14:04:04 <davidnind> #startmeeting  Documentation IRC meeting 9 May 2019
14:04:04 <huginn`> Meeting started Thu May  9 14:04:04 2019 UTC.  The chair is davidnind. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
14:04:04 <huginn`> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #startvote.
14:04:04 <huginn`> The meeting name has been set to 'documentation_irc_meeting_9_may_2019'
14:04:40 <davidnind> #topic Introductions
14:04:56 <davidnind> #info David Nind, Wellington, New Zealand
14:05:30 <davidnind> apologies if I'm a little slow, not that great at chairing meetings!
14:05:35 <luchvh> #info Lucy Vaux-Harvey, PTFS Europe
14:05:51 <AndyBoze> #info Andy Boze, University of Notre Dame, Indiana, USA
14:08:36 <davidnind> Looks like it is just us!
14:08:38 <davidnind> #topic Action points
14:08:48 <ashimema> hello
14:08:49 <wahanui> hey, ashimema
14:08:58 <ashimema> #info Martin Renvoize, PTFS Europe
14:09:22 <davidnind> Hi ashimema!
14:09:34 <ashimema> no Caroline?
14:09:54 <ashimema> would appear not
14:09:56 <davidnind> Not yet, so I started without her...
14:10:11 <ashimema> okies
14:11:40 <davidnind> Just a quick update on my action points, feel free to ask any questions
14:11:48 <cait> sorry - just saw a ton of pm - have to run to catch a bus, will be back tonight :)
14:12:08 <cait> oh oops meeting :(
14:12:22 <davidnind> #link https://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Documentation_IRC_meeting_9_May_2019
14:13:00 <davidnind> Automated screen capture will probably take a little longer to get working
14:13:38 <ashimema> do you think perhaps for the next cycle it might be ready?
14:13:48 <ashimema> anything we can do at kohacon to help get it working?
14:14:05 * ashimema wants to have an even more amazing manual to 19.11 ;)
14:14:22 <davidnind> I hope I can get it ready, will still require some manual screenshots
14:15:06 <davidnind> At kohacon would be great if anyone has got any experience with selenium tests and the robot framework
14:15:21 * ashimema is somewhat out of the loop manual wise (too many fingers in too many pies already).. but is happy to help grab dev helpers where needed.. I know rangi is already looking into translation a bit.
14:15:43 <ashimema> are you around for the workshops?
14:15:44 <davidnind> Repository is here https://gitlab.com/davidnind/koha-automated-screenshots
14:15:44 <wahanui> i already had it that way, davidnind.
14:15:56 <ashimema> I'm sure we could find a moment to get some intersted expertise involved
14:16:11 <ashimema> cool, thanks
14:16:28 <davidnind> I will be around for the workshops, so is something we could work on
14:17:42 <davidnind> I have the basics working for the easy screenshots, so it is initially just adding definitions for each screenshot to capture
14:18:12 <davidnind> ashimema: that would great, I just general google things and make them up as I go along!
14:18:14 <ashimema> sounds great
14:18:42 <ashimema> more collaboration is my mantra at the moment ;)
14:18:44 <davidnind> Is anyone else on the documentation team going to kohacon?
14:18:57 <ashimema> I believe caroline is
14:19:10 <ashimema> and lucy ^
14:19:19 <luchvh> I'm there for the first 2 days but not the workshops
14:19:48 <davidnind> great!
14:19:49 <luchvh> Hoping to get to meet some doc team members though
14:21:20 <davidnind> I think most of us will be there, so that will be great! As well as rangi and cait and others who have being involved/still involved and have a keen interest in having good documentation.
14:22:11 <luchvh> Sounds good!
14:22:59 <davidnind> Style/content development guide (which incorporates workflow a-z): working on an outline, but not much further to report on this one :-(
14:23:58 <davidnind> Last meeting there was an idea of having a doc sprint day, similar to previous bug squashing day
14:24:09 <davidnind> Does anyone have any thoughts on that?
14:24:38 <davidnind> Main thing is finding a suitable time, or just run over a 24 hour period.
14:25:32 <ashimema> sounds like a good idea to me
14:25:45 <luchvh> It's not something I've done before but happy to be involved
14:25:46 <ashimema> though yeah, as you say, finding a suitable moment is key
14:26:12 <ashimema> I think really it's just a case of announce a 'date' and promote it'
14:26:25 <AndyBoze> I'd be happy to participate.
14:26:41 <davidnind> I'll send a proposed date(s) to the mailing list, and we can see how it goes as an experiment!
14:26:58 <ashimema> and rather than limiting it to a 24 hour period, let it run for the whole 'day' worldwide (to try and catch multiple continents.. I think that's usually how it works for bug squashing events
14:27:16 <wizzyrea> it is
14:27:42 <wizzyrea> start it at midnight kiribati, end midnight what is it, hawaii time?
