14:07:17 <ashimema> #startmeeting Development IRC meeting 15 July 2020
14:07:17 <huginn> Meeting started Wed Jul 15 14:07:17 2020 UTC.  The chair is ashimema. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
14:07:17 <huginn> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #startvote.
14:07:17 <huginn> The meeting name has been set to 'development_irc_meeting_15_july_2020'
14:07:17 <tcohen> where were the instructions for chairing?
14:07:31 <ashimema> #chair cait tcohen
14:07:31 <huginn> Warning: Nick not in channel: cait
14:07:31 <huginn> Current chairs: ashimema cait tcohen
14:07:55 <ashimema> #info Agenda: https://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Development_IRC_meeting_15_July_2020
14:08:13 <ashimema> #topic Introductions
14:08:27 <oleonard> QA team?
14:08:27 <wahanui> QA team are the real gatekeepers, send cookies their way
14:08:31 <ashimema> #info Please introduce yourselves with #info to appear in the minutes
14:08:32 <oleonard> :(
14:08:41 <ashimema> #info Martin Renvoize, PTFS Europe
14:08:47 <oleonard> #info Owen Leonard, Athens County Public Libraries, Ohio, USA
14:08:52 <talljoy> #info Joy Nelson, Bywater Solutions
14:08:53 <ashimema> qa team
14:08:59 <ashimema> cait lucasg
14:09:01 <ashimema> matts
14:09:05 <ashimema> jajm
14:09:34 <tcohen> #info Tomas Cohen Arazi, Theke Solutions
14:09:36 <ashimema> tuxayo
14:09:41 <thd> #info Thomas Dukleth, Agogme, New York City
14:09:46 <oleonard> rmaints?
14:09:46 <wahanui> lukeG, aleisha, and tuxayo, I SUMMON THEE!!
14:09:51 <lukeG1> #info Lucas Gass, ByWater Solutions
14:10:25 <kidclamp> #info, Nick Clemens, ByWater Solutions
14:10:30 <lukeG1> Rmaint going well, we should be good to release on July 22 with a string freeze on the 15th
14:10:42 <jajm> #info Julian Maurice, BibLibre (not 100% there)
14:10:52 <ashimema> #topic Announcements
14:10:59 <tcohen> jajm 80%?
14:11:02 <ashimema> not sure we have any..?
14:11:21 <ashimema> #info Nothing to announce
14:11:37 <ashimema> #topic Updates from the release manager
14:11:55 <tcohen> Joubu is pushing the majors and critical ones today
14:12:12 <ashimema> #info RM is on holiday but has assigned tcohen and ashimema for urgent issues and is checking in occasionally
14:12:25 <ashimema> #info Joubu will be pushing majors and criticals later today
14:12:39 <ashimema> #topic Update from the release maintainers
14:12:46 <ashimema> your turn lukeG1 ;)
14:13:15 <lukeG1> Rmaint going well, we should be good to release on July 22 with a string freeze on the 15th
14:13:17 <lukeG1> :)
14:14:06 <ashimema> #info rmaint is going well, we should be on target for the next releases on July 22nd and string freeze on the 15th
14:14:17 <ashimema> that probably covers us ;)
14:14:36 <ashimema> #topic Updates from the QA team
14:14:41 <ashimema> cait
14:15:03 <tcohen> we are great, working more than ever
14:15:27 <ashimema> anyone else from QA?
14:15:35 <ashimema> hehe
14:16:07 <ashimema> #info QA team are working hard but numbers remain high.
14:16:23 <oleonard> Hm, some editorializing...
14:16:26 <oleonard> ;)
14:16:45 <tcohen> hehe
14:16:48 <ashimema> #info 84 bugs in the queue.
14:17:01 <ashimema> haha
14:17:37 <ashimema> did we pick the next bug to hit as a group.. where are we at with the table merges bug now
14:17:50 <tcohen> I signed it
14:17:52 <ashimema> It's had tcohen and I SO on it.. I think we were hoping for one more QA person to check it out?
14:18:06 <tcohen> that's correct
14:18:43 <tcohen> I also proposed kidclamp and khall_ to work on the circ rules UI revamp on friday
14:20:38 <ashimema> #info Looking for a final QA signoff on bug 20271, tochen and ashimema have both done their testing
14:20:40 <huginn> 04Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=20271 enhancement, P1 - high, ---, jonathan.druart, Signed Off , Merge deleted biblio, biblioitems, biblio_metadata, and items tables
14:20:42 <ashimema> haha.. I've been working on that today :)
14:20:54 <oleonard> davidnind and I have been slowly testing Bug 19532
14:20:56 <huginn> 04Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=19532 new feature, P1 - high, ---, aleisha, Needs Signoff , Recalls for Koha
14:21:15 <ashimema> #action ashimema is working on qa for bug 15522
14:21:16 <huginn> 04Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=15522 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Signed Off , New interface for revamped circulation rules
14:22:12 <ashimema> ok
14:22:14 <ashimema> #topic Actions from last meeting
14:22:26 <ashimema> did I see tuxayo around?
