19:37:45 <kidclamp> #startmeeting Development IRC meeting 24 July 2019
19:37:45 <huginn`> Meeting started Wed Jul 24 19:37:45 2019 UTC.  The chair is kidclamp. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
19:37:45 <huginn`> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #startvote.
19:37:45 <huginn`> The meeting name has been set to 'development_irc_meeting_24_july_2019'
19:37:48 <greenjimll> #info Jon Knight, Loughborough University
19:37:55 <kidclamp> #topic Introductions
19:38:06 <kidclamp> #info Nick Clemens, bywater solutions
19:38:14 <alexbuckley> #info Alex Buckley, Catalyst IT Wellington NZ
19:38:17 <hayley> #info Hayley Mapley, Catalyst IT Wellington NZ
19:38:19 <cait> #info Katrin Fischer, BSZ, Germany
19:38:25 <davidnind> #info David Nind, Wellington NZ
19:38:31 <cait> :)
19:39:06 <thd> #info Thomas Dukleth, Agogme, New York City
19:39:34 <kidclamp> #topic Announcements
19:39:42 <kidclamp> Anyone? Community day!
19:40:04 <cait> yes, on phone - wah
19:40:20 <davidnind> #info https://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Koha_Community_Project_Day_26_July_2019
19:40:50 <davidnind> A nice list of things to work on, so shaping up quite nicely! Thanks cait for kicking off!
19:41:54 <davidnind> There is a hashtag for Twitter, thanks Catalyst IT! #KohaCommunityDay
19:42:36 <hayley> We're very excited for it! :)
19:42:53 <davidnind> excellent!
19:42:53 <wahanui> darn tootin' it is.
19:42:53 <cait> sorry :)
19:43:00 <cait> thx for helping out :)
19:43:21 <cait> hope my tweets were friendly - just wanted to make sure everyone undrestands this is ot only focused at dev
19:43:21 <alexbuckley> we're happy to help cait :)
19:43:25 <cait> the main idea is to bring community together
19:43:32 <cait> get us talking again, working on fun things...
19:43:39 <kidclamp> I am gonna admit, I missed some of this discussion, is it like bigger bug squashing day?
19:43:42 <kidclamp> ah, oka
19:43:54 <cait> yeah the idea was to have a wider focus than just bug squashing
19:44:06 <greenjimll> Sorry - I promoted it on twitter as more dev based, but I see cait has corrected that. Sorry.
19:44:13 <cait> of course you can sqhash bugs, ubt if you want to do stats, or cook, or write or proof read... whatever :)
19:44:25 <cait> yeah i hope that didn't come across wrong!
19:44:31 <cait> very glad to see the advertising
19:44:42 <greenjimll> More me misunderstanding the purpose of it. Sorry.
19:44:47 <cait> all good
19:45:02 <kidclamp> moving on?
19:45:10 <cait> checking the infos sec
19:45:31 <cait> cool, yes
19:45:47 <davidnind> #info BibLibre's Koha Hackfest 2019: 30 September - 4th October, Marseille
19:46:05 <davidnind> (just thought I'd put that in there as a reminder)
19:46:19 <kidclamp> excellent
19:46:19 <wahanui> darn tootin' it is.
19:46:27 <kidclamp> #topic Update from the Release manager (19.11)
19:46:48 <kidclamp> #info Oh great and powerful RM, we thank you for the benevolence you bestow upon our patches
19:47:04 <kidclamp> Martin is doing great, but is occupied tonight
19:47:18 <kidclamp> Watch the bugs, keep things moving
19:47:38 <kidclamp> we are still in his "adventurous' pushing phase so big things are good
19:47:39 <davidnind> Update is on agenda page from ashimema: moving into a period of more adventurous pushing  now.. two months before I get much more cautious again and start of a  polishing for release phase
19:49:11 <kidclamp> movign on
19:49:22 <kidclamp> #topic Updates from the Release Maintainers
19:49:33 <kidclamp> frido lukeg wizzyrea
19:51:19 <davidnind> #info maintenance releases now available - 18.11.08, 19.05.02
19:51:42 <kidclamp> moving on
19:51:51 <kidclamp> #info Updates from the QA team
19:51:56 <kidclamp> cait?
