19:03:34 <kidclamp> #startmeeting Development IRC meeting 27 February 2019
19:03:34 <huginn`> Meeting started Wed Feb 27 19:03:34 2019 UTC.  The chair is kidclamp. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
19:03:34 <huginn`> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #startvote.
19:03:34 <huginn`> The meeting name has been set to 'development_irc_meeting_27_february_2019'
19:03:35 <cait> kidclamp: Joubu?
19:03:35 <wahanui> Joubu is, like, kidding, right ;)
19:03:43 <kidclamp> #chair Joubu
19:03:43 <huginn`> Current chairs: Joubu kidclamp
19:03:47 <kidclamp> #chair cait
19:03:47 <huginn`> Current chairs: Joubu cait kidclamp
19:03:49 <thd> cait: The API nomenclature is already very close and we may have already deviated from the GUI in one place for clarity which might mean adjusting the GUI.
19:03:54 <kidclamp> #topic Introductions
19:03:59 <tcohen> #info Tomas Cohen Arazi, Theke Solutions
19:04:05 <kidclamp> #info Nick Clemens, BYWater solutions
19:04:16 <kidclamp> I will have to leave ~30 mins
19:04:27 <kidclamp> #chair tcohen
19:04:27 <huginn`> Current chairs: Joubu cait kidclamp tcohen
19:04:31 <thd> #info Thomas Dukleth, Agogme, New York City
19:04:35 <m23> #info Michal Denar, JohaCZ
19:04:40 <Joubu> #info Jonathan Druart
19:05:13 <davidnind> #info David Nind, Wellington, New Zealand
19:05:23 <m23> KohaCZ, damn phone keyboard
19:05:30 <cait> #info Katrin Fischer, BSZ, Germany
19:05:42 <josef_moravec> #info Josef Moravec, Municipal Library Ústí nad Orlicí, Czech Republic
19:07:50 <Joubu> #link https://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Development_IRC_meeting_27_February_2019
19:08:10 <Joubu> #topic Announcements
19:08:14 <Joubu> Anyone have something?
19:08:59 <Joubu> sounds like a no
19:09:01 <Joubu> #topic Update from the Release Manager (19.05)
19:09:16 <Joubu> kidclamp: your turn
19:09:24 <kidclamp> Hi All!
19:09:31 <kidclamp> Trying to  catch up with the queue
19:09:37 <kidclamp> Some failures on Jenkins
19:10:03 <Joubu> that's wrong, I have just attached a follow-up to fix them :)
19:10:07 <kidclamp> Looking at Mana we need some fixes, the searchign is bad'
19:10:14 <cait> Joubu++
19:10:22 <tcohen> Joubu++
19:10:25 <kidclamp> ES, going to push 19575 - I talked with Ere and things seem okay now
19:10:27 <kidclamp> Joubu++
19:10:28 <cait> QA is unhappy about that, please fix
19:10:36 <cait> (Mana)
19:10:37 <kidclamp> in another meeting, so a bit scattered, but things are going well
19:10:51 <cait> bug 19575
19:10:51 <huginn`> 04Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=19575 major, P5 - low, ---, glasklas, Passed QA , Use canonical field names and resolve aliased fields
19:10:58 <kidclamp> thank you all for hard work and keep them copming :-)
19:11:00 <Joubu> #info Mana has known bugs that must be fixed as soon as possible
19:11:34 <Joubu> #topic Updates from the Release Maintainers
19:11:36 <Joubu> rmaints?
19:11:36 <wahanui> rmaints is ashimema and fridolin are the rmaints
19:11:46 <kidclamp> lukeg jessem
19:11:51 <kidclamp> lukeG1:
19:11:58 <JesseM_> Hi
19:11:58 <wahanui> bidet, JesseM_
19:12:21 <ashimema> #info Martin Renvoize , PTFS Europe
19:12:32 <JesseM_> Things are going very well! Just trying to keep up wiht ashimema
19:12:34 <JesseM_> ;P
19:12:36 <ashimema> Sorry I'm late... Bedtime duties
19:12:44 <JesseM_> #info Jesse Maseto. BWS
19:12:53 <Joubu> rmaints is ashimema (18.11), lukeG and JesseM (18.05), and fridolin (17.11)
19:12:58 <ashimema> Snap only it's trying to keep up with kidclamp
19:13:14 <Joubu> nope, things are not well, critical bug (data lost) is in latest 18.05 and 17.11
19:13:29 <ashimema> #info 18.11.03 was released on schedule end of last week
19:13:31 <Joubu> bug 22395 is the one
19:13:31 <huginn`> 04Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=22395 critical, P5 - low, ---, koha-bugs, ASSIGNED , Data in 245 field (subfield a or b) will be deleted if it has Quotation Marks
19:13:39 <Joubu> it must be reverted to be fixed in the next releases
19:14:00 <Joubu> as well as, I think, advertised in the general mailing list
19:14:28 <ashimema> #info code is being pushed fast for the next release.. lots of small bugfixes, nothing revolutionary.
