14:04:27 <tuxayo> #startmeeting Development IRC meeting 8 September 2021
14:04:27 <huginn> Meeting started Wed Sep  8 14:04:27 2021 UTC.  The chair is tuxayo. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
14:04:27 <huginn> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #startvote.
14:04:27 <huginn> The meeting name has been set to 'development_irc_meeting_8_september_2021'
14:04:39 <tuxayo> #topic Introductions
14:05:39 <tuxayo> #info Victor Grousset, Tuxayo Global Services Inc. ,France
14:05:59 <henryb> #info Henry Bolshaw, House of Lords Library, UK
14:06:28 <thd> #info Thomas Dukleth, Agogme, New York City [mostly above water again]
14:09:38 <tuxayo> #topic Announcements
14:10:13 <tuxayo> Anyone have something?
14:10:27 <henryb> Nothing from me
14:12:26 <tuxayo> Joubu while sending apologies for not being able to attend left and important message:
14:12:29 <tuxayo> #info Update! The last security update has been directly released in the Debian packages.
14:13:35 <tuxayo> #info The koha-devel and general mailing list also contains instructions for directly applying the patches for installations not using the Debian packages.
14:14:15 <tuxayo> #link https://lists.koha-community.org/pipermail/koha-devel/2021-September/046686.html
14:14:25 <tuxayo> #link https://lists.koha-community.org/pipermail/koha-devel/2021-September/046687.html
14:15:23 <tuxayo> This is important, it's the most important security release since a few cycles.
14:18:51 <tuxayo> Does anyone have another topic before closing?
14:19:40 <thd> Are you skipping the agenda items for low attendance?
14:20:56 <tuxayo> I'm grouping them all now ^^
14:21:01 <thd> Ok.
14:22:45 <tuxayo> No RM or assistant, no other RMaint, or QA member, not action from last meeting
14:22:53 <thd> I have been through many cycles of starting over quickly with git to attain proper separation of version control for wiki database migration and upgrade.
14:23:04 <tuxayo> great :)
14:23:42 <thd> Obviously that would have been easier if I had started by committing to git instead of doing retrospectively.
14:24:59 <tuxayo> Good to have you for some updates on the wiki roadmap project ^^
14:25:00 <tuxayo> Do you still have work not in git yet?
14:25:05 <thd> However, some files would have moved to much which left a challenge of rearranging the first commit.
14:26:13 <thd> I had too much in Git and used many symlinks which had to be syphoned off to a tarball of binary files.
14:28:30 <tuxayo> Thanks for the update, best luck with the remaining stuff to be sorted out.
14:29:00 <tuxayo> #topic Set time of next meeting
14:29:03 <thd> I may move unmodified extension files to the binary tarball.
14:30:41 <tuxayo> Are these the last pieces of the puzzle?
14:32:50 <cait> sorry for missing the meeting... too many phone calls today
14:32:54 <tuxayo> so Next meeting: 22 September 2021, 14 UTC ?
14:33:53 <tuxayo> #info 2021 koha-US conference happening in two weeks! https://koha-us.org/conference2021/
14:33:53 <thd> As far as version control yes.  I have had mistakes from retrospective work where I appeared to have over a thousand changed files because of a mistake in rearranging the files for the initial commit.
14:34:19 <tuxayo> > As far as version control yes
14:34:19 <tuxayo> great :)
14:35:20 <tuxayo> Is that much interference to have the meeting during the koha-US conf?
14:36:21 <thd> I still have to look at why the Nginx default does not link to the tarball directory the way Apache had done.
14:37:41 <thd> Having a meeting in the midst of a major national Koha conference is probably not best.
14:37:56 <tuxayo> Planning for the 29th also works well
14:38:13 <tcohen> ouch
14:38:42 <tuxayo> #info Next meeting: 29 September 2021, 14 UTC
14:39:01 <ashimema> hi
14:39:33 <tuxayo> #endmeeting