15:00:54 <Joubu> #startmeeting General IRC meeting 14 April 2021
15:00:54 <huginn> Meeting started Wed Apr 14 15:00:54 2021 UTC.  The chair is Joubu. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
15:00:54 <huginn> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #startvote.
15:00:54 <huginn> The meeting name has been set to 'general_irc_meeting_14_april_2021'
15:01:00 <Joubu> #topic Introductions
15:01:09 <Joubu> #info Jonathan Druart
15:01:12 <ashimema> #info Martin Renvoize, PTFS Europe
15:01:15 <Joubu> #chair ashimema
15:01:15 <huginn> Current chairs: Joubu ashimema
15:01:22 <tuxayo> #info tuxayo/Victor Grousset, France
15:01:26 <henryb> #info Henry Bolshaw, House of Lords Library, UK
15:01:30 <oleonard> #info Owen Leonard, Athens County Public Libraries, Ohio, USA
15:01:38 <Joubu> qa_team?
15:01:38 <wahanui> rumour has it qa_team is cait, dcook, amoyano, ashimema, marcelr, kohaputti, jajm, tcohen, josef_moravec, kidclamp, khall and tuxayo
15:01:40 <Joubu> rmaints?
15:01:40 <wahanui> rmaints is fridolin, AndrewFH and tuxayo
15:02:01 <thd> #info Thomas Dukleth, Agogme, New York City
15:02:27 <Joubu> #topic Announcements
15:02:32 <Joubu> Anyone have something?
15:03:24 <ashimema> Nope..
15:03:26 <Joubu> #topic Update from the Release Manager (21.05)
15:03:31 <Joubu> Release dates for 21.05 will be publish soon, 21.05.00 should be expected for May 28th.
15:03:37 <ashimema> not far from release now I suppose
15:03:41 <Joubu> Don't expected freshly published big things to be part of 21.05, and please focus on what is in the queue already.
15:03:49 <ashimema> do you have release timeline for May Joubu?
15:03:50 <Joubu> It would be great to see some progress on the roadmap topics and the RM priorities:
15:03:55 <ashimema> oh.. and the roles page is open
15:03:59 <ashimema> that could be announced
15:04:08 <Joubu> * QA needed on bug 22544, bug 26703, bug 27623, bug 27624 and bug 27625
15:04:08 <huginn> 04Bug https://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=22544 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Signed Off , Move C4:NewsChannels to Koha namespace
15:04:09 <Joubu> * Help QA failures on bug 14957
15:04:09 * ashimema was a bit slow off the mark there
15:04:09 <huginn> 04Bug https://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=26703 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, wainuiwitikapark, Signed Off , We should reconsider best practice for our title elements
15:04:11 <Joubu> * SO + QA on bug 27526
15:04:11 <huginn> 04Bug https://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=27623 minor, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Signed Off , Remove pl-PL installer data
15:04:12 <huginn> 04Bug https://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=27624 minor, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Signed Off , Remove ru-RU installer data
15:04:13 <huginn> 04Bug https://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=27625 minor, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Signed Off , Remove uk-UA installer data
15:04:14 <huginn> 04Bug https://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=14957 new feature, P5 - low, ---, glasklas, Failed QA , Write protecting MARC fields based on source of import
15:04:15 <huginn> 04Bug https://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=27526 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Needs Signoff , Remove Mod/AddItemFromMarc from additem.pl
15:04:17 <Joubu> There are also a bunch a major bugfixes waiting for QA, and 7 criticals (!)
15:04:36 <Joubu> #info QA needed on bug 22544, bug 26703, bug 27623, bug 27624 and bug 27625
15:04:45 <Joubu> #info Several majors and criticals in the queue right now
15:04:48 <Joubu> The roles for 21.11 are opened - https://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Roles_for_21.05
15:04:57 <Joubu> #info The roles for 21.11 are opened - https://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Roles_for_21.05
15:05:09 <Joubu> We are missing a release maintainer for 21.05 and it would be nice to see the QA team growing a bit more.
