19:34:39 <wizzyrea> well I mean the original person can help scrub too
19:34:43 <kidclamp> #info make that code curling - help clear the way to get the bug to the goal
19:34:47 <wizzyrea> so it's not a perfect metaphor
19:34:53 <wizzyrea> :P
19:35:09 <kidclamp> we're all dogs pulling the same sled?
19:35:20 <tcohen> kitten?
19:35:23 <ashimema> The mojo community are really good at it.. they have a golfing period for all pull requests and often the result is very nice and you can learn allot from the action of doing it
19:35:24 <lukeG> ha
19:35:33 <kidclamp> be the avengers, but for perl coding?
19:35:42 <tcohen> hehe
19:35:53 * kidclamp claims Hulk
19:35:56 <cait> maybe a code curling day would be nice
19:36:02 <wizzyrea> https://media.giphy.com/media/osIlz7bd1KCFW/giphy.gif
19:36:25 <wizzyrea> ^ I am completely dying of laughter
19:36:32 <kidclamp> hehe
19:36:51 <kidclamp> no coding guidelines, I think we can set next meeting, or keep playing :-)
19:36:53 <ashimema> Live that
19:37:07 <wizzyrea> i like the little YES at the end lol
19:37:19 <cait> lol
19:37:50 <cait> code curling is https://media.giphy.com/media/osIlz7bd1KCFW/giphy.gif
19:38:27 <kidclamp> #topic Set time of next meeting
19:39:20 <kidclamp> May 8th, 14 UTC?
19:39:25 <kidclamp> ould be same day as general
19:39:27 <cait> may 8 is general with elections
19:39:45 <kidclamp> may 15th?
19:39:48 <cait> maybe move it a little?
19:39:53 <cait> works for me
19:39:57 <cait> still before kohaCon
19:40:03 <thd> better
19:40:27 <kidclamp> #info Next meeting: 15 May 2019, 14 UTC
19:40:35 <kidclamp> #endmeeting