19:51:56 <wahanui> somebody said cait was really good at running into things
19:52:48 <cait> sorry phone again
19:52:51 <kidclamp> np
19:52:52 <cait> #info Fix all the bugs
19:52:56 <kidclamp> :-)
19:53:36 <kidclamp> signed off queue has many bugs, some large, could use some attention to move those
19:53:46 <kidclamp> NSO growing as well
19:53:54 <kidclamp> communityday++
19:54:01 <josef_moravec1> #info Josef Moravec, sorry being late
19:54:02 <kidclamp> cait++
19:54:06 <kidclamp> weekly emails are appreciated
19:54:24 <kidclamp> I read them even when I can't take action :-)
19:54:38 <kidclamp> moving on?
19:55:09 <kidclamp> #topic General development discussion (trends, ideas, ...)
19:55:55 <kidclamp> #info Discussion on workflows with regards maintaining the mana-kb serverside project
19:56:08 <kidclamp> #info See Bug 23161 - Alex A (Biblibre) and the Release Team
19:56:08 <huginn`> 04Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=23161 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, koha-bugs, NEW , We need to document the release process for this project?
19:57:02 <kidclamp> I think we need BibLibre here for this, and maybe something to fully iron out at hackfest. BUt brainstorm next meeting at earlier time?
19:57:29 <davidnind> sounds good, need ashimema here too for that as well I think
19:57:44 <kidclamp> #info tabled for next meeting
19:57:53 <kidclamp> #info git repository splitting and cleanup - Chris C and Jonathan D
19:58:08 <kidclamp> I think still a bit early for Rangi
19:58:19 <kidclamp> and Joubu is having all the  fun :-)
19:58:34 <greenjimll> I assume git repro splitting may make bringing up/updating KohaDevBox's easier/faster?
19:59:18 <kidclamp> splitting off the translation I assume?
19:59:22 <kidclamp> it has come up before
19:59:28 <kidclamp> I'm for it
20:00:21 <greenjimll> https://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Git_Splitting_and_Shrinking
20:00:54 <kidclamp> #info https://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Git_Splitting_and_Shrinking
20:01:12 <kidclamp> I tihnk again we need some parties for discussion
20:01:24 <kidclamp> #info tabled for next meeting
20:01:34 <kidclamp> #topic Review of coding guidelines
20:01:46 <kidclamp> #info Bug 22600 introduced a base class for commandline scripts, but we forgot to followup with a guidline and qa script change to catch new scripts without the base class.
20:01:46 <huginn`> 04Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=22600 blocker, P2, ---, martin.renvoize, RESOLVED FIXED, We should add an 'interface' field to accountlines
20:02:29 <kidclamp> #link https://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Talk:Coding_Guidelines#Scripts
20:03:04 <kidclamp> I am for it, I think we should add the guieline
20:03:26 <kidclamp> do we need a vote?
20:03:38 <davidnind> looks good to me, so I think it should be added
20:03:49 <davidnind> not sure..
20:04:14 <davidnind> do you normally vote on coding guideline changes, or if everyone agrees just accept?
20:04:18 <greenjimll> I'd vote for it.
20:04:42 <kidclamp> #startvote Should we add coding guideline Scripts - CMD1 as proposed on the wiki? yes,no,abstain
20:04:42 <huginn`> Begin voting on: Should we add coding guideline Scripts - CMD1 as proposed on the wiki? Valid vote options are yes, no, abstain.
20:04:42 <huginn`> Vote using '#vote OPTION'. Only your last vote counts.
20:04:47 <kidclamp> #vote yes
20:04:51 <josef_moravec1> #vote yes
20:04:54 <alexbuckley> #vote yes
20:04:54 <davidnind> #vote yes
20:04:54 <greenjimll> #vote yes
20:05:06 <hayley> #vote yes
20:05:31 <thd> #vote yes
20:06:03 <kidclamp> #endvote
20:06:03 <huginn`> Voted on "Should we add coding guideline Scripts - CMD1 as proposed on the wiki?" Results are
20:06:03 <huginn`> yes (7): greenjimll, davidnind, kidclamp, josef_moravec1, alexbuckley, thd, hayley
20:06:08 <kidclamp> hooray
20:06:18 <cait> sorry, got to run!
