20:00:15 <ashimema> #startmeeting General IRC meeting 13 May 2020
20:00:15 <huginn> Meeting started Wed May 13 20:00:15 2020 UTC.  The chair is ashimema. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
20:00:15 <huginn> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #startvote.
20:00:15 <huginn> The meeting name has been set to 'general_irc_meeting_13_may_2020'
20:00:24 <ashimema> #topic Introductions
20:00:39 <ashimema> please use "#info" in front of your introduction to have it show up in the automatic minutes
20:00:49 <ashimema> #info Martin Renvoize, PTFS-Europe
20:00:49 <rangi> #info Chris Cormack, Catalyst IT, NZ
20:00:52 <ashimema> rmaints?
20:00:52 <wahanui> hmmm... rmaints is talljoy, lukeG, hayley
20:00:54 <thd> #info Thomas Dukleth, Agogme, New York City
20:00:55 <lisettelatah> #info Lisette Scheer, Latah County Library District/Valnet/Koha-US
20:01:00 <ashimema> qa team?
20:01:00 <wahanui> qa team are the real gatekeepers, send cookies their way
20:01:04 <Joubu> #info Jonathan Druart
20:01:07 <Joubu> qa_team?
20:01:07 <wahanui> qa_team is cait Joubu marcelr kohaputti josef_moravec tcohen kidclamp khall
20:01:09 <georgew> #info George Williams, Northeast Kansas Library System
20:01:11 <jzairo> #info Jessica Zairo, ByWater Solutions
20:01:15 <talljoy> #info Joy Nelson Bywater
20:01:17 <bgkriegel> #info Bernardo Gonzalez Kriegel
20:01:27 <davidnind> #info David Nind, Wellington, New Zealand
20:01:27 <tcohen> #info Tomas Cohen Arazi, Theke Solutions
20:02:11 <mtj> #info Mason James, NZ
20:02:23 <kidclamp> #info Nick Clemens, bywater
20:02:27 <henryb> #info Henry Bolshaw, House of Lords Library, UK
20:02:36 <tuxayo> #info tuxayo/Victor Grousset, France
20:02:47 <ashimema> wow.. full house tonight
20:03:22 <ashimema> #topic Announcements
20:03:26 * kidclamp outside with kid, so may get distracted
20:03:36 <cait> #info Katrin Fischer, BSZ, Germany
20:03:45 <Joubu> #link https://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/General_IRC_meeting_13_May_2020
20:03:53 <bag> #info Brendan Gallagher, ByWater
20:04:24 <ashimema> #chair Joubu
20:04:24 <huginn> Current chairs: Joubu ashimema
20:04:28 <ashimema> #chair cait
20:04:28 <huginn> Current chairs: Joubu ashimema cait
20:04:38 <davidnind> #info Kohacon2020 will be a hybrid online and in-person event - see https://lists.katipo.co.nz/pipermail/koha/2020-May/054572.html
20:04:47 <ashimema> thanks for the agenda link Joubu.. I always forget that
20:05:37 <tcohen> Air New Zealand just announced they won't fly from Argentina for a while, there go my hopes
20:05:52 <davidnind> :-(
20:06:24 <ashimema> #info The next scheduled releases of Koha are likely to be the last to officially support Debian 8 (Jessie). This is inline with the End Of Life upstream
20:06:26 <davidnind> They seem to have cut most of their international flights, how are your yachting skills?
20:06:34 <ashimema> #link https://wiki.debian.org/LTS Debian LTS Details
20:06:42 * Joubu wonders if we will make video chat from pubs after the conferences
20:07:00 <rangi> thats the plan Joubu :)
20:07:13 <Joubu> hehe great :)
20:07:15 <ashimema> I love that idea Joubu.. though pub time there will be breakfast time here :(
20:07:17 <tcohen> hehehe
20:07:27 <tuxayo-read-only> Nice idea
20:07:33 <ashimema> not sure I'll get away with that.. can imagine the breakfast ptfs-e meeting with a beer in hand
20:07:38 <tuxayo> To have also the less formal part
20:07:43 <georgew> It's 5:00 somewhere
20:07:47 <Joubu> breakfast stout then
20:07:53 <ashimema> haha
20:08:06 <ashimema> any other anouncements to make?
