20:01:13 <ashimema> #startmeeting General IRC meeting 13 November 2019
20:01:14 <huginn> Meeting started Wed Nov 13 20:01:13 2019 UTC.  The chair is ashimema. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
20:01:14 <huginn> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #startvote.
20:01:14 <huginn> The meeting name has been set to 'general_irc_meeting_13_november_2019'
20:01:28 <ashimema> #topic Introductions
20:01:33 <ashimema> #info Please introduce yourselves using "#info" in front of your introduction to have it show up in the automatic minutes
20:01:37 <oleonard> #info Owen Leonard, Athens County Public Libraries, USA
20:01:44 <ashimema> #info Martin Renvoize, PTFS-Europe, UK
20:01:47 <caroline_crazycatlady> #info Caroline Cyr La Rose, inlibro, Montréal, Canada
20:01:54 <ashimema> #chair rangi
20:01:54 <huginn> Current chairs: ashimema rangi
20:01:56 <ashimema> #chair cait
20:01:56 <huginn> Warning: Nick not in channel: cait
20:01:56 <huginn> Current chairs: ashimema cait rangi
20:01:57 <lisettelatah> #info Lisette Scheer, Latah County Library District, USA
20:02:02 <andreashm> #info Andreas Hedström Mace, Stockholm University Library, Sweden
20:02:14 <liliputech_asu> #info Arthur Suzuki, BibLibre, FR
20:02:38 <tcohen> #info Tomas Cohen Arazi, Theke Solutions
20:02:42 <oleonard> [off] "Nick not in channel?" kidclamp is right there
20:02:44 <thd> #info Thomas Dukleth, Agogme, New York City
20:03:53 <cait> #info Katrin Fischer, Germany
20:04:09 <ashimema> hmm.. feels a little thin on the ground..
20:04:09 <ashimema> we'll wait a few more mins
20:04:32 <davidnind> #info David Nind, Wellington, New Zealand
20:04:46 <caroline_crazycatlady> thin? this is a crowd!
20:05:04 <khall> #info Kyle Hall, ByWater Solutions
20:05:05 <andreashm> =)
20:05:07 <caroline_crazycatlady> (sorry, I'm used to mdocs meetings with like 3 ppl)
20:05:08 <bag> !bang
20:05:08 <AnnaBoten> There is no hunt right now! You can start a hunt with the 'start' command
20:05:14 <liliputech_asu> my first koha general meeting :)
20:05:14 <ashimema> haha
20:05:15 <aleisha> #info Aleisha Amohia, Catalyst IT, New Zealand
20:05:24 <bag> #info Brendan Gallagher ByWater
20:05:40 <ashimema> nice entrance there bag
20:05:45 <bag> :P
20:05:56 <ashimema> :)
20:05:58 <liliputech_asu> :)
20:06:04 <ashimema> Right.. few more of us here nw :)
20:06:18 <ashimema> #topic Announcements
20:07:09 <ashimema> #info We are entering string freeze for the 19.11 release as of the end of this meeting. Go forth and translate :)
20:07:25 <tcohen> [off] it felt like bag just entered the tavern in the far west
20:07:41 <ashimema> Bernardo has already created the new branch on translate.koha-community.org for me and uploaded the strings.
20:07:44 <caroline_crazycatlady> [off] lol tcohen! Exactly!
20:08:10 <ashimema> Did I spot rangi a second ago..?
20:08:15 <cait> not on translate yet, but that might take a bit longer
20:08:51 <davidnind> #info Kohacon20 - Submissions for talks close on 1 December https://2020.kohacon.org/posts/talksubmission/
20:09:03 <ashimema> I see them on translate cait?
20:09:07 <cait> only have like 6 changes for German, that seems unrealistic :)
20:09:14 <ashimema> though listed at the bottom instead of the top for some reason.
20:09:36 <cait> https://translate.koha-community.org/de/19.11/ - it probably just takes a little while longer
20:09:40 <caroline_crazycatlady> yeah, mine is 100% done... ??
20:09:48 <ashimema> ah.. perhaps not fully there yet then.. I'll catch him after the meeting.
20:10:00 <cait> caroline_crazycatlady: would be nice, eh? :)
20:10:15 <ashimema> thinks davidnind.. any other kohacon20 updates?
20:10:16 <caroline_crazycatlady> lol! I feel underwhelmed!