20:06:49 <kidclamp> #info SQL12: Enforcing it more easily with a QA script addition and updating existing breakages - Tomas and Jonathan D
20:07:05 <kidclamp> #link https://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Coding_Guidelines#SQL12:_Booleans SQL12
20:07:44 <kidclamp> I agree with and support their work :-)
20:08:48 <kidclamp> moving on?
20:09:09 <davidnind> does it need to be voted on, or is it a work in progress?
20:10:16 <kidclamp> seems to be a bug and pull request
20:10:23 <kidclamp> the guideline is in place I believe
20:10:59 <greenjimll> The gitlab.com stuff says its awaiting a merge request?
20:11:31 <greenjimll> https://gitlab.com/koha-community/qa-test-tools/merge_requests/12
20:11:32 <kidclamp> so is for someone who has merge powers
20:11:51 <davidnind> so general support for them to go ahead with this, which is great!
20:11:59 <kidclamp> Joubu++
20:12:15 <kidclamp> tcohen++
20:12:22 <kidclamp> movign on
20:12:36 <davidnind> #info general support for SQL12: Enforcing it more easily with a QA script addition and updating existing breakages
20:12:53 <kidclamp> #info Revise JavaScript coding guideline JS8 to recommend ESLint; Add a default .eslintrc.json file to Koha. - Owen L
20:13:23 <kidclamp> #link https://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Coding_Guidelines#JS8:_Follow_guidelines_set_by_JSHint JS8
20:14:11 <kidclamp> Owen isn't here, but it seems sane to me
20:14:24 <kidclamp> any questions or detractors?
20:14:40 <davidnind> none from me
20:14:45 <josef_moravec1> I like that
20:15:06 <greenjimll> Seems sane.
20:15:48 <alexbuckley> looks sensible
20:15:59 <kidclamp> #startvote Should we update JS* as proposed by oleonard and adopt a default eslintrc.json file?
20:15:59 <huginn`> Begin voting on: Should we update JS* as proposed by oleonard and adopt a default eslintrc.json file? Valid vote options are Yes, No.
20:15:59 <huginn`> Vote using '#vote OPTION'. Only your last vote counts.
20:16:04 <kidclamp> #vote Yes
20:16:09 <thd> #vote yes
20:16:10 <greenjimll> #vote yes
20:16:12 <josef_moravec1> #vote yes
20:16:17 <davidnind> #vote yes
20:16:28 <hayley> #vote yes
20:16:31 <thd> #vote Yes
20:16:37 <kidclamp> last call y'all
20:16:57 <kidclamp> #endvote
20:16:57 <huginn`> Voted on "Should we update JS* as proposed by oleonard and adopt a default eslintrc.json file?" Results are
20:17:21 <kidclamp> #topic Set time of next meeting
20:17:45 <greenjimll> I liked the pause before (not) giving the results. Like Eurovision. :-)
20:18:04 <hayley> *ad break*
20:18:08 <hayley> hehe
20:18:10 <kidclamp> yes (6): greenjimll, davidnind, kidclamp, josef_moravec1, thd, hayley
20:18:48 <kidclamp> August 7th, 14:00 UTC?
20:19:00 <greenjimll> Sounds good.
20:19:48 <kathryn> Hello, apols for barging into the meeting :)
20:19:48 <thd> What happened to 13.00 UTC?
20:20:08 <thd> or 13.30 UTC?
20:20:17 <kidclamp> fine by me
20:20:26 <kidclamp> I never remember the exact time
20:20:47 <greenjimll> As long as it goes in the Koha meeting Google calendar, I'm fine with any of those.
20:21:15 <kidclamp> #info Next meeting: 7 August 2019, 13:30 UTC
20:21:20 <thd> 14 is fine for me but checking what we had done historically 13.00 UTC has been common and the preferred time for many time zones from a one time poll.
20:21:43 <alexbuckley> the time of this meeting works really well for nz, but we totally get that its not suitable for others and appreciate it needs to alternate so August 7th, 14:00 UTC sounds good
20:22:11 <thd> Does 14.00 UTC work at all in NZ?
20:22:15 <kidclamp> heh, I set 13:30 - we should mark these down somewhere as the 'approved' time'
20:22:27 <kidclamp> that's for next meeting :-)
20:22:28 <davidnind> https://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/IRC_Meetings
20:22:47 <kidclamp> #endmeeting