19:06:10 <cait> #startmeeting General IRC meeting 8 April 2020
19:06:10 <huginn> Meeting started Wed Apr  8 19:06:10 2020 UTC.  The chair is cait. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
19:06:10 <huginn> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #startvote.
19:06:10 <huginn> The meeting name has been set to 'general_irc_meeting_8_april_2020'
19:06:15 <cait> #chair caroline
19:06:15 <huginn> Current chairs: cait caroline
19:06:19 <cait> #chair Joubu ashimema[m]
19:06:19 <huginn> Current chairs: Joubu ashimema[m] cait caroline
19:06:31 <oleonard> #info Owen Leonard, Athens County Public Libraries, Ohio, USA
19:06:46 <cait> too early :)
19:06:48 <caroline> #topic Introductions
19:06:50 <cait> #topic Introductions
19:06:58 <caroline> lol!
19:07:03 <caroline> please use "#info" in front of your introduction to have it show up in the automatic minutes
19:07:06 <oleonard> Do I have to do it again to count??
19:07:13 <cait> no :)
19:07:16 <caroline> i don't think so
19:07:28 <cait> #info Katrin Fischer, BSZ, Germany
19:07:30 <caroline> #info Caroline Cyr La Rose, inlibro
19:07:52 <georgew> #info George Williams, Northeast Kansas Library System
19:08:26 <thd> #info Thomas Dukleth, Agogme, New York City [world virus captial]
19:08:31 <cait> ok moving on soon, hurry up :)
19:08:33 <ashimema[m]> hi
19:08:37 <ashimema[m]> #info Martin Renvoize, PTFS_E
19:08:41 * cait hands chair to ashimema[m] ;)
19:08:49 <ashimema[m]> sorry..
19:09:07 <ashimema[m]> [off] kids were not going to bed.. grr
19:09:07 <cait> #topic Announcements
19:09:16 <ashimema[m]> where are we at.. just introductions
19:09:21 <ashimema[m]> aha.. thanks cait
19:09:29 <cait> yep early
19:09:45 <ashimema[m]> #info The 20.11 roles page is now available, please start adding our names now :)
19:09:57 <cait> oh good one!
19:10:00 <cait> you should
19:10:14 <caroline> #link https://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Roles_for_20.11
19:10:18 <ashimema[m]> #info We are into the polishing and bugfixes stage of the cycle now.. please concentrate on bugs and polishing of existing features
19:10:36 <cait> +1
19:11:07 <caroline> can't believe were getting close to may and already thinking of november! time goes by so fast!
19:11:09 <ashimema[m]> :confused:
19:11:10 <georgew> #info koha-US is doing its online Kohathon on April 23 starting at 13:00 UTC
19:11:25 <ashimema[m]> it does indeed fly caroline
19:11:37 <ashimema[m]> thanks georgew
19:11:45 <cait> true
19:12:10 <ashimema[m]> ooh.. there's t-shirts
19:12:19 <ashimema[m]> https://kohaus.threadless.com/womens/t-shirt/heavyweight-unisex
19:13:02 <caroline> I like the logo with the koha egg in the "thon"'s O
19:13:13 <georgew> Yes, there are t-Shirts - the logo was designed by Jason Robb at Southeast Kansas Library System
19:13:30 <ashimema[m]> #link https://koha-us.org/2020/02/27/kohathon2020/ kohathon2020
19:13:32 <caroline> great job Jason!
19:13:46 <cait> ype nice one
19:14:10 <ashimema[m]> any other anouncements?
19:14:16 <cait> not from me
19:15:14 <ashimema[m]> #topic Update on releases
19:15:56 <ashimema[m]> #info 20.05 is shaping up nicely, lots of new features and enhancements, both visible and behind the scenes.
19:16:22 <ashimema[m]> Just need to keep the momentum now and make sure we have a really nice stable and polished release :)
19:16:31 <ashimema[m]> rmaints?
19:16:31 <wahanui> it has been said that rmaints is talljoy, lukeG, hayley
19:17:29 <oleonard> tallerjoy?
19:17:29 <wahanui> tallerjoy is curious how many "person hours" are spent in slack searching for gifs to share via the giphy app.
19:17:57 <ashimema[m]> #info The 20.11 cycle is fast approaching, start making plans for what you want to focus on, start working on proposals for your roles :)
19:18:56 <ashimema[m]> OK.. no rmaints..
19:19:40 <ashimema[m]> #info Stable releases went out as scheduled later March.. they included security fixes so nows the time to upgrade ;)
19:19:57 <ashimema[m]> Bit early for NZ?
19:20:10 <ashimema[m]> Do we have any news/updates regarding Kohacon20?
19:20:29 <ashimema[m]> ok..
19:20:35 <ashimema[m]> #topic Next meeting
19:21:12 <ashimema[m]> Two points I suppose.. we likely want to hold the vote for the next cycle at the next meeting so a good attendance would be good..
19:21:51 <ashimema[m]> It would be good to have some NZ folk in attendance to see if Kohacon20 plans are going ahead
19:21:52 <ashimema[m]> so..
19:21:55 <ashimema[m]> thoughts on timing people?
19:22:29 <oleonard> Regarding KohaCon: "We intend to make a decision to go ahead, or not, in July."
19:22:42 <cait> yes
19:22:46 <cait> it's on the kohacon website
19:22:48 <caroline> now is good for nz and america, earlier might be better for europe
19:22:51 <cait> so may is too soon
19:23:03 <cait> 9 pm in europe - not too bad, or most of europe
19:23:10 <oleonard> "good" for NZ :P
19:23:37 <caroline> no? I thought it was around 9am right now in nz?
19:23:54 <oleonard> Yes, but still nobody from nz!
19:24:10 <caroline> we usually do docs meetings around this time so david doesn't have to wake up in the middle of the night
19:24:54 <ashimema[m]> 8pm UTC is 9pm UK, 8am NZ, 4pm New York
19:25:02 <ashimema[m]> sounds reasonable ?
19:25:15 <caroline> fine for me
19:25:19 <oleonard> Me too
19:25:27 <cait> i am always here.. )
19:26:14 <ashimema[m]> UK is in Summer time and NZ just went into Winter time
19:26:32 <ashimema[m]> 8utc seems sensible to catch people
19:27:01 <ashimema[m]> S00
19:27:16 <ashimema[m]> 13th May 20:00 UTC sound right to everyone?
19:27:54 <caroline> yup
19:27:56 <ashimema[m]> #info Next meeting: 13 May 2020, 20 UTC
19:28:03 <ashimema[m]> brill
19:28:12 <ashimema[m]> thanks for attending everyone.
19:28:13 <ashimema[m]> #endmeeting