20:08:44 <Joubu> About D8 deprecation, we must focus on D10 support then ;)
20:09:09 <Joubu> and maybe have it the default for devs
20:09:11 <tcohen> +1
20:09:13 * tuxayo notes to always run dev env with Debian 10
20:09:20 <ashimema> Agreed.. it's been one of my focus area's this release and it's certainly improved allot
20:10:05 <Joubu> #info Devs are encouraged to use D10 for their dev environment
20:10:07 <ashimema> Devs should certainly start focusing on using D10 for dev I think
20:10:11 <ashimema> :)
20:10:29 * tcohen is trying to figure why plack doesn't start in D10 ;-)
20:10:30 <davidnind> #info koha-US special interest groups - see http://koha-us.org/special-interest-groups/ for upcoming meetings
20:10:44 * ashimema will be going D10 end of the month.. seemed a little risky to do it just prior to release
20:11:11 <tuxayo> ashimema: as long a docker works ^^
20:11:14 <tuxayo> *as
20:11:42 <davidnind> the special interest groups seem to be going well - it is great they are recorded as well
20:11:51 <davidnind> thanks koha-US!
20:12:04 * ashimema dev's on two machines... D9 and Arch.. arch is way ahead of D10 and works seemlessly with docker so I'm hoping D10 will be fine to
20:12:46 <ashimema> the SIG's are good.. though I'd love to see some more international representation ;)
20:12:49 * tuxayo learns about those special interest groups. Interesting
20:13:04 <Joubu> Should we add the koha-us meetings to the Koha agenda?
20:13:15 <georgew> koha-US would be happy to see more international representation too
20:13:19 <ashimema> moving on...
20:13:20 <ashimema> #topic Update on releases
20:13:32 <tuxayo> > koha-us meetings to the Koha agenda
20:13:32 <tuxayo> Why not
20:13:46 <Joubu> georgew: ping me if you want write access to the Koha agenda
20:14:17 <ashimema> #info We are well and truly into string freeze now.. it was a little late as I had some catching up to do after a weekend of Jenkins challenges.
20:14:31 <tuxayo> It makes sense to also use the agenda for international events about using Koha.
20:14:35 <tuxayo> And not only for making it.
20:14:49 <cait> the fuller the calendar the better :)
20:14:52 <ashimema> #info I will send an email with updated proposed release dates soon
20:15:13 <ashimema> ++ on adding SIGs to the calendar
20:15:28 <tuxayo> ashimema++
20:15:32 <tuxayo> tcohen++
20:15:35 <tuxayo> Thanks for dealing with CI hardships
20:15:45 <tcohen> ah
20:16:08 <ashimema> #info Please help with the find and fix effort to polish the release.. and any help on the release notes would be appreciated too
20:16:34 <rangi> its day one of level 2 and they have decided to dig up the road outside my house, so if i go offline they dug up the fibre by mistake
20:16:41 <ashimema> #info Technical release notes are also work in progress.. if you have anything to bring up for them please contribute your idea's
20:16:52 <tuxayo> # info https://hebdo.framapad.org/p/9ga9-koha-tech-release-notes
20:17:01 <tuxayo> whoops
20:17:04 <tuxayo> #info https://hebdo.framapad.org/p/9ga9-koha-tech-release-notes
20:17:14 <cait> #link  https://hebdo.framapad.org/p/9ga9-koha-tech-release-notes Technical release notes
20:17:16 <ashimema> #link https://hebdo.framapad.org/p/9ga9-koha-tech-release-notes Technical Notes
20:17:20 <cait> heh :)
20:17:21 <tuxayo> Thanks
20:17:28 <ashimema> haha.. thanks tcohen.. you found it a little quicker than me
20:18:07 <ashimema> any updates from the rmaints?
20:18:16 <tuxayo> > find and fix effort to polish the release
20:18:16 <tuxayo> Anything in particular?
20:18:42 <rangi> ashimema: i saw joy sent out string freeze email, so they look to be on track
20:18:57 <ashimema> perfect
20:19:15 <talljoy> on schedule!
20:19:16 <ashimema> #info Maintenance releases are on track for end of the month.
20:19:17 <Joubu> tuxayo: test, bug fix, test bug fix
20:19:24 <ashimema> that was also my understanding.. :)
20:19:57 <ashimema> sooo...
20:20:05 <tuxayo> got it ^^
20:20:07 <ashimema> shall we move on to the piece everyone is waiting for?