14:23:10 <ashimema> ok.. lets role is forward
14:23:11 <ashimema> #action tuxayo - write a proposal for handing over stable branches
14:23:52 <ashimema> I'm thinking the whole template idea isn't so great at the moment.. I couldn't come up with a good bug report for is so it's perhaps not a worthwhile endeavour at this point
14:23:58 <ashimema> shelving
14:25:07 <ashimema> #info Ashimema did a quick draft accessibility guideline to promote the use of  `.maincontent`
14:25:17 <ashimema> #link https://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Coding_Guidelines#.5BDRAFT.5D_ACC1:All_OPAC_pages_require_a_single.27block.27_with_the_.27.maincontent.27_class Draft Guideline
14:25:28 <ashimema> perhaps we can vote on it next meeting when we are more corate
14:25:53 <ashimema> tallerjoy.. did you get any further with terminology guidelines?
14:26:01 <talljoy> i did!
14:26:10 <talljoy> i sent the proposal on the koha-devel list.
14:26:27 <talljoy> TERM3: Inclusive Language
14:26:27 <talljoy> Use inclusive language that promotes a community where everyone feels they are represented.  Avoid terms that express or imply negative ideas that are racist, colonialist, or otherwise biased towards groups of people.  Refer to the terminology list for terms to use/avoid.
14:26:27 <talljoy> Example: Instead of using the term blacklist, use deny list which more accurately describes its function.
14:26:30 <ashimema> oops.. shows I missed it.. my bad
14:26:58 <talljoy> the email has explanations and resources for those interested in reading more.
14:27:00 <ashimema> #info Joy send a proposal for an Inclusive language guideline to the mailing lists
14:27:10 <ashimema> #info Use inclusive language that promotes a community where everyone feels they are represented.  Avoid terms that express or imply negative ideas that are racist, colonialist, or otherwise biased towards groups of people.  Refer to the terminology list for terms to use/avoid.
14:27:33 <ashimema> sounds great to me..
14:27:40 <ashimema> shall we vote on it.. or just add it as is
14:27:48 * ashimema is happy for the later.. I can't see anyone complaining ;)
14:28:13 <talljoy> i'm happy to add it to the wiki page
14:28:13 <kidclamp> add it :-)
14:28:22 <kidclamp> (informal voting)
14:28:29 <ashimema> go for it :)
14:28:35 <talljoy> will do it!
14:28:50 <ashimema> #action talljoy to add the guideline as proposed to the official guidelines wiki page
14:28:54 <ashimema> perfect :)
14:29:11 <ashimema> it's recorded now.. so we'll be poking you next meeting if you havent;.. hehe
14:29:27 <ashimema> ok.. so I totally forgot about the direct object notation stuff.. I'll carry that one forward
14:30:04 <ashimema> #action ashimema to propose a guideline ragarding using direction object notation rather than indirect object notation
14:30:20 <ashimema> no tuxayo again.. so lets carry that one too
14:30:33 <ashimema> #action tuxayo - prepare draft update to SQL11 to improve consistency for descriptions in kohastructure files
14:30:46 <ashimema> dang.. forgot to update requirements too
14:30:58 <ashimema> #action ashimema to update minimum koha requirements on the website
14:31:04 <ashimema> cait?
14:31:05 <wahanui> cait is qa manager
14:31:12 <oleonard> cait1?
14:31:12 <wahanui> well, cait1 is dding you to the group now too
14:31:14 <kidclamp> and a darn good one too
14:31:42 <ashimema> did I miss an email from cait promoting discussion regarding browser support?
14:31:47 <ashimema> carry again as she's not here to defend herself ;)
14:31:53 <talljoy> ashimema: already done.  https://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Coding_Guidelines#TERM3:_Inclusive_Language
14:31:57 <ashimema> #action cait to propose discussion about supported browsers at next meeting (IE especially)
14:32:09 <ashimema> awesome :)
14:32:25 <ashimema> #action davidnind Find and update relevant places to record Perl version required, including release notes, manual and wiki (one source of the truth)
14:32:43 <ashimema> ok.. that's everything carried forward that needs to be I think
14:32:46 <ashimema> so....
14:32:52 <ashimema> #topic General development discussion
14:33:01 <ashimema> anyone have anything they wish to raise?
14:33:23 <oleonard> I have lots of fun patches waiting for signoffs and you should test them :)
14:33:40 <ashimema> bug numbers ;P
14:34:13 <oleonard> Bug 20168 especially
14:34:14 <huginn> 04Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=20168 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, Needs Signoff , Update of the OPAC bootstrap template to bootstrap v4
14:34:21 <ashimema> #info I'd like to thank people for jumping on accessibility bugs.. they've moved remarkably quickly with them going through SO and QA almost as fast as I can write them :)
14:34:38 <ashimema> #info bug 20168 is looking for testers
14:35:03 <ashimema> #info Bootstrap v4 for OPAC
14:36:02 <ashimema> ok.. that'll probably do us
14:36:11 <ashimema> #info Review of coding guidelines
14:36:21 <cait1> #info Katrin Fischer, BSZ, Germany
14:36:23 <cait1> sorry for being late
14:36:26 <ashimema> #topic Review of coding guidelines
14:36:29 <ashimema> even
14:37:04 <ashimema> #info talljoy has now added "TERM3 - Inclusive language" the guidelines :)
14:37:24 <ashimema> I think that's it on that front
14:37:33 <ashimema> Now for the hardest topic.. lol
14:37:43 <ashimema> #topic Set time of next meeting
14:39:32 <ashimema> 19 UTC on 29th?
14:40:01 <kidclamp> sounds good
14:40:47 <talljoy> yes
14:41:05 <tcohen> +1
14:41:33 <ashimema> #info Next meeting: July 29, 2020 19 UTC
14:41:35 <ashimema> brill.. thanks everyone
14:41:40 <ashimema> #endmeeting