15:00:44 <Joubu> #startmeeting General IRC meeting 17 June 2020
15:00:45 <huginn> Meeting started Wed Jun 17 15:00:44 2020 UTC.  The chair is Joubu. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
15:00:45 <huginn> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #startvote.
15:00:45 <huginn> The meeting name has been set to 'general_irc_meeting_17_june_2020'
15:00:49 <Joubu> #topic Introductions
15:00:57 <Joubu> #link https://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/General_IRC_meeting_17_June_2020
15:01:08 <tuxayo> #info tuxayo/Victor Grousset, France
15:01:32 <talljoy> #info Joy Nelson, ByWater Solutions
15:01:34 <caroline> #info Caroline Cyr La Rose, inlibro
15:01:34 <oleonard> #info Owen Leonard, Athens County Public Libraries, Ohio, USA
15:01:53 <khall_> #info Kyle M Hall, ByWater Solutions
15:02:01 <DonnaB> #info Donna Bachowski, ByWater Solutions
15:02:02 <thd> #info Thomas Dukleth, Agogme, New York City
15:02:07 <Joubu> #chair tuxayo
15:02:07 <huginn> Current chairs: Joubu tuxayo
15:02:09 <Joubu> #chair talljoy
15:02:09 <huginn> Current chairs: Joubu talljoy tuxayo
15:02:14 <Joubu> first two, just in case ;)
15:02:45 <Joubu> #topic Announcements
15:02:51 <Joubu> Anyone have something?
15:03:37 <Joubu> seems not
15:03:56 <Joubu> #topic Update on releases
15:04:06 <tuxayo> It was a trap. Got tricked again
15:04:12 <tuxayo> >_<
15:04:12 <Joubu> #info See minutes from the dev meeting earlier today
15:04:34 <tuxayo> "endmeeting"
15:04:34 <Joubu> #topic KohaCon
15:04:35 <tuxayo> :P
15:04:55 <Joubu> I think we will get more info at the next general meeting
15:05:13 <Joubu> rangi asked for the next meeting to be south hemisphere friendly
15:05:25 <Joubu> #topic Kohacon21 - When should we start the bidding process?
15:05:56 <Joubu> don't let me alone please
15:05:56 <oleonard> Wow... Imagine there being a 2021...
15:06:08 <Joubu> where would you like?
15:06:08 <thd> exactly
15:06:21 <tuxayo> Any reason not to start the process?
15:07:00 <thd> Could you imagine preparing for an in person meeting at this time?
15:07:06 <oleonard> Where are we in the geographical rotation?
15:07:19 <caroline> not Europe nor NZ?
15:07:31 <Joubu> it depends if you count 2020
15:07:39 <thd> s/meeting/conference/
15:07:59 <tuxayo> thd: We can try anyway.
15:08:50 <Joubu> I think we should wait for the KohaCon20 updates next month
15:09:03 <caroline> 2019 was Dublin (Europe), 2018 was Portland (North America), 2017 was Philippines (Asia)
15:09:11 <Joubu> then see if we decide to open the bidding for 2021
15:09:24 <Joubu> would you agree with that?
15:09:28 <tuxayo> > it depends if you count 2020
15:09:29 <tuxayo> There are definitely reasons to not count it since many persons won't be able to visit KohaCon20
15:09:37 <tuxayo> > I think we should wait for the KohaCon20 updates next month
15:09:37 <tuxayo> +1
15:09:51 <thd> I have no objection to trying but the three days I had to spend preparing a COVID-19 safety plan where I work on my own to ensure my job would continue would be as nothing compared to conference planning at this time.
15:10:18 <thd> s/on my own/on my own time/
15:10:27 <oleonard> KohaCon 2020 doesn't fit in the geographical rotation because it's the 20th anniversary and would have been held in New Zealand no matter what.
15:10:43 <oleonard> So regardless we don't count it when looking at the rotation
15:10:54 <tuxayo> We are enough soon to afford one month to get to have more info right? I don't know the usual schedule.
15:11:22 <Joubu> we announce in May I think
15:11:28 <oleonard> +1 to waiting to discuss until at least next month
15:11:45 <thd> Good prospects are New Zealand, the Isle of Man, and some Pacific Atolls.
15:12:05 <Joubu> #info Open the bidding process for KohaCon21 will be decided at the next general meeting
15:12:40 <Joubu> Another topic we could talk about?
15:12:51 <ashimema> next meeting
15:12:51 <wahanui> next meeting is probably https://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Next_IRC_meetings
15:13:01 <Joubu> #info Avoid 2 meetings the same day :)
15:13:13 <Joubu> #topic Set time of next meeting
15:13:31 <oleonard> Anyone who wasn't at the dev meeting want to talk about anything? :D
15:13:40 <talljoy> documentation?
15:13:54 <talljoy> favorite bugs?
15:14:16 <tuxayo> Any news?
15:14:28 <caroline> I would say spiders bc they eat other bugs
15:14:35 <oleonard> +1
15:15:16 <tuxayo> «Should I install Koha 20.05.00? Or wait for 20.05.01?»
15:15:32 * oleonard votes mantis, because they eat other bugs and are like bug dinosaurs
15:15:37 <Joubu> #info next approved bug: spider
15:15:43 <talljoy> lol
15:15:51 <caroline> XD
15:15:53 <tuxayo> he he
15:16:19 <caroline> twig insects are pretty cool too
15:16:31 <tuxayo> > mantis, because they eat other bugs
15:16:31 <tuxayo> I get the Mantis bug tracker name know! :o
15:16:32 <tuxayo> *now
15:16:55 <Joubu> #info Next meeting: 17 July 2020, 20 UTC
15:17:00 <Joubu> #endmeeting