20:06:40 <caroline> #startmeeting General IRC meeting 2 September 2020
20:06:40 <huginn> Meeting started Wed Sep  2 20:06:40 2020 UTC.  The chair is caroline. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
20:06:40 <huginn> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #startvote.
20:06:40 <huginn> The meeting name has been set to 'general_irc_meeting_2_september_2020'
20:06:45 <caroline> chair cait
20:06:52 <cait> with # :)
20:06:59 <caroline> #chair cait
20:06:59 <huginn> Current chairs: cait caroline
20:07:01 <caroline> sorry!
20:07:14 <davidnind> #info Agenda https://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/General_IRC_meeting_2_September_2020
20:07:26 <caroline> #topic Introductions
20:07:31 <cait> we can do it all together
20:07:33 <caroline> (please use "#info" in front of your introduction to have it show up in the automatic minutes)
20:07:33 <cait> #chair davidnind
20:07:33 <huginn> Current chairs: cait caroline davidnind
20:07:43 <donnab> #info Donna Bachowski, ByWater Solutions
20:07:46 <oleonard> #info Owen Leonard, Athens County Public Libraries, Ohio, USA
20:07:46 <cait> #info Katrin Fischer, BSZ, Germany
20:07:49 <caroline> #info Caroline Cyr La Rose, inLibro
20:08:05 <davidnind> #info David Nind, Wellington, New Zealand
20:08:30 <lisettelatah> #info Lisette Scheer, Latah County Library District, Idaho, USA
20:08:31 <kathryn> #info Kathryn Tyree, Catalyst IT, New Zealand
20:08:46 <tcohen> #info Tomas Cohen Arazi, Theke Solutions
20:09:51 <edveal> #info Ed Veal, McKinney Public Library
20:09:51 <caroline> #topic Announcements
20:10:11 <caroline> anything to annouce?
20:10:33 <cait> not from me
20:10:45 <caroline> there is no specific agenda point for kohacon
20:10:51 <cait> yep, just noticed too
20:10:52 <caroline> is there anything new?
20:11:00 <cait> kathryn:  maybe?
20:11:07 <kathryn> Kia ora, 46 days away eep!
20:11:16 <caroline> yas!
20:11:35 <kathryn> #info We need people to register please regardless if they are coming in person or online
20:11:45 * cait is registered virtually :)
20:11:50 <kathryn> :)
20:12:12 <kathryn> #info the programme looks excellent, we're starting to work on some online social events which you'll hear more about soon
20:12:17 <caroline> is there a way to check if we're registered? I'm pretty sure I did it, but now i'm not sure anymore
20:12:31 <thd> #info Thomas Dukleth, Agogme, New York City
20:12:42 <kathryn> just ask, we don't mind caroline
20:13:21 <lisettelatah> The Koha-US 2020 Conference schedule and registration are live on our website.
20:13:26 <lisettelatah> http://koha-us.org/learn/conferences/onlinetogether2020/
20:14:59 <cait> thx lisettelatah
20:15:01 <caroline> lisettelatah: this is this month right?
20:15:15 <cait> #info The Koha-US 2020 Conference schedule and registration are live on their website
20:15:25 <lisettelatah> yes, the dates are September 22nd-24th
20:15:26 <cait> #link  http://koha-us.org/learn/conferences/onlinetogether2020/
20:15:42 <kathryn> Also Alex from Catalyst and Jessie at Bywater did a webinar last week, which has about 10,000 views so far - if that keeps up we can expect a lot of engagement in our online events, during and after
20:15:48 <cait> #info dates are  September 22nd-24th
20:15:49 <kathryn> I need to find the link...
20:16:48 <davidnind> #link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8BUsdC61B6Y
20:17:06 <kathryn> thank you davidnind, I found every other link possible :)
20:18:09 <kathryn> #info the above link is for the International Koha Webinar kindly hosted by the North Eastern Hill University last week
20:18:54 <kathryn> (no more from me)
20:19:30 <caroline> #topic Update on releases
20:19:45 <caroline> Joubu says Everything is going well. Still need urgent feedback on bug 20271 (Merge deleted biblio, biblioitems, biblio_metadata, and items tables).