14:28:09 <ashimema> the advantage for bug squashing is we have leaderboards and things ready to go (and the dashboard).. It would be great to get that sort of thing for documentation pull requests.. gamigication of submissions and all that
14:28:26 <davidnind> good idea!
14:29:08 <wizzyrea> https://gitlab.com/koha-community/koha-dashboard
14:29:25 <wizzyrea> if someone enterprising wanted to add things
14:29:57 <davidnind> #info David to organise documentation bug squashing day, most likely after kohacon
14:30:04 <davidnind> wizzyrea++
14:30:20 <davidnind> would be good to have a dashboard
14:30:34 <ashimema> haha.. it's been on my list to add docs pull requests to that for ages ;)
14:31:14 <luchvh> So how does it work?  Is there a list of 'to dos' that we would work from?
14:32:21 <davidnind> I guess we could create  a list of suggested tasks to focus (small, medium and large) and then see how we go
14:32:27 <ashimema> I think that would need to be the case yes.. I would suggest a page be created of taigia (if that's what you guys are most familier with still) with such a list..
14:32:35 <ashimema> or gitlab issues works well if not
14:32:42 <ashimema> perfect
14:32:54 <ashimema> there is also of course the keywords in bugzilla
14:33:06 <ashimema> that's a list I'm constantly adding to and will continue to add to as RM
14:33:22 <davidnind> I don't think we are short of tasks for the documentation!
14:33:58 <luchvh> Agreed!!
14:34:15 <davidnind> caroline (and I guess me now) keeps on eye on bugzilla doc bugs and adds them to the Taiga.io list
14:34:32 <ashimema> https://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/buglist.cgi?bug_status=UNCONFIRMED&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=REOPENED&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=In%20Discussion&bug_status=Needs%20Signoff&bug_status=Signed%20Off&bug_status=Passed%20QA&bug_status=Pushed%20for%20QA&bug_status=Failed%20QA&bug_status=Patch%20doesn%27t%20apply&bug_status=Pushed%20by%20Module%20Maintainer&bug_status=Pushed%20to%20Master&bug_status=Pushed%20to%20Stable&bug_status=RESOLVED
14:34:33 <ashimema> &bug_status=VERIFIED&bug_status=CLOSED&bug_status=BLOCKED&f1=keywords&keywords=Manual%2C%20&keywords_type=allwords&list_id=281380&o1=allwords&query_format=advanced
14:35:06 * ashimema still isn't entirely sure of the procss for removing that 'Manual' keyword once something has been written
14:36:01 <davidnind> not sure either, I guess we ca just remove it once the work is done
14:36:08 <ashimema> and at what point during a bugs life the Manual keyword should be added..
14:36:53 <ashimema> I may even require an existing pull-request for some bugs before I'll merge them as RM.. I don't like new features going in entirely undocumented.. makes them really hard to discover for new users.
14:37:32 <luchvh> I must admit I find it difficult to work what needs doing
14:37:58 <ashimema> that doesn't mean you guys are responsible for such submissions btw.. more I want the original devs to get on board with documenting what they're submitting (whether that's themselves or them grabbing someone from their company to help)
14:38:28 <davidnind> with my documentation hat on, I would say a bug isn't finished until the docs are done ;-)
14:38:28 <ashimema> Style/content development guide (which incorporates workflow a-z): working on an outline, but not much further to report on this one :-(
14:38:44 <ashimema> so that does seem to be a bit of a limiting factor for contributions still then
14:39:10 <davidnind> luchvh: it is a bit overwhelming at the moment I think
14:39:17 <ashimema> well.. I'm happy to encourage such a thing next cycle :)
14:39:53 <davidnind> #info Style/content development guide (which incorporates workflow a-z): working on an outline, but not much further to report on
14:40:39 <davidnind> feels guilty about that, but will make it a priority, will also help new and potential contributors
14:41:00 <davidnind> at the moment we have https://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Editing_the_Koha_Manual
14:42:13 <davidnind> Last year/the year before we ran a video conference session to work through the workflow, do you think this is something we should do again?
14:42:40 <luchvh> There is lots of good info on there - enough to get me started with some simple updates.
14:42:49 <ashimema> I get he feeling it's mostly 'where to pull work from' that's still confusing people..
14:43:01 <ashimema> the 'how to do the work' bit is fairly good now in my opinion
14:43:13 <luchvh> It would definitely be useful to have a session I think
14:43:13 <ashimema> always can be improved.. but it's certainly not terrible ;)
14:44:03 <davidnind> totally agree ashimema and luchvh!
