20:03:51 <ashimema[m]> #startmeeting General IRC meeting 8 January 2020
20:03:51 <huginn`> Meeting started Wed Jan  8 20:03:51 2020 UTC.  The chair is ashimema[m]. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
20:03:51 <huginn`> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #startvote.
20:03:51 <huginn`> The meeting name has been set to 'general_irc_meeting_8_january_2020'
20:04:01 <ashimema[m]> #top Introductions
20:04:07 <ashimema[m]> * #topic Introductions
20:04:08 <cait> #info Katrin Fischer, BSZ, Germany
20:04:15 <oleonard> #info Owen Leonard, Athens County Public Libraries, Ohio, USA
20:04:18 <ashimema[m]> #topic Introductions
20:04:20 <caroline_catlady> #info Caroline Cyr La Rose, inLibro
20:04:24 <corilynn> #info Cori Lynn Arnold, DGI, Connecticut
20:04:30 <ashimema[m]> #info Martin Renvoize, PTFS Europe, UK
20:04:44 <davidnind> #info David Nind, Wellington, New Zealand
20:05:03 <hayley> #info Hayley Mapley, Catalyst IT New Zealand
20:05:07 <lisettelatah> #info Lisette Scheer, Latah County Library District/Koha-US, Idaho, US
20:05:14 <cait> full meeting today :)
20:05:38 <georgew> #info George Williams, Northeast Kansas Library System
20:05:42 <ashimema[m]> #link https://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/General_IRC_meeting_8_January_2020 Agenda
20:06:02 <ashimema[m]> #chair cait
20:06:02 <huginn`> Current chairs: ashimema[m] cait
20:06:21 <rangi> #info Chris Cormack, Catalyst
20:06:49 <ashimema[m]> :)
20:07:06 <ashimema[m]> I think we're pretty corrate :)
20:07:07 <ashimema[m]> #topic Announcements
20:07:53 <cait> i have one sec
20:08:26 <cait> #info Been wading through old open bugs until up to 2015 - marked some Academy for those who want to have a go :)
20:08:37 <ashimema[m]> cait++
20:08:45 <lisettelatah> cait++
20:08:50 <lisettelatah> #info Koha-US koha-a-thon is looking for presentation proposals for our online conference this spring. The conference is free and anyone is welcome to attend.
20:09:05 <lisettelatah> #link https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfJtMl835FOT9aWYTT-JDjWsSl0GoLtmFu5aEuQbE0rsrOz1w/viewform?usp=sf_link
20:09:09 <cait> ... or just ask - I usually have something i forgot to file yet :)
20:09:10 <rangi> #info some bad news is there is no catalyst academy this year (we have no space in teh building and it got left a bit late to sort it out)
20:09:39 <oleonard> no catalyst academy = sad-face
20:09:41 <rangi> but we will be doing some staff (wider catalyst staff, there are 350 of us in total) bug squashing days
20:10:00 <cait> sad news and good news
20:10:02 <ashimema[m]> oh noes..
20:10:05 <rangi> so hopefully will still get a bunch of stuff done, late feb is the date
20:10:16 <cait> sorry to hear about academy, always looking forward to it
20:10:21 <rangi> yep
20:10:41 <corilynn> what's Academy?
20:11:12 <rangi> https://www.catalyst.net.nz/open-source-academy
20:11:50 <corilynn> thx rangi
20:11:53 <davidnind> #info Next global bug squashing day  is 17 January (from last month's general IRC meeting)
20:12:08 <ashimema[m]> ooh.. thanks davidnind
20:12:14 <ashimema[m]> I was just trying to dig out that date..
20:12:26 <cait> corilynn: you can also see what they achieved looking in the wiki for 'academy' - usually A LOT https://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Catalyst_Academy
20:12:41 <cait> ooh nice, forgot we had that planned too
20:12:59 <ashimema[m]> xmas have been busy, I've not found a moment to do the wiki page or send out mails about bug squashing
20:13:19 <rangi> https://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Catalyst_Academy_2019#Day_1  <-- they got tons done last year!
20:13:29 <aleisha> #info Aleisha Amohia, Catalyst IT New Zealand
20:14:23 <cait> I guess we also owe Aleisha to it :)
20:14:30 <ashimema[m]> #info We are now entering an 'experimental pushing' period of the relase cycle.. this means master will be a tad less stable as I encourage the QA team to work through challenging and scary enhancements and new features.
20:14:45 <aleisha> haha sorry bad timing from me there!
20:14:59 <corilynn> :) scary enhancements!
20:15:05 <cait> aleisha: we just finished talking about open source academy - my timing was bad actually :)
20:15:12 <ashimema[m]> not at all.. nice to have you here aleisha
20:15:27 <ashimema[m]> any other announcements?
20:15:30 <davidnind> #info Marshal Breeding's 2019 International Library Automation Perceptions Survey closes soon, provides useful info on Koha https://librarytechnology.org/web/breeding/AutomationSurvey/
20:16:05 <davidnind> BiLibre hack fest as well in March, just trying to find the details...