15:05:18 <henryb> Are there any priorities still needing sign off?
15:05:36 <koha-jenkins> Yippee, build fixed!
15:05:36 <wahanui> Congratulations!
15:05:36 <koha-jenkins> Project Koha_Master_D11 build #260: FIXED in 54 min: https://jenkins.koha-community.org/job/Koha_Master_D11/260/
15:05:49 <ashimema> You were working through all the title and header level bugs weren't you henryb..
15:05:50 <Joubu> henryb: there is only 1 major waiting for SO
15:06:12 <tuxayo> #info errata, previous link: https://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Roles_for_21.11
15:06:24 <Joubu> indeed!
15:06:28 <ashimema> that tree is high importance to me.. makeing sure they make sense again after the first bug makes them a bit all over the place as a first step
15:07:01 <Joubu> I've created a new 'IRC_meeting_facilitator' role. I described what I expected from the role there - https://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Project_roles#IRC_meeting_facilitator
15:07:11 <Joubu> Let me know if you are interested in doing it, I will be happy to help!
15:07:32 <Joubu> That's all for me
15:08:08 <Joubu> any questions?
15:08:17 <henryb> ashimema: sure, I'd lost track of where they'd got to but I can look at those
15:08:55 <Joubu> are you referring to bug 26703?
15:09:13 <henryb> I like the idea of an IRC_meeting_faciitator role (but I'm not volunteering!)
15:09:56 <tuxayo> 26703 - We should reconsider best practice for our title elements
15:10:20 <ashimema> Well, yes.. you highlighted that one Joubu
15:10:42 <ashimema> I was also thinking about the tree that hangs off bug 27610
15:10:42 <huginn> 04Bug https://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=27610 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, wainuiwitikapark, Pushed to master , Accessibility: OPAC - <h1> on each page is Logo but should be page description/title
15:10:44 <henryb> And bug 27876 too?
15:10:44 <huginn> 04Bug https://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=27876 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, wainuiwitikapark, ASSIGNED , Accessibility: OPAC - Reduce heading redundancy
15:10:47 <Joubu> yes, it's part of the priorities, mainly because it will be a nightmare to rebase
15:10:56 <ashimema> indeed
15:11:14 <ashimema> and the first one is pushed.. that one breaks the heirarchy in lots of places.. the subsequent ones fix it again
15:11:49 <koha-jenkins> Project Koha_Master_D10_CPAN build #290: UNSTABLE in 1 hr 2 min: https://jenkins.koha-community.org/job/Koha_Master_D10_CPAN/290/
15:11:59 <ashimema> so yeah.. those one's would be really helpful to help me work through henryb.. I've lost track of them personally at the minute
15:13:06 <Joubu> ok, moving on
15:13:12 <Joubu> #topic Update on releases
15:13:25 <Joubu> I don't think there is much to highlight for stables
15:13:38 <koha-jenkins> Project Koha_Master_U2010 build #150: SUCCESS in 30 min: https://jenkins.koha-community.org/job/Koha_Master_U2010/150/
15:13:52 <tuxayo> 19.11: indeed
15:14:07 <Joubu> #topic Actions from last meeting
15:14:16 <Joubu> #topic
15:14:18 <Joubu> #topic caroline Officially announce KohaCon21 will be organized by Koha Pakistan Community & National Library of Pakistan
15:14:35 <Joubu> #info KohaCon21 announced on the list - https://lists.katipo.co.nz/pipermail/koha/2021-March/055951.html
15:14:55 <cait1> #info Katrin Fischer, BSZ, Germany
15:15:00 <Joubu> #topic General development discussion
15:15:14 <Joubu> Info about the NSO and NQA queues:
15:15:19 <Joubu> both are quite high
15:15:37 <Joubu> NSO is 193 and NQA is 127 at the moment
15:15:56 <Joubu> I've bypassed QA this morning to help the QA team a bit
15:16:47 <cait1> not good, but necessary
15:16:53 * ashimema kinda hit burn out and needed to switch to customer priority work for a couple of weeks.. I hope to get back to SO + QA soon
15:16:53 <Joubu> but we are really lacking movements, and the few around are loosing motivation
15:16:54 <cait1> we need more hands on deck
15:17:19 <Joubu> what can we do?