14:44:53 <davidnind> #info look at having a general video session on the workflow for new contributors
14:45:09 <davidnind> #topic What's been done so far
14:46:53 <davidnind> I have nothing to report, there have been a few merges including some changes from luchvh!
14:47:27 <ashimema> There is a documentation workshop at kohacon of course ;)
14:47:27 <luchvh> I've submitted a few really small changes
14:47:44 <davidnind> luchvh++
14:47:44 <luchvh> nothing of any substance!
14:49:14 <luchvh> I guess I'm OK just carrying on with that?
14:51:02 <luchvh> It's just bits I come across myself really - as I've said I'm not 100% sure what 'should' be tackled from taiga etc
14:51:03 <davidnind> more than happy, under the priorities for 19.05 item I'd like to come up with a priorities list
14:51:37 <Nemo_bis> https://www.hanken.fi/en/news/modular-based-information-environment-line-sustainable-solutions
14:52:21 <davidnind> Nemo_bis++
14:52:42 <davidnind> Since we are running out of time, maybe we can just skip to the priorities for 19.05 release
14:53:03 <davidnind> #topic Next steps
14:54:12 <davidnind> For priorities I think there are new features and release notes
14:55:27 <davidnind> Draft release notes are here: https://gitlab.com/koha-community/koha-release-notes/blob/master/release_notes_18_12_00.md
14:57:09 <davidnind> Where there are no text update needed on bugzilla for 'Text to go in release notes' field (on right hand side), for example: https://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=15774
14:57:09 <huginn`> 04Bug 15774: new feature, P5 - low, ---, nick, RESOLVED FIXED, Additional fields for baskets
14:58:44 <davidnind> For new features caroline has added all the bugs to Taiga.io task list https://tree.taiga.io/project/ldjamison-kohadocs-1805/
14:59:02 <davidnind> So maybe assign any of these to yourself that you want to work on
14:59:38 <davidnind> AndyBoze and luchvh: do you have access to Taiga.io?
15:00:20 <luchvh> Yes I do, Caroline helped me to get set-up
15:00:40 <AndyBoze> I haven't gotten an account yet but will do.
15:00:52 <davidnind> Excellent!
15:00:52 <wahanui> darn tootin' it is.
15:01:10 <luchvh> I can see lots of items added - that's great
15:01:18 <davidnind> got to love wahanui!
15:02:11 <davidnind> Does anyone have any particular things they want to work on?
15:03:46 <davidnind> I'm keen to get something added for the new mana feature https://tree.taiga.io/project/ldjamison-kohadocs-1805/us/819
15:04:35 <davidnind> If it would help I can create a small priority list and send it to the list
15:04:53 <ashimema> ++
15:05:33 <davidnind> #info David to send a priority list to the mailing list
15:05:41 <ashimema> I've been poking Bywater to document the new daily/hourly rental charges feature ever since it passed QA.. but I don't think they've gotten to it yet.. that might be a good one for someone to pick up
15:06:12 <davidnind> #info Focus is on release note descriptions and new features for 19.05
15:06:31 <ashimema> :)
15:06:39 <davidnind> That sounds like a good one to add!
15:06:55 <davidnind> #topic Next meeting
15:07:40 <davidnind> Does this time suit you lucyvh and AndyBoze?
15:08:09 <davidnind> Can make early or later
15:08:10 <AndyBoze> Yes, this time should generally work for me.
15:08:27 <luchvh> It's right on school pick-up time for me i'm afraid
15:08:42 <luchvh> But I'm usually out for 5/10 mins
15:09:03 <luchvh> Happy to stick with this time if it suits others
15:09:50 <davidnind> Could make it an hour earlier, would that work better? I'm pretty flexible.
15:11:00 <luchvh> Yes, would be good if others don't mind
15:11:01 <AndyBoze> It would depend on the day of the month. I occasionally have a meeting on Thursday the hour prior to this.
15:12:20 <davidnind> Would normally be the first Thursday of the month, the day after the General IRC meeting
15:12:29 <davidnind> But we can move it around to suit if required
15:13:12 <davidnind> Suggested time for next meeting 6 June 13:00 UTC https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=Koha+Documentation+IRC+Meeting&iso=20190606T1300
15:14:06 <AndyBoze> I think Thursday will be OK. I checked a couple of months out and my Thursday meeting won't conflict with this.
15:14:16 <davidnind> Excellent!
15:14:16 <wahanui> darn tootin' it is.
15:14:21 <davidnind> #info Next Documentation IRC meeting 6 June 2019 13:00 UTC
15:14:27 <luchvh> Great!
15:14:43 <davidnind> Anything else for today (and apologies for going over!)
15:14:46 <ashimema> well done guys
15:15:27 <luchvh> Thanks David
15:15:40 <davidnind> #endmeeting