#koha: Development IRC meeting 30 June 2021

Meeting started by ashimema at 14:01:40 UTC (full logs).

Meeting summary

  1. Introductions (ashimema, 14:01:54)
    1. tuxayo/Victor Grousset, France (tuxayo, 14:01:55)
    2. Tomas Cohen Arazi, Theke Solutions (tcohen, 14:01:56)
    3. Please introduce yourselves (ashimema, 14:02:02)
    4. Martin Renvoize, PTFS Europe, UK (ashimema, 14:02:12)
    5. Katrin Fischer, BSZ, Germany (cait, 14:02:19)
    6. https://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Development_IRC_meeting_30_June_2021 Agenda (ashimema, 14:02:43)
    7. Thomas Dukleth, Agogme, New York City (thd, 14:02:49)

  2. Announcements (ashimema, 14:03:38)
    1. Jonathan has been chasing by email for updates to the roadmap topics.. please reply if you've had a reminder.. lets get these projects moving forward. (ashimema, 14:04:30)
    2. thd has been working on another update for the wiki db migration project. (ashimema, 14:06:05)
    3. tcohen highlighted that we have been seeing some random failures in master and 21.05.. these appear to be selenium related and any help fixing them would be gratefully received. (ashimema, 14:07:03)

  3. Update from the Release manager (ashimema, 14:07:53)
    1. Jonathan is on vacation this week; Ashimema and tcohen have push rights to master if anything especially urgent comes up. (ashimema, 14:08:38)
    2. We are keen to see some of the roadmap projects pick up some pace now, Jonathan will start pushing some of them soon in the hopes we catch all bugs prior to release. (ashimema, 14:09:54)

  4. Updates from the Release Maintainers (ashimema, 14:10:06)
    1. 20.05.x and 20.11.x releases went well (ashimema, 14:11:39)
    2. tuxayo has been giving fridolin some assistance whilst he relocates. (ashimema, 14:12:11)
    3. Frido has arrived in french Polynesia (tuxayo, 14:12:17)
    4. khall and kidclamp are starting to pick up pace after a slow start on their branch. (ashimema, 14:12:38)
    5. first release done for wainui (tuxayo, 14:13:14)

  5. Updates from the QA team (ashimema, 14:14:10)
    1. Owen Leonard, Athens County Public Libraries, Ohio, USA (oleonard, 14:15:17)
    2. QA is focusing on bugs and I try to point out the old ones more lately (old = long waiting) (ashimema, 14:15:56)
    3. Some of the QA team have been lacking in time this cycle, it's great to see others stepping in to fill the void. (ashimema, 14:16:20)

  6. Status of roadmap projects (ashimema, 14:17:41)
    1. https://annuel.framapad.org/p/koha_21.11_roadmap Roadmap (ashimema, 14:19:47)
    2. Standardize the EXPORT (ashimema, 14:20:05)
    3. ashimema has done some initial review of the patch and it's looking good.. unfortunately we need some more eyes on it.. the compile tests are currently failing. (ashimema, 14:20:38)
    4. Remove Mod/AddItemFromMarc from item form (ashimema, 14:21:03)
    5. Improve the update database process (ashimema, 14:22:06)
    6. This is starting to look good.. Jonathan and Julian have been polishing it.. I have signed off on the current state so it's looking for QA. (ashimema, 14:22:38)
    7. Accessibility Improvements (ashimema, 14:24:33)
    8. Work is ongoing I believe.. not sure of next steps.. (ashimema, 14:25:00)
    9. Wiki migration (ashimema, 14:25:10)
    10. See update from thd above. (ashimema, 14:25:17)
    11. Improve contributors list and release_tools (ashimema, 14:25:52)
    12. Lots done here, improvements abound. (ashimema, 14:26:05)
    13. Improve our "news" module (ashimema, 14:26:20)
    14. bug 22544 is signed off and awaiting QA (ashimema, 14:26:47)
    15. correction, awaiting push.. need to focus on the next steps as listed in the dedicated framapad (ashimema, 14:27:27)
    16. Get rid of non-XSLT views (ashimema, 14:27:46)
    17. Patches are ready for testing on bug 12561, please help :) (ashimema, 14:28:01)
    18. Test Rest (ashimema, 14:28:31)
    19. The Rest (ashimema, 14:28:37)
    20. The rest of the roadmap topics haven't really moved much since the last meeting.. we will start chasing them again before the next meeting. (ashimema, 14:29:06)

  7. Actions from last meeting (ashimema, 14:29:18)
    1. I looked at adding the promised guideline for message types, but decided we weren't at that stage yet.. I wan't to discus our approaches to sending such data to the UI with a few key parties before progressing further. (ashimema, 14:30:05)
    2. ACTION: ashimema Talk to key players about message passing for alerts. (ashimema, 14:30:29)
    3. ACTION: kidclamp Ask the ML for additional info about how to implement opt-out for notices. One idea would be to have "My message" at the OPAC (final postpone) (ashimema, 14:31:05)

  8. General discussion (ashimema, 14:31:06)
  9. Review of coding guidelines (ashimema, 14:31:49)
    1. Nothing to review (ashimema, 14:31:54)

  10. Set time of next meeting (ashimema, 14:32:03)
    1. Next meeting: 14 July 2021, 14 UTC (ashimema, 14:34:11)
    2. Next meeting: 15 July 2021, 14 UTC (ashimema, 14:35:46)
    3. Meeting re-scheduled by a day to not clash with Bastille day. (ashimema, 14:36:05)

Meeting ended at 14:36:18 UTC (full logs).

Action items

  1. ashimema Talk to key players about message passing for alerts.
  2. kidclamp Ask the ML for additional info about how to implement opt-out for notices. One idea would be to have "My message" at the OPAC (final postpone)

Action items, by person

  1. ashimema
    1. ashimema Talk to key players about message passing for alerts.

People present (lines said)

  1. ashimema (90)
  2. cait (23)
  3. tuxayo (13)
  4. tcohen (13)
  5. huginn (9)
  6. thd (8)
  7. oleonard (2)
  8. nugged (2)

Generated by MeetBot 0.1.4.