19:14:29 <Joubu> or new release including only this patch?
19:15:09 <tcohen> we need to release a patch version
19:16:18 <Joubu> coordination?
19:17:03 <JesseM> Yes we'll revert 21986 in 18.05.x
19:17:14 <Joubu> #info critical bug (22395) in latest 18.05 and 17.11 - Rmaints coordination would be great (new release and mails to the general ML)
19:17:40 <ashimema> Sorry I didn't spot that and send a warning down whilst I was pushing to on my branch guys
19:17:52 <ashimema> Easy miss
19:18:35 <Joubu> moving on then?
19:18:43 <Joubu> #topic Updates from the QA team
19:18:47 <Joubu> qa_team?
19:18:47 <wahanui> rumour has it qa_team is cait alex_a jajm khall josef_moravec ashimema Joubu marcelr tcohen rangi
19:18:53 <cait> you are qa team :)
19:19:04 <ashimema> 😀
19:19:05 <cait> numbers have been going down - quite happy about that
19:19:28 <Joubu> I am slowly back, too many things I would prefer to not touch in the NQA queue
19:19:30 <cait> currently 37 in the queue, some older things, but mostly ILL related
19:19:42 <cait> we are working through the ILL 'graph' at the moment, so they will move at some point
19:19:44 <ashimema> Joubu's been on form the last few days.. catching lots.. thanks Joubu
19:20:16 <cait> ashimema: Joubu - something to add?
19:20:20 <josef_moravec> some of them are blocked by bug 20750
19:20:20 <huginn`> 04Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=20750 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, andrew.isherwood, Failed QA , Allow timestamped auditing of ILL request events
19:21:01 <cait> #info QA queue is under control, currently at 37, oldest bugs are mostly ILL, ILL dependency tree is worked on
19:21:16 <cait> yes, that is the next we need to resolve
19:21:20 <ashimema> Nothing to add from me.. I'm slowing down on QA a but these next few days.. building up motivation to look at some of the more challenging ones again soon
19:21:34 <Joubu> 12 majors waiting for SO
19:21:56 <Joubu> #topic General development discussion (trends, ideas, ...)
19:22:16 <Joubu> #topic API - Holds suspension endpoint
19:22:16 * ashimema will tackle a few on that list soon hopefully
19:22:25 <Joubu> #link https://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Holds_suspension_endpoint_RFC
19:22:36 <Joubu> Are we ready to vote?
19:23:02 <josef_moravec> yes
19:23:03 <cait> yeah, NSO queue is bad (needs devs to look at a lot of them)
19:23:04 <Joubu> there are disagreements
19:23:10 <ashimema> tcohen here
19:23:13 <m23> Yes
19:23:33 <tcohen> I should abstain
19:23:34 <tcohen> he
19:24:18 <Joubu> what about the discussion?
19:24:41 <ashimema> There's some more detail in the minutes of the last meeting I think
19:24:46 <thd> tcohen: Was retun_date intended to be distinct from checkin_date?
19:25:02 <tcohen> thd: this is the other endpoint
19:25:06 <ashimema> But basically it boils down to the date field names
19:25:09 <tcohen> our API is resource-ooriented
19:25:23 <cait> thd:  we are looking at the hold suspension currently
19:25:26 <tcohen> so we are talking about a 'hold suspension'
19:25:27 <thd> oops, sorry
19:25:39 <cait> i thin we had n agreement last meeting
19:25:44 <cait> or almost
19:25:45 <tcohen> in the context of a 'hold suspension', 'expiration_date' seems more appropriate
19:25:49 <cait> i won't insist on renaming it :)
19:25:50 * thd read too quickly
19:26:09 <Joubu> tcohen: could you edit the wiki page and then we vote?
19:26:20 <Joubu> in the meanwhile we are moving to the next one?
19:26:23 <ashimema> I'd actually go to far as to say I'd like it even more generalised
19:26:33 <tcohen> ashimema: shoot
19:26:44 <tcohen> end_date?
19:26:46 <ashimema> start_date and end_date where it makes sense
19:26:56 <tcohen> I like it too
19:27:13 <ashimema> That way you can practically guess the fields for your context sensitive endpoint
19:27:25 <josef_moravec> seems good for me too
19:27:27 <cait> i like it as well, but do we have a start date?