20:20:25 <ashimema> #topic Election of 20.11 Release Team
20:20:49 <Joubu> #link https://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Roles_for_20.11
20:20:50 <ashimema> #link https://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Roles_for_20.11 Roles for 20.11
20:21:20 <ashimema> any last minute additions, now is the time to add you names :)
20:21:37 <Joubu> This release team is huge!
20:21:54 <Joubu> with few new names, that's great
20:22:01 <ashimema> it's grown today.. nice
20:22:01 <tuxayo> Come an board the 20.11 ship! o/ last call !
20:22:11 <cait> :)
20:23:11 <ashimema> Great to see some old names back on the QA team list
20:23:15 <ashimema> biblibre++
20:23:21 <cait> :)
20:23:36 <oleonard> #info Owen Leonard, Athens county Public Libraries, Ohio, USA
20:23:42 <tcohen> biblibre++
20:23:46 <tcohen> matts++
20:23:49 <tcohen> jajm++
20:23:51 <ashimema> Henry.. great to see you as a bugwrangler :)
20:23:52 <tuxayo> :D
20:23:52 <tcohen> alex_a++
20:23:53 <cait> alexa++
20:24:01 <tcohen> siri++
20:24:03 <Joubu> yes, biblibre++, I am very happy to have them all on board!
20:24:07 <cait> alex_a++ matts++ jajm++ :)
20:24:17 <Joubu> paul_p++ ;)
20:24:18 <cait> very happy to have them back
20:24:39 <cait> but also happy for everone else, might be able to get the queue down again :)
20:24:50 <tcohen> paul_p++
20:24:52 <tcohen> paul_p++
20:24:58 <ashimema> right..
20:25:00 <tuxayo> biblibre++
20:25:02 <davidnind> Nice to see so many put their names down for the documentation team
20:25:13 <tuxayo> ^^
20:25:19 <tuxayo> This is great
20:25:22 <ashimema> any points to raise/question before I call the vote?
20:25:25 <ashimema> all looks good to me
20:25:40 <cait> no questions
20:27:27 <ashimema> #vote Do we elect the team as proposed on the above linked roles page? Yes, No, Abstain
20:27:33 <ashimema> * #startvote Do we elect the team as proposed on the above linked roles page? Yes, No, Abstain
20:27:43 <ashimema> #startvote Do we elect the team as proposed on the above linked roles page? Yes, No, Abstain
20:27:43 <huginn> Begin voting on: Do we elect the team as proposed on the above linked roles page? Valid vote options are Yes, No, Abstain.
20:27:43 <huginn> Vote using '#vote OPTION'. Only your last vote counts.
20:27:58 <ashimema> #vote Yes
20:27:59 <thd> #vote Yes
20:28:01 <oleonard> #vote Yes
20:28:02 <talljoy> #vote Yes
20:28:02 <cait> #vote yes
20:28:03 <lisettelatah> #vote Yes
20:28:04 <bgkriegel> #vote Yes
20:28:06 <davidnind> #vote Yes
20:28:08 <jzairo> #vote Yes
20:28:08 <georgew> #vote yes
20:28:16 <holly> #vote yes
20:28:16 <tcohen> #vote Yes
20:28:18 <tuxayo> #vote Yes
20:28:18 <henryb> #vote Yes
20:28:20 <kidclamp> #vote yes
20:28:27 <Joubu> #vote Yes
20:28:44 <Joubu> (what if I vote No?)
20:28:48 <tcohen> :-P
20:28:57 <rangi> #vote yes
20:29:26 <mtj> #vote yes
20:29:30 <tuxayo> Joubu: The team including you would still be elected right? :P
20:30:18 <ashimema> amazing attendance tonight.. great to see guys.. lets make this an awesome cycle for Joubu
20:30:21 <ashimema> #endvote
20:30:21 <huginn> Voted on "Do we elect the team as proposed on the above linked roles page?" Results are
20:30:21 <huginn> Yes (18): Joubu, jzairo, davidnind, cait, lisettelatah, georgew, oleonard, ashimema, tuxayo, mtj, kidclamp, henryb, bgkriegel, talljoy, holly, thd, rangi, tcohen
20:30:37 <ashimema> team++
20:30:50 <cait> team++ community++
20:30:50 <tuxayo> team++
20:30:51 <tcohen> team++
20:30:56 <tcohen> ashimema++
20:30:58 <tcohen> Joubu++
20:31:06 <ashimema> Thanks everyone.. it's been a pleasure serving the last 12 months.. I look forward to supporting Joubu :)
20:31:21 <tuxayo> Joubu++
20:31:22 <Joubu> community++
20:31:28 <tuxayo> For taking the RM load
20:31:30 <oleonard> ashimema++
20:31:31 <tuxayo> ashimema++
20:31:33 <tuxayo> For having done it
20:31:36 <davidnind> ashimema++
20:31:44 <lisettelatah> ashimema++
20:31:49 <lisettelatah> Joubu++
20:31:51 <cait> ashimema++ excellent work
20:32:07 <tcohen> thd we need to organize the developer's handbook this cycle
20:32:08 <cait> let#s work together to make sure Joubu is happy :)
20:32:09 * Joubu put his dictator hat on his head
20:32:13 <Joubu> not yet!
