18:04:47 <cait> #startmeeting General IRC meeting 8 May 2019
18:04:47 <huginn`> Meeting started Wed May  8 18:04:47 2019 UTC.  The chair is cait. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
18:04:47 <huginn`> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #startvote.
18:04:47 <huginn`> The meeting name has been set to 'general_irc_meeting_8_may_2019'
18:04:55 <cait> #topic Introductions
18:04:59 <cait> please introduce yourself using #info
18:05:07 <cait> #chair caroline_catlady
18:05:07 <huginn`> Current chairs: cait caroline_catlady
18:05:14 <cait> #chair kidclamp
18:05:14 <huginn`> Current chairs: cait caroline_catlady kidclamp
18:05:26 <Charles_Quain> #info Charles Quain Interleaf Technology
18:05:30 <caroline_catlady> #info Caroline Cyr La Rose, inLibro
18:05:31 <cait> #info Katrin Fischer, BSZ, Germany
18:05:34 <thd> #info Thomas Dukleth, Agogme, New York City
18:05:43 <georgew> #info George Williams - Northeast Kansas Library System
18:05:46 <lisettelatah> #info Lisette Scheer, Latah County Library District, Moscow, Idaho
18:05:50 <cait> #link https://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/General_IRC_meeting_8_May_2019 Today's agenda
18:05:51 <kidclamp> #info Nick Clemens, ByWater Solutions
18:05:54 <Joubu> #info Jonathan Druart
18:06:08 <davidnind> #info David Nind, Wellington, New Zealand
18:06:30 <cait> i will give it alittle more time
18:07:15 <tcohen> #info Tomas Cohen Arazi, Theke Solutions
18:07:34 <cait> ping people that are lurking :)
18:07:55 <cait> khall: lukeG ?
18:08:08 <cait> ok, moving on in a second
18:08:27 <cait> #topic Announcements
18:08:38 <cait> anyone? :)
18:09:13 <georgew> koha-US is accepting proposals for our conference in September
18:09:42 <cait> #info koha-US is accepting proposals for its conference in September
18:09:48 <cait> thx!
18:09:55 <caroline_catlady> argh you out-info'd me ;)
18:09:58 <georgew> And I'm trying to post the link but I can't find it AAAA
18:10:05 <lisettelatah> #link https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfUyOAowsiGoOwAI_jj_YIiMRbIlbZgvSkSDuoDMjzFVkb51Q/viewform?usp=sf_link
18:10:09 <cait> :)
18:10:14 <georgew> Thanks lisettelatah
18:10:19 <cait> moving on!
18:10:26 <cait> #topic Updates on releases
18:10:29 <cait> Rmaints?
18:10:29 <wahanui> Rmaints is ashimema and fridolin are the rmaints
18:10:37 <cait> RM?
18:10:42 <cait> kidclamp?
18:10:42 <wahanui> it has been said that kidclamp is reply i guess kidclamp is the first RM not to be bribed
18:11:51 <cait> #info We have reached feature freeze and are approaching feature slush on 10 May
18:12:18 <cait> i hope things are on track ;)
18:12:22 <cait> moving on?
18:12:44 <cait> ah
18:12:49 <cait> sec
18:13:11 <cait> #link https://gitlab.com/koha-community/koha-release-notes/blob/master/release_notes_18_12_00.md pre-release notes for 19.05
18:13:48 <cait> #info Help needed to add more info to the release notes using the notes field in bugzilla for release notes
18:13:58 <cait> hope that makes sense
18:14:16 <cait> moving on!
18:14:20 <cait> #topic KohaCon19
18:14:25 <cait> Charles_Quain?
18:14:35 <Charles_Quain> All going well
18:14:44 <Charles_Quain> #info 187 delegates signed up
18:15:01 <Charles_Quain> #info all speaking slots and workshops filled
18:15:12 <Charles_Quain> #info Huge thanks to our donors
18:15:27 <cait> nice :)
18:15:42 <Charles_Quain> finalising the Culture Day outings this week
18:16:01 <Charles_Quain> looking forward to seeing everyone in Dublin in 2 weeks
18:16:34 <kidclamp> ah yes, things are cool, fix the bugs, be execellent to eac hother
18:16:43 <cait> heh
18:17:26 <Charles_Quain> if anyone has questions around the wider Dublin stuff, feel free to email me directly.
18:17:37 <cait> #link https://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Kohacon19/Social Info about people arriving/leaving and pubs
18:17:57 <cait> also add yourself if you want to :)
18:18:17 <Charles_Quain> I put a few names on the pub list, but didnt want to do too many in case I gave a bad impression of my social life!
18:18:27 <cait> of living in Dublin? :)
18:18:54 <ashimema_> grr, seems my irc connection is dead again..!
