15:01:41 <Joubu> #startmeeting Development IRC meeting 24 November 2021
15:01:41 <huginn`> Meeting started Wed Nov 24 15:01:41 2021 UTC.  The chair is Joubu. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
15:01:41 <huginn`> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #startvote.
15:01:41 <huginn`> The meeting name has been set to 'development_irc_meeting_24_november_2021'
15:01:49 <Joubu> #link https://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Development_IRC_meeting_24_November_2021
15:01:53 <Joubu> #topic Introductions
15:01:58 <Joubu> #info Jonathan Druart
15:02:16 <cait1> #info Katrin Fischer, BSZ Geramny
15:02:26 <cait1> #info Katrin Fischer, BSZ Germany
15:02:58 <ashimema> #info Martin Renvoize, PTFS Europe, UK
15:03:05 <ashimema> only partially here though
15:03:16 <thd> #info Thomas Dukleth, Agogme, New York City
15:03:43 <Joubu> qa_team?
15:03:43 <wahanui> qa_team is cait, dcook, amoyano, ashimema, marcelr, kohaputti, jajm, tcohen, kidclamp, khall, tuxayo, petrova, nugged
15:04:42 <Joubu> #topic Announcements
15:04:48 <Joubu> Anyone have something?
15:04:52 <tuxayo> #info Victor Grousset, Tuxayo Group, France
15:05:07 <cait1> nope
15:05:14 <Joubu> #topic Update from the Release Manager (21.11)
15:05:33 <Joubu> Everything is almost ready, I've pushed a couple of patches this morning to fix random selenium failures
15:05:45 <Joubu> it should have solved them
15:05:55 <Joubu> There are still, blocker for the releaes:
15:06:13 <Joubu> bug 29567
15:06:13 <huginn`> 04Bug https://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=29567 major, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart+koha, Signed Off , Cataloguing plugins are broken on the batch item mod tool
15:06:15 <Joubu> which is a regression
15:06:22 <Joubu> and bug 29564
15:06:22 <huginn`> 04Bug https://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=29564 blocker, P5 - low, ---, mtj, Needs Signoff , Use List::MoreUtils so SIP U16/Xenial does not break
15:06:40 <Joubu> not really for 21.11 as U16 is deprecated, but it needs to be backported asap
15:06:57 <Joubu> also bug 29113, it would have been good to see more discussions there
15:06:57 <huginn`> 04Bug https://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=29113 major, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart+koha, Signed Off , New "code" field for additional contents is not useful for the end users
15:07:12 <Joubu> either we pick it for 21.11 or it won't make sense to have it later (imo)
15:07:28 <Joubu> This morning I built that: https://snipboard.io/YoqR6h.jpg
15:07:33 <Joubu> to have an idea
15:07:47 <ashimema> I signed it off
15:07:47 <Joubu> I would like to create more numbers around the Koha dev community
15:07:49 <ashimema> the code one
15:08:00 <Joubu> if you have more ideas, let know, I will see if it's possible
15:08:03 <ashimema> I think it's fine as is and we can further refine/improve later personally
15:08:14 <ashimema> as-is meaning grab your patch for it
15:08:25 <Joubu> I have in the pipe: numbers of new authors, different authors, authors with more than X patches
15:08:37 <tuxayo> nice!
15:08:44 <cait1> yep, that's interesting, thx Joubu
15:09:10 <Joubu> ashimema: I don't think you did, Marcel did
15:09:41 <ashimema> hum
15:09:53 <ashimema> I ghout I had
15:09:59 <ashimema> in which case.. I will add a QA stamp
15:10:04 <ashimema> I thought it was the other way around in my head
15:10:10 <ashimema> will do that this evening Joubu
15:10:14 <Joubu> thx
15:11:01 <Joubu> I don't think I have anything else to add, everything is quiet since a couple of weeks, and I hope it means 21.11 is good enough to be released
15:11:09 <Joubu> any questions?
15:11:50 <Joubu> Did you all have a look at the tech release notes?
15:11:51 <Joubu> https://annuel.framapad.org/p/koha_21.11_tech_release_notes
15:11:59 <cait1> i did, but didn't quite get through them yet
15:12:08 <ashimema> nothing to add here
15:12:10 <cait1> i think the last third I still need to read through
15:12:15 <ashimema> I looked at the notes and filled in my sections
15:12:23 <cait1> i marked something as new feature and suggested another 2 I think
15:12:40 <Joubu> this morning I asked a question on a bug, about the NewsLog
15:12:50 <cait1> ah, ability to add bilbiographic records to course reserves was the one you didn#t update yet
15:13:04 <Joubu> bug 26205
15:13:04 <huginn`> 04Bug https://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=26205 normal, P5 - low, ---, lucas, Pushed to stable , News changes aren't logged
15:13:30 <Joubu> bet it's too late, should have caught it earlier
15:13:48 <Joubu> (what I did actually, but didn't consider it blocker, I should have)
15:14:21 <cait1> bug 14237 - new feature?
