14:01:31 <Joubu> #startmeeting General IRC meeting 12 March 2021
14:01:31 <huginn> Meeting started Wed May 12 14:01:31 2021 UTC.  The chair is Joubu. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
14:01:31 <huginn> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #startvote.
14:01:31 <huginn> The meeting name has been set to 'general_irc_meeting_12_march_2021'
14:01:40 <tuxayo> #info tuxayo/Victor Grousset, France
14:01:47 <Joubu> #link https://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/General_IRC_meeting_12_May_2021
14:01:55 <nugged> o/
14:01:56 <oleonard> #info Owen Leonard, Athens County Public Libraries, Ohio USA
14:02:19 <ashimema> funny.. we don't have any Bugwrangler standing yet
14:02:22 <kohaputti> #info Joonas Kylmälä
14:02:24 <thd> #info Thomas Dukleth, Agogme, New York City
14:02:25 <ashimema> that post is usually one that fills up
14:02:33 <ashimema> #info Martin Renvoize, PTFS Europe, UK
14:02:52 * ashimema is waiting on a confirmation to add a name to that little group
14:02:55 <Joubu> #topic Introductions
14:03:01 <Joubu> #chair ashimema
14:03:01 <huginn> Current chairs: Joubu ashimema
14:03:03 <ashimema> qa_team?
14:03:03 <Joubu> #chair cait
14:03:03 <huginn> Warning: Nick not in channel: cait
14:03:03 <huginn> Current chairs: Joubu ashimema cait
14:03:22 <tuxayo> ha ha
14:03:24 <Joubu> I am in a meeting, please help me chairing
14:03:32 <ashimema> sure thing
14:03:36 <tcohen> #info Tomas Cohen Arazi, Theke Solutions
14:03:50 <thd> #info Thomas Dukleth, Agogme, New York City
14:03:56 <henryb> #info Henry Bolshaw, House of Lords Library, UK
14:04:06 <nugged> #info Andrew Nugged, National Library of Finland, Oulu
14:04:29 <Joubu> #topic Announcements
14:04:35 <Joubu> Anyone have something?
14:04:48 <ashimema> Koha is awesome!
14:04:57 <Joubu> #info Koha is awesome!
14:05:11 <ashimema> :P
14:05:22 <ashimema> You've sent out the release schedule and dates.. we could remind people the email is out there ;)
14:05:22 <Joubu> #info String freeze is today!
14:05:37 <kohaputti> was? :)
14:05:45 <Joubu> Nothing much PQA today so I think you are good for starting the translation
14:05:47 <petrov_> #info Petro Vashchuk, National Library of Finland, Oulu
14:06:04 <tcohen> can we wait one more day?
14:06:05 <tcohen> :-d
14:06:08 <Joubu> kohaputti: Bernardo told me he can regenerate the strings if needed later today
14:06:18 <kohaputti> Joubu, ok
14:06:30 <ashimema> #info Release is scheduled for 28th May - Keep your final bugfixes and qa momentum going everyone :)
14:07:17 <Joubu> #topic Update from the Release Manager (21.05)
14:07:26 <ashimema> nice to see you patrov_ :)
14:07:27 <Joubu> all good for me, please focus on the 21.05 tag
14:07:42 <Joubu> https://frama.link/koha_bz_rel_21_05_candidate
14:07:52 <Joubu> that's the one you should have bookmarked already
14:08:22 <Joubu> there are some there that are blocker for the release
14:08:31 <Joubu> bug 28317
14:08:31 <huginn> 04Bug https://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=28317 major, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart+koha, In Discussion , Remove CGI::Session::Serialize::yaml dependency by using the default serializer
14:08:37 <Joubu> bug 28302
14:08:37 <huginn> 04Bug https://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=28302 major, P5 - low, ---, julian.maurice, Needs Signoff , Koha does not work with CGI::Compile 0.24
14:08:54 <Joubu> bug 28200
14:08:54 <huginn> 04Bug https://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=28200 major, P5 - low, ---, dcook, Needs Signoff , Net::Netmask 1.9104-2 requires constructor change for backwards compatibility
14:08:56 <Joubu> at least those 3
14:09:08 <ashimema> Their at the top of my list for after this meeting ;)
14:09:14 <ashimema> it's been a busy few days :|
14:09:25 <Joubu> n
14:09:30 <Joubu> need eyes on bug 27916
14:09:30 <huginn> 04Bug https://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=27916 blocker, P5 - low, ---, kyle, Failed QA , Fee paid message can crash SIP server if paying fee that is not "renewable"
14:09:48 <Joubu> and there are 4 criticals (check the dashboard), waiting for patches!
14:10:02 * ashimema will have another go at a test
14:10:10 <Joubu> any questions?
14:10:53 <cait1> #info Katrin Fischer, BSZ, Germany
14:10:56 <Joubu> #topic Updates from the Release Maintainers
14:10:58 <Joubu> rmaints?
14:10:59 <cait1> sorry,... my alarm didn't go off
14:11:28 <Joubu> @later tell rangi wahanui is not with us!
14:11:28 <huginn> Joubu: The operation succeeded.