20:19:45 <huginn> 04Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=20271 enhancement, P1 - high, ---, jonathan.druart, In Discussion , Merge deleted biblio, biblioitems, biblio_metadata, and items tables
20:20:00 <caroline> re: 20.11
20:20:04 <cait> #info oubu says Everything is going well. Still need urgent feedback on bug 20271 (Merge deleted biblio, biblioitems, biblio_metadata, and items tables).
20:20:12 <cait> hm, J went missing...
20:20:26 <oleonard> I didn't see that Bug 20271 had gone into 'in discussion'
20:20:45 <cait> missed it too, bit behind there
20:21:11 <caroline> anything from our rmaints?
20:21:25 <cait> rmaints?
20:21:25 <wahanui> lukeG, aleisha, and tuxayo, I SUMMON THEE!!
20:21:26 <caroline> I saw that there was a tiny rmaint meeting the other day :D
20:21:38 <caroline> tuxayo said he wouldn't be here
20:21:40 <cait> #info congratulations to the well coordinated security releases!
20:21:42 <kathryn> Aleisha asked me to pass this along:
20:22:00 <tcohen> aleisha++
20:22:03 <tcohen> tuxayo++
20:22:08 <tcohen> lukeG++
20:22:12 <tcohen> Joubu++
20:22:16 <cait> mtj++
20:22:19 <tcohen> mtj++
20:22:27 <tcohen> team_work++
20:22:32 <cait> aleisha++ tuxayo++ lukeG++
20:22:35 <cait> balance :)
20:22:37 <kathryn> #info Aleisha would like to note that the wiki needs work on security release guidance, but the team worked well together to get it out
20:23:04 <cait> if there are any issues, please feel free to add questions or anything that was missing
20:23:11 <tcohen> there will be a new security release soon, so we'll see what we've learnt :-D
20:23:11 <cait> i think the current write up dates back to me
20:23:46 <cait> #link https://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Release_maintenance#Coordinated_security_releases
20:24:15 <kathryn> cait It sounded like there were some changes/discussions by email maybe, I don't know all the details sorry
20:24:48 <cait> that's ok - we need constant improvement
20:24:53 <kathryn> of course!
20:24:57 <tcohen> better each time :-D
20:25:21 <cait> as you can tell from the version noted there (17.05) it's been around a while :)
20:25:35 <kathryn> yep!
20:26:12 <caroline> #topic  Encourage community sign-offs
20:26:21 <caroline> #info      At the moment the QA queue is emptying out while the numbers in "needs Signoff" are rising steadily. We should discuss ways to actively encourage sign-offs and testing.
20:26:35 <cait> that's from me
20:27:04 <cait> as you can tell... having the qa queue at 6 or even 5 was a pretty nice feeling, but it's NOT NORMAL :)
20:27:24 <cait> I think we have a problem with the SO queue right now
20:27:49 <cait> i was hoping we could brainstorm a bit to see if we can come with some things
20:28:02 <davidnind> The dashboard: https://dashboard.koha-community.org/
20:28:52 <cait> maybe we could think of having anothe rtesting event?
20:29:12 <cait> the webinar style ones were a pretty big hit the last time we had a testing day
20:29:13 <tcohen> I think we haven't been focused on some big things
20:29:17 <cait> and... we got some sign offs
20:29:19 <tcohen> that demand hours
20:29:31 <caroline> there is something on sept 24 with koha-us
20:29:46 <cait> lisettelatah: still around maybe?
20:29:49 <lisettelatah> Yes
20:30:20 <lisettelatah> we are focusing the third day of the conference as a bug-a-palooza. I'm going to start with a webinar/demo of finding a bug and doing a few signoffs.
20:30:24 <cait> looking for somoene to promote testing and sign offs at the US event :)
20:30:32 <cait> awesome
20:30:54 <davidnind> lisettelatah++
20:31:00 <tcohen> lisettelatah++
20:31:16 <CrispyBran> bug-a-palooza sounds so Americany
20:31:16 <cait> #info Koha US/lisettelatah: we are focusing the third day of the conference as a bug-a-palooza. I'm going to start with a webinar/demo of finding a bug and doing a few signoffs.
20:31:26 <cait> it is... but in a nice way kinda to me
20:31:34 <ashimema[m]> sorry I'm late
20:31:37 <lisettelatah> The rest of the day we are wanting to keep doing testing and also encourage discussion of bugs that line up with our Special Interest Groups (Webdev, acquisitions, etc) and try and get more signoffs and also discussions.