15:14:21 <huginn`> 04Bug https://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=14237 enhancement, P2, ---, aleisha, RESOLVED FIXED, Allow bibs to be added to course without items
15:14:36 <ashimema> seems reasonable to me
15:14:39 <Joubu> could be, yes
15:14:46 <Joubu> done
15:14:51 <cait1> hah ok :)
15:14:57 <cait1> i'll try to read the last third tonight
15:15:09 <Joubu> ok, moving on
15:15:11 <Joubu> #topic Updates from the Release Maintainers
15:15:23 <ashimema> I've been meaning to get back to looking at the release notes
15:15:24 <cait1> I am giving a presentation next week on new fatures in this version... so even more reason
15:15:26 <ashimema> too many things
15:15:30 <ashimema> me too 😉
15:15:40 <cait1> we ahve a ton of article requests work too
15:15:53 <cait1> I am not sure how we could highlight those as they are spread on multiple bugs
15:16:07 <Joubu> There is bug 29132 # 19.11 is buggy
15:16:07 <huginn`> 04Bug https://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=29132 major, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart+koha, Passed QA , API access denied after update to 19.11.22 due to not executed atomicupdate for api keys
15:16:14 <Joubu> will be fixed in the next release
15:16:45 <tuxayo> I'm preparing the last 20.05.x, it won't have one or two important bug that hasn't yet made it to 20.11.x. Some tricky stuff.
15:17:14 <Joubu> cait1: article requests - I think there are release notes for each of some
15:17:18 <Joubu> at least the big ones
15:17:39 <ashimema> bug 29300 needs a bit more thought too
15:17:39 <huginn`> 04Bug https://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=29300 normal, P5 - low, ---, martin.renvoize, Pushed to oldoldstable , Release team 22.05
15:17:54 <ashimema> i.e my final comment there asking about how we want to present LTS and End of life
15:18:24 <Joubu> I think the "release team for next version" was usually pushed (or at least backported) once the major was released
15:18:29 <Joubu> and so we didn't hit this problem
15:18:35 <tuxayo> yes
15:18:41 <ashimema> fair
15:19:19 <Joubu> about the LTS, I don't know.
15:19:24 <Joubu> will need to get back to that later
15:19:25 <ashimema> I would say if you push it just prior to release for any release that to another 6 months on it
15:19:31 <ashimema> indeed
15:19:46 <tuxayo> Yes, it would work that way
15:20:21 <ashimema> if you always do it the first release after the major.. you'll have a month where it appears as though your version is supported by the wrong team
15:20:26 <ashimema> or unsupported
15:20:37 <tuxayo> oh i see!
15:20:57 <tuxayo> ok, that's the reason to have this earlier
15:21:05 <Joubu> or... we link to a static page on the website?
15:21:07 <ashimema> yup
15:21:13 <ashimema> honestly.. I hadn't anticipated this bit 😉
15:21:22 <tuxayo> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Koha_(software)#Releases
15:21:30 <ashimema> I like having it built in
15:21:33 <ashimema> but yeah.. a link could work
15:21:48 <tuxayo> (not yet up to date)
15:23:13 <Joubu> #topic Updates from the QA team
15:24:07 <Joubu> something specific to tell?
15:24:18 <cait1> not really
15:24:25 <cait1> you pointed out what needs doing already
15:24:34 <cait1> we focus on what needs done for release
15:24:50 <Joubu> #topic Actions from last meeting
15:24:53 <cait1> then we'll focus on bugs for a bit at least -- and then some old big ones like recalls early next release
15:24:59 <Joubu> #topic tuxayo to send draft for holiday clash
15:25:11 <Joubu> this has been done and it's on the website
15:25:31 <cait1> yes and the bidding has been opened
15:25:36 <Joubu> https://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Processes_for_KohaCons#Continent_rotation
15:25:38 <Joubu> there
15:25:52 <Joubu> #topic cait to update expectations to monthly report to mailing list
15:26:05 <Joubu> " An update on progress is to be made monthly to the Koha mailing list. "
15:26:07 <Joubu> thx
15:26:20 <tuxayo> I had an answser from Indranil to refine the part about Hindu holidays
15:26:25 <Joubu> #topic General development discussion (trends, ideas, ...)
15:26:42 <tuxayo> I still need more info from them to confirm the changes
15:26:54 <tuxayo> thanks cait!
15:27:07 <Joubu> tuxayo: do I need to keep track here (action)?
15:27:15 <cait1> tuxayo: i think you could just add that if it's not super big
15:27:34 <tuxayo> I think I got that part all wrong XD
15:27:56 <tuxayo> it depend on who one asks
15:28:08 <tuxayo> Joubu: yes, I'll add an action
15:28:45 <cait1> tuxayo: you made a suggestion and now we can refine :)
15:29:25 <Joubu> #topic Set time of next meeting
15:29:56 <Joubu> #info Next meeting: 8 December 2021, 15UTC
15:30:16 <tuxayo> #action tuxayo KohaCon Process: holiday clash: get more feedback from Indranil Das Gupta about Hindu holidays and change that part
15:30:29 <Joubu> #endmeeting