14:12:09 <tuxayo> > wahanui is not with us!
14:12:09 <tuxayo> We can't do confettis!
14:12:30 <Joubu> #info stable releases are scheduled for 24/25th
14:13:00 <Joubu> #topic Election of the Koha 21.11 Release Team
14:13:05 <Joubu> #link https://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Roles_for_21.11
14:13:25 <Joubu> Do we missing people there?
14:13:39 <cait1> tuxayo: right... might have to postpone elections withotu confettis! ;)
14:13:47 <tuxayo> lol
14:13:49 <khall> #info Kyle M Hall, ByWater Solutions
14:14:01 <kidclamp> #info Nick Clemens, ByWater Solutions
14:14:16 <oleonard> ✧*。٩(ˊᗜˋ*)و✧*。 <- confetti alternative
14:14:17 <Joubu> Thanks ashimema for picking the IRC role!
14:14:28 <ashimema> no worries..
14:14:34 <Joubu> caroline_catlady: no more in the documentation team?
14:14:45 <ashimema> hopefully I can make it feel like a good role for someone to step into for the 22.05 cycle
14:15:06 <Joubu> ashimema: AndrewFH told me he is willing to do it for 22.05!
14:15:15 <kohaputti> Is Agustin Moyano wanting to continue in QA?
14:15:25 <kohaputti> Agustin was in 21.05 release team
14:15:26 <Joubu> (I have proof of that)
14:15:36 <ashimema> I just added Sally as a bugwrangler.. she's just getting the go ahead for it from her boss ;).. we can remove it if she doesn't but I wanted it on there for the vote
14:15:42 <tcohen> yes
14:15:49 <tcohen> he forgot to add himself
14:15:51 <tcohen> Agustin
14:16:08 <cait1> I think we could still nominate caroline_catlady later - if she is not around now
14:16:16 <henryb> Sally++
14:16:22 <cait1> i think she wanted to, but was still figuring out docs manager role?
14:16:36 <cait1> Sally++
14:16:39 <ashimema> indeed
14:16:57 <Joubu> #link https://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Proposal_for_RM_21.11_joubu
14:17:05 <Joubu> from this link, there is "Most of my time will be on RM duties and help the 21.11 roadmap topics"
14:17:13 <Joubu> #link https://annuel.framapad.org/p/koha_21.11_roadmap
14:17:31 <Joubu> which is really what I would like to do next cycle, focussing on what is in the roadmap
14:17:41 <cait1> makes sense to me
14:17:46 <Joubu> if you need my help, please add your topic/work there
14:17:46 <tcohen> Agreed
14:17:55 <ashimema> +1
14:18:00 <tcohen> what is the deadline for the roadmap?
14:18:01 <Joubu> I won't help nothing big not in the roadmap
14:18:02 <tcohen> :-D
14:18:03 <cait1> I'll try to check out the roadmap for possible additions before next week
14:18:10 <cait1> if that's ok?
14:18:15 <Joubu> June 1st
14:18:18 * ashimema too
14:18:39 <ashimema> I've had a quick look but not a really detailed one yet.. I don't want to over-commit myself this time ;)
14:19:05 <Joubu> good idea, ashimema ;)
14:19:13 <cait1> are we planning on prioritizing projects too?
14:19:24 <cait1> can we info that?
14:19:26 <Joubu> you can still help other topics when you will have done all the ones you commited to
14:19:34 <kohaputti> The C4-namespace stuff is still causing delays in fixing bugs
14:19:34 <tcohen> ashimema can you help me with the holds table again, this cycle?
14:19:38 <cait1> #info June 1st is the deadline for the 21.11 roadmap
14:19:43 <ashimema> certainly tcohen
14:20:29 <cait1> i am a little worried we will get a long list but be spread out too much
14:20:42 <cait1> maybe good to mark what you will be focusing on first /highest priority
14:20:52 <cait1> also helps to see where we need to push qa/testing
14:20:59 <ashimema> as part of 'IRC Meeting Facilitator' we talk about keeping roadmap topics on track.. that's where I intend on focusing most of my effort in that role (and I suggested perhaps we rename the role if it makes sense to)
14:21:01 <Joubu> kohaputti: I've stopped working on moving code from C4 to Koha because it took too long to get the changes tested and QAed
14:21:34 <ashimema> we want to keep the list short and work through it.. if we finish one, perhaps we can add another in it's place.. capping a maximum that can appear on it at any given time or something along those lines.
14:21:40 <Joubu> cait1: topics without enough people will be moved down
14:22:02 <ashimema> yup
14:22:45 <cait1> Joubu: maybe we can talk sometime about how the move could progress (namespace)
14:22:45 <henryb> Oops, I just added mine at the top
14:22:57 <cait1> if it's accessilbity that might be a good spot :)
14:23:12 <Joubu> henryb: no worries, we will reorder later
14:23:17 <ashimema> all good henry.. we'll sort them once we have an initial list and have pinned people down to help ;)
14:23:33 <cait1> I got to leave in 5 minutes, but could you count a +1 from me for the elections? Really happy overall, especially with growing QA team
14:23:43 <ashimema> #link https://annuel.framapad.org/p/koha_21.11_roadmap Provisional Roadmap for 21.11
14:23:45 <cait1> everyone signing up fresh for QA: expect a weekly email from me :)
14:23:50 <Joubu> yes, nice QA team :)
14:25:31 <Joubu> what's the vote syntax?