20:10:37 <cait> rangi: KohaCon20? :)
20:10:51 <aleisha> i have kohacon updates!
20:10:53 <davidnind> #info The third Pakisatan Kohacon is 16-18 April 2020 in Lahore, Pakistan http://2020.kohapakistan.org/
20:11:12 <aleisha> so as davidnind already noted, talk submissions close on 1 december so get them in!
20:11:22 <ashimema> ooh.. fire away :)
20:11:44 <rangi> #info Chris Cormack, Catalyst IT, New Zealand
20:12:06 <aleisha> also we'll be updating on sponsorship soon but we have started having some conversations already. at this point we are accepting cash sponsorship as well as acknowledging organisations that sponsor their people to attend in work time
20:12:58 <ashimema> ptfs-e have asked for internal submissions by the end of this week.. just trying to work out who to send etc then we'll submit up to you guys shortly.
20:13:09 <aleisha> sounds great
20:14:00 <aleisha> those are the key updates for now, any other news will be posted to the list :)
20:14:26 <ashimema> #info KohaCon20 Sponsorship conversations are underway. Cash donations are welcome but organisations sending deligate will also be acknowledged :)
20:14:39 <ashimema> great, thanks..
20:14:47 <ashimema> any other announcements?
20:14:50 <davidnind> #info Nice write-up of the Maldives Library Association and National Library Koha training https://infomalias.wordpress.com/2019/11/12/completed-a-successful-koha-training/
20:15:03 <ashimema> moving on then
20:15:11 <davidnind> Koha is everywhere :)
20:15:11 <ashimema> #topic Update on releases
20:16:08 <ashimema> #info 19.11 has progressed nicely the last few weeks, thanks to all for their hard work.. We're entering string freeze as of the end of this meeting.
20:17:25 <ashimema> #info 19.05 et al missed their release window in October due to too many other commitments so the November release will be a bumper one.
20:18:30 <ashimema> ok.. don't think any of the rmaints are present so I can't think of any other updates to give there..
20:18:31 <ashimema> onto the next topic we march
20:18:41 <ashimema> #topic Election of 20.05 release team
20:19:08 <ashimema> #link https://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Roles_for_20.05 20.05 Roles
20:19:51 <oleonard> uh oh... short on release maintainers?
20:19:55 <cait> yep
20:20:03 <caroline_crazycatlady> I'm willing to let davidnind continue as manager
20:20:03 <ashimema> We are still missing a couple of key positions I'm afraid.. I've been trying to temp various people but haven't suceeded yet.
20:20:08 <caroline_crazycatlady> docs manager that is
20:20:12 <cait> but i think we should still have the vote and then add them later?
20:20:29 <ashimema> Names, RMaint's for 19.11 and 18.11
20:20:52 <davidnind> caroline_crazycatlady: Will try and do a bit better this time:-D
20:21:03 <rangi> someone from catalyst will do 18.11
20:21:12 <rangi> we'll work out who later
20:21:14 <caroline_crazycatlady> davidnind: do you want to continue? I was thinking of you as a strategy manager and I could be operations manager?
20:21:15 <tcohen> catalyst+++
20:21:30 <ashimema> catalyst++
20:21:47 <davidnind> caroline_crazycatlady: sounds like a plan
20:21:52 <ashimema> sounds like a great idea to me caroline_crazycatlady
20:21:54 <davidnind> catalyst++
20:22:04 <ashimema> share the role, share the load :)
20:22:42 <cait> ok, so missing the 19.11 rmaint now, right?
20:23:00 <ashimema> correct cait
20:23:27 <ashimema> thd, are you not standing for wiki curator?
20:23:30 <caroline_crazycatlady> davidnind: ok, I'll do the nitty gritty (taiga, gitlab) and you can do the broader stuff which you started to do brilliantly
20:23:33 <ashimema> be nice to get that migration completed ;)
20:24:01 <thd> Yes, I would have added my name but I wanted to finish the migration first.
20:24:06 <caroline_crazycatlady> (love the docs plan)
20:24:18 <davidnind> caroline_crazycatlady++
20:24:26 <cait> caroline_crazycatlady++ davidnind++
20:24:41 <ashimema> ++
20:24:42 <thd> I am about to have a working migration script.
20:24:51 <davidnind> thd++
20:25:15 <thd> It already works but just missing some pieces.
20:25:23 <ashimema> Does anyone have any thoughts on a stable rmaint?