20:31:48 <cait> ashimema[m]: quite right to help with ideas on improving bug flow
20:32:02 <CrispyBran> We are all about making up words or re-using parts of words.
20:32:13 <cait> lisettelatah: comments/questions on bugs are great too
20:32:28 * ashimema[m] reads back a bit
20:33:15 <caroline> Test plans are a big part for me... I was looking for easy-ish bugs to SO for our new employees, and I had to skip a couple that didn't have good test plans
20:33:26 <cait> definitely
20:33:36 <cait> asking for a better test plan is totally valid too
20:33:46 <cait> if somehing looks to hard to test, feel free to tell the devs
20:33:52 <caroline> ok I'll keep that in mins
20:33:54 <caroline> mind
20:33:54 <thd> lisettlelatah: Will the third day conference be recorded in some way for later access and review?
20:35:40 <lisettelatah> The Sandboxes demo at the start will be. Since the rest will mostly be more freeform than the other recordings we weren't planning on it, but if people think it would be helpful I'll bring it up at our next meeting.
20:36:16 <cait> #info We are in need of more testers and sign-offs, please help us out!
20:37:13 <cait> I don't have anymore.. maybe we need to keep thinking about it
20:37:22 <caroline> It'll be interesting to see how the bug-a-palooza will go, maybe it's something we could do on a regular basis?
20:37:42 <cait> we used to have gbsd = global bug squashing days
20:37:48 <caroline> like stream an intro and then have a bug squash
20:37:58 <cait> yeah
20:38:00 <lukeG> I will try to be better about signing off on things!
20:38:02 <caroline> did the last one go well?
20:38:06 <cait> i think KohaCon also plans for some kind of virtual hackfest
20:38:14 <thd> In general it would be helpful to have explanations of X in various formats including video if it can be done and better persisted on Youtube or some such place than in a less accessible Zoom silo.
20:38:30 <cait> caroline: i tihnk the last event we had went well, but there also was a bug squash session from bywater
20:38:36 <cait> so that combination seems to be a good idea
20:38:48 <kathryn> Kohacon hack fest "DIY" is Sat-Sun NZ time22-23 Oct
20:39:13 <kathryn> We're naming it DIY to encourage non developers to come too :)
20:39:29 <cait> i like it :)
20:40:00 <ashimema[m]> +1
20:40:24 <cait> moving on?
20:40:28 <caroline> sure
20:40:31 <kathryn> Btw, DIY means do it yourself
20:40:43 <caroline> #topic  Actions from last meeting
20:40:59 <caroline> the only action point from last meeting is      caroline will change the message in the manual saying that the staff side doesn't work with IE
20:41:12 <caroline> and I scrambled earlier to see if I had done it hehe XD
20:41:22 <caroline> yes i did https://gitlab.com/koha-community/koha-manual/-/blob/master/source/intro.rst
20:41:35 <davidnind> caroline++
20:41:50 <caroline> with oleonard's help to make sure the english was ok
20:42:02 <cait> caroline++ oleonard++ :)
20:42:26 <caroline> alright, so only point left is next meeting
20:42:37 <caroline> #topic set time of next meeting
20:42:58 <caroline> october 7?
20:43:08 <cait> we probably are missing a bit chance tonight ot make some radical decisions :)
20:43:21 <cait> sounds good
20:43:23 <caroline> like?
20:43:23 <wahanui> like is it possible to translate to all calendar systems you use from one calendar system
20:43:42 <caroline> what kind of radical decisions did you want to make ? lol
20:43:45 <oleonard> wahanui is down for radical change
20:44:33 <kathryn> I approve teleporting you all to Kohacon
20:44:37 <cait> yeah :)
20:44:38 <caroline> do we keep the meeting at this time for kohacon updates?
20:44:40 <cait> +1!
20:44:46 <kathryn> I would really appreciate that!
20:44:58 <cait> as we get so close that makes sense to me
20:45:14 <kathryn> it's in our team calendar now :)
20:45:35 <caroline> #info Next meeting: 7 October 2020, 20 UTC
20:45:40 <caroline> #endmeeting