19:00:04 <cait> #startmeeting General IRC meeting 13 February 2019
19:00:04 <huginn`> Meeting started Wed Feb 13 19:00:04 2019 UTC.  The chair is cait. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
19:00:04 <huginn`> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #startvote.
19:00:04 <huginn`> The meeting name has been set to 'general_irc_meeting_13_february_2019'
19:00:15 <cait> #introductions Please introduce yourself with #info!
19:00:22 <cait> #info Katrin Fischer, BSZ, Germany
19:00:30 <cait> #chair ashimema
19:00:30 <huginn`> Current chairs: ashimema cait
19:00:38 <oleonard> #info Owen Leonard Athens County Public Libraries, Ohio, USA
19:00:39 <kidclamp> #info Nick Clemens, ByWater Solutions
19:00:43 <kidclamp> half here
19:00:54 <cait> which half?
19:01:00 <TGoat> #info tgoat
19:01:04 <davidnind> #info David Nind, Wellington, New Zealand
19:01:15 <mng> #info Mengu Yazicioglu, Devinim, Turkey
19:01:41 <TGoat> #info Todd Goatley
19:01:42 <cait> #link https://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/General_IRC_meeting_13_February_2019 Today's agenda
19:01:55 <cait> speaking of which, there is nothing out of the ordinary
19:02:02 <cait> so I expect a quick meeting
19:02:15 <cait> if you have additional items oyu want to add to the agenda, please let me know
19:02:22 <cait> moving on  to the first topic
19:02:26 <cait> #topic Announcements
19:02:41 <cait> anyone? :)
19:03:14 <cait> looking at the earlier meting today
19:03:44 <cait> #info oleonard is excited to share his work on bug 22318 (extending news for other texts and making them translatble that way)
19:03:44 <huginn`> 04Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=22318 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, koha-bugs, NEW , Extend Koha news feature to include other content areas
19:04:03 <oleonard> True. Patch almost ready!
19:04:16 <davidnind> There are a few Koha events coming up that I've seen and posted on Twitter
19:04:19 <cait> and our ES topic expert has one too
19:04:54 <cait> #info Looking for testers on bug 13937 which will enable use of elastic + z39.50 without the need to also run Zebra
19:04:54 <huginn`> 04Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=13937 new feature, P5 - low, ---, ere.maijala, Needs Signoff , Add an Elasticsearch-compatible Z39.50/SRU daemon that can inject item status MARC subfields
19:04:54 <davidnind> Swedish Koha User Group's 8th user meeting, 26-28 March, Skövde, Sweden https://koha.se/en/koha-i-sverige/inbjudan-till-svenska-kohanatverkets-attonde-anvandarmote-26-28-mars-2019-i-skovde-med-bibliotek-mellansjo/
19:05:01 <cait> thx davidnind!
19:05:05 <cait> #chair davidnind
19:05:05 <huginn`> Current chairs: ashimema cait davidnind
19:05:09 <cait> can you please info yourself?
19:05:13 <cait> #info i mean
19:05:16 <cait> oops
19:05:36 <davidnind> #info Swedish Koha User Group's 8th user meeting, 26-28 March, Skövde, Sweden https://koha.se/en/koha-i-sverige/inbjudan-till-svenska-kohanatverkets-attonde-anvandarmote-26-28-mars-2019-i-skovde-med-bibliotek-mellansjo/
19:06:11 <cait> th
19:06:11 <cait> x
19:06:14 <cait> anything else?
19:06:28 <cait> ok, moving on :)
19:06:34 <cait> #topic Update on Releases
19:06:51 <TGoat> #info koha-Us is currently taking proposals for koha-US annual conf
19:06:58 <davidnind> #info KohaFerence 2019 21-22 March, Universidad de Cadiz https://2019.kohaference.es/
19:07:02 <cait> oh
19:07:04 <cait> sorry!
19:07:15 <TGoat> your good cait :)
19:07:21 <ashimema> #info Martin Renvoize, PTFS Europe
19:07:26 <cait> just in time
19:07:33 <cait> ashimema: update on releases is on
19:07:40 <ashimema> Sorry guys, got disconnected at the wrong moment there
19:08:48 <cait> maybe something from me then first
19:08:59 <ashimema> grr.