18:18:59 <Charles_Quain> some great pubs to be sampled.
18:19:07 <ashimema_> sorry I missed most of the meeting.. was sitting waiting for it to begin!
18:19:15 <cait> ashimemaanything to add to Kohacon?
18:19:28 <ashimema_> no idea what's been said
18:19:32 <ashimema_> literally just joined
18:19:33 <ashimema_> :(
18:19:56 <cait> anything about the workshops maybe?
18:20:00 <cait> we heard all slots are filled
18:20:37 <Charles_Quain> There is a google form for those who want to sign up - sent out via eventbrite. Give me a sec and I'll send the link
18:20:44 <ashimema_> Nothing really to add to that
18:21:01 <ashimema_> Workshops attendance looks like a nice spread.
18:21:22 <caroline_catlady> what if we can't decide?
18:21:29 <Charles_Quain> https://forms.gle/KrHt5FxwvWt9jm8c7
18:21:36 <caroline_catlady> will we be refused at the door?
18:21:50 <Charles_Quain> Not at all.
18:21:57 <cait> :)
18:21:59 <Charles_Quain> The doorman can be bribed!
18:22:08 <cait> i might switch if the technical ones are too hard... :)
18:22:15 * cait will bring extra chocolate
18:22:22 <cait> did you plan for a sweets table?
18:22:25 <caroline_catlady> bringing maple candies for bribes
18:22:51 <Charles_Quain> Well, Interleaf is famous for giving away small jars of jelly beans at conferences...
18:22:58 <ashimema_> It's just so we can guestimate the numbers and allocate rooms suitably.. change welcome on the day.. I may even shift the program around a little if I get the overwhelming feeling that two really popular one's overlap ;)
18:23:47 <cait> cool
18:23:51 <cait> ok, moving on?
18:24:03 <cait> might on longer torture the ones not being able to attend
18:24:07 <cait> not longer...
18:24:38 <cait> #topic Elections!
18:24:41 <cait> no veto, so moving on :)
18:24:46 <cait> main part of today's meeting
18:25:03 <cait> I see we had some last minute additions, very happy :)
18:25:16 <cait> #link https://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Roles_for_19.11 Proposals for 19.11 release team
18:25:18 <tcohen> \o/
18:25:42 <wizzyrea> #Liz Rea, doer of things
18:25:42 <cait> main event
18:25:56 <tcohen> can I veto the absense of rangi on the QA team?
18:25:59 <cait> please review the page and ask any questions you have
18:26:30 <cait> tcohen: shame on me for not noticing until now he had escaped!
18:26:37 <cait> i think we can still fix that a little later
18:26:48 <tcohen> we can volunteer him of course ;-)
18:26:52 <ashimema_> rangi on qa++
18:27:01 <Joubu> Previous RMs are part of the QA team de facto, iirc :)
18:27:01 <ashimema_> confident we can bend his arm
18:27:03 <cait> also, if you want to sign up and haven't yet, please do now :)
18:27:13 <cait> and give us a little heads up so we can hit refresh
18:27:16 <tcohen> hola Yonatán
18:27:20 <ashimema_> oh really Joubu, I wasn't aware of that one
18:27:29 <cait> not sure if it's documented
18:27:36 <cait> i htink they are part of security group
18:27:38 <cait> not sure about qa
18:28:01 <wizzyrea> well if it isn't a rule it should be :P
18:28:11 <wizzyrea> #info Liz Rea, doer of things
18:28:17 <cait> any questions? :)
18:28:28 <cait> someone still not sure who needs a little encouragement?
18:28:30 <wizzyrea> this all seems fine to me?
18:28:32 <cait> ashimema: shibboleth? ;)
18:28:58 <ashimema_> happy to be cait
18:29:04 <cait> ok, my plan is to vote for the whole team in one big vote
18:29:13 <cait> if that receives no veto
18:29:19 <wizzyrea> fine by me
18:29:23 <caroline_catlady> +1
18:29:23 <ashimema_> I mostly went for RM and didn't think it hugely appropriate to do other things at the same time that may conflict..
18:29:30 <thd> ++
18:29:36 <ashimema_> +1 on whole team vote
18:29:40 <davidnind> +1
18:29:48 <cait> #startvote Shall we vote on the whole release team 19.11 in one big vote as listed on the wiki page? (yes,no,abstain)
18:29:48 <huginn`> Begin voting on: Shall we vote on the whole release team 19.11 in one big vote as listed on the wiki page? Valid vote options are , yes, no, abstain, .
18:29:48 <huginn`> Vote using '#vote OPTION'. Only your last vote counts.
18:30:03 <cait> ashimema: i kind of forgot :)
18:30:03 <thd> #vote ye
18:30:03 <huginn`> thd: ye is not a valid option. Valid options are , yes, no, abstain, .
