14:03:21 <Joubu> #startmeeting Development IRC meeting 25 August 2021
14:03:21 <huginn> Meeting started Wed Aug 25 14:03:21 2021 UTC.  The chair is Joubu. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
14:03:21 <huginn> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #startvote.
14:03:21 <huginn> The meeting name has been set to 'development_irc_meeting_25_august_2021'
14:03:25 <Joubu> #topic Introductions
14:03:33 <Joubu> #link https://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Development_IRC_meeting_25_August_2021
14:03:39 <Joubu> #info Jonathan Druart
14:03:46 <tuxayo> #info tuxayo/Victor Grousset, France
14:04:32 <thd> Thomas Dukleth, Agogme, New York City, still a little damp after tropical storm Henri
14:05:08 <kidclamp> #info Nick Clemens, ByWaterSolutions
14:05:15 <petrova> #info Peter (Petro) Vashchuk, National Library of Finland, HELSINKI
14:06:21 <nugged> #info Andrew Nugged, National Library of Finland, HELSINKI
14:06:58 <Joubu> looks like people are still enjoying their vacation :)
14:07:02 <Joubu> #topic Announcements
14:07:06 <Joubu> Anyone have something?
14:07:39 <Joubu> #topic Update from the Release Manager (21.05)
14:07:52 <Joubu> Not much to say, I wasn't around much the last couple of weeks
14:08:01 <Joubu> back full speed from today
14:08:13 <Joubu> reading the email and bugfixing first, then PQA
14:08:46 <Joubu> I'd like to have a look at the "move mailing lists to discourse" topic in the upcoming weeks, will see how it goes
14:09:13 <Joubu> #topic Updates from the Release Maintainers
14:09:35 <Joubu> Security releases are out, upgrade!
14:09:42 <Joubu> #info Security releases are out, upgrade!
14:09:44 <tuxayo> yesterday's security release a bit messy but done
14:10:07 <tuxayo> I hope no one will get DoSed :)
14:11:07 <Joubu> something else/questions?
14:11:19 <Joubu> #topic Updates from the QA team
14:11:45 <Joubu> cait is not around but she certainly wanted to tell her QA team that the NQA queue is quite high
14:12:17 <Joubu> 83 bugs so far, some bad ones
14:12:41 <oleonard> #info Owen Leonard, Athens County Public Libraries, Ohio, USA
14:14:07 <Joubu> top QA priority must be the majors listed on the dashboard
14:14:35 <Joubu> #topic Status of roadmap projects
14:14:52 <Joubu> 2 big ones have been pushed recently:
14:14:56 <Joubu> bug 25078
14:14:56 <huginn> 04Bug https://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=25078 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart+koha, Pushed to master , Update DB process - wrap each DBRev inside a transaction and better error handling
14:15:06 <Joubu> I sent an email to the list about that one, read it!
14:15:06 <tuxayo> confetti!
14:15:07 <wahanui> o/`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`
14:15:15 <Joubu> bug 24387
14:15:15 <huginn> 04Bug https://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=24387 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart+koha, Pushed to master , Rename News tool
14:15:16 <oleonard> Joubu++
14:15:23 <oleonard> Joubu++
14:15:28 <Joubu> It's "done", lot of things to clean a bit more the area
14:15:48 <Joubu> If you have any good ideas, open new bug reports/enhancement requests
14:15:51 <Joubu> and we may work on it!
14:16:37 <Joubu> I may have plans for new areas, like full new pages ("Koha as a CMSish")
14:17:07 <Joubu> Then, 2 high priority for 21.11, I really would like to have those 2 ready to be pushed ASAP:
14:17:11 <Joubu> bug 28445
14:17:11 <huginn> 04Bug https://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=28445 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart+koha, Needs Signoff , Use the task queue for the batch delete and update items tool
14:17:15 <oleonard> Bug 15326
14:17:15 <wahanui> Bug 15326 is making good progress. Still needs work, but getting a lot closer.
14:17:15 <huginn> 04Bug https://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=15326 new feature, P5 - low, ---, aleisha, Failed QA , Add CMS feature
14:17:22 <Joubu> that's just awesome, please test it's great
14:17:41 <Joubu> and the neverending bug 27829
14:17:41 <huginn> 04Bug https://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=27829 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, koha-bugs, NEW , [OMNIBUS] Remove specific LANG installer data
14:18:00 <Joubu> we are almost there, help us to remove those devil files!
14:18:10 <oleonard> :)
14:18:34 <Joubu> anything else you would like to highlight?
14:19:38 <Joubu> #topic Actions from last meeting
14:19:44 <thd> I have rearranged previously submitted wiki migration files so that version control can function properly for them.
14:19:51 <Joubu> * khall QA 25078 - done, thanks!!
14:20:17 <Joubu> sorry thd, I am too fast
14:20:24 <thd> I have separated binary files
14:21:08 <Joubu> I will have a look when possible
14:21:22 <thd> I was just discussing with tuxayo that I have a no connection error when trying to git push for git-daemon.
14:21:54 <Joubu> remote must be set like "git@host:namespace/project.git"
14:21:59 <thd> I previously tested git-daemon for which cloning worked fine.
14:22:00 <Joubu> at least for gitlab and gitea
14:23:32 <thd> git-daemon is not secure with enabling the option for that but I will chose a different method for using git-daemon or one which you just identified.
14:23:47 <Joubu> why not using gitlab?
14:24:39 <thd> No reason other than trying to see the whole process running on a server which I controlled and with minimal use.
14:25:03 <thd> s/minimal use/minimal resources/
14:25:12 <Joubu> ok, moving on
14:25:31 <Joubu> thd: unless you want to add something about the wiki migration?
14:26:17 <thd> No.  I would have something to add after supplying proper version control.
14:26:29 <Joubu> #topic General development discussion (trends, ideas, ...)
14:26:35 <Joubu> anything?
14:27:00 <Joubu> #topic Set time of next meeting
14:27:04 <Joubu> #info Next meeting: 8 September 2021, 14 UTC
14:27:19 <Joubu> #endmeeting