15:17:20 <cait1> yes, I've been very busy at work and that relfects in my tme for QA a lot
15:17:40 <Joubu> I can continue to skip QA but it's not ideal
15:17:45 <cait1> I think calling on the other QA team member and trying to grow the team
15:17:58 <cait1> I'll also try to catch up a bit
15:17:59 <ashimema> indeed.. it shouldn't be so noticeable when one or two of us have to prioritise other things for a week or two... I realise some people have stepped up a little whilst I've been out.. but the numbers are still telling.
15:19:05 <cait1> I have another big event next week, after that it will hopefully improve a bit
15:19:20 <cait1> i also can't touch some or they are out of my league, so need the dev people on the team to do those
15:20:00 <cait1> we have quite a few bad bugs we need to focus on, but also some long sitting enh in the queue, that deserve a chance to make deadline
15:20:01 <Joubu> We are entering an important slot, few weeks left before the release. We need people around for the bugfixes and stabilisation period
15:20:17 <cait1> exactly
15:20:41 <cait1> bugs and the old things i am mostly worried about, a lot of them got close already once
15:21:01 <Joubu> the old things?
15:21:09 <Joubu> which ones do you have in mind?
15:21:15 <cait1> we have soe things in qa queue from december, january and so on
15:21:23 <cait1> last change date
15:21:57 <cait1> we have been great managing the numbers and waiting times last cycle, but this cycle thigns have relapsed
15:22:02 <cait1> (if that is a word you can use here?)
15:22:32 <cait1> so we need to get pushing but at the same time ashimema and I are low on time - Call to QA Team for rescue!
15:22:52 <Joubu> ok, I have not much to offer/suggest, as said I will try to do some QA in the next following days
15:23:02 <cait1> of course
15:23:09 <cait1> that was just a summary and you do  a lot - thx for that
15:23:20 <Joubu> and I will send an email to the team
15:23:36 <cait1> i will try to catch up some until beginning of next week, at least to see where we are and where I can help most
15:23:37 <Joubu> (but it does not help much most of the time :D)
15:23:45 <cait1> it's still something :)
15:24:00 * ashimema still thinks perhaps we need to somehow monetise QA..
15:24:02 <cait1> you know i keep pestering them weekly as well
15:24:14 <ashimema> but that's a broader discussion
15:24:27 <Joubu> it's more "give and take"
15:24:37 <cait1> yeah, not something for this release at elast
15:26:08 <Joubu> another topic you have in mind before I close the meeting?
15:26:35 <Joubu> #topic Set time of next meeting
15:27:03 <Joubu> #info Next meeting: 12 May 2021, 14 UTC
15:27:27 <Joubu> For the election team, will be a bit less than 3 weeks before the release
15:27:29 <Joubu> sounds reasonable
15:27:40 <ashimema> sounds good
15:27:42 <cait1> maybe shoudl send the meeting date for election to list?
15:27:50 <cait1> might hopefully trigger some more sign-ups
15:28:13 <Joubu> yes, please..?
15:28:14 <Joubu> :)
15:28:21 <cait1> i was going to say, please don't make me do it
15:28:33 <Joubu> ashimema?
15:28:33 <wahanui> ashimema is suspecting network.. ashimema's ssh terminal is sluggish.. I type something and it take a second or two to actually appear
15:28:36 <reiveune> bye
15:28:44 <cait1> we shoudl make reiveune do it
15:28:49 <cait1> :)
15:28:53 <tuxayo> lololol
15:29:06 <cait1> ooh a tuxayo
15:29:06 <wahanui> it has been said that a tuxayo is on a role
15:29:08 <Joubu> ok, I will send a reminder
15:29:12 <Joubu> #endmeeting