18:30:07 <wizzyrea> #vote yes
18:30:07 <thd> #vote yes
18:30:07 <caroline_catlady> this is a vote on the vote?
18:30:09 <cait> #vote yes
18:30:12 <cait> yep
18:30:13 <lisettelatah> #vote yes
18:30:18 <caroline_catlady> #vote yes
18:30:21 <georgew> #vote yes
18:30:22 <cait> vote on the method... vote vote next :)
18:30:25 <davidnind> #vote yes
18:30:53 <tcohen> #vote yes
18:31:02 <cait> 5
18:31:03 <cait> 4
18:31:06 <cait> 3
18:31:08 <cait> 2
18:31:11 <cait> 1
18:31:12 <ashimema_> #vote yes
18:31:12 <cait> ...
18:31:16 <Joubu> #vote yes
18:31:25 <cait> #endvote
18:31:25 <huginn`> Voted on "Shall we vote on the whole release team 19.11 in one big vote as listed on the wiki page?" Results are
18:31:25 <huginn`> yes (10): Joubu, georgew, caroline_catlady, cait, lisettelatah, davidnind, wizzyrea, tcohen, thd, ashimema_
18:31:34 <cait> ok, preparing the vote vote sec
18:31:49 <cait> hm, i might need help to phrase a question
18:32:27 <Joubu> questions about the proposal, maybe? :)
18:32:34 <wizzyrea> Accept the whole team documented as at whatever the time is now UTC at https://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Roles_for_19.11
18:32:36 <cait> i#ve asked for questions before :)
18:32:45 <cait> wizzyrea: that's not a question :)
18:32:54 <cait> the voting thing wants something that ends with ?
18:32:56 <wizzyrea> oh I thought you were asking for the question for the vote
18:33:01 <Joubu> sorry, did not see it, I have a question then
18:33:05 <wizzyrea> well put a ? on the end
18:33:06 <wizzyrea> lol
18:33:12 <wizzyrea> but it might mess up the url
18:33:13 <cait> Joubu first
18:33:19 <Joubu> I'd like to know how Martin plans to "introduce more collaboration between parties"
18:33:51 <ashimema_> I had hoped to already mail a few company directors but time got away from me
18:34:43 <ashimema_> my hope is to grab a chat with support company purse string holders and get an idea of where they're wanting to focus efforts the next couple of cycles.. spot overlaps and try to get them to agree to time them nicely to collaborate rather than us all being out of sync
18:34:56 <ashimema_> that's an initial plan anyway..
18:35:09 <Joubu> Also, no more "refactoring" or "improve unit tests" bullets on the list. Which means you think we reached a goal already?
18:36:00 <ashimema_> No, I hope to continue to encourage that.. I just forgot to mention it.. the 'improve unit tests' I feel is a given at all times now
18:36:09 <Joubu> ashimema_: ok good plan, just remember it is what I tried :) I hope you will have more chance than me ;)
18:36:19 <ashimema_> we're in better habbits as a community (though we need to keep striving for improvements)
18:36:41 <wizzyrea> well continuous improvement is an excellent goal to have
18:36:48 <caroline_catlady> what a great community we have :)
18:36:54 <cait> also please... no big big patches
18:37:07 <cait> small steps
18:37:38 <Joubu> well, it depends on several things, but most of the time yes, no big patches :)
18:37:41 <ashimema_> those are all general things I think we as a team are looking for.. I am happy to mention them specifically though
18:37:54 <Joubu> thanks ashimema_  :)
18:38:08 <tcohen> ashimema++
18:38:12 <ashimema_> I'd say "If you're looking to do a big patch, get a team behind you before submitting it"
18:38:38 <ashimema_> meaning, get a SO and QA person on side first and work with them whilst writing it rather than having it all land as a surprise
18:38:39 <cait> that's a good approach
18:38:40 <wizzyrea> and be ready for your inevitable followups
18:38:51 <wizzyrea> and your bug fixing
18:38:57 <wizzyrea> don't drop it and disappear
18:39:10 <cait> and write some helpful docs on how to use X :)
18:39:23 <cait> we got our wish list, now just have to work towards it
18:39:23 <Joubu> or... wait for it pushed and disappear
18:39:34 <wizzyrea> yeah that's frustrating
18:39:34 * ashimema_ suggests wizzyrea for a tame SO person.. and I'm sure almost anyone QA wise would be keen to be involved in such bugs early
18:39:47 <wizzyrea> haha you called me tame.
18:40:03 <wizzyrea> ok you're right
18:40:04 <ashimema_> tame as in friendly ;(
18:40:05 <wizzyrea> fine.
18:40:07 <ashimema_> ;)
18:40:07 <wizzyrea> :)
18:40:09 <ashimema_> even
18:40:26 <wizzyrea> but yes I am friendly and also opinionated.
