15:01:20 <tuxayo> #startmeeting Development IRC meeting 2 February 2022
15:01:20 <huginn> Meeting started Wed Feb  2 15:01:20 2022 UTC.  The chair is tuxayo. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
15:01:20 <huginn> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #startvote.
15:01:20 <huginn> The meeting name has been set to 'development_irc_meeting_2_february_2022'
15:01:51 <tuxayo> #link https://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Development_IRC_meeting_2_February_2022 Today's agenda
15:02:03 <tuxayo> #topic Introductions
15:02:19 <oleonard> #info Owen Leonard, Athens County Public Libraries, Ohio, USA
15:02:23 <Joubu> #info Jonathan Druart
15:02:31 <tuxayo> #info Victor Grousset, Tuxayo Stichting, France
15:02:50 <lukeg> #info Lucas Gass, ByWater Solutions
15:03:08 <thd> #info Thomas Dukleth, Agogme, New York City
15:03:11 <tuxayo> qa_team?
15:03:22 <tuxayo> well, qa_team is cait, joubu, tuxayo, marcelr, kidclamp, khall, tcohen, ashimema, nugged, kohaputti, petrova
15:03:26 <tuxayo> rmaints?
15:03:43 <tuxayo> i heard rmaints was khall / khall_ , AndrewFH, wainui and tuxayo
15:04:01 <fridolin> #info Fridolin Somers, BibLibre, France
15:04:11 <AndrewFH> #info Andrew Fuerste-Henry, ByWater Solutions, USA
15:04:21 <nugged> #info Andrew Nugged, National Library of Finland, HELSINKI
15:04:22 <fridolin> hello everybody :D
15:06:06 <tuxayo> #topic Announcements
15:06:26 <tuxayo> Anything to announce that doesn't fit the other topics?
15:06:34 <Joubu> UPDATE!
15:06:51 <tuxayo> yes!
15:06:53 <fridolin> yep
15:07:30 <fridolin> this month a bunch of securty fixes has been released with monthly version
15:07:43 <fridolin> on stables branches from 21.11 to 19
15:07:45 <fridolin> 19.11
15:07:46 <tuxayo> #info update Koha instances asap to get the latest and many security fixes
15:08:25 <fridolin> great work everyone
15:08:34 <nugged> 👍
15:08:43 <tuxayo> (supported stable branches, if you are one 20.05.x you really should update it's now publicly vulnerable and won't have the fixes)
15:09:12 <tuxayo> #topic Update from the Release manager (22.05)
15:09:18 <fridolin> yey
15:09:39 <fridolin> i will apply security patches of course
15:10:17 <fridolin> Test suite is actually failling, dont worry fixes are nearly finished
15:12:19 <fridolin> I'm good
15:12:33 <tuxayo> #topic Updates from the Release Maintainers
15:12:36 <tuxayo> rmaints?
15:12:37 <fridolin> special thanks to RM assistants
15:12:55 <tuxayo> rmaints are khall / khall_ , AndrewFH, wainui and tuxayo
15:14:45 <tuxayo> The security release was quite a thing with it's 9 tickets.
15:15:49 <tuxayo> bug 29881 would help us have Debian 12 (Debian testing) test support back.
15:15:49 <huginn> 04Bug https://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=29881 blocker, P1 - high, ---, mtj, Signed Off , Remove SQLite2 dependency
15:16:45 <tuxayo> mtj++ thanks for setting up a Debian testing build so we can spot stuff much earlier than waiting for Debian releases
15:16:51 <tuxayo> #topic  Updates from the QA team
15:16:59 <tuxayo> qa_team?
15:17:04 <ashimema> oop, sorry I'm late
15:17:32 <tuxayo> qa_team is cait1  , joubu, tuxayo, marcelr, kidclamp, khall, tcohen, ashimema, nugged, kohaputti, petrova
15:17:37 <ashimema> queues are pretty large, as ever
15:18:04 <Joubu> I pasted 3 important ones, just before the meeting
15:18:06 <ashimema> new month though, so plenty of opportunity to get your name to the top of the leader boards
15:18:16 <Joubu> focus should be on them, today
15:18:36 <fridolin> could you name them here ?
15:18:42 <fridolin> for the log
15:19:40 <Joubu> QA, in case you missed them: bug 29881, bug 29893, bug 29969
15:19:41 <huginn> 04Bug https://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=29893 critical, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart+koha, Signed Off , ElasticSearch Config UI deletes mappings
15:19:42 <huginn> 04Bug https://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=29969 major, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart+koha, Signed Off , Cannot update hold list after holds cancelled in bulk
15:20:27 <fridolin> great
15:20:35 <tuxayo> anything else?
15:21:32 <tuxayo> #topic Actions from last meeting
15:22:01 <tuxayo> Thanks Joubu for updating https://koha-community.org/get-involved/for-developers/ with the URL of the current git repo (Gitea)
15:22:15 <tuxayo> «fridolin changes wiki page with "An online conference bid will not make a continent ineligible for hosting an in-person conference the following year". And announcement the change »
15:22:25 <fridolin> yes done
15:22:41 <tuxayo> great!