20:32:13 <ashimema> shucks :)
20:32:15 <koha-jenkins> Project Koha_19.11_D8 build #145: UNSTABLE in 40 min: https://jenkins.koha-community.org/job/Koha_19.11_D8/145/
20:32:52 * ashimema actually highlighted the developer handbook in his submission to be part of the docs team next cycle tcohen :)
20:33:05 <tcohen> benevolent dictator, Joubu
20:33:22 <ashimema> so.. last item for the evening
20:33:25 <tuxayo> koha-jenkins not now, we are celebrating!
20:33:29 <Joubu> tcohen: they say
20:33:39 <ashimema> #topic Set time and date for next meeting
20:33:55 <bag> Joubu++
20:34:00 <Joubu> ashimema: I've opened few bug reports for that already!
20:34:10 <ashimema> :)
20:34:25 <Joubu> ptfs-e++ biblibre++ bywater++ # for supporting me! :)
20:34:44 <tcohen> bywater++ ptfs-e++ biblibre++
20:35:08 <tuxayo> ptfs-e++
20:35:10 <tuxayo> biblibre++
20:35:12 <tuxayo> bywater++
20:35:28 <cait> ptfs-e++ biblibre++ bywater++
20:35:34 <cait> Joubu++
20:35:37 <Joubu> koha channel reached the daily quota for its karma system
20:35:43 <cait> :)
20:35:55 <ashimema> June 17th sounds reasonable..
20:35:58 <tuxayo> (should it be in 3 lines and 3 apart messages to for the ++ to be counted?)
20:36:08 <tcohen> karma overflow
20:36:08 <wahanui> overflow has neutral karma
20:36:23 <tuxayo> overflow++
20:36:38 <ashimema> karma party
20:36:38 <wahanui> party has karma of 1
20:36:39 <Joubu> not sure it's a good idea tuxayo
20:36:55 <Joubu> yes ashimema
20:36:55 <wahanui> well, ashimema is literally just writing up the release anouncement ;)
20:36:58 <oleonard> @karma party
20:36:58 <huginn> oleonard: Karma for "party" has been increased 4 times and decreased 0 times for a total karma of 4.
20:37:05 <tuxayo> ^^"
20:37:08 <oleonard> !karma party
20:37:08 <AnnaBoten> party has neutral karma.
20:37:35 <ashimema> time for next meeting
20:37:51 <tuxayo> 17th June sounds ok
20:37:53 <ashimema> your call here really Joubu.. as the in coming host
20:38:37 <ashimema> in theory it would switch to the early slot.. but as we're moving toward kohacon are there any request to stick late from NZ?
20:38:46 <ashimema> rangi, davidnind ?
20:39:00 <Joubu> 14, 15?
20:39:15 <rangi> fine for june
20:39:16 <Joubu> 15UTC
20:39:23 <rangi> can we have july in a good time for nz
20:39:31 <ashimema> works for me :)
20:39:36 <rangi> thats when we will be making any more big announcements
20:39:45 <Joubu> #info Next meeting: 17 June 2020, 15 UTC
20:39:50 <ashimema> brill
20:39:51 <rangi> (we should hopefully know what the rules around travel are by then)
20:40:13 <Joubu> rangi: let us know the time
20:40:19 <Joubu> like this one?
20:40:28 <rangi> this time is fine
20:40:55 <thd> Maybe I will stop having to hunt for a new non-closed place to do my laundry by July.
20:40:57 <ashimema> right.. I think we can bring this meeting to a close then
20:41:07 <ashimema> thanks everyone.. feel free to stick around and mingle :)
20:41:09 <Joubu> ok, 20 UTC then for July 15th
20:41:22 <Joubu> #endmeeting