14:25:46 <tcohen> yes :-D
14:26:11 <cait1> it's on the chairing meetings wiki page :P
14:26:14 <ashimema> / #startvote <Question> <Options, comma separated>
14:26:18 <cait1> i think it's startvote question options
14:26:19 <cait1> yep
14:26:24 <cait1> and end with a ?
14:26:28 <cait1> or it won't like it
14:26:39 <cait1> the question part :)
14:26:58 <ashimema> #startvote Do we agree to vote in the next release team as it stands on the wiki page right now? Yes, No, Abstain
14:26:58 <huginn> Begin voting on: Do we agree to vote in the next release team as it stands on the wiki page right now? Valid vote options are Yes, No, Abstain.
14:26:58 <huginn> Vote using '#vote OPTION'. Only your last vote counts.
14:27:14 <cait1> #vote yes
14:27:19 <ashimema> #vote Yes
14:27:19 <tuxayo> #vote yes
14:27:19 <tcohen> #vote yes
14:27:21 <henryb> #vote yes
14:27:24 <Joubu> #vote yes
14:27:28 <cait1> got to go! reading back later!
14:27:36 <tcohen> wait, is is case sensitive?
14:27:38 <thd> #vote Yes
14:27:44 <tcohen> #vote Yes
14:27:49 <tuxayo> hum
14:27:50 <oleonard> #vote Yes
14:27:57 * tuxayo check the old votes
14:28:07 <kohaputti> probably yes, but who is Wainui Witika-Park for 19.11 release maintainer?
14:28:12 <ashimema> I've never worked out if it's case sensative.. but it does take your last vote if you vote twice ;)
14:28:12 <khall> #vote Yes
14:28:18 <henryb> #vote Yes
14:28:33 <tuxayo> kohaputti: Wainui is from Catalyst
14:28:39 <ashimema> She is new at catalyst kohaputti, she's been working through accessability bugs to date
14:28:57 <kohaputti> ok, I trust you guys, then my vote:
14:29:00 <kohaputti> #vote yes
14:29:04 <ashimema> but.. she will have the backup of a good team at catalyst behind her.. Aliesha, Chris etc.
14:29:10 <nugged> #vote yes
14:29:20 <tuxayo> Vote isn't case sensitive
14:29:27 <Joubu> nugged: great to see you around ;)
14:29:38 <ashimema> OK.. will give it another minute for stragglers then call it.
14:30:16 <ashimema> 5
14:30:21 <ashimema> 4
14:30:23 <ashimema> 3
14:30:24 <kidclamp> #vote yes
14:30:27 <ashimema> 2
14:30:34 <ashimema> 1
14:30:37 <ashimema> #endvote
14:30:37 <huginn> Voted on "Do we agree to vote in the next release team as it stands on the wiki page right now?" Results are
14:30:37 <huginn> Yes (12): Joubu, cait1, oleonard, ashimema, tuxayo, kohaputti, khall, kidclamp, henryb, tcohen, nugged, thd
14:30:40 <tuxayo> confetti!
14:30:52 <tcohen> confetti!
14:30:55 <ashimema> 🎊
14:30:58 <tuxayo> ✧*。٩(ˊᗜˋ*)و✧*。
14:31:04 <ashimema> confetti!
14:31:10 <tuxayo> ✧*。٩(ˊᗜˋ*)و✧*。
14:31:39 <tuxayo> 🎊
14:32:16 <oleonard> ٩(✪ꀾ⍟༶)و
14:32:20 <oleonard> (ง ͡ʘ ͜ʖ ͡ʘ)ง
14:32:23 <ashimema> #topic Actions from last meeting
14:32:27 <ashimema> Looks like it was a clear slate last meeting :)
14:32:41 <ashimema> anyone have any other buisines?
14:32:42 <thd> Good to see that some of my system fonts work for confetti :)
14:32:51 <tuxayo> ^^
14:33:07 <ashimema> ok
14:33:15 <ashimema> #topic Time for next meeting
14:33:21 * ashimema should have prepped this bit
14:34:11 <Joubu> 14UTC
14:34:18 <ashimema> 16th June sound reasonable..
14:34:36 <Joubu> 9th is in 4w
14:34:37 * ashimema tries to remember the syntax or the script.. it's been a while ;)
14:34:46 <Joubu> otherwise it will overlap with dev meeting
14:34:48 <tuxayo> #info Next meeting: 26 July 2017, 14 UTC
14:35:24 <ashimema> #info Next meeting: 09 June 2021, 14 UTC
14:35:28 <ashimema> ok with everyone?
14:35:30 <tuxayo> shoots, it's #info so my example ended up in the log :o
14:35:53 <ashimema> ok, lets call it that then :)
14:35:56 <ashimema> #endmeeting