15:22:46 <tuxayo> «tuxayo open a ticket about the removal of xt/perltidyrc which is not usedx
15:22:59 <tuxayo> done, Bug 30002
15:22:59 <huginn> 04Bug https://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=30002 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, koha-bugs, NEW , Remove unused xt/perltidyrc
15:23:26 <tuxayo> Have I done my homework earlier I could have claimed bug30000!
15:23:42 <fridolin> ^^ i also was hunting it
15:24:07 * nugged also thought to hunt but then hist customers hunt him :)
15:24:16 <nugged> *his :P
15:24:23 <fridolin> XD
15:24:35 <fridolin> customers first
15:24:46 <tuxayo> «ashimema drafts an LTS proposal. (tuxayo can help!)»
15:25:27 <tuxayo> Here are notes from last meeting and a brainstorming and an outline of possible workflows:
15:25:27 <tuxayo> https://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/LTS_workflow_proposal
15:26:13 <tuxayo> I still need to reach people who started and participated to the LTS discussion on the mailing list
15:27:14 <tuxayo> And then fill the detail about the workflows listed and with advantages and disadvantages
15:27:37 <tuxayo> Is workflow even the right term when speaking about how our maintenance branches work?
15:28:28 <fridolin> good for me
15:28:47 <tuxayo> Feedback needed on the wiki page, then email me with koha-devel in copy to chip more people in. Or me directly via IRC or email if you prefer.
15:28:57 <tuxayo> #topic General development discussion (trends, ideas, ...)
15:29:18 <tuxayo> «Add new Bugzilla component for Koha as Mojo App ? » - Fridolin
15:29:33 <fridolin> what do you think ?
15:29:44 <fridolin> i dont understand full this feature
15:29:51 <tuxayo> Are there so many tickets about that an omnibus ticket doesn't do the trick?
15:30:18 <fridolin> since we have a component for REST API
15:30:32 <fridolin> this is a new part of Koha right ?
15:30:47 <fridolin> hope we will have great work on it ;)
15:31:25 <fridolin> component makes it more clear it is not on "usual" parts of Koha
15:31:41 <Joubu> there is no current work on that, and nobody told us they would work on it
15:32:08 <fridolin> ah ok then no need for now, I'm good
15:32:18 <fridolin> abort
15:32:37 <tuxayo> https://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/enter_bug.cgi?product=Koha
15:32:59 <tuxayo> I was thing it would be like plack but it doesn't have it's own component
15:33:27 <tuxayo> Because Mojo app running feels a bit like it.
15:33:35 <fridolin> ah sure
15:33:55 <fridolin> lets see how it grows
15:34:15 <tuxayo> Ok so wishing there is ok on it and it starting messing up our tickets ^^
15:34:22 <tuxayo> *there is work on it
15:34:58 <tuxayo> Anything other topic to discuss?
15:35:24 <fridolin> We hope have proposal for KohaCon22
15:35:36 <fridolin> I've start contact french group Kohala
15:35:46 <tuxayo> :o right! Has anyone heard something?
15:36:03 <fridolin> they are interested  but have 1000 quesitons
15:36:13 <fridolin> we meet next week
15:36:22 <tuxayo> That's a good sign :)
15:36:54 <oleonard> I talked with KohaUS a few weeks ago and thought we'd have an answer by now. That's probably a bad sign.
15:37:16 <fridolin> it will be part online so other groups may join
15:37:30 <tuxayo> thanks for your attempt oleonard++
15:37:33 <fridolin> thanks oleonard
15:39:30 <tuxayo> in other news (and last if no one else got something) oleonard won a free ticket advertisement for posting bug 30000 so here we go:
15:39:30 <huginn> 04Bug https://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=30000 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, NEW , Replace the use of jQueryUI tabs on the search engine configuration page
15:40:11 <oleonard> :D
15:40:36 <oleonard> I'm hoping my jstree update bug gets pushed soon, it will free us up to start working on a jQuery upgrade in earnest.
15:40:38 <tuxayo> #topic Set time of next meeting
15:41:06 <tuxayo> oleonard++
15:41:09 <fridolin> now we can hunt Pi bug 31415
15:41:09 <huginn> 04Bug https://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=31415 could not be retrieved: InvalidBugId
15:41:19 <tuxayo> right!
15:41:35 <oleonard> that bug is destined to be in infinite "in discussion"
15:41:43 <tuxayo> lol
15:41:46 <tuxayo> So next meeting would be the 16th, same tome
15:41:49 <tuxayo> *time
15:42:15 <fridolin> yep
15:42:24 <fridolin> juste before release
15:42:29 <oleonard> +1
15:42:33 <fridolin> a small month ^^
15:43:26 <tuxayo> And two week after that there will be a general meeting, well see how we deal with that
15:43:31 <tuxayo> *we will
15:44:21 <tuxayo> #info Next meeting: 16 February 2022, 15 UTC
15:44:31 <tuxayo> #endmeeting