19:09:01 <cait> i missed the meeting earlier :)
19:09:01 <thd> #info Thomas Dukleth, Agogme, New York City
19:09:10 <ashimema> my internet connection has now decied to be terrible
19:09:10 <ashimema> sorry
19:09:27 <kidclamp> Same things I sadi this mornign for me - trying to keep on the queue, ES and Mana need attention
19:09:31 <ashimema> #info Martin Renvoize, PTFS Europe
19:09:32 <cait> #info QA queue is getting lower, but bugs waiting for sign off is very high with 230
19:09:33 <ashimema> Update no releases.. so.. that's me
19:10:02 <ashimema> 18.11.x is going well, 18.11.02 is out in the wild and 18.11.03 is scheduled for the 22nd
19:10:11 <ashimema> 15th will be string freeze as per the usual pattern
19:10:12 <cait> #info ES and Mana need attention so Mana is ready for 19.05
19:10:35 <cait> ashimema: info! ;)
19:10:57 <cait> #info 18.11x is going well, 18.11.02 has been released and 18.11.04 is scheduled for 22nd with string freeze on 15th
19:11:17 <ashimema> #info 18.11 series going well, 18.11.02 out in the wile, 18.11.03 scheduled for release on 22nd.. 15th for string freeze as per usual pattern..
19:11:23 <davidnind> cait is just too quick!
19:11:24 <ashimema> ack
19:11:27 <ashimema> sorry cait
19:11:28 <cait> heh
19:11:36 <mng> SOs will be encourage for new developers to community. Please sing off :)
19:11:56 * ashimema is struggling for internet.. for some reason I'm getting messages all at once.. then none for a while.. so appologies if I come out of order.
19:11:58 <cait> mng: do you have a specific one?
19:12:38 <davidnind> From dev meeting looks like 17.11 will no longer be maintained when 19.05 comes out
19:12:40 <mng> Bug 20208, 20817, 21887 and 21879
19:12:40 <huginn`> 04Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=20208 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, kohadevinim, Needs Signoff , Development - Peddie School - Custom file upload paths
19:12:42 <cait> i also have a thing... I think we need 18.11 manuals up on pootle
19:13:05 <cait> 18.11 is first to ship without help files that could be transltaed before, so there is a real need for those
19:13:41 <cait> #info please help encourage new devs - 20208, 20817, 21887 and 21879
19:14:05 <mng> thanks cait
19:14:10 <cait> always :)
19:14:17 <cait> you can pay me in chickpeas ;)
19:14:25 <mng> sure ;)
19:14:32 <davidnind> 1#info Koha 17.11 will no longer be maintained when 19.05 is released
19:14:53 <davidnind> #info Koha 17.11 will no longer be maintained when 19.05 is released
19:14:59 <ashimema> 17.11.18 will be the final version number
19:15:04 <ashimema> if that helps
19:15:09 <davidnind> fridolin++ for maintaining
19:15:16 <cait> #info 18.11 manual files are much needed on Pootle
19:15:37 <ashimema> as for manual translations.. shall we get tcohen to poke the translations people.. he has more direct contact than the rest of us.
19:16:18 <davidnind> #info Koha 17.11.18 will be the final release
19:17:30 <cait> tcohen: ?
19:17:35 <tcohen> hi
19:17:35 <wahanui> niihau, tcohen
19:18:07 <tcohen> is indradg willing to take over?
19:18:10 <ashimema> could you poke bernardo for manual translation files
19:18:21 <cait> and a swedish one plese
19:18:32 * ashimema didn't get a reply from either of them when he tried to get more of a handle on translations
19:18:37 <cait> not sure if he is here tonight (indradg)
19:18:46 <cait> same for me sadly :(
19:18:57 <cait> i had asked for the 18.11 so we could start too a few weeks ago
19:19:18 <cait> and a longer time ago swedish manual was requested
19:19:42 <tcohen> he's not answering
19:19:47 <ashimema> the manual page exists on pootle now.. some he's been working on it since I last asked
19:19:47 <davidnind> #action 18.11 manual needs added/updated to Pootle for translation
19:19:52 <ashimema> but there are no file yet
19:19:58 <tcohen> he might have personal issues, but we need a solution
19:20:09 <tcohen> as a community
19:20:30 <ashimema> does anyone outside of the two current translations managers know the proceeedures?
19:20:59 <ashimema> I'd be happy to lend a hand.. though I already have too much on my plate really.. but I have no idea how that area all fits together right now
19:21:39 <cait> we could check with some people who have been TM before
19:21:45 <ashimema> does rangi or gmcharlt know perhaps?