20:26:48 <tcohen> cait
20:26:49 <tcohen> :-P
20:26:53 <cait> tcohen
20:27:03 <cait> and if you want me to do less QA...
20:27:13 <cait> but i will do it if we can't come up with another solution
20:27:36 <thd> I added my name.
20:27:39 <cait> but the 19.11 is the most busy, so it takes a lot of time
20:27:43 <ashimema> biblibre felt they didn't have anyone with the expertise to step into any rmaint roles.. Frido needs a well deserved break from it
20:27:49 <andreashm> cait++
20:27:55 <ashimema> thanks thd
20:29:27 <rangi> if no one else does, I can help cait with 19.11 (she is vitally important to QA, so I wouldn't want to take away from that, so would prefer if someone else did it)
20:29:28 <ashimema> if it comes to it I could share some of the rmaint load.. but it feels like we're really starting to pull on the same small group of people for everything..
20:29:37 <rangi> snap ashimema :)
20:29:46 <ashimema> development will suffer if we're pulling resources out of SO and QA pools.
20:29:59 <ashimema> ++
20:30:03 <rangi> how about
20:30:11 <rangi> i volunteer as mentor
20:30:17 <rangi> for 19.11
20:30:36 <rangi> so that someone who wants to try can, with the knowledge they can lean on me
20:30:44 <koha-jenkins> Yippee, build fixed!
20:30:44 <wahanui> Congratulations!
20:30:44 <oleonard> That's a great offer!
20:30:45 <koha-jenkins> Project Koha_Master_U18 build #475: FIXED in 42 min: https://jenkins.koha-community.org/job/Koha_Master_U18/475/
20:31:07 <tcohen> is the 19.11 Rmaint the only empty position?
20:31:11 <rangi> yep
20:32:21 <cait> sowe could rangi's offer... we have a backup plan
20:32:25 <cait> and see if someone steps up?
20:32:46 <cait> ok, that English didn't work so well
20:32:53 <liliputech_asu> well. given we don't use 19.11 @biblibre I don't think anyone will fit the position. would have more sense than someone from biblibre work a bit on 18.11. I proposed Paul to do it but being junior he thought it would have been early
20:33:00 <ashimema> that would be fantastic rangi... I was thinking simlar thoughts.. happy to mentor but also know the level of commitment I already have as rm
20:33:28 <cait> I tink the important bit is to dedicate time regularly
20:34:08 <cait> it's not super hard once you have set everything up
20:34:22 <ashimema> agreed.. they're important roles, but it's as much about process as anything.. the technicalityof it isn't that challenging (and you can always push back on devs for help for the technical bits)
20:34:43 <cait> if something didn't apply, I pushed it back to devs for rebase
20:34:47 <cait> that usually worked quite well
20:35:05 <cait> but you should do a fair bit of testing especially if there have been conflicts
20:35:14 <ashimema> I'm happy to mentor too.. that way we'd have pretty much all timezones covered.. rangi and I being on oposite side of the globe and all.
20:35:21 <rangi> sounds good
20:36:22 <kidclamp> I can help too betwen your timezones
20:37:00 <liliputech_asu> 'kay. got to talk to paul_p about it, i would happily apply but guess I shouldn't do it without his approval? :)
20:37:23 <ashimema> Shall we vote on what we've got and I'll keep hunting for a name to put on that role in the lead up to this release.
20:37:37 <oleonard> liliputech_asu: If we all vote for you he'll have no choice!
20:37:47 <liliputech_asu> hah! ^^
20:37:58 <tcohen> hahaha
20:38:04 <liliputech_asu> I already have most of the technical stuff installed by the way :)
20:38:31 <andreashm> liliputech_asu++
20:38:34 <ashimema> brill.. I feel a little more confident now :)
20:39:04 <liliputech_asu> oleonard = evil genius ;)
20:39:12 <ashimema> OK.. so..
20:39:45 <ashimema> Shall we vote on the page is it now stands.. or does anyone have any specifics they'd like to query first?
20:40:07 <cait> shall we vote in liliputech_asu ? :)  he could still step back :P
20:40:33 <liliputech_asu> rangi: if I'm going to apply to an RMaint role, i think it makes more sense that I apply for 18.11 rmaint since that's the release we currently support for our client
20:41:09 <oleonard> Is it the same for you rangi?