19:27:37 <tcohen> we don't, just an end_date
19:27:38 <ashimema> Devs are lazy.. having to refer to the docs to get that obscurely named field name right is just annoying.. hehe
19:27:52 <cait> ok, vote on end_date
19:27:56 <cait> worry about start date later? )
19:27:57 <tcohen> yes
19:28:01 <ashimema> Awesome
19:28:19 <josef_moravec> +1
19:28:22 <tcohen> wiki adjusted
19:28:31 <ashimema> Awesome
19:28:50 <ashimema> Shall we vote then.. sounds like a consensus to me
19:28:53 <Joubu> sounds weird to me, but fine
19:29:06 <Joubu> the #vote syntax?
19:29:10 * ashimema is struggling to type fast on his phone whilst also attempting to read a bedtime story
19:29:26 <Joubu> #vote do you agree with the "Holds suspension endpoint RFC" Y/N?
19:29:29 <kidclamp> gotta run
19:29:33 <cait> #vote Y
19:29:34 <Joubu> #vote yes
19:29:39 <tcohen> #vote yes
19:29:51 <josef_moravec> #vote yes
19:29:52 <davidnind> #vote yes
19:29:59 <ashimema> #vote yes
19:30:00 <cait> you need to vote the options he gave
19:30:03 <cait> yes won't work
19:30:04 <m23> #vote yes
19:30:11 <thd> #vote Y
19:30:17 <josef_moravec> #vote Y
19:30:19 <ashimema> #vote Y
19:30:21 <davidnind> #vote Y
19:30:32 <Joubu> #vote Y
19:30:34 <Joubu> sorry
19:30:40 <Joubu> #endvote
19:30:41 <tcohen> #vote Y
19:30:56 <Joubu> #info "Holds suspension endpoint RFC" agreed!
19:31:15 <ashimema> Woopie
19:31:20 <Joubu> #topic API - Checkouts endpoint
19:31:28 <Joubu> #link https://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Checkouts_endpoint_RFC
19:31:35 <cait> it didn#t summarize
19:31:43 <cait> not sure, maybe need to phrase it a little different?
19:32:10 <Joubu> wiki correction  checked_out_date  =>  checkout_date?
19:32:25 <josef_moravec> or use "startvote" command ;)
19:32:25 * ashimema hasn't fully read that one yet.. my bad
19:32:42 <thd> tcohen: Was retun_date intended to be distinct from checkin_date?
19:33:00 <cait> oh yes, and comma separated :)
19:33:26 <josef_moravec> I am ok with checkout_date
19:33:27 <cait> thd:  what do you mean?
19:33:27 <wahanui> i guess do you mean is reserves.tt the only place where a hold gets placed?
19:33:56 <cait> I've had some suggestions
19:34:06 <cait> return_date > checkin_date - or removing it
19:34:11 <cait> it only has a role in old_issues
19:34:24 <cait> so would be needed for the checkin api, but not for checkouts actually
19:34:40 <cait> and simplify checked_out_date to checkout_date
19:34:46 <josef_moravec> cait: we would like to extend the endpoint to be able to return checked in checkouts in the future somehow
19:34:59 <tcohen> once the tables are merged
19:35:01 <thd> In the widest context returning an item via post, dropbox, etc. is different activity from checking an item back into the system after the item has been collected.
19:35:03 <cait> return checked in checkouts? ;)
19:35:13 <cait> would that not be a separate endpoint?
19:35:32 <tcohen> cait: that's what we need to discuss here
19:35:38 <cait> ah ok
19:35:41 <tcohen> are we planning on merging the tables?
19:36:12 <josef_moravec> updated wiki to checkout_date and checkin_date
19:36:16 <Joubu> IIRC we decided to merge the old_ deleted_ tables, so yes
19:36:54 <cait> koha doesn#t differentiate at the moment
19:37:09 <cait> in action logs, do we want to have interface api ?
19:37:36 <cait> i'd not make the api dependent on the merge
19:38:37 <Joubu> "403 is valid response code if you try to renew a non-renewable loan, but error codes should not be used to indicate a status. So the renewability check should rather return 200 and an actual response telling if renewal is possible."
19:38:38 <josef_moravec> cait: bug 18205
19:38:38 <huginn`> 04Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=18205 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, lari.taskula, Signed Off , REST interface to Koha::Logger
19:38:41 <Joubu> this has not been addressed
19:39:03 <cait> josef_moravec++
19:40:01 <josef_moravec> Joubu: right, current implementation even does return 200 and true or false
19:40:32 <tcohen> josef_moravec: it needs to be addressed on the RFC
19:40:55 <josef_moravec> RFC changed now
19:40:57 * thd prefers caits suggestion of allows_checkout instead of renewability as an extensible nomenclature.
19:42:12 <josef_moravec> hm, true or false on renewability endpoint i not enough maybe...