19:22:06 <cait> rangi was TM
19:22:11 <cait> and fredericd too
19:22:18 <cait> i think all infrastructure is in argentina currently
19:22:21 <gmcharlt> ashimema: I'm afraid I have no specific knowledge of it
19:22:24 <cait> not sure if we could get access
19:22:29 <cait> or better to set up new one
19:22:43 <ashimema> want me to reach out further.. perhaps just adding some documentation pages on existing workflows and things might help for the future of the role
19:22:52 <tcohen> cait: we of course have access to it
19:23:07 <cait> bernardo has some scripts that i don't know if accessible somewhere
19:23:16 <tcohen> everything is there
19:23:17 <ashimema> i really like rmaint and rm wiki pages.. we need similar for translations manager I reckon
19:23:25 <ashimema> a clear process for the day to day of the role
19:23:29 <cait> or not sure if it's pootle even - like using one version as a base to populate strings in another
19:24:01 <cait> but to get going again we mostly need someone able to generate the files i guess?
19:25:06 * ashimema is happy to volunteer to touch base with rangi or anyone else to try and get things moving a bit again
19:25:14 <davidnind> Details for https://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Website_Administration#translate.koha-community.org maybe not up-to-date?
19:25:17 <cait> that would be great
19:26:13 <ashimema> #info ashimema will reach out to some prior TM's for advice and try to get things moving again
19:26:27 <cait> #info tcohen to coordinate with ashimema
19:26:30 <cait> sorry, phone, br
19:26:31 <cait> b
19:26:38 <tcohen> yes m'am
19:26:42 <tcohen> :-P
19:26:48 <ashimema> :)
19:27:01 <davidnind> #action Add/update pages on wiki on translation processes (like release maintainer pages)
19:27:39 <davidnind> #info Some information on translation sever is here https://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Translation_Server
19:28:00 <davidnind> anything more on releases?
19:28:13 <ashimema> good call davidnind.. I hadn't found that one
19:29:06 <ashimema> right
19:29:11 <ashimema> what's next
19:29:13 <davidnind> #topic KohaCon 2019 update
19:29:37 <ashimema> brill.. I was about to ask if it was that
19:29:52 * ashimema digs furiously to find his notes
19:29:57 <davidnind> There was an update posted on the mailing list https://lists.katipo.co.nz/pipermail/koha/2019-February/052262.html
19:30:16 <ashimema> #info there was a KohaCon19 email to the lists with an update.
19:30:32 <cait> thx all
19:30:51 <ashimema> #link https://lists.katipo.co.nz/pipermail/koha/2019-February/052262.html
19:31:20 <ashimema> the email covered more than I could really say here.. but please ask any questions if you have any
19:31:34 <ashimema> I've got more of a view of whats going on on that front again now
19:32:25 <ashimema> #info If anyone has any perl or elasticsearch contacts, preferably not directly related to koha, that might like to come and offer some training or do a talk at the workshops part of the event please let me know
19:33:03 <ashimema> also.. I'll be reaching out to various people to see if they might be able to offer assistance with certain sessions..
19:33:56 <ashimema> the idea behind rebranding the 'hackfest' as 'workshops' is that we'd like to get more librarians to attend that part of the conference and lend a hand with signoff, translations and 'sit with a developer' sessions..
19:34:10 <ashimema> afterall.. koha is all about the users (to steal a phrase from kidclamp)
19:34:30 <ashimema> so.. we wanted to offer some 'Hands on with X' sessions to entice a few more to stay too
19:34:40 <ashimema> I think that's the sprawling update from me.
19:35:15 <ashimema> did we mostly cover 'general' already?
19:35:26 <ashimema> cait ?
19:35:26 <wahanui> it has been said that cait is qa manager
19:35:39 <cait> sec
19:35:41 <davidnind> thanks ashimema!
19:35:48 <ashimema> :)
19:35:51 <cait> i guess, between announcements and reelase
19:35:52 <TGoat> we're going to use your rebranding for our koha-US conference
19:36:36 <TGoat> workshops is not and threatening and we're hoping for a bigger turnout
19:37:02 <davidnind> great!
19:37:03 <ashimema> brill, sounds great TGoat
19:37:17 <davidnind> #topic General business
19:37:34 <davidnind> Any other general business anyone wants to add?
19:37:39 <TGoat> bigger turnout for the hackfest .. hrrhmm .. workshop :)
19:37:50 <ashimema> :)
19:38:04 <davidnind> Otherwise we can go to the next topic - setting the next meeting date
19:38:21 <ashimema> nothing extra from me here.
19:39:36 <davidnind> #topic Next meeting
19:40:40 <davidnind> 6 March 2019 14:00 UTC? (last meeting was at 14:00)
19:40:53 <ashimema> haha.. I was about to make the same suggestion
19:41:01 * ashimema was digging through the callendar too
19:41:19 <ashimema> +1 from me
19:41:34 <mng> +1
19:41:37 <davidnind> #info Next meeting 6 March 2019 14:00 UTC
19:41:52 <davidnind> #endmeeting