18:40:29 <wizzyrea> >.>
18:40:31 <wizzyrea> <.<
18:40:52 <cait> opinions are good, base for discussion
18:41:02 <wizzyrea> but anyway vote nao?
18:41:11 <cait> Joubu: are you satisfied with the answers?
18:41:31 <Joubu> I will ask more later, do not worry ;)
18:41:50 <Joubu> yes, let's vote!
18:41:59 <cait> #startvote  Do you elect the release team for 19.11 as listed on the wiki at this time? (yes,no,abstain)
18:41:59 <huginn`> Begin voting on: Do you elect the release team for 19.11 as listed on the wiki at this time? Valid vote options are , yes, no, abstain, .
18:41:59 <huginn`> Vote using '#vote OPTION'. Only your last vote counts.
18:42:05 <cait> #vote yes
18:42:14 <caroline_catlady> #vote yes
18:42:16 <davidnind> #vote yes
18:42:18 <lisettelatah> #vote yes
18:42:23 <Joubu> #vote yes
18:42:28 <koha-jenkins> Yippee, build fixed!
18:42:28 <wahanui> Congratulations!
18:42:29 <wizzyrea> #vote yes
18:42:29 <koha-jenkins> Project Koha_18.11_U18 build #76: FIXED in 26 min: https://jenkins.koha-community.org/job/Koha_18.11_U18/76/
18:42:31 <thd> #vote yes
18:42:55 <cait> I am especially happy about the new names on this list!
18:42:57 <georgew> #vote yes
18:43:03 <ashimema_> #vote yes
18:43:40 <tcohen> #vote yes
18:44:11 <cait> giving it another moment :)
18:44:13 <Joubu> koha-jenkins and wahanui take part in the vote!
18:44:26 <wizzyrea> i love that they have a wee bot conversation
18:44:31 <wizzyrea> whenever the build is fixed.
18:44:47 <cait> #endvote
18:44:47 <huginn`> Voted on "Do you elect the release team for 19.11 as listed on the wiki at this time?" Results are
18:44:47 <huginn`> yes (10): Joubu, georgew, caroline_catlady, cait, lisettelatah, davidnind, wizzyrea, ashimema_, thd, tcohen
18:44:51 <ashimema_> oh.. I missed that there are no wiki curators this time around.. interesting
18:44:58 <cait> congratulations everyone! we got a new release team!
18:45:03 <ashimema_> :)
18:45:05 <wizzyrea> \o/
18:45:30 <Joubu> congrats ashimema! And good luck! ;)
18:45:40 <ashimema_> Thanks mate :)
18:45:56 <tcohen> this will be great, ashimema
18:46:00 <cait> ashimema_++ :)
18:46:05 <tcohen> ashimema++
18:46:09 <wizzyrea> I think it's gonna be fun :D
18:46:39 <cait> it's named team for a reason :)
18:46:55 <wizzyrea> away just a minute
18:47:46 <cait> moving on :)
18:47:53 * ashimema_ is looking forward to it all now.. I feel we've got a a great team there
18:47:55 <cait> #topic Time for next meeting
18:48:10 <cait> i think we always do first wednesday of the month
18:48:21 <cait> June 5
18:48:25 <cait> which time?
18:48:31 <thd> almost always
18:48:43 <cait> may 1 was a holida yin a lot of places
18:49:18 <thd> Yes, holidays and other major events should be avoided.
18:49:28 <cait> can someone help with the next time slot?
18:49:33 <ashimema_> works for me
18:49:57 <cait> it looks like april had 14 utc
18:49:58 <caroline_catlady> is there a rotation for times?
18:50:18 * ashimema_ quickly converts that to bst
18:50:28 <thd> Yes, 14 UTC has been used recently.
18:50:40 <cait> 4 pm here
18:50:55 <cait> shoudl be 3pm uk?
18:51:17 <ashimema_> yup, 3pm
18:51:23 <cait> good?
18:51:28 <thd> I am uncertain whether we have had drift from preferences as summer time winter time clocks have changed.
18:51:44 <ashimema_> that's OK for me.. though I'll be coming from the mobile phone for some of it (school pickup time)
18:51:48 <cait> i think one hour earlier might be slightly better for catching people at work
18:52:01 <cait> hm it will be your first RM general :)
18:52:06 <ashimema_> indeed
18:52:09 <ashimema_> could be fun
18:52:13 <cait> would be one hour earlier work better?
18:52:25 <ashimema_> it would for me
18:52:33 <cait> everyon ok with 13 UTC?
18:52:37 <caroline_catlady> +1
18:53:02 <ashimema_> :)
18:53:05 <cait> #info Next meeting: 5 June 2019, 13 UTC
18:53:08 <cait> #endmeeting