19:42:14 <thd> ... hence also allows_renewability
19:42:37 <josef_moravec> should also say how many renewals are available from limit
19:42:43 <Joubu> there is also " Maybe instead of renewability... loanability... we should do something like: allows_renewal, allows_checkout ... and it would be more clear. "
19:42:59 <Joubu> what thd said, I am too slow
19:43:53 <josef_moravec> I am not against such a change
19:43:58 * thd restating prefers cait's suggestion of allows_renewability, and allows_checkout instead of renewability as an extensible nomenclature.
19:44:05 <cait> allows_checkout, allows_renewal... allows_hold? allows_article_request? i wonder if checkouts is the right spot
19:44:15 <cait> it sounds more like... an  item status
19:44:17 * ashimema has had to dissapear.. sorry
19:44:52 * tcohen has to pick up wife for a doctor check
19:44:56 <Joubu> Do we postpone the vote to the next dev meeting?
19:44:56 <cait> hm is on hold
19:45:02 <cait> maybe needs some more fleshing out
19:45:07 <cait> tcohen, what do you think?
19:45:13 * ashimema will read later.. but trusts you guys
19:45:17 <cait> i am fine with what's in the checkouts table and mapped, i am nto sure about the status things
19:45:24 <thd> cait: We have https://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Availability_endpoints_RFC .
19:46:05 <josef_moravec> thd: not ready for vote yet
19:46:23 <Joubu> #info vote about "Checkouts endpoint RFC" postponed to the next meeting, some adjustements are needed.
19:46:45 <Joubu> #topic Bug 22407 - Use DBIC relations for fetching related object
19:46:45 <huginn`> 04Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=22407 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, koha-bugs, NEW , OMNIBUS: Use DBIC relations to fetch related object rather than searching for the object
19:46:54 <thd> However, as cait points out we are voting on something which includes parts which might be better placed in availability
19:47:28 <thd> ... which cait characterised as item status.
19:49:18 <Joubu> Bug 22407 - there was a discussion about how we should access the related objects, from our Koha::Object
19:49:30 <Joubu> It seems that there is no guidelines ready yet to be voted.
19:49:54 <Joubu> I invite you to read and continue the discussion on the bug, we may be ready for the next meeting
19:50:32 <Joubu> #info Bug 22407 is going to state on how we should access the related objects, from our Koha::Object (see comment 3 for examples)
19:51:08 <Joubu> #topic Bug 22417 - Give a try to RabbitMQ (background jobs rewrite) - POC!
19:51:08 <huginn`> 04Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=22417 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, In Discussion , Delegate background jobs execution
19:51:45 <Joubu> last minute topic, I have sent an email to the list. Please read the comments on the bug report. You can also test the patch if you want to see them moving forward
19:51:59 <josef_moravec> I like that Joubu
19:52:16 <josef_moravec> I am going to try it in near future
19:52:35 <Joubu> still lot of works to do, but if we agree I can continue implementing that. And maybe make it ready for 19.05
19:52:40 <Joubu> thanks josef_moravec
19:53:01 <josef_moravec> I think we really need something like that
19:53:35 <Joubu> Did everybody leave already?
19:53:40 <thd> no
19:53:52 <Joubu> moving on?
19:54:15 <Joubu> #topic Review of coding guidelines
19:54:40 <Joubu> #info as bug 22026 has been reverted, update for PERL2 is obsolete
19:54:40 <huginn`> 04Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=22026 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, jasmineamohia.student, REOPENED , Remove `use  Modern::Perl` from Koha::REST::classes
19:54:57 <josef_moravec> bug 22026 was reverted from master
19:54:59 <Joubu> #action Joubu update PERL2 to reflect revert of 22026
19:55:00 <ashimema> Back
19:55:21 <Joubu> ashimema: something to tell us?
19:56:14 <Joubu> #topic Set time of next meeting
19:56:32 <Joubu> are we sticking to every 2w?
19:56:59 <cait> it might be good to move on with the apis
19:56:59 <Joubu> I missed the last ones
19:57:07 <josef_moravec> Joubu: I think so
19:57:26 <Joubu> 13 March, 14 UTC?
19:57:30 <josef_moravec> cait: I am trying to work on that when time permits
19:57:37 <ashimema> Will read back later
19:57:38 <ashimema> Sorry I missed what looks like a long discussion
19:57:39 <ashimema> I commented on the bug to revert..
19:57:39 <ashimema> I still don't like the use of modern perl rather than being more explicit.. but it's not so bad that I wanted to break the tests or require packaging a new perl critic
19:58:24 <Joubu> #info Next meeting: 13 March 2019, 14 UTC
19:58:33 <Joubu> everybody agrees on that?
19:58:41 * josef_moravec agrees
19:58:42 <thd> yes
19:58:45 <Joubu> #endmeeting