20:16:52 <ashimema[m]> 23rd to 27th
20:17:23 <ashimema[m]> #info Hackfest in Marseille hosted by BibLibre 23rd - 27th March
20:17:39 <ashimema[m]> any kohacon news.. or would you prefer you're own topic?
20:18:42 <rangi> registrations are open
20:18:55 <ashimema[m]> #topic Kohacon20
20:18:58 <cait> #info Registrations for KohaCon are open!
20:19:01 <rangi> #link https://2020.kohacon.org/posts/registration/
20:19:11 <rangi> the visa process has changed for nz
20:19:24 <rangi> you need an electronic visa for places you didn't use to need one
20:19:32 <rangi> https://2020.kohacon.org/posts/location/  details here
20:19:40 <rangi> (at the bottom of the page)
20:20:40 <ashimema[m]> hope you got a decent response from the call for talks
20:20:45 <rangi> that's about it at the moment, we will have a draft programme up within a week or so
20:20:48 <rangi> we did :)
20:20:57 <ashimema[m]> :)
20:21:08 <ashimema[m]> #topic Update on releases
20:21:52 <ashimema[m]> #info First releases of the cycle have taken place
20:22:09 <hayley> #info 18.11: In the process of working through the relevant patches for 18.11.13. If anyone has anything to flag for the 18.11.13 please let me know and I will take a look!
20:22:20 <ashimema[m]> Thanks go out to the SO/QA teams and the RMaints
20:22:30 <ashimema[m]> thanks heyley
20:22:40 <cait> hayley++
20:23:04 <hayley> thank you for all your support last release! :)
20:23:12 <ashimema[m]> #info Packaging was a little slow, xmas break combined with challenges getting hold of the packaging manager.
20:23:36 <ashimema[m]> #info Lots of bugfixes have gone in during this first month of bugfixes only
20:23:51 <corilynn> yay!
20:24:08 <hayley> Also, not sure if this is something we can edit but the December newsletter refers to 18.11.11 not 18.11.12 and Martin's post, because I was away and hadn't made a post yet
20:24:14 <ashimema[m]> #info Now moving into a short period of more experimenal pushing...
20:24:24 <ashimema[m]> rmaints?
20:24:24 <wahanui> rmaints is talljoy, lucas, hayley
20:25:20 <ashimema[m]> ok.. moving on then
20:25:45 <ashimema[m]> #topic Any Other Business
20:26:35 <davidnind> Is it officially just past Koha's 20ieth birthday?
20:26:36 <ashimema[m]> I wanted to ask if anyone here has any further contact details for mirko outside of irc and his abunchofthings email
20:26:49 <rangi> if you count it from the day it went live yes
20:26:54 <rangi> jan 3 2000
20:27:12 <caroline_catlady> happy birthday Koha!
20:27:22 <cait> his blog has a postal address...
20:27:23 <davidnind> not yet 21, still so young! :)
20:27:35 <georgew> happy birthday
20:28:58 <Marie-Luce> 20 in 2020
20:29:07 <rangi> :)
20:29:45 <ashimema[m]> :)
20:29:47 <rangi> it will be 21 years since the first commit (21 and a couple of weeks) at kohacon
20:29:47 <cait> still can't buy alcohol
20:29:53 <rangi> can in nz
20:29:58 <rangi> 18 is drinking age :)
20:30:00 <cait> ..y eah here too actually
20:30:02 <cait> 18 as well
20:30:18 <ashimema[m]> lol
20:30:58 <georgew> can't buy alcohol or tobacco in the USA - but in some states could buy weed
20:31:29 <ashimema[m]> so.. mirko.. I've not been able to get hold of him for the past couple of releases.. including the .00 for 19.11
20:32:11 <ashimema[m]> Mason has diligently stepped in at the last moment on both ocassions but it would be good to get him some backup so we're looking for fresh volunteers
20:33:14 <ashimema[m]> mtj++
20:33:22 <cait> #info Koha Release Team is looking for packaging volunteers to spread the load
20:33:39 <cait> an idea was also to spread the knowledge, so if you are interested, please let us know :)
20:34:06 <cait> outside of unplanned security releases the load should be pretty plannable
20:34:37 <ashimema[m]> thanks cait
20:35:00 <ashimema[m]> so.. moving on
20:35:08 <ashimema[m]> #topic Next meeting
20:36:08 <ashimema[m]> same time next month suit everyone?
20:36:28 <ashimema[m]> I'm thinkin stick to the late shift now we're past the new year and Kohacon is nearing
20:36:35 <ashimema[m]> but am open to change
20:36:44 <hayley> suits us in nz!
20:36:47 <caroline_catlady> +1
20:37:02 <ashimema[m]> so..
20:37:21 <oleonard> +1
20:37:53 <ashimema[m]> I make that 12th Feb
20:38:24 <ashimema[m]> 20:00 UTC
20:38:59 <ashimema[m]> 12 Feb 2020, 20 UTC
20:39:12 <ashimema[m]> going..
20:39:21 <ashimema[m]> going..
20:39:24 <ashimema[m]> gone.
20:39:36 <ashimema[m]> #info 12 Feb 2020, 20 UTC
20:39:52 <ashimema[m]> #endmeeting