20:41:24 <liliputech_asu> but if it's non relevant then I may fit in 19.11 then
20:41:57 <tcohen> I need to leave, count me as a positive vote please :-D
20:42:37 <rangi> you can flip it around if you want, put catalyst in 19.11, and you in 18.11 liliputech_asu
20:42:41 <ashimema> thanks tcohen for sticking around.. I realise it was home time for you a little while ago
20:42:44 <rangi> we'll sort it out
20:43:35 <ashimema> lets vote on the rest and we can shuffle the rmaint around a bit as we finalise the details
20:43:45 <liliputech_asu> m'kay
20:43:55 <ashimema> ok.. just phrasing the vote
20:44:25 <ashimema> #startvote Do we agree to the release team as proposed on https://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Roles_for_20.05 with the exception that the 19.11 release maintainer is still to be found? yes,no,obstain
20:44:25 <huginn> Begin voting on: Do we agree to the release team as proposed on https://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Roles_for_20.05 with the exception that the 19.11 release maintainer is still to be found? Valid vote options are yes, no, obstain.
20:44:25 <huginn> Vote using '#vote OPTION'. Only your last vote counts.
20:44:39 <rangi> #vote yes
20:44:45 <aleisha> #vote yes
20:44:47 <liliputech_asu> #vote yes
20:44:51 <andreashm> #vote yes
20:44:54 <cait> #vote yes
20:44:55 <lisettelatah> #vote yes
20:44:58 <ashimema> #vote yes
20:44:58 <thd> #vote yes
20:44:58 <caroline_crazycatlady> #vote yes
20:45:05 <bag> #vote yes
20:45:15 <oleonard> #vote yes
20:45:25 <donna> #vote yes
20:45:30 <davidnind> #vote yes
20:46:04 * ashimema watches all the people come out of the woodwork to vote and then dissapear again
20:46:08 <cait> :)
20:46:14 <liliputech_asu> (just realizing than much API stuff I've been looking around for couple months is on 19.11... :)
20:46:19 <cait> civic duties... right?
20:46:34 <liliputech_asu> cait++
20:46:45 <ashimema> 3
20:46:50 <ashimema> 2
20:46:54 <ashimema> 1
20:46:57 <ashimema> #endvote
20:46:57 <huginn> Voted on "Do we agree to the release team as proposed on https://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Roles_for_20.05 with the exception that the 19.11 release maintainer is still to be found?" Results are
20:46:57 <huginn> yes (13): davidnind, liliputech_asu, lisettelatah, andreashm, ashimema, bag, cait, rangi, caroline_crazycatlady, oleonard, thd, aleisha, donna
20:47:15 <ashimema> Thankyou everyone
20:47:23 <ashimema> onto our last topic..
20:48:06 <ashimema> #topic Set date and time for next meeting
20:48:39 <cait> ah THAT topic :)
20:48:54 <ashimema> 11th December sounds reasonable for people?
20:49:07 <cait> yep
20:49:11 <liliputech_asu> great :)
20:49:14 <caroline_crazycatlady> good
20:49:25 <davidnind> +1
20:49:36 <thd> I may be flying to California that day but +1.
20:50:01 <ashimema> shall we stick to the 'flip/flop' time arrangment and go with the earlier slot..
20:50:33 <liliputech_asu> which is the earlier slot?
20:50:43 <ashimema> or, rangi, are you guys going to be starting to ramp up kohacon20 thought and as such shall we do a later one again?
20:50:59 <rangi> save that for january
20:51:10 <andreashm> early one sounds good. =)
20:51:14 <ashimema> erm.. 1pm UTC I believe at this time of year
20:51:22 <liliputech_asu> any would do for me =)
20:51:30 <ashimema> brill
20:51:44 <liliputech_asu> *thumbsup*
20:51:47 <ashimema> so.. for clarity thats
20:52:09 <caroline_crazycatlady> can you do 14utc?
20:52:15 <ashimema> 11 December 2019, 13 UTC
20:52:36 <ashimema> 14 works for me still
20:52:50 <liliputech_asu> Still works for me as well
20:53:45 <ashimema> ok.. 14 it is then
20:53:51 <caroline_crazycatlady> thank you!
20:54:07 <ashimema> #info Next meeting: 11 December 2019, 14 UTC
20:54:18 <ashimema> thankyou everyone for attending :)
20:54:24 <ashimema> #endmeeting